[Unconfirmed] New spring 2015 song/single! - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 31st January 2015, 04:03 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
People talk about Colours being so different and such, but I find it pretty ayu-sounding. Feel the love is typical JPop stuff with a bit of EDM, and so is Merry-go-round. Then Pray and Hello new me, and also NOW & 4EVA, all typical JPop. Lelio and XOXO may have been produced by famous Western people, but they sound like they could have come out from (m)u. Angel do sounds new, and Terminal as well. So it's not thaaaat different or new for ayu, it just wasn't a bunch of pseudo-orchestrated midtempos and ballads. I'm not saying it's a bad album, on the contrary, but I don't see it as a OMG thing...
well Leilo isn't bad, but i can't stand amount of english she used on Colours lyrics. You can say "But Ladieeees Night.... But STEP you..." yeah, well, (m)u didn't have short tracklist and english verses just drown in other songs.

+ the "typical" ayu sounded songs (hello new me and pray) are just a snoozefest...

Last edited by pepper; 31st January 2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 31st January 2015, 04:04 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
^what else could it be then? an other Colours? GOD NO.lol On the other hand none is ever able to satisfy everyone, so it's fine i guess. I met Colours, and got over it. Hoping it never happens again. But if it happens, i'll do what i did when it came out. whine for a while then get over it and pretend she never released something this bad. lol
Stuff like Zutto.. single is her power horse. And that's the stuff she's known for. Majority of her discography has the tone this single had in terms of how it sounds and the melodies. So it's just logical that she's gonna go with it again.
not gonna raise anything, but i really love the single so if the album is this good, or even better, BRING IT ON, WOMAN~!
I don't understand the hate about Colours. I love that album and it's another twist on Ayu's discography. I know you don't like that style (you say it in every post you write) but calling it bad is disrespectful and a little ignorant 'cause you are ignoring half of her discography. Don't forget that Ayu is know internationally (especially in Europe) for her trance remixes.

Considering that Ayu is one of the most versatile artists in Japan, the new album could be anything. Singles like Zutto... are not only her power horse. We are talking about a person who can throw gems as different as Microphone, Sparkle or HEAVEN. She can do almost every style she want and nail it. That's why I love Ayu so much. I never expect any type of sound from her 'cause she always surprise me. If Ayu only make one type of music style, I probably get bored. It's not what I look into her.
Old 31st January 2015, 05:19 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabieru View Post
I don't understand the hate about Colours. I love that album and it's another twist on Ayu's discography. I know you don't like that style (you say it in every post you write) but calling it bad is disrespectful and a little ignorant 'cause you are ignoring half of her discography. Don't forget that Ayu is know internationally (especially in Europe) for her trance remixes.

Considering that Ayu is one of the most versatile artists in Japan, the new album could be anything. Singles like Zutto... are not only her power horse. We are talking about a person who can throw gems as different as Microphone, Sparkle or HEAVEN. She can do almost every style she want and nail it. That's why I love Ayu so much. I never expect any type of sound from her 'cause she always surprise me. If Ayu only make one type of music style, I probably get bored. It's not what I look into her.
EXACTLY!! i love Colours to death and it's easily my favourite album ever! i'd kill for Colours II. i don't get why everyone seems to dislike it so much and being like 'it's not ayu'. ehh, Party Queen was not typical ayu either but everyone seems to love it. it's her worst album imo

thank god we all have our own tastes mine seems to be very different from others but i'm really happy she can deliver something for everyone
Old 31st January 2015, 11:51 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ABEST View Post
EXACTLY!! i love Colours to death and it's easily my favourite album ever! i'd kill for Colours II. i don't get why everyone seems to dislike it so much and being like 'it's not ayu'. ehh, Party Queen was not typical ayu either but everyone seems to love it. it's her worst album imo

i think the first impression is the most important thing. For example Zutto ............
It was Winter, everyone is listening to ballads more than ever on this period of time. So everyone is (almost) sattisfied. this single was on fire as well as the countdown. Everyone said wow ayu sound sooo great and yeah i felt the same way listenign to the countdown the first time. it was still this first impression. bur honestly id love to have her microphone do alittle bit autotune like in premium showcase than to hear zutto... (CDL) live .... i think its horrible now!

And with colours, it was something unexpected, we had songtitles like XOXO or Now&4EVA which doesnt fit with her discographie. we had no clue what to be expected of. So everyone was sceptip, I THINK.

by the way, party queen is so great... i really dont know why everone is against it hah, honestly so gooood!
Old 1st February 2015, 08:32 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

I have my special dance on Lelio Le-Lelio DJ and like the rest of the album with a few exceptions. It sounded like some relievement: finally something that did not bring in any (ex)-husband, nice collaborations with Western artists and, allthough this is irrelevant, a very great photoshoot booklet. It is exactly like some of us wanted. She did great. I wished the PVs were a little better, but thoses were the only cons of the album release imo.

I do not really care what she does. From here latest albums there were always some which I loved from first listen or had to grow on me. I do not think I can give you an album from her discography which I can listen without skipping tracks. She show us she is capable of delivering great things and lots of diversity so I do not mind if she follows the same directions of another EDM, ballad or rock album. Who am I again, i can only love it or hate it?
Old 1st February 2015, 12:35 PM
P.S II Initiate

i hope they will bring back the interludes to the new album. the task-series.
Old 1st February 2015, 01:33 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadashun View Post
i hope they will bring back the interludes to the new album. the task-series.
Oh yeah ... the Task-[plagiarism]-interludes hahaha
Although I really love them ♥

Old 1st February 2015, 01:39 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

The only interludes I care about were the NEXT LEVEL ones and those from LOVE again, even if they didn't fit the album

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 1st February 2015, 05:10 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I love interludes and openings!

Old 1st February 2015, 05:49 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Ohhh I really hope for a 16-track album with an intro, 2-3 interludes, and a hidden track! LOL wishful thinking but that's what I want.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 1st February 2015, 05:58 PM
Prologue Initiate

She should put the hidden track as a physical release only. Maybe that would help boost the sales.
Old 1st February 2015, 06:05 PM

I just hope she promotes the shit out of the next album and it sells a decent amount!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 1st February 2015, 06:18 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I think ayu needs to release her English album before anything. Forget zutto ever happened and keep it locked away a la 'toi et moi', unleash the English album, and then go back to business as usual.
Old 1st February 2015, 06:24 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
I think ayu needs to release her English album before anything. Forget zutto ever happened and keep it locked away a la 'toi et moi', unleash the English album, and then go back to business as usual.

The last thing on Earth that I need is an entirely English album from Ayu. No, no, and no.
Old 1st February 2015, 06:51 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ABEST View Post

thank god we all have our own tastes mine seems to be very different from others but i'm really happy she can deliver something for everyone
I strongly disliked it when it first came out because it felt so...foreign to me...But when I listened to it straight through, I was consumed. I ended up listening to it straight through over and over again, something I've only done with one other album of hers and that's NEXT LEVEL.

It also amazes me how people say that "Pray" and "Hello New Me" are both the most Ayu-ish songs and yet are totally boring...I LOVE those songs to pieces. I thought Pray was like the lamest song of hers but now I think it's a work of art. And Hello new Me has such moving lyrics and I love the melody.

But...Everyone has different tastes, so I guess that's just how it goes. XD
Old 1st February 2015, 07:00 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabieru View Post
are you getting butthurt over an opinion? because if i did that....i'd pretty much get butthurt over almost every release people talk about on here, cuz there's always someone who won't like it. lol Half of the forum say PQ was horrible, that makes a lot of people disrespectful over here then in my eyes i guess? Cuz i love that album.. lol And i dunno where you got the "ignoring half of her discography" from cuz i know very well what she has. I'm looking at her most famous songs, from original albums, that actually got her famous in Japan. Her biggest hits weren't songs from remix albums.
As for known internationally.... um i wouldn't call it international, cuz people who know her are just a part of a circle really. She's more known around Asia. Her remixes are only known by specific group of people in the western world, it isn't really that big of a deal that you are trying to make out of it.

and yeah the least thing i need from Ayu is an English album.. i agree on this with chocopockymaster lol

Last edited by BlackSilence; 1st February 2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old 1st February 2015, 09:27 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post

The last thing on Earth that I need is an entirely English album from Ayu. No, no, and no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post

and yeah the least thing i need from Ayu is an English album.. i agree on this with chocopockymaster lol
That makes 3 of us.
Old 1st February 2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 1st February 2015, 10:09 PM
SEASONS Initiate

^I love you
Old 1st February 2015, 11:17 PM
Depend on you Initiate

if ayu releases an English album, her career is over for life........

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ