[Namie Amuro] You Know She's Always Photo-genic 2015.06.10 on sale! ♛86th thread♛ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2015, 01:20 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
^ That's a matter of opinion, you can only talk about yours.

To me both albums are/sounds pretty fun and high energy, and that's what pop music is about to me. If you want music with deep lyric, you're looking at the wrong genre.
And I can't with people saying that the lyric doesn't fit her life style, really? Does it really matter? Sure, Britney Spears go all the time to clubs.

Birthday is, indeed, a rip off of Katy Perry's Birthday, but it still as good as the "original".
If he posted, of course it's his opinion lol
And I can't with people saying we need to expect the same kind of lyrics from pop music all the time. I don't think anyone is surprised by these cheesy lyrics but there's nothing wrong about pointing this out
You can have diversity in lyrics doing pop just as any other genre, there isn't an obligation as a pop singer to sing about clubs, outfits, ego and hot guys in every freaking song Kumi for an instance has cheesy lyrics but also has songs with great lyrics as well

Last edited by Luck16; 2nd May 2015 at 01:24 AM.
Old 2nd May 2015, 02:34 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Cool

HEY GUYS JUST LISTENED TO THE PREVIEWS!

I guess they lost that Beyoncé type confidence and released every preview. I think that's gonna hurt her. She should have kept EVERYTHING a secret and here's why:

1. These lyrics. They are embarrassing and basic. "Anything" exemplifies this without question. It's like every straight forward inspirational song from the 90s or any Mary J. Blidge song from the now. This song is the equivalent of a parent telling their child they can be anything they want to be when they grow up and do everything all at the same time. LIES! And I don't believe it when Namie sings it here either. It's like Monica's "For You I Will" in REVERSE.

2. Where are the melodies? Lost in the synths? They murdered these songs with production. How come I can't find one line of melody in a song where this woman has her voice layered on top of itself 36 times? I feel like I just got thrown in the back of a van and Mortal Kombat fatalitied.

3. What a waste of a David Guetta spot. A waste! I have never heard a David Guetta song sound like that. Not the ones that make it to Radio. This won't.

4. The first half of this album sounds like the same song. This could easily end up being one of those albums where each song seemlessly transitions into the next with no break. Like ayumi's "career." Nobody wants that.

5. U Hum Sneak It

DA PHOQUE IS THAT?

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?

Last edited by CoriKaru; 2nd May 2015 at 02:40 AM.
Old 2nd May 2015, 02:44 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
I mean, what if it's the case that we won't be getting any surprises with the rest of the songs like alive?
I honestly just came to the conclusion that "Alive" was an intro that they gave us all of.

Everyone always wishes the intro was extended and I think they just said , "here you go."

Because even with it's extended length, it never did sound like a full complete song.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 2nd May 2015, 02:44 AM
As if.. Initiate

The previews are giving me the feeling that the songs are overproduced, but with a lack of soul and I'm not talking about lyrics! Something is missing there, but I'm gonna wait until the whole album, I can see some jams coming.

Last edited by Ruan Borges; 2nd May 2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 2nd May 2015, 02:50 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:

I guess they lost that Beyoncé type confidence and released every preview. I think that's gonna hurt her. She should have kept EVERYTHING a secret and here's why:

1. These lyrics. They are embarrassing and basic. "Anything" exemplifies this without question. It's like every straight forward inspirational song from the 90s or any Mary J. Blidge song from the now. This song is the equivalent of a parent telling their child they can be anything they want to be when they grow up and do everything all at the same time. LIES! And I don't believe it when Namie sings it here either. It's like Monica's "For You I Will" in REVERSE.

2. Where are the melodies? Lost in the synths? They murdered these songs with production. How come I can't find one line of melody in a song where this woman has her voice layered on top of itself 36 times? I feel like I just got thrown in the back of a van and Mortal Kombat fatalitied.

3. What a waste of a David Guetta spot. A waste! I have never heard a David Guetta song sound like that. Not the ones that make it to Radio. This won't.

4. The first half of this album sounds like the same song. This could easily end up being one of those albums where each song seemlessly transitions into the next with no break. Like ayumi's "career." Nobody wants that.

5. U Hum Sneak It

DA PHOQUE IS THAT?
Old 2nd May 2015, 03:08 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Anything is hands down one of the most embarrassing things I have ever heard. It's so trite and soulless a computer could have and probably did write it. UggGGggGHh.
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:27 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Anything lyrics is very... tumblr.

Are you guys gonna kill me if I say that Namie version of What I Did For Love sounds better than the original version?? Yes, i know that Emeli Sande vocals are much much much better than Namie's, but her lower voice fits the song so well...

Old 2nd May 2015, 04:31 AM
monochrome Initiate

Flawless Forehead, wtf is going on??
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:37 AM
starting over Initiate

Lets not forget these are just previews. I remember making a fuss about A One's previews and the album turned out to be...... Never mind.
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:38 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:

5. U Hum Sneak It

DA PHOQUE IS THAT?

Well regardless Namie will slay all Japan females and your faves (except for AKB48 of course) with 320,000-340,000 copies sold guaranteed.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 2nd May 2015 at 04:42 AM.
Old 2nd May 2015, 06:25 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
This could easily end up being one of those albums where each song seemlessly transitions into the next with no break. Like ayumi's "career." Nobody wants that.
nnnn bitch, I can't.

Old 2nd May 2015, 09:48 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

This actually is a David Guetta song that made it to the Radio lol
Old 2nd May 2015, 10:46 AM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruan Borges View Post
The previews are giving me the feeling that the songs are overproduced, but with a lack of soul and I'm not talking about lyrics! Something is missing there, but I'm gonna wait until the whole album, I can see some jams coming.
maybe
Old 2nd May 2015, 01:15 PM
Lelio Protector

I actually heard ai otsuka's album TRiCKY and I have to hand it down to her.
I'm not really into ai, her only songs I ever liked were sakuranbo and planetarium, but she really changed her style since her come back with this album and that's how NAMIE's album should have sounded. It's Japanese and the style is great (and fits namie as well).
So now I understand how people came to this thread and claimed that ai snatched namie's wig

Last edited by ayumisrael; 2nd May 2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 2nd May 2015, 01:53 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

^ One of us! One of us!
Old 2nd May 2015, 02:23 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
These lyrics. They are embarrassing and basic. "Anything" exemplifies this without question. It's like every straight forward inspirational song from the 90s or any Mary J. Blidge song from the now.
Yeah, this stood out the most to me. I know the songs are made for the Japanese market so I wasn't expecting poetry (given they're almost fully in English), but... each song was pretty much describing the same situation (apart from Space Invader) and some of the wording just had me facepalming instead of enjoying the songs. She's had songs before that were not great on the lyrics side before, but this time it was consistant through the album and the music just didn't make up for it. We'll see.
Old 2nd May 2015, 03:39 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

LOVE TRiCKY is not just a good album, is a religious experience. Its gonna be on my top 1 or 2, before or after _genic, we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I actually heard ai otsuka's album TRiCKY and I have to hand it down to her.
I'm not really into ai, her only songs I ever liked were sakuranbo and planetarium, but she really changed her style since her come back with this album and that's how NAMIE's album should have sounded. It's Japanese and the style is great (and fits namie as well).
So now I understand how people came to this thread and claimed that ai snatched namie's wig
I disagree, I dont see Namie singing those songs. For me it sounds very Ami Suzuki in her glory days/Supreme Show.

Last edited by S4MU3L; 2nd May 2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 2nd May 2015, 03:40 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

I can't believe how much I DISLIKE all the previews. I'm sick of her engrish.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:47 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I just gave them another listen and i'm more and more convinced Anything will be my favorite track along with Stranger and Photogenic! It's so perfectly 90s kids soundtrack cheesy and that is everything i needed, it's so different for her and i would never imagine her singing such a laid back ballad.

It's very reminiscent of one of my favorite songs "Brother my Brother" from the first Pokémon movie, it's like my childhood in one song.

Am i the only one having a hard time getting into Space Invader? Guess it's going to be this album's Poision for me, listenable but unmemorable.

DeviantArt | Coverlandia | Flickr | Tumblr

I’m the only one giving my all
and I suppose that’s how it must be..
i’ll push through the smoke and be buried in noise

Old 2nd May 2015, 04:52 PM
Secret Initiate

I just want another song musically and lyrically like WANT ME, WANT ME is that too much to ask for.

Tags
namie amuro, _genic