[globe] The 1st Thread: - "10000 Days" best-of album (2022) - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 4th November 2015, 02:31 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Edit: false alarm
The globe Canadian store on iTunes hasn't been updated.

Last edited by Delicious n Bold; 4th November 2015 at 02:40 AM.
Old 4th December 2015, 02:18 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best globe songs to listen to? I always knew who they were but only listened to Many Classic Moments cos of the Ayu cover. I really liked the original (which i didn't expect because I wasn't fond of Keiko's voice on a song is born haha!) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 4th December 2015, 05:14 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

This song sounds just like an ayu song you may like it

And of course DEPARTURES

Listen to Feel Like Dance if you like 90s Namie Amuro

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 4th December 2015, 05:22 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Cool, I'll check them out! Thanks a lot.
Old 5th December 2015, 06:02 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan View Post
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best globe songs to listen to? I always knew who they were but only listened to Many Classic Moments cos of the Ayu cover. I really liked the original (which i didn't expect because I wasn't fond of Keiko's voice on a song is born haha!) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
If you're still looking for things to try, do I have a list for you...

In general, if you really dislike Keiko's early-career shrillness, you'll probably want to avoid a lot of their pre-outernet material. There are many amazing songs from that period as well, but her singing can be quite a lot. If you're looking for albums to try, Lights is a great one to start with, that's how I went down the rabbit hole.

And now, a quite exhaustive list of globe songs I enjoy and would recommend, sorted by album:
Spoiler:
globe:
DEPARTURES (and the ARRIVAL version from one of their best-of albums is even better, imo)
Precious Memories
FREEDOM

FACES PLACES:
DEGENERATE
FACES PLACES
FACE
Anytime smokin' cigarette
Can't Stop Fallin' in Love
Guilty pleasure: Because I LOVE the NIGHT (it's so trashy, but catchy )

Love again:
Love again
Wanderin' Destiny

Relation:
... honestly, it's been so long since I listened to this one (actual years) that I can't really name anything, my apologies

outernet (a very good album, highly recommended):
outernet
garden
angel's song
like a prayer
DON'T LOOK BACK (it's EPIC)
Rakuen no Uso
on the way to YOU

Lights:
EVERYTHING! ... okay, I'll also do the actual list
Many Classic Moments
Merry Go Round
genesis of next
Megami
try this shoot
Stop! In The Name Of Love
Lights brought the future

Lights2:
TRANSCONTINENTAL WAY (I hope you like epic trance instrumentals!)
OVER THE RAINBOW
Knockin' on the door of my heart
STARTING FROM HERE
liquid panorama

LEVEL 4:
out of control
get it on now
this is the last night
INSIDE
seize the light (!!!!!!!!!)
compass

globe2 pop/rock:
Love goes on!!
EXPECTATION
Asian night
goodBye NOW
Judgement

maniac:
Soldier
Why Why tell me Why
Tokyo to Iu Machi
Shine on you

new deal:
It's only five songs and they're all really enjoyable

Others:
winter comes around again (TK Mix)
They Fight Now
GDM Remix album

That should be enough for starters. Check out the discography thread in the download section if you're looking for albums or some rare songs.

In other news, I'm ASTOUNDED at how good almost all the covers for the upcoming tribute album are sounding! Like, I really liked everything except AAA and lol so far, and there's still Miu Sakamoto, Mirei Touyama and Koda Kumi to look forward to! I was only mildly excited for the album before, but now I'm really looking forward to it. I don't even know which preview is my favourite so far: Kaela Kimura's FACES PLACES sounds really good so far, hitomi's Anytime smokin' cigarette is super cool and I can't wait to hear the rest, GReeeeN's FACE is really faithful to the original and I LOVE the original, HYDE's DEPARTURES sounds awesome, TRF's cover sounds epic (which I NEVER expected)... and I like Ayu's Many Classic Moments very much, but honestly, it tries too hard to match the original and so far it sounds like it just can't, despite Ayu doing her best Keiko impression, because the original is just magic. I honestly do like Ayu's version a lot so far, but the original >>>>>>>
Old 5th December 2015, 06:59 AM
from your letter Initiate

^ I agree. The cover album has been such a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting this quality. My favorite from the previews is definitely TRF's cover. hitomi would be second.

Also, you are terrible for leaving out open wide, from the beginning, and THE BOX in your list of songs. =P You have convinced me to listen to outernet again, though. I only saved to songs from when when I first got it. And I do agree with what you said about Relation *snore*

Old 5th December 2015, 10:02 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Wow thank you so much for such a detailed list Kacku!!
Old 5th December 2015, 01:22 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen Twilight View Post
^ I agree. The cover album has been such a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting this quality. My favorite from the previews is definitely TRF's cover. hitomi would be second.

Also, you are terrible for leaving out open wide, from the beginning, and THE BOX in your list of songs. =P You have convinced me to listen to outernet again, though. I only saved to songs from when when I first got it. And I do agree with what you said about Relation *snore*
TRF's song is so great! And the preview seems to cut off just as the song gets more intense, I'm so excited to hear the rest.

I didn't even remember open wide and from the beginning, but I listened to them just now, and though open wide is quite meh, from the beginning is definitely nice... but how did I leave THE BOX out, I LOVE that song?! I AM terrible! I hereby retroactively include THE BOX on my list, it's weird but so catchy and fun! Good thing those were the only faults in my list. =P

Oh, I'm so happy you're giving outernet another chance! It seems very underrated, no one ever talks about it though it contains so many awesome songs and the style is really unique. Hopefully you'll agree after the re-listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan
Wow thank you so much for such a detailed list Kacku!!
You're welcome! I hope you find something you like.
Old 5th December 2015, 03:01 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I'll be checking them out.

Old 5th December 2015, 03:28 PM
No way to say Initiate

This is so underrated.
Old 5th December 2015, 04:20 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I had never heard this version before. Beautiful.
Old 5th December 2015, 06:31 PM
Lelio Protector

Why is it globe feat. keiko? They parted her from globe? lol
Old 5th December 2015, 07:36 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Why is it globe feat. keiko? They parted her from globe? lol
It was a special single project thing..March 29 2000, they release three singles on the same day representing each member. Keiko wrote the lyrics for on the way to YOU.

[2000.03.29] Throwin' down in the double 0 (globe featuring Komuro Tetsuya)
[2000.03.29] THE MAIN LORD (globe featuring MARC)
[2000.03.29] on the way to YOU (globe featuring Keiko)

Another lesser known globe song that strikes me as something TK would make for Ayu now...

Last edited by ExodusUK; 5th December 2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 5th December 2015, 08:36 PM
Lelio Protector

Is winter comes around again composed from a various globe songs compositions mixture?

Is it on an original album?
Old 5th December 2015, 09:42 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I haven't seen anything about winter comes around again being a hybrid of other globe songs. Do you hear snippets of several songs there? I can only hear a piece of DEPARTURES, and that might just be TK compositions repeating themselves, not necessarily something he did intentionallly (though in this case it might actually well be deliberate, I know I would want to make a reference if I had composed a winter song as amazing as DEPARTURES ).

It's not on any original album, the original version is only found on the special single the song hails from and the updated TK Mix is on the 8 years ~Many Classic Moments~ best-of album.
Old 6th December 2015, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
It was a special single project thing..March 29 2000, they release three singles on the same day representing each member. Keiko wrote the lyrics for on the way to YOU.

[2000.03.29] Throwin' down in the double 0 (globe featuring Komuro Tetsuya)
[2000.03.29] THE MAIN LORD (globe featuring MARC)
[2000.03.29] on the way to YOU (globe featuring Keiko)

Another lesser known globe song that strikes me as something TK would make for Ayu now...
This is really cool. I notice DEPARTURES and Can't Stop Falling in Love with some different lyrics.

Old 6th December 2015, 08:58 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Now that you named it... How did I not hear Can't Stop Fallin' in Love before? Totally a hybrid song, and a really cool one. I prefer the TK Mix though, the background vocals on this version come close to ruining it.

Sidenote: I wish someone would translate the comments by all the artists participating on the tribute album on the index page of globe's official site, it would be nice to know what they're all saying.
Old 6th December 2015, 09:31 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacku View Post

In other news, I'm ASTOUNDED at how good almost all the covers for the upcoming tribute album are sounding! Like, I really liked everything except AAA and lol so far, and there's still Miu Sakamoto, Mirei Touyama and Koda Kumi to look forward to! I was only mildly excited for the album before, but now I'm really looking forward to it. I don't even know which preview is my favourite so far: Kaela Kimura's FACES PLACES sounds really good so far, hitomi's Anytime smokin' cigarette is super cool and I can't wait to hear the rest, GReeeeN's FACE is really faithful to the original and I LOVE the original, HYDE's DEPARTURES sounds awesome, TRF's cover sounds epic (which I NEVER expected)... and I like Ayu's Many Classic Moments very much, but honestly, it tries too hard to match the original and so far it sounds like it just can't, despite Ayu doing her best Keiko impression, because the original is just magic. I honestly do like Ayu's version a lot so far, but the original >>>>>>>
I really agree with you this cover album seems really well made !! Like I have already said globe is among my top 3 (just after Nana Mizuki & Ayu) so I know every of their songs and I've a special attachment in regard to Keiko's voice and her unmatchable emotions so it's really difficult honestly to be objective but none of them are better than the originals for me but regarding music arrangements it's another story I don't know who made them but some songs are really well upgraded like Anytime smokin’ cigarette, wanna Be A Dreammaker or SWEET PAIN !

In regard to Ayu cover I'm just like you I really like it but something is missing I don't know it's like she didn't put enough of her emotions into it ? I will wait for the rest of the song but I'm not 100% satisfied with it ...I am a bit disappointed because I think that Ayu was the best choice to cover a globe song since her voice has always been similar to Keiko ... yet something is missing ...

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 6th December 2015, 09:43 PM
still alone Initiate

@Kacku

Where's "They Fight Now" from? You mentioned it in your recommendations post.

I only recently got into globe, and I really LOVE on the way to YOU, Soldier, Please don't give up and from the beginning (this one is probably my favorite).

And thank you, Kacku, for that long list of recommendations! I'll use it as a reference.
Old 6th December 2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacku View Post
^ Now that you named it... How did I not hear Can't Stop Fallin' in Love before? Totally a hybrid song, and a really cool one. I prefer the TK Mix though, the background vocals on this version come close to ruining it.

Sidenote: I wish someone would translate the comments by all the artists participating on the tribute album on the index page of globe's official site, it would be nice to know what they're all saying.
I know! I kind of think it talks about their relationship with globe and how they have influenced them.

@Chiharo
Glad to know you are liking everything so far! maniac is a really good album! I would recommend every one of their albums aside from Relation honestly.

Sidenote: I really think this cover album will do well. The previews have been doing pretty well in terms of views for the most part.

Tags
globe, tetsuya komuro