What’s your dream Ayu’s 25th anniversary celebration? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 29th April 2022, 01:17 AM
Depend on you Initiate

What’s your dream Ayu’s 25th anniversary celebration?

Since we’re celebrating Ayu’s 24th anniversary since debut this year and her 25th will be next year it got me thinking. 25 years since the beginning of your mainstream career is such a huge milestone that surely it warrants something grand to go along with it. (Not like how The Sims 4 team celebrated the 20th anniversary of the franchise by adding one (1) hot tub to the game, something that was previously available via DLC.) So I’m asking you guys: what would be your dream celebration for Ayu’s 25th year anniversary? Obviously we know she’s probs gonna hold a concert or a tour so there’s no need to mention that, but I’m gonna list a couple of things that could be cute if she did. Feel free to pick out of any of these or add more because I do not know how to add polls to posts

- A Song for XX re-release: Something like a re-mastered version like she did for A Best and Loveppears or maybe even a re-recording of the album. She could include “Two of us” as a bonus track or release a box set that includes a Blu-ray with the remastered MVs and special editions of the singles released from the album that include alternate versions of the songs she has released throughout her career (kinda like what she did on the 4th disc of the Loveppears/Appears 20th anniversary album)

- Updated all-time best album: We all know that ayu loves herself a best album to release when she doesn’t feel like making new material, so I feel like it would be cute for her to do an updated A Complete type album that includes all her singles since 2008. I know this isn’t a super exciting idea considering the sheer amount of best albums Ayu has, but I think it could be a good way to bring attention to her newer material and if she re-records/remasters/rearranges some or all of the songs it could make it all the more worthwhile to purchase or stream to the album.

- New studio/mini-album: If ayu’s already releasing a new album in the Fall, I guess releasing a new original album less than a year later would be pretty hard… but not impossible. She’s done it before and I’m sure she’s capable of doing it again! Even if it is just a mini album, she could make one where she dedicates songs to the fans or revisits old genres and concepts in a new, modern way. This is the one that’s least possible in my opinion but I can only dream…

- First world tour/Promoting outside the East Asia sphere: I know that Ayu sticks to East Asia when touring and promoting her music because it’s a safe choice, people already know her and are guaranteed to go to her shows and buy her music. However, it’s not the only place Ayu fans exist and this forum is the biggest evidence of that. She already knows that because we’ve seen her do English interviews (most famously with CNN), she’s attended events in Europe and taken pictures with fans there, and her music has been used in popular media that is consumed around the globe. Obviously English isn’t the *only* language, but I feel like it’s so largely spoken that if Ayu started to follow Hikki’s footsteps and promote more or tour even if just in Anglophone countries, it would be a step in the right direction into knowing more and seeing other sides of her directly from her mouth. (also I wanna see her live super bad but if she’s not touring not even North America, can’t really expect her to touch Latin America or the Caribbean x_x)

I’m gonna end this right here cuz there’s sooo much more she could do and obviously I don’t mean her doing all of this at once cuz she’s just one person and even if she has a whole team behind her I can only imagine how taxing and exhausting it is to even do just one of these. But I do hope that she does something big for such a huge milestone in her career. Let’s just hope she doesn’t pull a Namie and retires on us because me and surely all of you would be really sad T-T

tl;dr: what should ayu do for her 25th anniversary?

Old 29th April 2022, 10:09 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Entire discography on vinyl!
Old 29th April 2022, 11:33 AM
SEASONS Initiate

I’m sure will just get a new compilation of some kind and that’s it but one can dream... I’d like her to release a 17 track brand new album in which each track is reminiscent of all her previous albums. First song in the vein of a song for xx, second for loveppears, third duty and so on.
Old 29th April 2022, 05:04 PM
As if.. Initiate

New album

Recreate her iconic album covers (Duty, I am, MY STORY).
Music video featuring her career from her debut to 25th
Old 29th April 2022, 11:58 PM
SURREAL Initiate

A vinyl release of her discography would be awesome!

I'd love a tribute album as well, just a bunch of artists singing her songs and celebrating her.

A concert recreating some her most iconic performances would be cool too, kinda like BEST of COUNT DOWN LIVE 2006-2007 A but updated of course, I KNOW avex has the flying ship from Asia Tour 2008 hidden somewhere and it would be cool to see it again lol
Old 30th April 2022, 12:44 AM
Initiate

Tribute album. Doesn’t cost her a thing and would be so much fun!!
Old 30th April 2022, 01:50 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbellz View Post
New album

Recreate her iconic album covers (Duty, I am, MY STORY).
Music video featuring her career from her debut to 25th
I love the recreation idea, cuz it can be something like what Mariah did for MOAIA which was released a year before her 20th anniversary of her debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPL View Post
Tribute album. Doesn’t cost her a thing and would be so much fun!!
This would be very interesting and I wonder what artists she would enlist to make the new recordings of her songs. I would love to see artists from all different parts of the world just to showcase how much of a global pop superstar Ayu really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
Entire discography on vinyl!
Considering the rise in vinyl sales in the past few years I’m surprised she hasn’t hopped on the trend yet, I would love to see her iconic album covers such as Loveppears (I know one of the vinyl pressings of the “appears” single featured the album cover but I don’t believe it’s widely available to purchase) and (miss)understood (just for the giggles) on a nice big 12” x 12” image

Old 30th April 2022, 02:56 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

This is a great question, and I’ll probably come back to write more, but seeing as y2k is going to be trending even more in Japan next year (Japan is slower on foreign trends lol), it would be really awesome if Ayu and her team capitalized on her domination of that era.

Some sort of pop up with her videos playing and various outfits on display, remix albums blasting, rereleased albums available… something immersive.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 1st May 2022, 05:02 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Isn't there only 1 business in the world still making vinyl records? The other one burned down iirc

The backlog for vinyl records can be months now. I missed the few hours preorder time for Taeyeon's INVU on vinyl and it releases in December......stock allocation was almost instantly exhausted and I'll probably never own it lol

They might do a TA vote for which 1 or 2 albums to release to the format though

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 2nd May 2022, 04:44 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
Isn't there only 1 business in the world still making vinyl records? The other one burned down iirc

The backlog for vinyl records can be months now. I missed the few hours preorder time for Taeyeon's INVU on vinyl and it releases in December......stock allocation was almost instantly exhausted and I'll probably never own it lol

They might do a TA vote for which 1 or 2 albums to release to the format though
Yeah which is crazy cuz vinyls have somehow surpassed CD sales in the recent years (which either way is nothing compared to streaming and digitals) but you'd think there's more companies pressing them. Marina's
(and the Diamonds) new anniversary edition of Electra Heart came out digitally last Friday but doesn't come out on LP until SEPTEMBER... I kinda wish there was a CD edition for it cuz I already have the original album on LP

Old 2nd May 2022, 06:03 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I wish ayu celebrates her 25th anniversary by quitting avex and establishing her own label

...That not gonna happen but I'll be happy if she re-release another album or we get some of her discography on vinyl as well

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 2nd May 2022, 08:25 AM
Initiate

I really want her to do the below for 25th!

1. A new celebratory single

2. Hold an intimate acoustic concert (something like the maihama amphitheater) and just herself and the band, no dancers! People need to know ayu is also a good singer. Bluray live can be included in the new compilation album.

3. 2 x CDS (Vinyl) Compilation album (consist of maybe 30-40 songs) with new vocal/music arrangement. Special box Bluray to include POM 2018, JTB CHAPER 2, JTB CDL 2016-2017, TROUBLE CDL 2018-2019 and the new acoustic concert.

Avex please hire me to do all that! It’s kinda disturbing that how her voice has changed from the beginning till now, i need a compilation album with her current voice.
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~, 7th Apr (6) & 8th Apr 2018 (7)
Countdown Live 2019 - 2020 ~Promised Land~, 31st Dec 2019 (8)
25th Anniversary Live, 8th Apr 2023 (9)
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 18th Aug 2023 (10) — LUCKY BOY!!!

Last edited by adrtwb; 3rd May 2022 at 01:46 AM.
Old 5th May 2022, 05:14 PM
from your letter Initiate

For her 25th Anniversary, I want her to release the rare and full concert of "1999 Secret Live at Akasaka Blitz."

Ayu-fan since 2018
Old 15th May 2022, 03:40 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

25th Monster.
Old 18th May 2022, 10:02 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I want album with studio versions of live editions
Like rock M, ourselves, etc

A LIVE
Old 18th May 2022, 03:38 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post

A LIVE
I really like this idea too! she has some really great live versions of certain songs
Old 30th May 2022, 07:07 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
I really like this idea too! she has some really great live versions of certain songs
this is such a good idea!!! she basically just have to re-cord them and make some adjustments to the produced works!
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~, 7th Apr (6) & 8th Apr 2018 (7)
Countdown Live 2019 - 2020 ~Promised Land~, 31st Dec 2019 (8)
25th Anniversary Live, 8th Apr 2023 (9)
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 18th Aug 2023 (10) — LUCKY BOY!!!
Old 1st June 2022, 03:07 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post

A LIVE
I would love to hear some of her earlier songs re-recorded in a lower key, like For My Dear… for the CDL 2008-09

Old 1st June 2022, 02:12 PM
Who... Initiate

If she really celebrated her whole career from the beginning until her 25th Anniversary would be awesome.

It would be amazing if she made her concert like chapters of her releases. 1 or 2 songs from every album with the order of release date.

something like show opening with 2 songs from A Song for ××, song or two from LOVEppears, song or two from Duty and so on.. and if she would sing like one popular song and one gem would be amazing the themes and costumes could be something from the era of the release she performs. like something 1999s for ASf×× and LOVEppears, something from 2000 for Duty etc

1. A Song for ××
2. Trust
3. monochrome
4. P.S 2
3. SURREAL
4. girlish etc

other tour idea that would be awesome is something Gaga did for Vegas. every other night would be party and really strong performances and every other could be very chilled out stage with her singing something with just a guitar or piano, soft ballads and acapella versions just her and fans together in smaller venues she could be wearing something like when she was singing Life on TV back in 2011

I don't have any wishes for release but if she did something, I hope it's something strong like Mirrorcle World and Tell All. They are my 2 favourite songs from her
Old 2nd June 2022, 07:50 PM
monochrome Initiate

*ALL TIME BEST ALBUM... 8 CD (like koda kumi) featuring a selection of songs made by ayu and her fans (all remastered) + a Bluray disc with a selection of MV and live performances (including unreleased performances from concerts/a-nation)

*Remastered 25th anniversary edition of A Song for ××... released on a box set with a photobook with unreleased photos, notes from ayu, a bluray disc with MVs and CMs, some goods and a Bluray disc with the Secret Live Concert from 1999.

*A special one night celebration concert at Tokyo Dome.

*A docummentary of her 25 years with unseen footage.

...and maybe a digital release of all her albums remastered or extended versions, idk....

104107786-255521779225266-5882138093421857939-ncopia
ig: eldannybazan / tumblr: ayuminamieworld

Tags
album, anniversary, but not really, poll, tour