[News] Max Matsuura retires from Avex - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 15th May 2020, 07:57 AM
And Then Initiate

Max Matsuura retires from Avex

"The true intention of leaving as CEO and my future.

As announced the other day, it was sunny for me and I decided to leave the CEO and concentrate on my long-cherished creativity.

About 16 years have passed since I started the president business.
Thinking about it now, it was a good experience, but during that time I seemed not to be myself and it was a very tough day.
If you notice, I was 16 years away from the music production I was originally good at,
In the meantime, various technologies have evolved, and the method of making music by individuals, from the method of making music by themselves, to the method of making by a team called Co-Writing, is right at the time of game change.

In that context, as I turn 56 years old this year, I feel that 10 to 15 years are the limit to be able to participate creatively, so in order not to miss that time, I leave the job of CEO and make music. I decided to concentrate on the business of new technologies to spread it.

In the first place, I have always said that people like myself are not suitable for the president's business, but there is no change in their feelings, and a life like doing what I wanted to do and what I liked I decided to go back to.
Ultimately, I will continue to be creative in an environment that is as unconstrained as possible.

I hate half-heartedness because of my personality, so at first I gave up the representative right and thought about the path of production only, but since I am also a founder, there is also the hope of a friend that I want to be a representative director for a while, chairman I decided to remain in my job for the time being, but I will entrust all management rights to the president, Kuroiwa.

Given the current trend of strengthening compliance and governance, it is very difficult to create new innovations, especially in listed companies, but as was the case when Avex was founded, the common sense of the industry is our insane sense. In order to further evolve the motto, we will establish a new subsidiary in the future and aim to create Avex when it was healthy.
I would like to concentrate more on the development of works and technologies than ever before and spend the rest of my life as my life work.

After this, I worked as a creator for 10 years, I grew up, and if Avex still needs it, I will accept anything as a CEO at that time, but it is only now to be creative in terms of age. It's my conclusion.

If you keep it as it is, you'll have a good life, but I don't want it at all.
In the first place, my life was full of ups and downs, and even now it was such a dream that I couldn't think of it as a dream.
However, I am proud that such a person made this Avex, created a lot of hit artists, and left a work in the hearts of people and memorable.
From now on, I would like to create works and services that have always been close to users, by delivering the impressing impressions that no one has ever experienced that Avex might have forgotten recently. .. To put it simply, it would be understandable if I could return to myself when I was in the drama "M Ai Subeki Hito ga Ite" that is currently being broadcast.
Although I am still immature as a human, I also cherish what I should regret, but I also value my own spirit of "work is play and play is work". I would like to leave this Avex gene that I was able to do for the next generation and work hard to train the next generation.

May 15, 2020
Masato Matsuura"

Source: Instagram

Last edited by Taishaku; 15th May 2020 at 08:02 AM.