[Koda Kumi] The 207th Thread - Take a Walk in the Summer of '21 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2021, 10:01 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

we better have girls selfish on it, or i'll strike
Old 16th September 2021, 10:42 PM
Initiate

If we go by technicality Selfish, 24 and SHAKE IT are part of the DVD single girls ~selfish~, so we can hope at least the PVs are there for the BD. SHAKE IT was one of the few videos that didn't make to her youtube channel. Getting all the PVs on BD would be great, even if it were only the PVs prior to Bon Voyage, but I doubt it will include much more than the singles.

As for album tracks/b sides that might be there on the CD,I think we might see: girls, Lady Go, UNIVERSE, LOADED, IS THIS TRAP.

And for unreleased PVs, NEVER GIVE IT UP and SO FEVER happen without anyone knowing about them, at least Kimi Omoi we knew she was filming something and she even shared some pictures with the FC, so she might have more videos somewhere we have no idea about it.
Old 16th September 2021, 10:59 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I always forget the songs from girls ~Selfish~ were singles lol Well, Selfish was included in BEST ~first things~ so it should make it to this selection, even if it's the only track they add.

I would love to see an extended video for Star, it makes no sense to me that they had all that set-up only to shot Kumi for half of it I never quite understood that... Wonder if there were more scenaries and they scrapped them... btw Star is an incredibly underrated song, I hope that in the making of this album Kumi came across older gems and will give them some attention on her next tour.

Speaking of which, do you guys think there will be a live tour to support this compilation next year? Even if it's a short one, I would love her to do so.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 16th September 2021 at 11:05 PM.
Old 16th September 2021, 11:32 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Thought the same (To me, promotional songs from albums are kind-of singles too).

I just noticed my FC membership expired. Thinking of renewing it just for this. Until when do i need to order?
You can order directly from the playroom online store without an FC membership.

https://shop.mu-mo.net/avx/sv/list1?...ateg_id=800207
Old 17th September 2021, 02:32 AM
Initiate

@Gustavopc I also love Star, the First Things 2005 performance is great. It's hard to know if it had more scenes because you can't see anything else from the making of, but I wonder if they had plans to make the PV more related to the tie-in (it was a song for the Nintendo DS game Urusei Yatsura: Endless Summer). It would make sense since the opening of the game shows Lum coming to Earth and all. I wouldn't be surprised if it was going to be a mix between anime and her few scenes sitting by the window. We all know she loves Urusei Yatsura, and ended up having a collab for Suki de a couple of years ago, also COLOR OF SOUL almost went the anime route, so who knows.

Old 17th September 2021, 04:50 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Speaking of which, do you guys think there will be a live tour to support this compilation next year? Even if it's a short one, I would love her to do so.
Was thinking this as well, but I wonder if it’s too soon after best single collection and it would be too similar? Of course they could combine with angel/monster maybe and whatever new songs.

I guess I’m trying to say is I wonder how they would market it differently so it’s not so similar the best single collection.
Old 17th September 2021, 04:05 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Last chance to get the XXKK FC box, for those who might want to order!
Preorder went till September 16th, but Kuu just posted there are some boxes left, so they extended the preorder period till Monday, September 20th!
Or till the rest of the boxes is gone.
Actually I only saw that preorder is not only quantity but also time limited by chance visiting the FC shop.
Usually FC stuff is not time limited, just with quantity.

The standing fans from the talkshow tour are gonna be sold online starting September 18th as well.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 17th September 2021, 05:36 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

no one is buying that lol
Old 17th September 2021, 05:46 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _XXKK_ View Post
Who put salt in your coffee this morning? I bought it and am really looking forward to receiving it, actually
Old 17th September 2021, 06:45 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Yeah, me too, really looking forward to it!
Much more than to the best album actually.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 17th September 2021, 07:03 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Kuu's fans' spending $ is not to be under estimated

You already saw that for her 1st digital fanclub kuji & I never thought a kuji can get sold out , let alone twice O_o

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 17th September 2021, 07:37 PM
SEASONS Initiate

She could be releasing only to her fanclub and still make a living. Well, it’s basically what she’s doing now anyway.
Old 17th September 2021, 10:34 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
Kuu's fans' spending $ is not to be under estimated

You already saw that for her 1st digital fanclub kuji & I never thought a kuji can get sold out , let alone twice O_o
whats in that XXKK Box anyways?

I kind already made up my mind to buy the 8CD best-of although i don't even need it. To be fair - among the JPop Artists she is probably the one with the best packages, deals and merch. Designs are hit or miss on a personal level but i would definitely buy something at every event.

That said, I think there is much more creative room to everything (especially when you compare it to Kpop packaging - I bet she could pull those of too).
Old 17th September 2021, 11:38 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ Corvina shared a great list here, basically another bonus book and a calendar.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 18th September 2021, 06:35 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Yeah, me too, really looking forward to it!
Much more than to the best album actually.
Same, it's been a while since we got something like this. The last non-music related box set was BRAZIL and that was 10 years ago unless I'm forgetting something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
whats in that XXKK Box anyways?

I kind already made up my mind to buy the 8CD best-of although i don't even need it. To be fair - among the JPop Artists she is probably the one with the best packages, deals and merch. Designs are hit or miss on a personal level but i would definitely buy something at every event.

That said, I think there is much more creative room to everything (especially when you compare it to Kpop packaging - I bet she could pull those of too).
A friend of mine asked why I'm buying the best album since I already own all of the songs but aside from the fact that I want to have a complete collection of all of KK releases I'm very curious to see what the box set is going to look like (11 discs in total). In fact more interested in its design than the content. lol As I doubt we are going to get anything rare / new / unreleased.

I feel like last year they were testing the waters with MNI... CD release, it was limited but sold out very fast so I'm not surprised that the decision has been made to put out a proper single collection.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 18th September 2021, 07:50 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
I did !
Old 18th September 2021, 10:57 AM
Because of You Initiate

if I had the money i'd probably buy the beauty book and the 8cd version I know it's going to be really beautiful and high quality! I'll see what Ic an doo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
3CD version will be selected singles while 8CD will have every single
I see! thank you!
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 21st September 2021, 12:02 AM
Voyage Initiate

Looking forward to the tracklist reveal!
Old 21st September 2021, 07:34 AM
I am... Initiate

Kuu was announced as one of the artists participating in the SPEED tribute album that will be released on November 11th.

It’s the group’s 25th anniversary and it’s said to be covers of their “soulful” songs.

It doesn’t seem like they have announced what song she will be covering yet.

https://rhythmzone.net/koda/news/detail.php?id=1094420
Old 21st September 2021, 07:35 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Posted on Twitter

https://twitter.com/25thSpeed/status...18827505782784

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 21st September 2021 at 06:14 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi; queen of live