Do you care about the album press? - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Asian Music Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Does the press matter?
Of course! 43 40.95%
Sometimes... 42 40.00%
No way! 19 18.10%
Whaaat? 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th June 2010, 10:06 AM
Heartplace Initiate

I do, but not because I want to, but because my CD- and DVD-player only plays "Japanese Versions". -.-

I really hate this, because they're so expensive sometimes...but whatever...!

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Old 15th June 2010, 11:59 PM
forgiveness Initiate

oh wait, this is based on overseas or japan press? i thought it was based on first press or standard press.

sometimes.... although japan press is more expensive, i always get it if it comes with the extras over seas doesn't come with. and japan press kind of seems "truer" to me than getting overseas press. for example. only utada's japan press cds come with that super high quality glossy paper the booklets are made out of lol. overseas is standard paper. the few times a year i do buy something from japan, i want it to be top notch, to get the real bang for my buck.

i do think though that it's ludicrous that some people living in singapore, and china, and korea and whatnot only want japan press, which they have to order online when they can just walk to their nearest cd store and buy the press their store caries. Whereas living in america, my only option is to buy online, I don't get the luxury of walking to the jpop music store (I do have kinokuniya's but it's 2 hours away and ****ing expensive). but like i said, the few times i do buy anything online i just say "eh..what the hell, why not?" and buy japan press.

Last edited by Picaflor 7/4; 16th June 2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 16th June 2010, 04:08 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflor 7/4 View Post
oh wait, this is based on overseas or japan press? i thought it was based on first press or standard press.

sometimes.... although japan press is more expensive, i always get it if it comes with the extras over seas doesn't come with. and japan press kind of seems "truer" to me than getting overseas press. for example. only utada's japan press cds come with that super high quality glossy paper the booklets are made out of lol. overseas is standard paper. the few times a year i do buy something from japan, i want it to be top notch, to get the real bang for my buck.

i do think though that it's ludicrous that some people living in singapore, and china, and korea and whatnot only want japan press, which they have to order online when they can just walk to their nearest cd store and buy the press their store caries. Whereas living in america, my only option is to buy online, I don't get the luxury of walking to the jpop music store (I do have kinokuniya's but it's 2 hours away and ****ing expensive). but like i said, the few times i do buy anything online i just say "eh..what the hell, why not?" and buy japan press.
on what I highlight in bold

yeah you share the same thoughts as me . I cannot understand why people must die die get everything Japan press , it's ridiculous & if not overpriced >_>

for me , I only get Japan press if the artiste I support do not have any OS press of their material & it just so happened that BREAKERZ doesn't have any to begin with xD

if not , I wait for a while for the OS press to pop up . It doesn't hurt & will not die in waiting for something reasonably priced to get

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 16th June 2010, 04:48 AM
Liar Initiate

I like getting OS press for older releases and then buy Japan press for newer things.
It actually makes me really mad when there are no OS press things in stock on yesasia XD What about the poor people!!! XD
Also clearly they make an OS press for people Overseas to buy, and that equals me lol even if I'm not in Asia...

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum

Last edited by dreamland2.0; 16th June 2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 18th June 2010, 03:08 AM
walking proud Initiate

I say no. As long as it's the real deal and everything is normal with it, then I don't care about the press.
Old 18th June 2010, 04:08 AM
neverending dream Initiate

Not really, Depends on how much money I have the time I want to buy something.
Old 26th May 2011, 07:56 AM
from your letter Initiate

It does. If the artist is Japanese, I order the album directly from Japan.

"I've been and am absurdly over-estimated.
There are no supermen, and I'm quite ordinary, and will say so whatever the artistic results.
In that point I'm one of the few people who tell the truth about myself.
"--T.E.Lawrence

Old 27th May 2011, 04:39 AM
GREEN Initiate

Of course!
Not but Japan Press for me!
Old 27th May 2011, 09:05 AM
Pray H-Initiate

Well, since my first Ayu cd was japanese press, I'm buying my other ones to match and for some reason it's just become a huge deal for me. It's not really that important though, now that I think about it.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 30th May 2011, 10:58 PM
Because of You Initiate

As much as I defend Overseas Versions because I think they're almost always the better option, I would prefer whatever the original press was in any situation if given the chance (and they were the same price). It all comes down to price in the end, but I'd prefer the Japanese press of a Japanese artist's album or the Korean press of a Korean's, etc.

Old 1st June 2011, 02:10 AM
ever free Initiate

Not really. Despite that, 95% the Japanese albums I have are JP press. But, I either purchased them second hand (with their obi's) or on sale for dirt cheap. I refuse to pay full price for a Japanese press CD. In my humble opinion, no music CD is worth more than $15 regardless of who the artist is.

Now in regard to "First Press", yes of course. Free bonuses are always a plus in my book.

Old 1st June 2012, 11:58 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

For me, Japanese or nothing. When I heard that, with amazing speakers, the HK or Overseas press sounds like an iTunes rip, I was immediately turned off. I may never have quality speakers ever, but I won't pay for something that is lower quality.
Old 2nd June 2012, 02:02 AM
SURREAL Initiate

sometimes
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:57 PM

Yes! I only buy japanese press