New single「Summer Again」(1.7.22) - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 30th June 2022, 07:33 PM
Depend on you Initiate

DANG she really wow'd me with this song. Very much in line with today's trends but still has that Ayu feel. To my playlist this goes!!!
Old 30th June 2022, 07:36 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
It's so outdated :/ that sound from the arrangement is exactly like our "guests from the future" in the late 90s early 00s
It's catchy but not in a good way for me
But that is very much the trend nowadays tho *cues Beyonce's new song*
Old 30th June 2022, 08:50 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte View Post
But that is very much the trend nowadays tho *cues Beyonce's new song*
I was coming here to say that. It's exactly the current vibe, but it has some Ayu flavor, it doesn't sound generic at all.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 30th June 2022, 08:53 PM
Far away Initiate

Love it, this is what Party queen should have been!!! (even though I do love Party queen)
Old 30th June 2022, 09:18 PM
Because of You Initiate

i only saw the preview, um...didn't like that snippet, sounds like another very borring dancey electro song, but i'm gonna wait till midnight here and hope i'll get surprised. LOL She's been very dancey with her curent stuff. Monster was the last thing i liked kind of, i need rock Ayu T_T I haven't been obsessed with an Ayu song since Last Minute.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 30th June 2022 at 09:20 PM.
Old 30th June 2022, 09:46 PM
Depend on you Initiate

uhmm just had a listen and I'm not convinced... maybe it'll grow on me
Old 30th June 2022, 09:54 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I am not expecting that much. Midnight is almost there.
Old 30th June 2022, 10:08 PM
Because of You Initiate

Just listened, well not fully, managed to get through half. Borring, repetitive and too long for what it is. NEXT. I kinda knew this is gonna happen. Beautiful covers and the video will probably be nice but the song is just filler for me. It almost feels like it doesn't even belong to Ayu, like it doesn't suit her. It's just so bland. I wasn't a fan of Colours at all but even that was a bit more flavourable that this.

I'm glad most are digging this, though. Considering what's on trend today - she fits right in. And i'm not digging todays market lol I just like my drama, build-ups and detailed arrangements, this has neither.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 30th June 2022 at 10:15 PM.
Old 30th June 2022, 10:29 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Apple Music released DOLBY ATMOS The sound is better
Orginal version is weird
Old 30th June 2022, 10:56 PM
appears Initiate

I'm glad Ayu is working with new people, let's hope the new album follows this trend too.
This song is pretty good, she's really stepping up her game sound-wise. I love that Show me love-esque beat throughout the song and the bridge is amazing, just like Nonfiction.
My only complain is some vocals on the chorus sound unpleasant (like those background "yeeahh"), maybe a higher pitch on the chrous would have helped.
Old 30th June 2022, 11:09 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilence View Post
Just listened, well not fully, managed to get through half. Borring, repetitive and too long for what it is. NEXT. I kinda knew this is gonna happen. Beautiful covers and the video will probably be nice but the song is just filler for me. It almost feels like it doesn't even belong to Ayu, like it doesn't suit her. It's just so bland. I wasn't a fan of Colours at all but even that was a bit more flavourable that this.

I'm glad most are digging this, though. Considering what's on trend today - she fits right in. And i'm not digging todays market lol I just like my drama, build-ups and detailed arrangements, this has neither.
Since Party Queen she always wanted to make "western" songs, thats why Colors is such a weak album. i didnt apprieciated her "classical" mellow songs back then, but now i kinda miss them and I hate to say how she miss the point of being *japanese* diva.
Old 30th June 2022, 11:10 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I really like the new sound from Ayu, finally something different in a good way! Pleasent surprise!
Old 30th June 2022, 11:21 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilence View Post

I was going to write my comment.... but it would just be a reformulation of yours :p.

I won't say it is a bad song, but it is not the kind of music I like or listen to. I still love her and I am happy if the song pleases others and if she can even attrack a new younger audience.
Old 30th June 2022, 11:37 PM
Because of You Initiate

EDIT: ^yeah, i'm glad i'm not alone. Although to me it jousnd bad lol I love her still, i don't think i can not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
Since Party Queen she always wanted to make "western" songs, thats why Colors is such a weak album. i didnt apprieciated her "classical" mellow songs back then, but now i kinda miss them and I hate to say how she miss the point of being *japanese* diva.
I dunno maybe i'm too old now, but, really i was never a fan of EDM in general i always found it really repetitive and borring, so it's always a disappointing to me when she does those. I started listening to her BECAUSE she was not the western artist. I don't even like most of the classics but she always had this diversity which feels like it has been somewhat dwindling down. I do think she needs new people to work with. And still all the stuff she's had even if it sounded generic, it works so well with who she is - powerful choruses and emotions. This song literally has no emotion there, just the same monotonous beat with a couple of sounds thrown in. Ayu's stuff has emotion, energy, i just feel none of it in this one. Even Nonfiction had more energy and mood in there which i don't like either, this one just sounds lazy to me. So yeah i want the "diva" lol
I'll probably be one of a VERY few people to see nothing positive in this track at all, which isn't new ( ) , but I'mma gonna stop rambling and ranting before someone jumps on me here lol I just hope the album will have more to offer, so i'll just have to be patient and wait for another track to be released and hope it won't be THIS again.
Old 30th June 2022, 11:39 PM
Initiate

Can’t believe she trolled us again with the PV. Song is good in my opinion with good headphone.
Old 30th June 2022, 11:58 PM
SCAR Initiate

Reminds me of Lelio... Not what I like the most sadly, and definitely not what I was expecting for a summer single, but good for her to try new sounds I guess ?

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]
Old 1st July 2022, 12:21 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

happy with the song, I hope she serves in the PV. go queen
Old 1st July 2022, 01:34 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
It's so outdated :/ that sound from the arrangement is exactly like our "guests from the future" in the late 90s early 00s
It's catchy but not in a good way for me
Even if house is not my jam and it might feel 'outdated' I don't really think we can categorise it as that. The new composer, who has worked with Ayu, understands what the trend is nowadays (Beyonce, Tinashe and a lot of artists now). I think this is the first time in many years that Ayu has released a song that is not disconnected from the rest of the world.

That is not to say that it is good or bad, nor that I prefer it, but I think it is important to comment on it.

I prefer non fiction. The verses of Summer Again are excellent, they're a 10, but the chorus loses rhythm and doesn't sound melodic enough.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 1st July 2022, 02:01 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Well PV will come out tonite
21:9 and 1080p again I suppose
(I do prefer 16:9 and higher quality)
Old 1st July 2022, 02:16 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
My only complain is some vocals on the chorus sound unpleasant
I'd say her voice in general and unnatural, forced way of singing is not pleasant, if not annoying. The song doesn't sound bad. Engrish needs to go.

Last edited by Chris85; 1st July 2022 at 02:20 AM.

Tags
summer again