"Who are the female artists that you wouldn't want to use in a CM?" - Ayu in 10th - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 20th June 2008, 04:28 AM
I am... Initiate

wow interesting..haha
Old 20th June 2008, 05:58 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Ouch. O___O

JUST ONE GLIMPSE CAN CHANGE LIFE.

Old 20th June 2008, 07:12 AM
WE WISH Initiate

This is SO LAME!

Even though she had the petite size and disabled left ear, it does't mean she wasn't able to carry the responsibility as an endorser.
Just look at the latest Lumix CM, she did so fine even she has a disabled left ear.

BTW, I don't want to think that Ayu cannot do the D-SNAP and D-AUDIO CMs anymore.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 20th June 2008, 07:32 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuHamasaki01 View Post
LOL, what a stupid reason to not put Ayu in a CM

Serious, get over it Japan.
That's what we think outside of Japan, but my boyfriend who is from Japan even said that it was a pretty bad offense by Japanese culture standards. It wasn't so much the thing that she said, but the way that she said them which was considered very crude.

I'm glad that Ayu is at least not in the top 5!
Old 20th June 2008, 08:01 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
the reasonings are stupid cultural bs.

They need to get over themselves.
It may be cultural BS or whatever, but if it is something cultural, the reasonings aren't stupid at all. A local company has to respect their local culture if they want to get people's empathy over their products. I still don't understand why people are mistaking business with american morality, ignoring that Japan is not US, that business is not charity or a social equality campaign, and that business does require that their targeted market has to be well studied before making investments and promotions on it. I don't even study market or business but I know the relevance of those, because it's so obvious that you don't need to be majoring on those to have such a basic knowledge. If Japn's population and culture still has skepticism over divorce and other taboos, a company can't just ignore that fact when they're going to promote their products, just because in United States of America people wouldn't care. They may even make use of controversial themes in a commercial, but only if the general idea where it will be placed is indeed very good and has a higher chance of appealing to the public than causing repugnance, or unless their targeted market is actually those few people who are tolerant over the controversy, because if not, they won't put their company at the risk of losing a lot of money only because they ignored such a trivial thing. Business is cruel like that.

Look at what the media try to force on us everyday: That being beautiful is not accepting yourself, but actually using a lot of cosmetics products and using the most expensive clothes to try to achieve the impossible beauty patterns. That looking like a model is what everyone should try to. That you can only be happy if you have all the latest techonology devices, some of them in which you won't even use 20% of their capacities/utilities. Every day we're bopmbard with all kinds of BS culture that the media tries to build in everybody's mind. This is how some things get to sell so much. This is probably why CROCS are so popular, when they are so fugly and obnoxious. This is the power of business, and someone who knows how to do it, can only succesful and rich. Someone who understands of business and its applications won't care about compassion and equality if they have better means to get their way accross $$$.

I'll just quote what Bazaa said, because it makes so much sense:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazaa View Post

It's harsh, but c'est la vie.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 20th June 2008, 11:35 AM
Interlude Initiate

cruel comments.
but then again all these surveys are quite useless XD
Old 20th June 2008, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
*IB preaches about the survey but people who are too blind to realize that he is speaking the truth*
How many times does someone have to explain this to u guys?!

*waits for someone to complain about ayu being on the list and ignore everything he just said*
Old 20th June 2008, 08:35 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

=(...how horrible...

Koda Kumi, because of her unfortunate "rotting amniotic fluid" comment....<--LOL

wow people need to get over that...really

IF ANYONE, ANYONE!!! HAS THE POSTER FOR CAROLS...I WANT IT. K!? ;_____;

Old 20th June 2008, 09:02 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Who really gives a **** what these greedy corporations think? All that matters is what 'we' her fans think of Ayu!
Old 20th June 2008, 09:31 PM
Voyage Initiate

Wada Akiko = Hisamoto Masami, y/n? :|

Anyway, I thought "artist" meant singer, so I predicted Koda Kumi would come first, but she didn't. So. Yeah.
The reason that the companies noted Ayumi was kind of true [from a marketing viewpoint], but when you'd look at it as if a human being with a heart, you'd totally look past her medical condition.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:23 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halla View Post
I don't think the survey is "mean". it's just honest. their answer does not mean they don't want Ayu because she's deaf, the reason why they don't want her is because they are worried that she'll distract people from the actual product with people worrying about her condition.

it's not a big deal, most companies won't be able to afford Ayu anyways. and only top level brands use Ayu so they don't have to worry about overshadowing their product.

I wonder tho, will Ayu ever endorse panasonic audio products now that she has the ear problem? she used to do those MD & stereo commercials for panasonic too, all she now does are for lumix.
I agree with this.

And regarding Koda, I'm sure she would've been up there no matter what, she doesen't photo very well and she cannot change that.

Of course anything that gets to the public eye will make a spokes person more or less valuable for a company. A spokes person is a commodity, not a person with feelings in this context, just like a foot ball player.

In sales everything counts. Certain products women sell better to men and vice versa or the other way around. It may sound sexist in some context and it may change over time as culture changes. Why doesen't a braid afro-beauty slon on the corner here use caucasian women in their ads? because they want to attract an african audience and putting out somehing else would hurt sales.

Last edited by *Petit*; 20th June 2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 21st June 2008, 04:04 AM
End roll Initiate

Since we're talking about some cultural differences, here are two cases.

-Kobe Bryant, arguably one of the best NBA basketball players now, cheated on his wife and yet he still makes commercials for Nike. And I don't think anyone even thinks about that any more.

-Hikari Utada, arguable one of the best j-pop singers, does not make any commercials anymore other than for her record label (correct me if I'm wrong) because she, like this poll's first pick choice Kanda Uno, would make one think of divorce.

I chose these two for their similarities; they are very popular and likable in their respective countries and they are good role models for the most part. So one conclusion is that Japan is more sensitive on marital issues than America. Since I'm not too keen on Japanese culture, I have to ask you guys, does this conclusion make sense?
Old 21st June 2008, 05:13 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelLegend View Post
Since we're talking about some cultural differences, here are two cases.

-Kobe Bryant, arguably one of the best NBA basketball players now, cheated on his wife and yet he still makes commercials for Nike. And I don't think anyone even thinks about that any more.

-Hikari Utada, arguable one of the best j-pop singers, does not make any commercials anymore other than for her record label (correct me if I'm wrong) because she, like this poll's first pick choice Kanda Uno, would make one think of divorce.

I chose these two for their similarities; they are very popular and likable in their respective countries and they are good role models for the most part. So one conclusion is that Japan is more sensitive on marital issues than America. Since I'm not too keen on Japanese culture, I have to ask you guys, does this conclusion make sense?
I can't answer with accuracy here because I personally don't know much about japanese culture to be honest, but look at what happened to Ami Suzuki. She was blacklisted in the record industry just because she sued some guy that clearly took advantage over her, but since she had a contract with him, there was this thing in jpan's record industry that it's very rude to sue those you work for (of course the history might be a little different as I personally don't know much about it, but it seems like the reason for her blacklisting was really BS). Also, those HP! scandals with some artists smoking and being suspended or even fired, etc. I doubt this would happen to some fairly famous american artist. I think there's a lot of things about cheating and other issues that involve trust and honor that can really be sensitive to japanese people. I could be very wrong though.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 21st June 2008, 07:25 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

O__o

sorry for my english......

Old 21st June 2008, 07:28 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

i'm just glad ayu's not at the top...
Old 21st June 2008, 10:20 AM
ayu trance Initiate

that sucks...
Old 21st June 2008, 11:09 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

I'm glad ayu wasn't in the top 5 ^_^

I hear a voice saying "don't give up"
I remember the words
"Your happiness is my happiness"
Old 21st June 2008, 11:45 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

you people are so naive. If you're going to throw millions of dollars on an ad obviously you want the best possible choice and of course it's gonna get picky. They are not lame reasons.
Old 21st June 2008, 11:50 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Lol what does acting in short 30 second commercials have to do with being deaf in one ear? I don't see why those two relate at all, but whatever.
Old 22nd June 2008, 12:21 AM
Dolls Initiate

unless she advertise something that's related to hearing like d-snap or cellphone then yea it can relate to deaf in one ear.