[Utada Hikaru] ✿ New single! Sakura Nagashi ✿ the 47th thread - Page 26 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 13th April 2013, 01:26 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Speaking of singles, i ordered Singles Collection V2 into my local HMV store a few months ago and it STILL hasnt shown up. :'(
Wondering about it but What should I do?
Old 13th April 2013, 01:44 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierofSilence View Post
Speaking of singles, i ordered Singles Collection V2 into my local HMV store a few months ago and it STILL hasnt shown up. :'(
Wondering about it but What should I do?
...call them and ask...?
Old 13th April 2013, 02:28 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^*sighs* i just called. they said its been discontinued which is why it never came in. however they really should've called to let me know. Guess i'll have to try somewhere else... maybe amazon?
Old 14th April 2013, 04:51 AM
Trauma Initiate

An interesting fact about FINAL DISTANCE is that people think Hikki rearranged the song because of Reina Yamashita, the girl who died in that tragedy but that's not true.

In her book "Sen", Hikki states that she heard of the killing after she had already rearranged the song and started recording. After she got to know about Reina, she decided to dedicate the song for her.

I love the fact that FINAL DISTANCE is included in the history books of japanese schools ♥

As for the songs, I don't really like neither hahahaha I can't listen FD unless I'm really sad, and fortunately that doesn't happen very often, and I think Distance is too cute, so I don't like it.

Old 14th April 2013, 05:04 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Hold up
This changes things then. Kinda.
Why did she rearrange it in the first place?
Old 14th April 2013, 05:19 AM
monochrome Initiate

The music video for Final Distance always disturbed me because of the content it was about. It's very sad, but beautiful. The goat guy freaked me the hell out though.
Old 14th April 2013, 05:27 AM
Secret Initiate

I forgot Utada released those books. Are there an translations anywhere?
Old 14th April 2013, 06:19 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

I forgot about them too. I wonder if I can find them in a regular bookstore here in Japan hmmm
Old 14th April 2013, 11:06 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
An interesting fact about FINAL DISTANCE is that people think Hikki rearranged the song because of Reina Yamashita, the girl who died in that tragedy but that's not true.

In her book "Sen", Hikki states that she heard of the killing after she had already rearranged the song and started recording. After she got to know about Reina, she decided to dedicate the song for her.

I love the fact that FINAL DISTANCE is included in the history books of japanese schools ♥

As for the songs, I don't really like neither hahahaha I can't listen FD unless I'm really sad, and fortunately that doesn't happen very often, and I think Distance is too cute, so I don't like it.
Oh... I knew that FINAL DISTANCE was made before the tragedy, but I thought she made both DISTANCE and FD at the same time, and decided to use DISTANCE as the theme of the album. Guess I'm wrong then
Old 14th April 2013, 03:05 PM
And Then Initiate

Distance MFlo Remix is the only one I can listen to on repeat. I have to be in the right mood for the other two.

I am forever a proud BlackJack.

Old 15th April 2013, 02:11 AM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
Hold up
This changes things then. Kinda.
Why did she rearrange it in the first place?
Well, I dunno hahahaha

Here's some facts about Hikki's music extracted from "Sen" and "Ten":

Quote:
- The first ever Japanese song she wrote was “Never Let Go”
- “First Love” was recorded on New Years Eve 1998-1999. She was supposed to be at a friend’s party that night. During the recording session, her friends called and kept asking her to hurry and get to the party ASAP.
- “Give Me a Reason” was originally written in English. She wrote Japanese lyrics to that song at the request of Akira Miyake, her producer.
- The bit in “Addicted To You” where it goes ‘電話代かさんで〜♪’ was originally ‘電話代が高くて〜♪’.
- “Wait & See ~Risk~” was written when she was playing around with her KORG keyboard on a weekend. She finished composing the song at around 3AM.
- “Hayatochiri”, the B-side for “Wait & See”, was written a long time ago and originally had English lyrics.
- “For You” was composed around the same time she composed “Movin’ on without you”. The demos for both songs were recorded at the same time.
- Since she hadn’t written any lyrics yet, the lyrics she sung in the chorus for the demo version of “For You” were ‘歌詞がないのになぁ〜 / 何をやってるんだろうな〜 / ララララ〜♪ いいのか? / EMI? こんな感じでいいのか? / ララララ〜♪’ (There aren’t any lyrics / What am I doing? / Lalalala, is this okay? EMI? Is something like this okay? Lalalala~ )’
- If she had finished "For You" earlier, it would’ve been the single produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis instead of “Addicted To You”.
- She asked TAKURO from GLAY to help her compose the bridge for “Time Limit” because she couldn’t think of one no matter what. She originally wanted to co-arrange the song together with him, but it was later decided that Rodney Jenkins (Darkchild) would arrange the song.
- “Parody”, “Kettobase!” and “DRAMA” were all written/composed when she was doing her BOHEMIAN SUMMER tour in the summer 2000.
- Contrary to popular belief, “FINAL DISTANCE” was not re-arranged in response to the Ikeda Elementary School massacre. She heard about how Rena Yamashita, one of the victims, won an essay contest about wanting to be like her during the second day of recording. That’s when she decided to dedicate the song to her.
- The chord progressions for “traveling” were constantly rewritten during the demo stages of the song.
- The original name of the song "traveling" was “Shower Head” when it was still a demo.
- She mentions that since both “Blow My Whistle” and “traveling” had a sports motif, the people in the studio often joked around and asked whether she would call her next song “Own Goal” or “Offside”.
- “Hikari” was composed in the summer of 2001.
Got all that from Tumblr.

Last edited by ahtka-chan; 15th April 2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 15th April 2013, 02:19 AM
Secret Initiate

English versions of Hayotachri and Give Me a Reason plz Utada. and lol "Shower Head"
Old 15th April 2013, 03:17 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Time for a new thread?
Old 15th April 2013, 03:29 AM
Liar Initiate

^http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117702

'T was my pleasure.

Tags
hikki, utada hikaru