TA Blog: 春よ、来い。| Haru yo koi - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 6th March 2021, 06:28 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

TA Blog: 春よ、来い。| Haru yo koi

EDIT: The translation has been replaced with a full one by remove-mom at the AHS Discord. Full credit goes to her and her efforts!

I feel this is one of the most important blogs we have had from her in a long time, so I hope everyone can read it.

Previous post:
Spoiler:

A rough translation pieced together from different places. I hope we'll get a proper translation soon, but I feel this gets the gist of what she means even if we're likely missing some detailed wording.
Original Japanese will be in a spoiler at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu

I was FINALLY able to make the announcement today.

The announcement that I would be covering one of the most famous songs in the history of famous songs in Japan, a song by Yumi Matsutoya, whose greatness is far beyond that of someone you would merely call a veteran of the industry.

I've been so, so nervous.

From beginning to attempt to reimagine the song and working out how best to approach that task as a singer unto myself, while also deciding upon an arrangement suitable for Ayumi Hamasaki, to hammering out the best possible way to genuinely and definitively represent the song visually through the new music video...

Nobita-sensei, for whom I have the utmost respect, is the one who provided me with such a wonderful arrangement. When I could feel it heading toward the end of the song, I couldn't help but gasp. I was mesmerised. Actually, I have to admit that I was shrinking in the face of it...

Throughout the recording process, I've chopped and changed the way that I've tried to express myself so many times, and after obsessing over it and deciding to go one way or another I've felt beaten down by the pressure, and then gotten back up again with a new approach for a new day, only to find that I've lost my way again... But ultimately, with Yong-chan, Princess and VOJA-san doing backing vocals, I felt like all the time they'd spent practising last year had really begun to pay off, and I was so deeply moved by that.

And acting as director this time is Shimoko, a long-time partner of mine who I also hold in such high esteem and who brings his own perspective on capturing the painful fleetingness and ephemerality of the world through art.

My costume this time, which we ordered in from Kyoto, is a one-of-a-kind Japanese dress hand-dyed in a Yuzen-style (TN: Yūzen (友禅染) is a Japanese resist dyeing technique involving the application of rice paste to fabric to prevent colour transfer of dye to areas of the fabric (from Wikipedia)), courtesy of the hard work of the Okei-chan team, and the doubly incredible effect that they achieved with this aesthetic was one of both necessarily minimal stress (given the current state of my physique) as well as one of the utmost beauty and magnificence.

And then there's Nakata-sensei, who is absolutely indispensible when it comes time for me to wear traditional clothing; I don't even want to so much as try it on without him, and so he did me the favour of rushing to my side the minute he was needed.

Shimoko wrote "I'm putting my life on the line for this one" about this project on SNS, and I honestly have to say that I feel the exact same way.

The jacket shooting, the recording, the filming of the music video -- I'm putting my own life on the line for each and every one of these things.

To tell you the truth, when we'd finished producing everything, I wondered to myself how many years it had been since I'd single-mindedly and devotedly offered everything right down to my very soul to something I'd been making, to the point where I didn't even care whether I was having fun or not.

And I came to the realisation that that was it, that's how Ayumi Hamasaki had done things until now, that that's what I'd lost sight of somewhere along the line. As harsh as it sounds, I've finally come to my senses.

And now, I want you to experience "Haru yo, Koi" for yourself, whichever way you like.
Once you do, I believe that you'll also come to realise a certain something, and that you and I will both share what I see beyond that.

There's no way I can stop here. I need to see it through, to give Ayumi Hamasaki back to Ayumi Hamasaki.

Until that day comes, I'll live firmly alongside her.
For in due time, she'll come back to life to rejoin us, and "that day", in all its glory, will be the one that we look forward to the most.

ayu

Original text:

Spoiler:
今日やっっっと発表出来ました。

この、日本名曲史に残る名曲中の名曲、しかも大先輩どころではない、偉大すぎる松任谷由実さんの名曲をカバ ーさせていただく、、

何もかも緊張しました。

歌の解釈をまずじっくり始めて、そこに相応しい自分の歌い手としての在り方だったり、浜崎あゆみとしての編 曲であったり、ミュージックビデオというその曲をハッキリと映像化して世界観を打ち出すパートが本物で究極 であることだったり。

素晴らしい編曲をして下さったのは、尊敬してやまない、のび太先生。特にエンディングへ向かっていく感じ、 唸りました。痺れました。と同時に怯んだのも事実ですが。。

歌入れは、何パターンも表現方法を変えてみたりしながら拘りつつ進めてはプレッシャーに負け挫折して、また 日を改めて気持ちも改めて挑戦して、再び道に迷い、、のような感じでしたが、最後に、ヨンちゃん、プリンセ ス、VOJAさんがコーラスで参加して下さり、昨年末からみんなで何度も何度もコーラスワーク練習を積み重 ねてきた時間がやっと日の目を見たようでグッときてしまいました。

そして苦しいぐらい儚く刹那の世界を美術から自身で携わり監督して下さったのは、これまた長年のパートナー として大大大尊敬するシモ子。
衣装は京都から取り寄せた、一点ものの手描き友禅と、オートクチュールの和ドレスをおけいちゃんチーム頑張 ってくれて、今のこの体型の私だからこそストレスをとにかく最小限に、且つこれまでの何よりも豪華絢爛着に という両極なイメージを完成させてくれました。
私が和の衣装を着る際には絶対に欠かせない、中田先生がいらっしゃらない日には和装はしたくないという位信 頼している先生もわざわざ駆け付けて下さりました。

シモ子がいつか、SNSで
「命がけで向かいます」と、この作品について書いていましたが、私も全く持って同じ気持ちでい ました。

ジャケ写撮影も、レコーディングも、ミュージックビデオの撮影も、そこに至る全てに本当に本気で命をかけて 取り組みました。
正直、創っていて楽しいとかそういうのはどうでもよくて、ただここに魂を捧げるという気持ちだけで集中し、 疲弊し、捧げ尽くし、憑依しまくったのは何年ぶりだっただろう、、というのが作り終わってすぐの感情でした 。

そして、そうか、浜崎あゆみはこれまで、これをやって来たんだ、忘れてしまっていたのはこれなんだ、という 感覚にも気づくことが出来ました。かなり、ぶっちゃけてるけど、ほんとに目が覚めました。私は ね。

今はどうかこの「春よ、来い」をどんな形でもいいから受け止めてみて欲しい。
そうしたら、そこにある何かに気付いてもらえると思うし、その先に私が見ているものもきっと共有できるんじ ゃないかと思う。

まだまだ立ち止まれません。浜崎あゆみをちゃんと浜崎あゆみに戻してあげないといけない。

その日までは彼女と共に生きる事にしたよ。
そう長くはかからないうちに、彼女に息を吹き返してもらって、そしたら、そこが、私達の1番望む良い形での 「その日」になるから。

ayu
Old 6th March 2021, 06:42 PM
July 1st Initiate

thank you so much for translating, koumori!

I feel like this would be an interesting thing as some kind of making-of documentary interview in the DVD. I always love her talking about the creative process behind her musical decisions.
Old 6th March 2021, 06:46 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
I still can't stop. I have to return to Ayumi Hamasaki properly.

I decided to live with her until that day.
It won't be long before she comes back to life, and that's the best form of "day" we want.
Sounds like this project has been sort of a revitalization for her and has inspired her in new ways moving forward.

Maybe we're actually entering a new era in Ayu's career and exciting things will be happening again Anyway, looking forward to Haru yo koi!
Old 6th March 2021, 06:47 PM
rainy day Initiate

Thank you! I had a feeling this entry would be important. It’s interesting how she takes responsibility for not living “ayumi hamasaki” to its full extent in recent years. Curious to see if there will be a shift from here on out, as she seems to be promising.
Old 6th March 2021, 07:01 PM
Because of You Initiate

sounds like she lost herself in the past few years and she's realized that now. This album is a wake-up call for her to bring "ayumi hamasaki" back to us.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 6th March 2021, 07:05 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Everything sounds super promising so far. Loving the preview and her voice in it
Old 6th March 2021, 07:17 PM
poker face Initiate

Wow, that was deep.

" I have to return to Ayumi Hamasaki properly."

I hope it means that we're gonna have anual releases again. Thank you for the translation.
Old 6th March 2021, 07:44 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Thank you so much for posting this translation of Ayu's message!

I'm very excited about this. Ayu is always at her best when she's fully devoted in heart, mind and soul to a project, and it seems like the weight of covering such an important song in Japanese culture made her feel committed to the highest creative standard.

I found the original song (or a version of it) on Youtube and the lyrics translation and I really love the vibe of the song.

I just watched the preview of Ayu's cover at the end of the A BALLADS 2 promo and the arrangement sounds downright royal, fit for a queen taking on a traditional song. And she looks spectacular in the video.

I can't wait for the final version to come out!!
Old 6th March 2021, 07:54 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Wow! First, thank you for the translation!

This was deep. Ayu is inspired after all these "lost" years.

I think we are about to witness a new Ayu. So exciting!
Old 6th March 2021, 07:54 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Thank you so much for sharing! I love everything she said Would it be ok if I translate this to spanish? please let me know!
Old 6th March 2021, 07:56 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
Thank you so much for sharing! I love everything she said Would it be ok if I translate this to spanish? please let me know!
Of course, although I would encourage you to be ready to re-translate parts as soon as we get a better translation (I'm assuming someone else will jump in with more nuanced corrections by tomorrow). There's no need for the spanish ayu fan community to wait for the main message of this though imo
Old 6th March 2021, 08:02 PM
Voyage Initiate

Wow, thank you so much for the translation koumori. Reading this really put a smile on my face!
Old 6th March 2021, 09:08 PM
Love song H-Initiate

looks like she put a lot of efford into this
Old 6th March 2021, 09:15 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post

Of course, although I would encourage you to be ready to re-translate parts as soon as we get a better translation (I'm assuming someone else will jump in with more nuanced corrections by tomorrow). There's no need for the spanish ayu fan community to wait for the main message of this though imo
Thank you so much!! I'll credit you properly of course!
Old 6th March 2021, 09:34 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Thanks so much for the translation!!
Exciting times ahead if Ayu is ready to properly come back and create magic again! This should be an interesting year!
Old 6th March 2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Thank you! I had a feeling this entry would be important. It’s interesting how she takes responsibility for not living “ayumi hamasaki” to its full extent in recent years. Curious to see if there will be a shift from here on out, as she seems to be promising.
Same here. Earlier, when I read the entry on TA, I kind of felt "relieved" when she started talking about 「浜崎あゆみ」and how she has to properly return to her and how she felt she didn't put that much dedication into anything for years now, but how this changed by recreating 春よ、来い and she kind of opened her eyes after sleeping and is finally herself again.
Some of us are always attacked when we dare to criticise that 浜崎あゆみ is somehow gone and that her spirit is missing. People get crazy over stating this, because they say she would put her all into it. But I can't say I feel she put her everything into much the last few years. Now she acknowledged that she didn't, but that she wants to go back to that 浜崎あゆみ and I really really hope she comes back.
Old 6th March 2021, 10:12 PM
SEASONS Initiate

^Im on the same boat as you both. I’m glad she acknowledged it, and that she feels like returning the lost essence to Hamasaki Ayumi. Really hoping it is true and not another reason to hype us for this release tho. But knowing pray for you is done and not included on AB2, something seems to be on the works for sure. And if damn pandemics come to an end somewhere in the next months (year (?)) hope she can fulfill her desires performing wise, which she loves the most. Her 25th it’s not so far...hopefully the Hamasaki Ayumi we all want will be back to properly celebrate. Or maybe we’re reading too much into it and she’s referring to coming back to performing as she has always done until it became impossible lol

Last edited by Toniayu123; 6th March 2021 at 10:21 PM.
Old 6th March 2021, 10:21 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Same here. Earlier, when I read the entry on TA, I kind of felt "relieved" when she started talking about 「浜崎あゆみ」and how she has to properly return to her and how she felt she didn't put that much dedication into anything for years now, but how this changed by recreating 春よ、来い and she kind of opened her eyes after sleeping and is finally herself again.
Some of us are always attacked when we dare to criticise that 浜崎あゆみ is somehow gone and that her spirit is missing. People get crazy over stating this, because they say she would put her all into it. But I can't say I feel she put her everything into much the last few years. Now she acknowledged that she didn't, but that she wants to go back to that 浜崎あゆみ and I really really hope she comes back.
I agree with everything you said. Its nice to have our thoughts validated by Ayumi herself. Now if only she doesn't half ass this release by not re singing anything. we can start with that lol
Old 6th March 2021, 10:43 PM
No way to say Initiate

OMG I got shivers reading this! I think I can totally understand her feelings, so relatable!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 6th March 2021, 10:45 PM
Two of us Initiate

Thanks for translating this!

I'm thrilled to see Ayu so happy to be working on something. I've only recently discovered Yumi Matsutoya, and she seems very cool--very creative and interesting, much like Ayu herself. I'm not at all surprised that Ayu found inspiration in her.

Recently albums are making much less money than singles in the music business. A single is released with lots of pomp, tied into products and video and whatever, and serves as a project in itself. I think that style suits Ayu very well. She can put so much into crafting each song/lyrics/video/product she works on without filler.

My hope is that she'll start doing interesting projects with each single. Her albums don't sell as well anymore, but each digital single can become a small piece of art on its own and give her the time and space to maybe start writing her own music again, even!

Tags
haru yo koi, teamayu