[Utada Hikaru] ʕ•̫͡•ʔ Upcoming 2018 Album and Tour in the 57th thread ʕ•̫͡•ʔ - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 17th February 2018, 08:08 PM
still alone Initiate

I remember how hyped I was for the first game. Every time I would see a promo for it on TV I would get so excited. When I finally got my hands on it I thought it was amazing but as the game went on I started to get bored with it. I felt let down by all the hype. I also had KH Chain of Memories. Then I never played the series again. I find it sooo overrated. But I was dying to see what Utada would do for the 3rd theme.
Old 18th February 2018, 02:16 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I loved the first game from start to finish.
It was the first game I ever loved to that extent, and it has some of the best memories attached to it still.

The second game, though, I actually don't remember much...
I remember it feeling really different though.

I don't have PS4 so I'm really debating on if I should buy it. I can get cheaper used ones of course, but it's still an investment.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 18th February 2018, 09:51 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I never got into the second one either and I do think that simple and Clean is the more iconic song (compared to Passion)
Old 19th February 2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I remember how hyped I was for the first game. Every time I would see a promo for it on TV I would get so excited. When I finally got my hands on it I thought it was amazing but as the game went on I started to get bored with it. I felt let down by all the hype. I also had KH Chain of Memories. Then I never played the series again. I find it sooo overrated. But I was dying to see what Utada would do for the 3rd theme.
I'm so relieved I'm not the only one thinking KH is overrated.
I never played it as a teen since I wasn't allowed to have a PS. When I finally bought a PS2 some years ago to play FFX, I also searched for KH, because everyone told me how amazing it was but reseller shops only sold it for way too high prices. Two years ago I finally found someone who still had it and was so nice to let me borrow it. I was SO excited to finally being able to play it and I was also so disappointed. I thought it was damn boring as the game went on and never finished it.
Old 20th February 2018, 12:27 AM
Depend on you Initiate

KH2 is my favorite game ever. XD
Old 21st February 2018, 04:38 AM
from your letter Initiate

I'm honestly soooo in love with both versions of the song, though it took some time to get used to the chorus for some reason lol. Though I'm like 80% positive this song is going to have some kind of remix that they'll make for the OP, like they did with S&C/Hikari and (kinda sorta) Passion/Sanctuary

you attack my heart.

Old 2nd March 2018, 04:20 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Utada is gonna be featured on the Shiina Ringo tribute album

She will be covering "Marunouchi Sadistic" as yet another duet with Nariaki Obukuro! It releases May 23.

This should be interesting.
Old 2nd March 2018, 05:09 AM
Interlude Initiate

We already have an idea xD

I expect a new good version of this song (the song above isn't the original, is the 'EXPO Ver')

★ Visit Please ★
My tumblr | Koda Kumi Mexico FP

Last edited by Diva_br; 2nd March 2018 at 05:16 AM.
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:07 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

When cdjapan emailed me about new release of my fav artists, I saw Hikki's name and my heart almost stopped, cuz I thought Hikki would be releasing new album in May...
Still, it's not too bad to get a "new" song from hikki. Also there are artists I like (Matsu Takako, Daichi Miura, etc.).
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:29 AM
Voyage Initiate

^So did I lol! Still, happy to get a new song!
Old 2nd March 2018, 01:22 PM
Trauma Initiate

I'm very happy about her being a part of the album, but not so thrilled for it being a duet with Nariaki again I really don't like their version of Marunouchi Sadistic :/

Old 2nd March 2018, 05:32 PM
End roll Initiate

She really needs to stop shoving Nariaki in everyone's faces lmao. Working with him on his career is one thing because the fans don't have to follow that, but he doesn't need to be involved in what she does with her own. I hope he's not on her album.
Old 2nd March 2018, 07:41 PM
Greatful days Initiate

I thought Tomodachi was one of the better songs on Fantome, so I wouldn't mind if she continues working with him.

It seems that they will be covering the regular version for the tribute album. Which is nice because it's a couple minutes longer.

They need to do one of these tribute albums for Ayu! I want to hear Hikki cover one of her songs as well.
Old 5th April 2018, 08:46 PM

Hikki will provide theme song for the upcoming drama Hana Nochi Hare ~Hanadan Next Season, which will be aired no April 17.

She is really working hard...
Old 6th April 2018, 02:51 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

This is basically in ten days, yaaay
Old 7th April 2018, 12:15 AM
appears Initiate

Utada divorces her husband

It has been revealed that Utada Hikaru and husband Francesco Calianno have divorced, the singer’s record company confirms following a Nikkan Sports headline.

“The divorce is fact,” Sony Music Entertainment Japan has said in response to Japanese News outlet MaiChannel shared in a report this morning.

http://aramajapan.com/news/utada-hik...4-years/86989/
Old 7th April 2018, 12:40 AM

I'm... shocked. Hopefully she won't get too much backlash, or (even better) get a popularity boost like her first divorce. But I don't know if Japanese public will give her sympathy this time...
Old 7th April 2018, 01:33 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^I don't see why they suddenly wouldn't. She's not Ayu after all.

Old 7th April 2018, 02:50 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I'm... shocked. Hopefully she won't get too much backlash, or (even better) get a popularity boost like her first divorce. But I don't know if Japanese public will give her sympathy this time...
I think she's like immune to that or something. I don't remember people reacting as negatively as they could have when she announced her marriage to a foreigner, who is eight years younger than her, and a bartender....

These are all things I don't personally care about or judge for, but the public reacts very negatively when certain celebrities do similar things. I remember thinking this when ayu got married at a similar time with a similar situation (of course not the same) but received more backlash.

Then again, maybe it's that the places I see people discuss hikki are full of caring fans that don't blow up about things like that. But either way, her career is going well. And I think after this second divorce, it will continue go well. Hopefully she finds whatever she wants one day.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 7th April 2018, 03:43 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Another divorce? Whoa...

Tags
hikki, utada hikaru