[KAT-TUN] SIX SENSES -The 6th Official KAT-TUN Thread- - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th July 2008, 03:57 AM
fairyland Initiate

SIX SENSES -The 6th Official KAT-TUN Thread-

KAT-TUN version 6.0
IT'S BIGGER. BRIGHTER. CRACKIER.

- KAT-TUN is a record-breaking talento group under Johnny's Entertainment. they might have made their musical debut in 2006 with the million-selling single "Real Face", but they've been a solid unit since 2001. They were initially a temporary backdancing unit for KinKi Kids' Koichi Domoto, but since fans loved them so much, the unit remained. they were the most successful Johnny's Junior unit to ever emerge from the company, seeing as KAT-TUN was the ONLY Johnny's Jr. group that can fill concert venues. their 2nd live concert DVD, KAT-TUN Live Kaizokuban, remains Japan's best selling concert DVD selling up to 400,000+ copies. and they weren't even full fledged musicians when it was released.

so when KAT-TUN finally made their debut, they smashed records with their triple release of a CD single (Real Face), a CD album (Best of KAT-TUN), and DVD (Real Face Film). Real Face Film became the best selling DVD from any artist, Real Face beat out fellow JE group Arashi's "A.RA.SHI" single, for the highest 1st week sales by a group, & Best of KAT-TUN also reached number 1. they were the 2nd artist to get #1 for all three spots, the first being Ms. Ayumi Hamasaki! every single since Real Face has reached the number 1 position w/ over 300,000+ copies sold its first week alone. i think it's safe to say that no other j-pop act can mirror their first week sales.

thus said, it wasn't always a bright light for KAT-TUN. at one point, they almost accepted the fact that they weren't going to debut, since they have waited 5 full years and have seen fellow their fellow comrades debut before them. they almost broke up because it was no secret that the boys did not enjoy each other's company. there was jealousy circulating around late 2005 when it was announced that Kazuya Kamenashi was going to have a one-time CD single release, "Seishun Amigo", with NEWS member Tomohisa Yamashita. and finally, member Jin Akanishi took a 6 month hiatus to study abroad at Los Angeles, CA just prior to the group's 3rd single release in late 2006.

despite all this, KAT-TUN is a solid unit. they're stronger than ever. they've taken all their bad (& good) experiences and pushed it towards their music, acting, and other TV appearances. they truly enjoy each other's company nowadays and are very active, as well as dedicated, towards their careers as Japanese idols. KAT-TUN consists of 6 very different characters. but as a group, they function as one unit.

"If KAT-TUN were anything, we would be nail polish. There are lots of different colors, and they compete on your nails in accordance with their own personality and preferences." --HEART BEAT KAT-TUN (Potato March 2008)

_MEMBER ROLL CALL
Kamenashi Kazuya (亀梨和也)

- Kame is the baby of the group!
- despite being the youngest, he's probably the most matured one!
- he claims he's very bad at writing songs, but ironically enough, he wrote one of KAT-TUN's most recognized songs, "Kizuna" (it's a solo for the CD version on Seishun Amigo). he also wrote "SPECIAL HAPPINESS", a duet song sung by Kame & Junno.
- the writer of "Tatta Hitotsu no Koi", Kitagawa Eriko, wrote the drama with Kame in mind for the lead!
- he's very fashion oriented. he's been Best Jeanist for the past 2 years.
- he has 3 brothers. & they pretty much look just like him. OMGHOTT, RIGHT?
- he has 2 million selling singles under his belt, Seishun Amigo along with YamaPi & Real Face w/ KAT-TUN.

Akanishi Jin (赤西仁)

- loves Western culture and is heavily influenced by his experiences in LA.
- he is best friends with YamaPi, the DV (Nishikido Ryo), & Shirota Yuu.
- he has 1 brother, Akanishi Reio. and his mom gave birth to him at a ripe age of 14.
- homeboy hates to lose.
- he writes most, if not all, of his solos. his most notorious one is probably "ha-ha". PLZ WATCH
- "PINKY" is quite scandalous also: WHO BE THAT GURL THERE?
- he's been in Gokusen 2 with Kame. He also starred in anego & Yuukan Club.

Taguchi Junnosuke (田口淳之介)

- he's the tallest member!
- he had surgery on his leg around 2004 and KAT-TUN was a 5 member group back then too. XD;;
- he's known for his very lame jokes and puns.
- he's left-handed!
- he replaced Uchi Hiroki in Ganbatte Ikimasshoi, since he got caught with underage drinking. he's also been in Happy!, Happy! 2, Hanayome to Papa, & Yuukan Club with fellow JE member Yokoyama Yuu & group member Akanishi Jin.
- he's skilled in acrobats and probably the smoothest dancer in KAT-TUN
- he's the only member that doesn't write or attempt to write his own solo songs. he usually gets famous people like Micro of Def Tech or Anchang from SEXMACHINEGUNS to do so. LOL.

Tanaka Koki (田中聖)

- he's the rapper of the group.
- his pen name is JOKER. he's written most of his solo songs and he's also the genius who penned "SIX SENSES".
- even though he looks gangsta~, he's very sweet and sensitive.
- he's close with Nakamaru Yuichi and used to do comedic skits with him at concerts.
- his little brother, Tanaka Juri, is managed by Johnny's Ent too!
- he's the only other member other than Kame to win at the Japanese Drama Awards (Best Supporting Actor for "My Boss, My Hero").
- he was at a University, but withdrew due to his busy schedule.

Ueda Tatsuya (上田竜也)

- our resident Gackt fanboy. he even had a period in life where he kinda looked like him.
- he enjoys boxing!
- he's the only member that hasn't done any solo activities, like drama, solo stageplay, etc. HE HAS A SOLO CON THIS COMING SEPTEMBER! YAY!
- once claimed to see fairies! but, once he turned 20, he couldn't see them anymore.
- he's close with Nakamaru Yuichi, since they were in the same Johnny's Junior unit (M.A.D. = Musical Academy Dancing, LOL) before he was placed in KAT-TUN.
- he is a S type. (S = sadist) LOL.
- he writes his solos too. he had a hand in composing his solo, "Ai no Hana" as well.

Nakamaru Yuichi (中丸雄一)

- he is known for his human beatbox.
- In May 2008, he announced that he was going to major in Environmental Science at Waseda University.
- he starred in the j-drama "Sushi Oji!" with his senpai Domoto Koichi. he was also in "Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo~Kyuuketsuki Densetsu Satsujin Jiken" with Tanaka Koki & Kamenashi Kazuya.
- he is the most dependable guy and is often the peacemaker when KAT-TUN gets into fights.
- he was the only member that had contact with Jin when he was in LA.
- like most other members, he pens his solos. i love Key of life
- his trademark body part is his huge nose. XD;;

_DISCOGRAPHY

SINGLES
01. Real Face | #1 | 1,038,430 | #1 YEARLY SINGLE - 2006
02. SIGNAL | #1 | 566,233
03. Bokura no Machi de (僕らの街で) | #1 | 558,491
04. Yorokobi no Uta (喜びの歌) | #1 | 373,215
05. Keep the faith | #1 | 459,919
06. LIPS | #1 | 421,902
07. DON'T U EVER STOP | #1 | 441,097* STILL SELLING

ALBUMS
01. Best of KAT-TUN | #1 | 743,359
02. cartoon KAT-TUN II You | #1 | 354,973
03. KAT-TUN III -Queen of Pirates- | #1 | 271,761* STILL SELLING

SINGLE/ALBUM SALES: 5 MILLION+ (5,223,215) SINCE DEBUT (2 YRS)

DVDS
01. Okyakusama wa Kamisama - Concert 55 Man Nin Ai no Request ni Kotaete!! (お客様は神サマーConcert 55万人愛のリクエストに応えて!!)
02. DREAM BOY [Takizawa Hideaki, KAT-TUN, & KANJANI8]
03. SUMMARY of Johnny's World [KAT-TUN & NEWS]
04. KAT-TUN Live Kaizokuban (KAT-TUN Live 海賊帆) | BEST-SELLING MUSIC CONCERT DVD/VIDEO OF ALL TIME
05. Real Face Film | BEST-SELLING MUSIC DVD/VIDEO OF ALL TIME
06. DREAM BOYS [KAT-TUN vs. KANJANI8]
07. Live of KAT-TUN "Real Face"
08. TOUR 2007 cartoon KAT-TUN II You
09. DREAM BOYS 2007

DVD SALES: 1 MILLION+ (1,333,627) REPORTED

SALES CREDITS TO: KAT-TUN'S WIKI.THEPPN PAGE!

_WHAT ARE THEY DOING NOW? / FUTURE EVENTS
01. KAT-TUN LIVE TOUR 2008 QUEEN OF PIRATES : 06.21.08 START AT HIROSHIMA - 08.05.08 FINAL AT TOKYO DOME (TOTAL: 4 DOME APPEARANCES)
02. cartoon KAT-TUN (カートゥンKAT-TUN) : NTV Variety Show : AIRS EVERY WEDNESDAY 11:55-12:26 PM.
03. Ueda Tatsuya Solo Concert (上田竜也 ソロコンサート) : 09.08.08 START - 09.21.08 FINAL (JOHNNY'S THEATER at TOKYO)
04. Nakamaru-kun no Tanoshii Jikan (中丸君の楽しい時間) : 08.10.08 START AT TOKYO - 09.02.08 FINAL AT OSAKA
05. ...being awesome? / continuing their awesome-ness.

_USEFUL SITES
01. J-ONE RECORDS: KAT-TUN'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE
02. JOHNNY'S NET (JOHNNY'S ENTERTAINMENT OFFICIAL WEBSITE)
03. LJ COMMUNITY: KATTUNLOVE
04. LJ COMMUNITY: JONE_RECORDS

GFX: made by the queen of piratesme!
it's meant to be funny! i love to pick on my Johnny boys. if you don't get the humor, I WILL MAKE YOU GET IT. literally. like some youtube clips or something. haha.

have a great time posting. limit the spam. spread the kame love. PEACE! OF CAKE (JINGLISH FANGIRLS HOLLA!)

ごめんNOT TAKING GFX REQUESTS.
{ T W I T T E R T U M B L R }
l l M O M E N T S l l × G O T

Old 4th July 2008, 04:00 AM
SAKURA Initiate

OMG these graphics are hilarious, irene! you seriously are awesome, haha.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 4th July 2008, 04:01 AM
KaoriNeko

OMG! I love these GFX! I think the Arashi thread needs some of these...
And I love the title too~ PERFECT!
Old 4th July 2008, 04:08 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Ohhh those pictures are so old lol @ Junnos quotes..I LOVE YOU and Ryo/Tego>>>RyoDa !

I really liked Koki's hair back then

V6 - Ai Nanda ♪
made by ll moments ll! ♥♥♥

Last edited by ♥ you!; 4th July 2008 at 04:12 AM.
Old 4th July 2008, 04:24 AM
fairyland Initiate

U CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH LIVE KAIZOKUBAN PICTURES! srsly, they all looked so hot at the time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIN!

Old 4th July 2008, 04:35 AM
KaoriNeko

YAAAAAAY~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIN!
WE ALL LOVE YOU AND YOUR LOVEJUICE!!!

....ya, that just sounds bizarre.
Old 4th July 2008, 05:13 AM
fairyland Initiate

oh my... LOL.

i can't believe JinJin is 24 now! he's grown a lot. i'll miss chibi Jin and his. WHY JENNIFER?, CAR SHRIMP, & I AM PUNCH.

now we get cursing like a sailor Jin.

Old 4th July 2008, 08:40 AM
BEST Initiate

^ do you happen to know where i can get the clip of Jin yelling out "WHY JENNIFER" ? ^^

o wow it's jin's b-day! i wasnt aware of that

Happy 24th b-day Jin!! <3

lmao the new thread pics are great
i totally agree with you kaori! the next arashi thread should have these too
Old 4th July 2008, 12:30 PM
Initiate

those profile pics just pawn all other threads profile pics. You must must must make these for the arashi thread<3

and yes

man he's getting older ,but no worries Jin's still sexy I feel like watching Jinglish videos now XD

Old 4th July 2008, 12:45 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

waw. today is JIN bday??

HAPPY BDAY,JIN

SELAMAT ULANG TAHUN
Old 4th July 2008, 04:18 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

WAHAHAHAHAHA. ILUSM IRENE-SAMAAAAHHH~
*WORSHIPPING TIME*

" I also have a brain "

Happy Birthday Jinjin~~
Wish you the besst~~

this is "do or die", baby.

♥ made by pepicoladas

Old 4th July 2008, 05:59 PM
Heartplace Initiate

happy belated birthday to Jin!!!

irene-chan, you're really great at making graphics!!
thanks for making the new thread again! =)
and I like you wrote 'irene and jen-chan love me'!! 3QQQ~~~

yup irene-chan, there are afew fansites where they help fangirls to order concert goods. you can take a look at these links below:
http://easybreezy-js.livejournal.com/8382.html#cutid1
http://blurrytown.livejournal.com/5656.html#cutid1

♥♥ Kamenashi Kazuya ♥♥

♪♪♪ Music is my life ♪♪♪

Old 5th July 2008, 01:59 AM
KaoriNeko

WTF. Third page? UM NO~ Thank God my family thing ended earlier today!
Thanks for the links Jen-chan~ <3

Has Jin changed from his junior days? He looks A LOT different, like I was surprised. But he looked really good with blond hair, like he's one of the only asians who can pull it off without looking like an asian with blond hair. He looked white. O.O;

EDIT;; Didn't want to double post, but Jin's Cinema Square scans are out!!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?0b2zlnvdhmx
Thanks to vitkay@kattunlove on LJ.

Last edited by KaoriNeko; 5th July 2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 6th July 2008, 12:52 AM
fairyland Initiate

ayupi - i used to have YouTube links for it, but they took them down. YOUTUBE DESTROYS MEMORIES. LOL.

jen-chan - OF COURSE! WE'RE THE BIGGEST KAME FANGIRLS HERE! & thank you for the links! i'll look into them.

Kaori-chan - LOL. Jin was a chibi little baka when he was smaller. HE WAS ADORABLE. his attempts at english were just. precious. BUT THEN HE GOT DIVA ON ME. DX but, i love him still. hehe. i guess we'll never see jin-dresses-like-a-cat moments ever again.

KAME/GROUP JOHNNY'S SHOP PICS FROM -QOP-!

LOL @ GANGSTA~ AKAKAME.

Old 6th July 2008, 03:48 AM
KaoriNeko

Kame's perm is seriously killing me. Like it's so gross. LOL
I love his pirate costume though, he looks really sexy.

XD Jin does seem like a total diva.
Old 6th July 2008, 05:04 AM
fairyland Initiate

i heard (read?) the perm's shorter now. idk. XD;; the con reports really made it sound bad, but when i saw pics, i didn't think it was as bad as people said it was. i thought the perm he sported at Utawara that one time when it was on air was like, a thousand times worse.

Jin's a diva, yes. but, a lovable one! there is a distinct change from 2005-2006 Jin diva and now. i much prefer the "now". i like the honest, snarky personality he's sporting.

Old 6th July 2008, 05:24 AM
KaoriNeko

SRSLY?! I just had an amazing simile to describe Kame's hair, but I totally lost it! ARGH! >,<; It looks so - bizarre. I liked his short haircut in that photoshoot with him and Jin back to back. It looked so good! He needs short hair again...or Gokusen 2 hair.

LOL. Jin is an adorable diva. He really has that diva-ish air about him though, huh? lol
Old 6th July 2008, 05:38 AM
fairyland Initiate

^ hott set you got there. XD;;

i liked his G2 hair too! maybe with that Gokusen movie rumor, it will make a comeback. haha! but, i also liked his Tatta Hitotsu no Koi hair, before he changed it to black. BUT I LIKE THE BLACK TOO. D: i also approve of "LIPS" Kame, eyeliner included *squee* i basically like anything but the perm on Kame's head.

i pray it changes before the Tokyo Dome concerts since if they're planning on record for a DVD release, it would most likely be during those con dates.

it's kinda weird because i usually hate diva aspects in people, which is probably why it took me a while to love Ryo too (i didn't love him until i watched him in LF, LOL). Jin can pull it off.

Old 6th July 2008, 05:40 AM
KaoriNeko

OMG! Isn't my set hawt? Glad I made it ()

OMFG! I knew he changed the color in Tatta Hitotsu no Koi!! When it flash forwarded a couple years, I remember being like: WTF happened to Kame? He looks different!
And it was the hair!!!
I REALLY like him with black hair, like it's so sexy. Especially in the LIPS PV when he takes off his hat and shakes it around!

But you can't hate Jin - he'll cuss you out in English if you do.
Old 6th July 2008, 05:46 AM
fairyland Initiate

OHHH NIICE PHOTOSHOPZ SKILLZ.

yup, black hair Kame is certainly A+. but he likes changing his hair, it seems. haha, he's always different. at least the perm isn't permanent. XD;;

WELL, I WILL CURSE BACK AT HIM. >D

Closed Thread

Tags
boybands, johnny's entertainment, kat-tun