[KAT-TUN] PIERROT -KAT-TUN Thread #16- ♪ - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th June 2010, 08:10 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^Sweeeet. I'm happy for you. You must have had a killer time! ^__^

Btw, are there no bigger pictures of the N.M.P.'s covers like anywhere?

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 20th June 2010, 08:19 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll moments ll View Post
just came back like an hour & a half ago. i'm still typing out everything and i need to see a setlist because i forgot the order already...haha. but i think it's the same setlist for his Japanese shows!

some quick bits to tide over before i post my report:
- it was definitely more of a music & dance show, than a concert. there were some theatrical elements, but mixed in with dance elements, of course.
- JIN LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE HE DOES IN PICTURES, HOLY SHHHHH-
- Jin still needs to work on his English, LOLOLOL.
- show lasted from like 6:15pm to 9:00pm. only 1 intermission.

i just...can't believe i saw him. i'm really tired though. Los Angeles is an awesome city, especially Downtown LA where i saw him, BUT IT IS A BEAST.
Can't wait for your detailed report!
Old 20th June 2010, 10:07 AM
fairyland Initiate

here it is!

『友&仁』 ロサンゼルスのコンサート 2010年06月19日
『You&Jin』 Los Angeles Concert June 19th, 2010

Spoiler:
okay where to begin. lol.

the venue itself, CLUB NOKIA, is located in the heart of Los Angeles city. it is a really beautiful area! not only are there concert venues, but it's also where my WORLD CHAMPION LOS ANGELES LAKERS play (sorry, i'm a huge Lakers fan!) so, there are three concert venues, and the CLUB NOKIA is the smallest and the most intimate one. i kinda had a hard time locating it because it was on the 3rd floor of the building. the whole area is new and renovated, so the venue was just really nice. i was impressed that the show was booked there. (Johnny, you did good!)

i was also impressed with the amount of Japanese people there. most of them came from Japan to Los Angeles! lots of Japanese housewives too. LOL. there were only a few guys. it was 86.7% girls. XD

the show started @ 6:15 or around that time. it was 2 MCs first, Boogie & Juice, or whatever their names were...they tried to pump up the audience and there were some mini, very short opening numbers.

i'm not sure if most people know who Joey Tee is...you have to be an old JE fan like me to remember him. he was a Johnny's Jr. back in the day. well, he did some dance moves for us. he's grown up! he's like 16 now. he does all these modern, isolation, body bending dance moves. it was pretty impressive, imo. i guess like Jin, he's into hip-hop.

the next opening number was a dance team. they were named the "Strikers All-Stars". i'm not sure if any of you guys watch ABDC (America's Best Dance Crew), but they were performing for Jin. i was so impressed & shocked! they did this routine for us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OymoBI491LE (but extended!)

the next dude was like some guy named DOMINIC. he wrote some songs with Jin, so he sang 2 songs for us. ehh, he was OK, i guess. lol.

the pre-show also showed 2 video clips with Jin in them. the first one was him outside the venue being cute. he was walking around the area and pointed to restaurants & stuff. (one of them was "Katsuya", a famous Japanese restaurant in the area, lol) the second clip was the dance auditions and some solo dance lessons. "WE'RE LOOKING FOR 6 DANCERS" lol.

HERE WE GO, IT'S JIN TIME!
okay, i like stole the list from kattunlove, ahahaha.

Christmas Morning: Jin was wearing a white jacket, his hair was tied up, and he had on his big aviator sunglasses. it was all very robotic-like at first. Jin was in the middle with the dancers in gold sequined outfits. he was playing numerous instruments: drums, synths, & a guitar. it was completely in autotune and his voice was SO HIGH. throughout the whole song. it was like a bittersweet love song, from what i read on the screens. they showed the lyrics. but it was interesting, to say at least.

Bass Go Boom: i think this one is a new song specifically for the Los Angeles shows. from what i remember it was a hip-hop song. LOL. memory fail.

WONDER (feat. Crystal Kay): i screamed! i wasn't expecting to hear this! in the background, they showed the PV on the screens. if you saw the Break the Records DVD, they TOTALLY blocked out the PV that was playing in the background. however, if you saw the fancams, you could see it. so, i was glad to see it on the screens in the venue. CK & Jin were dancing together, haha.

I.N.P.: INTER. NATIONAL. PARTY. can you guess this was a dance song? it had this really funny hand-motion to go with it they showed in the screens. but it was a fun song. everyone was dancing & grooving!

Adjust the Love: this one was a bit more serious lyrically. it had some trademark high notes, but not as intense as Christmas Morning. i think the screens had a "peace" or "world" theme to them.

A PAGE: YOU & I~ YOU & I~ everyone was screaming when he started singing this song.

LOVEJUICE: OKAY. EVERYONE WAS SCREAMING AND JUMPING WHEN WE HEARD THE BASS IN THE BEGINNING. he did the dance routine similar to the QOP tour. he was wearing a black fedora, black dress shirt with a white tie, and jeans for this one.

*dance segment*

Paparats: this is the song that completely floored me. it was SO AWESOME. it wasn't hip-hop or dance, it was a pure rock song. and it was one of few that didn't have autotune, lol. it was just a powerful performance and even though the lyrics look plain as hell on paper, you can definitely tell Jin does not like how the media treats him at home.

Hey girl: omg, this song was just one big LOL. the lyrics were just playful (...such a total playboy song!), it was campy, & wow, Nishikido Ryo wrote the music to this. HAHAHA. those two.

before the intermission, he went to the bar downstairs and got some drinks for himself & his dancers. they filmed him drinking & stuff!

-intermission- (aka my bathroom break, LOL)

*dance segment*: OK. i'm actually going to comment on this dance segment, because after the intermission, the show was a dance-off for a really, really long section of the show. it wasn't boring though. tons & tons of different dance moves. pop dance, locking, tricks, and a lot of his dancers had solos during this section. there was also this screen dance, where Jin & another dancer were wearing these white suits and these lights were like making images on these suits. it was really awesome.

if you don't know me, i make fun of Jin being an "American Wannabe" BUT. he actually included a Japanese inspired routine here. all the dancers had kimonos at one point and there were some panels with traditional Japanese clothing that were brung out. he also had a mask on for one part of it. it looked like the mask Kame wore in his 1582 performance during Break the Records Tour. he also did this red cloth section with a lot of illusions too. i really liked this section of the show. i haven't seen this type of performance before! it was really interesting.

oh yeah! there was another dancer from America's Best Dance Crew working for Jin too. she was from Beat Freaks (an all-female crew). BGirl Shorty! (the one with the red hair!)

Yellow Gold: I LOVED THE MUSIC to this song. it was soooo hot! it's a dance/hip-hop song, but it was very, very distinctive from his other ones. i think the lyrics are pretty eh, but goooood lord, HOOOOT.

My MP3: this was a really, fun dance song. the screen in the back was pretty awesome for this segment too. lots & lots of colors and dancing.

Tipsy Love: i bet 2 cents he wrote this when he was drunk or something. LOL. there was a short break before this song, so they could bring out the big inflatable globe prop. this song had an island/reggae vibe to it, but it was just a fun, cheesy little number. i was waving my hands everywhere, lol.

after the song, he named all the dancers and hugged every single one of them. lol. he was screaming their names and was just...cute! haha. he thanked us all and told us he loves us.

there was no encore, sadly. but all in all, it was a fun show. it's usually something i wouldn't normally see! i was very impressed with all the dance segments. JIN CAN MOVE. wow. he is exactly how he looks like in pictures. like i was sure all the photoshop or whatever would hide all his flaws, but he looks...like Jin! ahaha. i wanted him to speak more English, but you could tell he was a bit nervous. but after some drinks & stuff, he became calm and a party animal! lol. i still think he needs to work on pronunciation. there's still that Japanese accent when he speaks.

it was a good almost 3 hour show. the venue for the most part was full and it seemed like everyone was having a good time! it was my first time going to a rather "Japanese" concert. so it was full of clapping and waving. i usually jump and scream (like i did for Lady Gaga) and sing loudly. but it was a smaller venue, so i guess it's understandable.

all these Japanese ladies dress so girly & cute. i was like in another dimension in the stand-by. i couldn't get good pictures, unfortunately because security kept hounding us for cameras and my phone's camera SUCKS SO BAD. D:

so yeah, that was my day. gonna SLEEEEEP. lol.

ごめんNOT TAKING GFX REQUESTS.
{ T W I T T E R T U M B L R }
l l M O M E N T S l l × G O T

Last edited by ll moments ll; 20th June 2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: fixes, lol.
Old 20th June 2010, 06:40 PM
SAKURA Initiate

wow, that seriously sounds like one hell of a show! i've never heard of the songs he sang, though (besides for A Page, WONDER, and LOVEJUICE) i don't keep up with jin's solo music, lol. but after reading your review, irene, everything sounded really fun! i'm glad you were able to experience that concert!

btw, i also recognize those dance crews from ABDC, haha. i'm surprised they were also there! very cool glad you had fun!

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 20th June 2010, 07:25 PM
independent Initiate

OMG the concert sounds like soo much fun
Super stupid question but I don't know anything about Jin's music:
Is there a studio version of the songs from the concert apart from LOVEJUICE?
Old 20th June 2010, 09:34 PM
UNITE! Initiate

^I'm not an expert when it comes to Jin's music, but A Page was a track on Love yourself/D-Motion (KAT-TUN single) and I think Wonder feat. CK was released somewhere, too. Don't know for sure, though.

Thanks ll moments ll for the concert report, it was an interesting read. What I find pretty interesting is that most reports I read so far are not exactly overly enthusiastic about the whole show. Most people don't seem to think they had the time of their lives there. They think it was good, but not OMG/wow worthy. Mmmh, there are also rumors that Jin will tour the U.S.. I wonder if that's true. And if it makes sense if the audience was mainly japanese. Another thing to consider, should he really aim for a career there.
Old 20th June 2010, 11:36 PM
SAKURA Initiate

oh wow! i just read that jin's next stops on his tour are New York, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, Anaheim, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas.

i didn't think he was coming here too! sorry if this piece of news was already posted before! just found it now he's getting around, alright, lol.

Old 21st June 2010, 02:51 AM
fairyland Initiate

DAMN IT. he's going to perform in ANAHEIM. do you know how close i live to ANAHEIM?! honestly, a good 25 minutes. what. the. hell. it took me an hour and a half to reach Los Angeles.

@Mai82Go: i read a couple fan reports myself & i think the criticism is justified. this was a show that i haven't seen before. for example, it was the first time i had an intermission. (but i needed it because i drank a whole water bottle before the show. D: LOL!) there wasn't an MC section or much fan interaction other than the part where he went to the General Admissions bar and got drinks with his dancers and at the end of the concert where everything ended.

and i must admit that the whole drinking/partying/checking out girls or boys/hip-hop thing isn't my "style" at all. and he needs to work more on English (some lyrics were weak or like...lame, i must say). and i think a lot more people would have been satisfied if he sang some Japanese or more recognizable solos since not a lot of people have heard these songs before. and the concert itself was a "Americanized" Japanese show. i don't think it would translate well to an American audience if you don't know who Jin Akanishi was.

however, i enjoyed myself. it wasn't the best concert i've ever been to (i think that would be Lady Gaga, lol), but i treated it as a once in a lifetime opportunity, really. i mean, i had to jump at this...i might never see a KAT-TUN member in my life, so i really wanted to at least have fun and enjoy what Jin had to offer. i was more impressed by the dancing than the actual songs themselves, i would say. Jin is a great dancer. the dance section of the show after the intermission is easily the best part of my experience with You & Jin.

the thing i have with Jin's music. the music was incredible (Yellow Gold needs to be released!!!!), but the lyrics were the weak point, i would think (...yeah, Yellow Gold needs some Japanese lyrics, lol). he just does not have the fluency of English to really create a good lyrical number, in my opinion. the lyrics themselves were simple. or about what he does best: partying. i really think he needs to balance the English/Japanese lyrics. my favorite Jin solo is "Murasaki". heh.

so yeah, i wouldn't say it was the best, but i really did have fun. it was just a dream of mine to see a Johnny's member in concert. of course, i'd prefer a KAT-TUN concert 100%, but i took what's given to me. Jin has always been a polarizing Johnny, but i've always respected the fact he does something different than the norm, so i can understand if people didn't have an OMG! time.

wow, that was long, sorry. XD

Old 21st June 2010, 12:08 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll moments ll View Post
DAMN IT. he's going to perform in ANAHEIM. do you know how close i live to ANAHEIM?! honestly, a good 25 minutes. what. the. hell. it took me an hour and a half to reach Los Angeles.

@Mai82Go: i read a couple fan reports myself & i think the criticism is justified. this was a show that i haven't seen before. for example, it was the first time i had an intermission. (but i needed it because i drank a whole water bottle before the show. D: LOL!) there wasn't an MC section or much fan interaction other than the part where he went to the General Admissions bar and got drinks with his dancers and at the end of the concert where everything ended.

and i must admit that the whole drinking/partying/checking out girls or boys/hip-hop thing isn't my "style" at all. and he needs to work more on English (some lyrics were weak or like...lame, i must say). and i think a lot more people would have been satisfied if he sang some Japanese or more recognizable solos since not a lot of people have heard these songs before. and the concert itself was a "Americanized" Japanese show. i don't think it would translate well to an American audience if you don't know who Jin Akanishi was.

however, i enjoyed myself. it wasn't the best concert i've ever been to (i think that would be Lady Gaga, lol), but i treated it as a once in a lifetime opportunity, really. i mean, i had to jump at this...i might never see a KAT-TUN member in my life, so i really wanted to at least have fun and enjoy what Jin had to offer. i was more impressed by the dancing than the actual songs themselves, i would say. Jin is a great dancer. the dance section of the show after the intermission is easily the best part of my experience with You & Jin.

the thing i have with Jin's music. the music was incredible (Yellow Gold needs to be released!!!!), but the lyrics were the weak point, i would think (...yeah, Yellow Gold needs some Japanese lyrics, lol). he just does not have the fluency of English to really create a good lyrical number, in my opinion. the lyrics themselves were simple. or about what he does best: partying. i really think he needs to balance the English/Japanese lyrics. my favorite Jin solo is "Murasaki". heh.

so yeah, i wouldn't say it was the best, but i really did have fun. it was just a dream of mine to see a Johnny's member in concert. of course, i'd prefer a KAT-TUN concert 100%, but i took what's given to me. Jin has always been a polarizing Johnny, but i've always respected the fact he does something different than the norm, so i can understand if people didn't have an OMG! time.

wow, that was long, sorry. XD
Don't feel sorry. The stuff you wrote there seems to be exactly what others are thinking, too. The whole Jin drama doesn't really affect me that much anymore, since I decided I don't care. It is not that hard to predict that he will not have a big career in the West/US. I'm not even sure if that is what he wants. But people in the west, like us, probably are not interested in japanese artists because they are clones of the ones we have here. What sets them apart is that they are different. And I think Lyrics are important, having japanese songs is important. Otherwise it'll all become pretty shallow soon, if you say that his themes are generally party and drinking, I doubt that this will keep people interested for a longer time. For me personally even though english isn't my first language I understand it pretty well and if the lyrics are stupid....sometimes I also feel embarassed by Koki's english lyrics. Usually I pretend it's not english but some imaginary language he invented. And I think japanese is a beautiful language with a nice sound, so I really like hearing it. I cannot understand why he doesn't use that language more.

On the other hand I also enjoy grand stages, special effects. I hate that cold thing Jin has going. Even if that's him, I don't care for it at all. I doubt a Jin Akanishi concert would satisfy me. I would definitely prefer a KAT-TUN concert, too.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:58 AM
fairyland Initiate

^ i think if Jin wants to pursue a career out here, oh boy, i will be his biggest critic. i think going to "You & Jin" made me realize how really different the Japanese & American music scenes are in real life. i think its fine the way he's doing it as a Japanese person coming here to perform in front of fans, but if he wants to legit break into the US market, i'm pretty positive he won't make it. i too, would want Jin to use Japanese more. i mean, i give him a whole lot of credit for using English, but he communicates a point so much better in Japanese.

i'm totally for East Asian presence in the US market, but they would have to realize the theatrics and the show-off idol thing will just not work here. you can have a style, but it has to be something original or innovative AND it will have to connect with a large base. (which is also why i don't think K-Pop artists will ever make it big here!)

& LOL. yeah, there are time where i'm just like, "KOKI SING/RAP IN JAPANESE, PLEASE!!" but since he's targeting the Japanese base & they really don't understand English well....so, i let it slide a bit.

Old 22nd June 2010, 07:43 PM
SAKURA Initiate

first week sales!

Quote:
1 154096 KAT-TUN NO MORE PAIN

Old 22nd June 2010, 09:42 PM
BEST Initiate

Hmm ... they might have issues reaching 200k because of their quickly dropping sales. Still, the sales are okay. This does mean they're now one of Johnny's worst selling album groups.

At least their singles still kick-ass! Plus their music is awesome of course XD Sales aren't everything, I just love talking about it.
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:05 PM
fairyland Initiate

i think upcoming weeks will determine if the album will stay in the long run. i think the BIG WORLD TOUR hasn't started yet, so hopefully it will have some staying power. but i don't think the sales are bad. it might be in comparison to their other albums, but yeah, most JE groups albums don't sell much. ^^;;

Old 22nd June 2010, 11:25 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nackar_91 View Post
Hmm ... they might have issues reaching 200k because of their quickly dropping sales. Still, the sales are okay. This does mean they're now one of Johnny's worst selling album groups.

At least their singles still kick-ass! Plus their music is awesome of course XD Sales aren't everything, I just love talking about it.
I'm not sure about album sales, but I doubt that they are on the bad selling spectrum when you look at Johnnys sales. Album sales are never that good for them, the album lacks Akanishi (Who brings probably half of their fan-base) and of course sales in general have taken an all new low point this year. They will never reach Arashis sales that's true, but for all other Johnny's bands they are not that bad.

Kinki Kids sold 170.000 of their J-Album last year.
V6 sold 80.000 with their Ready? album this year.
How much will HSJ sell next month? I doubt they will sell much better than KAT-TUN and if they will it'll be because it is their debut album.
NEWS and Arashi released their last original album 2 years ago as did SMAP so these sales cannot be compared. (And Arashi are another level altogether anyway)
Kanjani8's last album was also released last year when sales were better.

I don't think they are doing bad. I'm actually happy that KAT-TUN release so many albums compared to other Johnnys. More KAT-TUN music for us (and I prefer KAT-TUN music over any other Johnnys group)
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:12 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai82Go View Post
I'm not sure about album sales, but I doubt that they are on the bad selling spectrum when you look at Johnnys sales. Album sales are never that good for them, the album lacks Akanishi (Who brings probably half of their fan-base) and of course sales in general have taken an all new low point this year. They will never reach Arashis sales that's true, but for all other Johnny's bands they are not that bad.

Kinki Kids sold 170.000 of their J-Album last year.
V6 sold 80.000 with their Ready? album this year.
How much will HSJ sell next month? I doubt they will sell much better than KAT-TUN and if they will it'll be because it is their debut album.
NEWS and Arashi released their last original album 2 years ago as did SMAP so these sales cannot be compared. (And Arashi are another level altogether anyway)
Kanjani8's last album was also released last year when sales were better.

I don't think they are doing bad. I'm actually happy that KAT-TUN release so many albums compared to other Johnnys. More KAT-TUN music for us (and I prefer KAT-TUN music over any other Johnnys group)
I guess you're right. Though you can be certain Arashi will sell more, considering the fact that they're simple at a whole different level. By the way, J Album sold 170k in its first week, it reached 210 in total ^^.

I guess my point was that their sales seem to be dropping the fastest of all their acts. Kinki Kids have had slowly diminishing sales over the past few years, same for SMAP, same for V6, same for tokio. I guess I was just kinda shocked by how much of a phenomenon they were back in 2005/2006 and that right now they're "just" very succesful.

Sorry if that sounded stupid XD. Go KAT-TUN!
Old 23rd June 2010, 03:28 AM
SURREAL Initiate

awesome sounds like you had a great time moments

finally got around to hearing the album and RIGHT NOW is so catchy, easily my favorite new song. overall it's probably my least favorite album though not feeling a lot of the new songs.
Old 24th June 2010, 07:41 AM
fairyland Initiate

^ yeahhh, RIGHT NOW is on constant repeat. lol.

ORICON HALF YEAR REPORT:
_SINGLE:
*4 *,439,736 ***,*** Love yourself ~君が嫌いな君が好き~ / KAT-TUN 10/02/10
*7 *,278,762 **9,611 Going! / KAT-TUN 10/05/12
_ALBUM:
24 *,154,096 154,096 NO MORE PAIN / KAT-TUN 10/06/16

i did not realize Going! was that high up, lmao. Tohoshinki's BREAK OUT is at #6 with 290k ish. but Arashi has the top 2, naturally, & #3 is that AKB1000GURLS group.

Old 26th June 2010, 02:19 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Ueda will be very busy this summer. Besides KAT-TUN concerts he will have some solo shows.

Quote:
"TATSUYA UEDA with FiVe 2010"

Schedule:
Prefectural Sports Center in Hokkaido
Aug. 4(Wed) 18:00

Marine Messe in Fukuoka
Aug. 11(Wed) 18:00

Grand Arena in Hiroshima
Aug. 29(Sun) 18:00

The First Gymnasium in Yoyogi Kyougijyou (Tokyo)
Sep. 25(Sat) 18:00
Sep. 26(Sun) 16:00

World Memorial Hall in Kobe (Kansai)
Oct. 2(Sat) 18:00
Oct. 3(Sun) 16:00

Deadline to apply for ticket for FC members
Hokkaido and Fukuoka: July 5th
Hiroshima, Yoyogi and Kobe: July 12th

Note: This time there are SIX tickets can be applied for each concert
Source

Ueda seems really dedicated. Creating a whole new show. For example the Hiroshima concert is shortly after KAT-TUN are in Taiwan. Sooo..if Ueda is able to do this, why couldn't Jin? Seems just lazy to me, from his side.

Last edited by Mai82Go; 26th June 2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 27th June 2010, 02:17 AM
fairyland Initiate

^ well, i think going to Japan from Taiwan wouldn't be as hard as going from Japan from the USA. flights from Los Angeles to East Asia can take 10 to 15 hours. it takes 6 hours going coast to coast (California to New York). and if he travels from the States to East Asia, he loses days due to the time difference.

wow, Ueda's going to be ultra busy! but i'm sure he'll put on a good show. i'm glad FiVe is touring with him too. i really liked them during the QOP con.

Old 27th June 2010, 08:11 AM
UNITE! Initiate

But they've been touring since May. I think the reason is probably that they have an album without him and the whole show is concepted without him. I don't think flying to LA and back to Tokyo are the real obstacles. It was decided in the beginning that he wouldn't be there, because he doesn't want to. I'm really curious if he'll be back by the end of the year.
Closed Thread

Tags
johnny's entertainment, kat-tun