[Namie Amuro] The 96th Thread ♛ Queen's Farewell 〜Compilation, Tour & Retirement〜 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st November 2017, 09:19 AM
appears Initiate

Give her a break, she is in the industry since she was a kid.

Instagram

Old 1st November 2017, 09:24 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkifrit View Post
Give her a break, she is in the industry since she was a kid.
Yes, that's what I mean!
She's there since forever and it's the only thing she learned.
I'm all for her doing what she wants.
It's just I do feel a bit uncomfortable that I supported her and there's a chance I kept her going with it like that even though she would have liked to go earlier. (figuratively speaking)
That's all.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 1st November 2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 1st November 2017, 09:29 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
I can't believe she didn't even lipsyncing Finally in the video hahahahah "Finally I can stop giving a f*ck"
This is hilarious, don’t apologize for it. Everyone else can joke about the end of Namies career being her true dream come true but you cast a stone into the pit and they throw pitchforks at your ass. Ridiculous.
Old 1st November 2017, 10:37 AM
SEASONS Initiate

^
Namie's music and lyrics were never meaningful imo, so I don't think there's an actual meaning on Finally either, I won't read that deep on that song (and album). She has always delivered good visuals and fun music and that's all for me. As someone said, I also think Namie doesn't even know what she's singing specially when she sings in English lol
She has achieved what she wanted already, being the biggest pop star singer of Japan, she has been in the industry most of he life, so it's understandable she wants to experience nomal life for once.
Old 1st November 2017, 10:56 AM
Initiate

Lol I know y'all probably joking but I'm sure she knows what she's singing in English. Especially since she works with Emyli so often and that girl is bilingual.

I want to believe Namie knows exactly what she's singing when she says she's a nonstop candyshop that has never tasted so sweet.
Old 1st November 2017, 12:11 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I'm pretty sure she knows it as well tbh, she's not a random someone and has worked with people from overseas a lot. Still, I think we here on the ocident world get a feeling of "at laaast" when someone says "Finally", but probably she wanted to say "Last of all" more than "At last". Not that the word is used wrong, I think just commonly used another way. The meaning is still there, it's just not what first come to our minds.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 1st November 2017, 12:24 PM
CAROLS Initiate

I wonder what she'll do once she retires... she'll always be recognizable and a huge celebrity, will she go overseas? Spend her days in pajamas? Perhaps invest in some business? I'm afraid that we'll never see her face again after she retires like, she might disappear completely from the public scene. And I can't help but wonder what are her dreams, because she is completely different from Ayu who always says that music is basically her life.
Old 1st November 2017, 12:57 PM
Initiate

I don't feel as negative as you guys feel about Finally. I'm just getting the vibe that she accomplished so much in her life, that she's so overwhelmed with emotions and finally can can settle down all of those feelings. I mean, most of us won't ever have the same feeling of reaching all of the goals in life, that you feel like you lived so much through something, and you think it's time time to rest and just enjoy the rest of the ride.

I do feel that the retirement announcement was supposed to happen during her 20th Anniversary live, and not 5 years later, but that's just how I feel.

Anyway, about the PVs: Finally is cute but it's like a CM and not really a PV for me; Showtime is cute, love her looks and how happy she is, the song is not that interesting but gets the job done; Do It For Love is the best song, but couldn't she learn some choreography for this? Love the beginning and the tunnel scene, but the rest is just... there.
Old 1st November 2017, 12:57 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I do think she'll retire from the public scene, but ever since she moved to Dimension Point she said she's interested in producing new artists, and I think that's what she'll focus on. Still being in the music industry, but behind the curtains.
She might even wanna work with her son, who knows?

Old 1st November 2017, 01:16 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Subtitled news report on NEWS ZERO -broadcast date Oct. 2nd- related to Finally (song + best), her 25th live anniversary concert in Okinawa, and her retirement overall if someone is interested (download only, no streaming): https://winkychan.dreamwidth.org/112146.html

Transcript (parts about Finally -the song- only):
Quote:
MC 1: In tonight's ZERO CULTURE, we went to interview Amuro-san, what kind of feelings did she put into the song "Finally" ?

Voiceover: What kind of feelings were put into the ZERO theme song ? Last month, Amuro-san told us this at the location for the closing part of the live.
Namie: What sort of song should be presented, I thought about this a bit, but somehow, among the songs to be released, there is a song which is a great tune and seems to fit the program, so this song is proposed.

Voiceover: Only 4 days after this live (25th anniversary live concert in Okinawa), Amuro-san announced her retirement on September 16th 2018, one year later. Next month, her best album compilation "Finally" compiling her great works among these 25 years will be released.
Meanwhile, Amuro-san's choice for ZERO's theme song was the same as the title of the album, "Finally".

Namie: Originally it was a bit sorrowful just listening to the song, while I was not drawn to such sorrowful part of the song, I wanted to make it a bit positive, a bright kind of song, comparatively, because there is such an image as well for the TV program, and for the direction of my lyrics. So the lyrics were also revised like this.

Voiceover: Amuro-san requested to revise the lyrics many times. Inside the lyrics, there was this expression: "To the bright future".

Namie: I want to sing something that is as bright and positive as possible. If it's sad and sorrowful, because somehow I will also be drawn to it, and I think it will be the case for the person listening to it as well, even for myself who is singing, somehow, I want it to be pleasantly bright.

Voiceover: To be positive, such thought is put into Finally.
(Finally plays) Finally I can stop dreaming / The day I've been wishing for has just started / Finally I can stop wishing / A black and white world is brushing with colors from this moment / A whole new story starts on this stage I am standing / I can be stronger because I have something to hold on to / Getting into an unknown world with the brilliant sunlight / Spreading my arms because I will accept your everything / To the bright future Finally

MC 2: The song "Finally" contains the lyrics "I can stop dreaming", not "I can't stop dreaming" but "I can stop dreaming", what feeling of hers is behind this lyrics, it is a song that is surprising to the audience. As seen in the VTR, Amuro-san asked for a revision of the lyrics, this is a song with lots of thoughts by Amuro-san, it is delightful to have this as the theme song.

MC 3: Right so. Finally, the ending of one thing is the start of another thing.

Last edited by Linoa62; 1st November 2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 1st November 2017, 02:45 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^
Namie's music and lyrics were never meaningful imo, so I don't think there's an actual meaning on Finally either, I won't read that deep on that song (and album). She has always delivered good visuals and fun music and that's all for me. As someone said, I also think Namie doesn't even know what she's singing specially when she sings in English lol
She has achieved what she wanted already, being the biggest pop star singer of Japan, she has been in the industry most of he life, so it's understandable she wants to experience nomal life for once.
Que sarta de tonterias acabas de soltar macho.

Ayustans are on another level my god.

Last edited by S4MU3L; 1st November 2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 1st November 2017, 02:57 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^
I...

I don't know what to say...

Old 1st November 2017, 03:33 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
there is a difference between a being reasonable and being just plain stupid. i think the comments above showed very well that some popele don't think about what is actually happening and why.
And who do you think you are to call other people "stupid" for disagreeing with you? That is literally one of the most disrespectful things you could say in a forum.

I think you're the one not thinking before commenting. Be nice to other people.
Old 1st November 2017, 04:07 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4MU3L View Post
This is my new catchphrase, officially, thank you

Btw I forgot to comment Showtime: I didn't like the preview but the whole thing is great! The PV is really well done, the best of this batch, the looks were good and the choreography was very different from her usual routines, nicely done.

Old 1st November 2017, 04:09 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4MU3L View Post

Ayustans are on another level my god.
Como todas las letras de genic. En serio, Namie es la #1 pa mi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowo View Post
I...

I don't know what to say...

K, maybe I went too far saying there's no meaning on Finally. My apologies. Still, don't find the lyrics to be as "meaningful" as they could.

Edit: didn't I read somewhere she found out the meaning of WANT ME WANT ME's lyrics after the single was released and was surprised of them? That's why I sometimes think she doesn't know what she's singing about.

Last edited by Toniayu123; 1st November 2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 1st November 2017, 04:17 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
And who do you think you are to call other people "stupid" for disagreeing with you? That is literally one of the most disrespectful things you could say in a forum.

I think you're the one not thinking before commenting. Be nice to other people.

Hmm still seems like you did not understand a thing. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - but there is a difference between "urgh, I just don't like it because it is so lazy" and "I don't like the new MV because she does not even move her mouth". But still, the latter is just weird mind-vomit of an opinion. As its is a visual medium, you can very well analyze if something is there just because they wanted to or if they wanted to underline something. It is pretty clear the director wanted to go for a very pure image here where nothing distracts to much form the lyrics itself. I haven't read any comment which explains why the video would have been better with lip-synch and what value it would have added to the actual video.

Just voicing something like "blah i hated it" is very school-kid-ish.
Old 1st November 2017, 04:20 PM
No way to say Initiate

You guys are so patronizing and insulting "it's not like Namie thinks about anything" "it's not like she understands"..she's not a child! Please show her some RESPECT (the power of love).
Old 1st November 2017, 04:45 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
You guys are so patronizing and insulting "it's not like Namie thinks about anything" "it's not like she understands"..she's not a child! Please show her some RESPECT (the power of love).
I completely agree, Some comments on here are just over the top. It’s ok to voice your dislike but out right insulting the artist with comments like “ finally she can stop giving a f**” and “namie doesn’t even know what she’s singing”. It’s disrespectful to her and as a fan I’m offened. But if namie fans would’ve been saying something like that about ayu, forget it. Hell would freeze over and these members would’ve been bullied and insulted terribly. It has happened before and it’s not fair that just because it’s namie and not ayu people can be so condescending.
Old 1st November 2017, 05:47 PM
monochrome Initiate

I can't believe what I'm reading. If Namie didn't understand something, don't you think she'd have somebody translate it to her? To insinuated that she just sings and knows nothing is really rude.

And to the discussion above that turned hostile, you really need to chill. The past few pages you have been outright attacking people. This thread should be about news and discussion that's positives and constructive, not insulting other opinions as stupid.
Old 1st November 2017, 05:53 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

ok when will the album leak? I need those bops in my life
Closed Thread

Tags
jpop, namie amuro