[Namie Amuro] The 100th Thread - Enter The Final Space - - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 5th July 2018, 05:09 AM
Initiate

The 100th Thread - Enter The Final Space -

♛ Special Museum Exhibition 「namie amuro Final Space」 ♛
Spoiler:

“namie amuro Final Space" is a grand exhibition that traces the trajectory of Namie Amuro’s 25 year career. There will be 4 museums, spread across 4 cities (Tokyo / Osaka / Fukuoka / Okinawa), and each museum will feature different exhibitions.

Tickets now on sale.

http://namieamurofinalspace.com/

Museum Goods Now On Sale

https://namieamuro.jp/goods/finalspace/
https://7net.omni7.jp/general/004116/180714finalspace

July 26th, 2018 to September 16th, 2018

Following the concept that was created in her hit single "Dr." (2009) and continued on in "Defend Love" (2009), the Tokyo exhibit will feature "brand new never-before-seen 100% original material that was created ONLY for this exhibition" and is based on that unique fantasy world. Visitors to the Tokyo exhibit will be able to experience "unforgettable surprises... such as a visit from Dr. Cronos himself (the Professor who appears in the lyrics of Dr.) and a mysterious time-travelling woman from 3000AD".

Additionally, visitors will be able to look back on Namie's 25 year career through a presentation of specially-created videos and exhibitions. The Tokyo Museum will feature recreated sets from her last tour (namie amuro Final Tour 2018 - Finally -), various outfits that she has worn on her many TV performances since 1996, outfits from various tours such as the GENIUS 2000 Tour, and various music video outfits including the ones from "Hero" and "Finally".

July 14th, 2018 to July 29th, 2018 / August 11th, 2018 to September 16th, 2018

The Osaka exhibit will serve as a wardrobe archive of Namie's incredible career. Visitors will experience an "intoxicating blast-from-the-past moment after another as your eyes are treated to a dazzling display of the very costumes Amuro-chan wore during her many record-breaking performances". Outfits from music videos such as "Showtime" and "Fashionista" will be on display, as well as various outfits from her previous tours such as the 20th Anniversary Dome Tour and LIVE STYLE 2016-2017. The final room of the Osaka exhibit will be a recreation of the "CAN YOU CELEBRATE?" stage from her 2018 Finally Tour.

August 12th, 2018 to September 16th, 2018

The Fukuoka exhibit, much like the Osaka exhibit, will serve as a wardrobe archive of Namie's incredible career. Outfits from music videos such as "Mint", "SWEET 19 BLUES" and "Just You & I" will be on display, as well as various outfits from her previous tours such as the BEST FICTION 2008-2009 Tour. The final room of the Fukuoka exhibit will be a recreation of the "Finally" encore stage from her 2018 Finally Tour.

August 2nd, 2018 to September 16th, 2018

The Okinawa exhibit will house a unique selection of material curated specifically for the museum. Visitors will be able to see outfits from the 25th Anniversary Okinawa Concert, outfits from the cancelled 20th Anniversary Okinawa concert, and a recreation of the "NEVER END" stage from her 2018 Finally Tour. The dress that Namie wore during her final Kohaku performance will also be on display.

Namie "has been loved by many fans in the 25 years since her debut, and this exhibition will look back with a new expression of her time until now at the forefront and link it with the future".

♛ NOW ON SALE 「namie amuro Final Tour 2018 ~Finally~」 2018.08.29 ♛
Spoiler:

Namie released her final live DVD&Blu-Ray on August 29th, 2018.
The first press release is a 3CD special set, with the 3rd Disc of each version having been edited by different directors with a certain theme in mind. There are 5 versions in total.

Left to Right: Nagoya, Fukuoka, Sapporo, Osaka, Tokyo

When combined, the back covers of all 5 editions form the "I♥FAN" message.

• Disc 1 contains footage from her final June Tokyo Dome performance.
  • Disc 2 contains footage from her 25th Anniversary Okinawa Concert.
  • Disc 3 of the Nagoya Dome version has footage from the February Nagoya Dome performances. The footage on this disc is edited by a director who often works with Western artists and is aimed to suit the tastes of her international fans.
  • Disc 3 of the Fukuoka Dome version has footage from the February Fukuoka Dome performances. The footage was edited by a female director, and is more focused on Namie.
  • Disc 3 of the Sapporo Dome version has footage from the April Sapporo Dome performances. The footage on this version was edited by a director who specializes in working with idol groups, and is focused on showing off both Namie and her dancers.
  • Disc 3 of the Osaka Dome version has footage from the April Osaka Dome performances. The footage on this version was edited by a director who specializes in the dance genre, and will focus on showing off all the choreography.
  • Disc 3 of the Tokyo Dome version will have footage from the May Tokyo Dome performances. The director of this disc will edit the footage to show off both Namie and her fans.

---

Finally Tour Setlist:
01_ Hero
02_ Hide & Seek
03_ Do Me More
04_ Mint
05_ Baby Don’t Cry
06_ GIRL TALK
07_ NEW LOOK
08_ WHAT A FEELING
09_ Showtime
10_ Just You and I
11_ Break It
12_ Say the word
13_ Love Story
14_ SWEET 19 BLUES
15_ TRY ME ~私を信じて~
16_ 太陽のSEASON
17_ You're my sunshine
18_ Get Myself Back
19_ a walk in the park
20_ Don't wanna cry
21_ NEVER END
22_ CAN YOU CELEBRATE?
23_ Body Feels EXIT
24_ Chase the Chance
25_ Fighter
26_ In Two
27_ Do It For Love
28_ Hope (Multiangle - NAMIE AMURO×ONE PIECE「Hope」Original Live Movie)
29_ Finally
30_ How do you feel now? (Multiangle - 「How do you feel now?」Original Live Movie)

25th Anniversary Okinawa Concert Setlist:
01_ TRY ME ~私を信じて~
02_ ハートに火をつけて
03_ 太陽のSEASON
04_ ミスターU.S.A.
05_ 愛してマスカット
06_ PARADISE TRAIN
07_ Just You and I
08_ Chit Chat
09_ Can You Feel This Love
10_ ONLY YOU
11_ You're my sunshine
12_ a walk in the park
13_ Body Feels EXIT
14_ Chase the Chance
15_ Don't wanna cry
16_ SWEET 19 BLUES
17_ Fight Together
18_ Damage
19_ Mint
20_ Fighter
21_ ROCK U
22_ Let’s Go
23_ Higher
24_ GO! GO! ~夢の速さで~
25_ Strike A Pose
26_ NEVER END
27_ Hero

The regular press of this release will only include Discs 1 & 2, and will not feature the 3rd Disc with the director's edit. It will also not include the multi-angle version of "Hope" and "How do you feel now?".

More information can be found here:
http://namieamuro.jp/news/2018/201806032100_dvd/

♛ SALES 「namie amuro Final Tour 2018 ~Finally~」 ♛

Spoiler:

Total Sales (as of September 11th, 2018): 1,468,182

1st Week Sales: 1,291,963
2nd Week Sales: 176,219

With this release, Namie has become the first and only artist in Japan's history to exceed 1 million sales of a music DVD release.

♛ SALES 「Finally」 ♛

Spoiler:

Total Sales (as of September 11th, 2018): 2,296,791

2017 Sales: 1,777,850
2018 Sales So Far: 518,971

♛ MAGAZINES ♛
Spoiler:
2018.06.23 - ViVi (Scans found here)

2018.06.28 - MORE (Scans found here)

2018.07.05 - VOGUE TAIWAN (Photoshoot found here)

2018.07.12 - andGIRL (Scans found here)

2018.07.22 - ELLE Hong Kong (Photoshoot found here)

2018.07.23 - SPUR

2018.07.27 - NYLON (Photoshoot found here)

2018.07.27 - Numero (Scans found here)

2018.08.07 - InRed

2018.08.07 - steady.

2018.08.09 - ar (Photoshoot found here)

2018.08.20 - mina

2018.08.23 - SPRiNG

2018.08.28 - VOGUE JAPAN (Scans found here)

2018.08.28 - otona MUSE

2018.08.28 - with

2018.09.xx - ELLE TAIWAN (Interview + Photoshoot found here)

2018.09.12 - sweet

♛ LINKS ♛
Previous Thread
Official Website
Official Facebook Page
Official YouTube Channel
Wikipedia Page
Generasia Page

KOSÉ 「ALL TIME BEST + IamI」
NAMIE AMURO #ALLFOR916

♛ Downloads ♛
Music Videos Download
Hulu "Documentary of Namie Amuro" Download
「namie amuro Final Tour 2018 ~Finally~」 1080p Blu-Ray

Last edited by haraiso; 11th September 2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 5th July 2018, 05:55 AM
Daybreak Guardian

Thank you for creating a new thread!

A bit late, but this is my first time ever seeing this picture and I'm absolutely in love:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
Old 5th July 2018, 06:57 AM
rainy day Initiate

The promo for the _genic era was really something else.
Old 5th July 2018, 07:29 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I try my best to translate the Vogue Taiwan interview that's posted via https://www.vogue.com.tw/feature/peo...ent-41304.html

I based it on the way Google Translate narrates it to me because I suck at reading Traditional Chinese as I wasn't brought it with it but rather it was Simplified Chinese

Anyway ...

Spoiler:
As the cover girl for Vogue Taiwan July 2018 issue , what're your thoughts when comes to the words July & Summer ?

Namie : Every Summer for the past 20 years , I'm almost always performing if not working , recording in the studios or preparing for my tours

Due to this , I haven't had the chance to experience how a proper Summer should be like

Actually I would love to watch a fireworks display or attend a Summer festival but I have never gotten a chance to experience them myself

If I'm able to take a vacation during Summer , I would love to go elsewhere to watch a fireworks display

The answer that Namie gave to the above question , shows how dedicated she has been to her craft . Upon hearing her answer , some of Vogue Taiwan & Namie's own staff couldn't help but felt distressed about it

As the self proclaimed queen of hip pop , we only get to see how Namie is like in front of the camera or in a PV . How much blood & sweat Namie has shed over the years , only she herself knows the answer

Just like 2 years ago when Vogue Taiwan interviewed Namie , we asked her 'you kept coming to Taiwan so often , what're your impressions towards the country and what's your favourite Taiwanese food(s) ?'

To prepare for her concerts , Namie didn't had much time to venture outside of the hotel to eat a proper Taiwanese lunch . Even during rehearsals , Namie had to stay in the hotel to prepare for them despite the numerous recommendations she received

Despite this , fans always has been the source of Namie's strength . Namie said , "Everytime the fans yell encore to me during my concerts , that's when I would feel happy ."

Namie also said before to Vogue Taiwan that her fans = her strength

When this interview was conducted in the midst of her last tour , Vogue Taiwan asked Namie , "Do you feel tired ? "

Namie immediately said ,"No I don't feel tired . My concert is during the time when I enjoy singing my songs to my fans"

As always the consummate professional , Namie arrived in the shooting studio on time . While facing the photographer (in this case Leslie Kee) , the camera shuttering snapping sounds & Leslie's constant praise to Namie can be heard constantly which left a deep impression on Vogue Taiwan

To let everyone see a different side of Namie in this interview , Vogue Taiwan came up with some questions for Namie to answer in the midst of the photography session

An animal to describe your life ?

Namie : Probably a cat because I go with my own intuition & I hardly stay still

Besides $ , handphone what else do you bring along with you ?

Namie : Nothing , really . I'm a person that usually do not bring any items along with me

Do you make a decision based on 2 different perspectives ?

Namie : Yes , I will use this method for decision making . Sometimes I will take too long to come to a final decision on things as I take other things into consideration

3 wishes you want to achieve ?

Namie : Regarding work , I only have 1 wish - to watch my own concert

Upon saying that , Namie had a rather sheepish look on her face & said , "But that can't be done now right ? ' (LOL)

What do you like the most about yourself ?

Namie : Nothing , I don't think I have any special traits . To say what I like the most about myself , for people to know about it makes me shy

Your favourite 4 seasons in a year ?

Namie : I like Winter because I was born in Okinawa and before that I have never seen snow before

What do you plan to do this year which's something you have not tried to do before ?

Namie : Must it take place this year ? I just finished performing my last concert in Taiwan & I haven't thought about it yet

What's the biggest highlight of your last 2 Taiwan concerts ?

Namie : When I saw all the messages fans sent to me when I was onstage , I was really touched . I saw it before the encore segment was about to begin

At that time , I had to suppress my hidden joy/thoughts on this matter and continue performing so I wasn't able to proper thank everyone on this

For this , I was very touched . Also to see my name being reflected/shown on Taipei 101 building as well , I was surprised & happy at the same time

(To thank Namie's Taiwanese fans , she recorded a video with Vogue Taiwan which's posted on the same link as this news article)

During Namie's time in Taipei , the hotel she stayed at specially prepared items with her name printed on them . When Vogue Taiwan mentioned this to her , Namie had a smile of gratitude on her face

How do you overcome the low points of your career ?

Namie : I continue & preserved on despite the obstacles I faced . No matter the difficulties , I overcome them

Are you an optimistic or pessimistic person ?

Namie : pessimistic

What do you usually do at 6.30pm ?

Namie : If I'm not working , I will have dinner at 6.30pm

You will release namie amuro Final Tour 2018 ~Finally~ DVD/Blu-ray on 29th Aug . The release will have footages from the 5 Domes you performed in Japan . Can you share with us some info about this ?

Namie : Every concert date is different . But no matter which concert date is within the tour , I always felt the same level of support I received from fans

Sept is your birth month & based on your birthdate , you're a Virgo . What constellation traits do you like & dislike the most ?

Namie : Actually I never took particular notice on constellation traits . I feel that myself & Virgo have nothing in common hahaha (LOL)

Horoscope traits wise , I probably relate more to being a Scorpio and not a Virgo . I rather be a Scorpio then a Virgo (xD)

What is music to you & what does music bring to you ?

Namie : Music gives me a lot of strength & courage , it always has my back & pushes me to continue on

My translation is not 100% accurate but that's more or less what Namie said in her last Vogue Taiwan interview

Some of what Namie said , I'm very surprised . Like I wouldn't be able to tell that she sees herself as pessimistic as she looks so confident onstage

And also , Namie has a dry sense of humour , who knew ? Haha

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 5th July 2018, 12:03 PM
Trauma Initiate

^Thank you!

Old 5th July 2018, 03:00 PM

If anyone's interested , this Dreamwidth user subbed 4th June's episode of NEWS ZERO where ARASHI's Sakurai commented about Namie's impending retirement

https://winkychan.dreamwidth.org/126471.html

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 5th July 2018, 05:21 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

thanks for the new thread! the OP looks so beautiful!

and thanks Karen for translating the interview!
Old 5th July 2018, 06:19 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Namie is such a perfeccionist how come she doesn't see herself as a Virgo? But I can see her having something in Scorpio as well~

Thanks for translating the interview, Karen! It was really nice to read

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 6th July 2018, 06:02 AM

Namie on the cover of andGIRL magazine Aug 2018 issue

https://twitter.com/namie_news/statu...67402524954624

Aug 2018 issue of andGIRL will be available for sale from next Thurs onwards

Old 6th July 2018, 10:17 AM
Initiate

Museum goods now up for order!!
Seems everything is a reservation sale, so shipping won't be until after August.

https://namieamuro.jp/goods/finalspace/

7net is also selling a special line of Namie Dolls

https://7net.omni7.jp/general/004116/180714finalspace

They're 200USD each
So basically 1000 if you want the whole set #gurlbye

7net also is also selling a special Final Space... dipping sauce? lmao. I guess to go with the sauce plate. The sauce is an Okinawan brand it seems.

Also, because Namie wants to make sure everyone in Japan is flat out BROKE by the time she retires, there will be capsule toys sold at the venues.

- 63 different types of Acrylic Stands
- 57 different types of magnet pins
- a unique brand of Masking Tape

So a total of 121 different items that can be won for 500yen each.

Spoiler:

---

omg @ the brochure. And I hope the museum shirts are better quality than the Finally Tour shirts, cause those were paper thin...

Last edited by haraiso; 6th July 2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:23 AM
rainy day Initiate

I want the book............. But....... I shouldn't..........
Old 6th July 2018, 10:26 AM
As if.. Initiate

^whaat, Finally shirts are amazing quality, won't wrinkle at all while wearing or in the suitcase, super soft. Beats all the Calvin Klein, Michael Kors etc. black shirts, lol haha.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:31 AM
Initiate

^

loool. idk, I never tried on the black shirt I bought but I remember I had to wear a separate white shirt underneath the White Tour Shirt because it was so thin lol

Oh wow I just noticed the portable lamp in the goods. That's pretty cute!

Last edited by haraiso; 6th July 2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:37 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Sry but this dolls are super ugly and look nothing like Namie o.o

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 6th July 2018, 10:46 AM
still alone Initiate

The dolls just look like Namie versions of the Licca doll.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:55 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Technically she has already retired, right? I mean at least she's not performing or working in front of the camera anymore.

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Old 6th July 2018, 04:42 PM

If fans ordered the archive pamphlet via 7 Net , a special case will be made available only via their website

https://7net.omni7.jp/detail/1106901157

Frankly the archive pamphlet is the only Final Space item that appeals to me . The rest not so

The archive pamphlet would be something great to own & for it to be almost 380 pages , it's wow

7 Net also states that fans only can order 1 archive pamphlet per person

Also based on the description of the archive pamphlet , doesn't seem that Namie will perform 1 more final concert prior to her retirement but I could be wrong

Old 6th July 2018, 06:51 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

The pamphlet and the lamp are the only things I want. Thank God they are both the most expensive items there.......
Old 6th July 2018, 11:26 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by prussian blue View Post
Technically she has already retired, right? I mean at least she's not performing or working in front of the camera anymore.
Not until September.
Old 7th July 2018, 12:30 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco__ View Post
The pamphlet and the lamp are the only things I want. Thank God they are both the most expensive items there.......
Same. I think I'll stick with ordering those 2 + the mini tour patch stickers since they're cute

And if I'm able to go to the exhibit, I'll spend the rest of my money trying to get that Best Fiction magnet lmao

The fact that she blessed us with those legendary covers + Do Me More... ugh.

Tags
namie amuro