[Charts & Rankings] Official Oricon Thread ~Love songs~ - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd December 2010, 12:06 PM
Initiate

Not bad, but still lower than it deserves
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:28 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Knowing the trend of Ayu's sales, I think we can expect around 40k tops tomorrow, and already below 20k the day after. I doubt the first week sales can go above 160-170k.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 22nd December 2010, 12:46 PM
Connected Initiate

it was a good sales for ayu ^^

| PM me for set request |

Old 22nd December 2010, 12:52 PM
Heartplace Initiate

The sales for the first day are okay...but I hope that the sales will go up Up UP!!!!

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Old 22nd December 2010, 12:59 PM
Two of us Initiate

I'm a fan of Nami Tamaki, so when I see you all saying how "70k" is low... It's like "WHAT!?" Haha. This is like... Opposite world to me. These sales are really good! It's so amazing considering how long she's been in the music industry and she still charts & sells better than new artists. Even with little to no promotion, she still manages to just own just about anyone that goes up against her =D

GO AYU! =D

I think Love Songs will actually have higher and higher sales as the days go buy. It deserves to sell more thatn Rock N Roll Circus. It's a much better album =D

STAY OPTIMISTIC! =D I'm predicting 77k or 80k tomorrow! =D and 200-250k for the whole week =D
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:59 PM
BEST Initiate

No offense to anyone, but if you had really been expecting this album to sell more than RnR Circus, you were being pretty naive. With an established artist like Ayu that falls into a pattern, something really special needs to happen. There needs to be momentum. This album was released 8 months after RnRC, it had no "real" hit singles to support it and relatively few lives (the singles, that is.) Besides, we should all know by now that quality matters NOTHING to sales. Not in Japan, not anywhere.

But what I think is sadder is that some people are making such a fuss about it. Of course we'd all rather have her sales go up-who wouldn't?- but what matters is that STILL, despite everything, she's outselling most other artists. She's still there, she's doing great, we love her music, everybody's happy!

Having said that, I won't deny that I'm secretly hoping for better second and third days so she at least goes over 250k XD
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:00 PM
monochrome Initiate

weak :/

happy for #1 whatever

Old 22nd December 2010, 01:06 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

this album is so damn good! Loved all the singles and songs like love song and do it again make me love the album as a whole.
but guys don't worry about the sales... nowadays making a good album is an inversion for the next year's tour. Ayu's fanbase is strong, and its in the stage where she makes the money, the sales are not anymore important to determinate nothing
The only thing I can't understand is why they're always promoting the short versions of her pv's (it's ok for a single release to increase the sales, but damn... an album needs the best promotion possible!!!)
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:07 PM

I wrote to Santa that I want 1 million copies of Love songs. So till friday her sales will rise.
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:13 PM
still alone Initiate

Good job ayu!! she's number one!! i hope her sales at least reach 250k and then eventually 300k, since it is christmas i think it is possible ;p heres hoping!

set made my me

Old 22nd December 2010, 01:13 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I wrote to Santa that I want 1 million copies of Love songs. So till friday her sales will rise.
loving this!

Also, I didn't expect it to sell a lot. And I don't care anymore With this type of release schedule, we really can't expect monster sales anymore. Rock'n'Roll Circus was released when? Like, last month? I'm happy to have so much Ayu material on such a shirt time, don't care what it sells now.

However, if she ever has a tiny break and comes back with A BEST 3.. I'll be stalking the charts
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:16 PM
Over Initiate

^ i think that A BEST 3 will be release on her 15th anniversary ^_^

thanks ownsarai

Old 22nd December 2010, 01:16 PM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nackar_91 View Post
No offense to anyone, but if you had really been expecting this album to sell more than RnR Circus, you were being pretty naive. With an established artist like Ayu that falls into a pattern, something really special needs to happen. There needs to be momentum. This album was released 8 months after RnRC, it had no "real" hit singles to support it and relatively few lives (the singles, that is.) Besides, we should all know by now that quality matters NOTHING to sales. Not in Japan, not anywhere.

But what I think is sadder is that some people are making such a fuss about it. Of course we'd all rather have her sales go up-who wouldn't?- but what matters is that STILL, despite everything, she's outselling most other artists. She's still there, she's doing great, we love her music, everybody's happy!

Having said that, I won't deny that I'm secretly hoping for better second and third days so she at least goes over 250k XD
yep I kinda agree with you on the bold part..
I'm still happy coz Ayu still exists in the Japanese entertainment industry..and still could make her self a "solid place" among the other artists..so I'm pretty grateful and satisfied
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:40 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayurocks20 View Post
I'm a fan of Nami Tamaki, so when I see you all saying how "70k" is low... It's like "WHAT!?" Haha. This is like... Opposite world to me. These sales are really good! It's so amazing considering how long she's been in the music industry and she still charts & sells better than new artists. Even with little to no promotion, she still manages to just own just about anyone that goes up against her =D

GO AYU! =D

I think Love Songs will actually have higher and higher sales as the days go buy. It deserves to sell more thatn Rock N Roll Circus. It's a much better album =D

STAY OPTIMISTIC! =D I'm predicting 77k or 80k tomorrow! =D and 200-250k for the whole week =D
As Nackar already said, being optimistic pretty much equals being naive. Her album sales were on a decrease ever since I am... and Love songs doesn't have an outstanding hit and isn't doing better than Rock'n'Roll Circus did on Recochoku. The sales will most likely drop down by half tomorrow. Yes there are many artists doing worse than she is, but that can't possibly be used as an excuse for anything. There are other artists like B'z, DREAMS COME TRUE and Mr.Children who despite the fact they've been around for so long still sell amazingly well.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 22nd December 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:07 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I hope it will pass the 300,000 mark overall =)
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:33 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
As Nackar already said, being optimistic pretty much equals being naive. Her album sales were on a decrease ever since I am... and Love songs doesn't have an outstanding hit and isn't doing better than Rock'n'Roll Circus did on Recochoku. The sales will most likely drop down by half tomorrow. Yes there are many artists doing worse than she is, but that can't possibly be used as an excuse for anything. There are other artists like B'z, DREAMS COME TRUE and Mr.Children who despite the fact they've been around for so long still sell amazingly well.
I honestly wonder what makes them so popular still... It's obvious it's not the music. Not because they make bad music or anything but as someone mentioned quality doesn't matter on the charts. I know why Arashi is popular, but these three? Maybe B'z makes sense....

Anyway, I find no harm in hoping as long as you can deal with the reality. The reality is unless something big happens, her sales are not going to go up. But this album definitely deserves higher sales... But "deserve" got nothing to do with it.
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:43 PM
Initiate

^ I would argue they don't really try as much experimentation as Ayu does for a pop star. That's not to say Ayu is out there by western standards, but Japanese ones? Probably.

Plus there are likely some silly people who think girl pop star and don't see why she should have anything useful to say/sing past four albums, which... completely misses the point with Ayu entirely, but oh well. More fun for us.

This has nothing to do with the comment I'm responding to, but I hate whenever things get released with Ayu because sales threads like this become this giant worryfest about how sales are in some way connected to integrity and worth and success and so on and so forth. Ayu is successful, there's no doubting that. I personally don't think anyone can really base anything about one's music on sales considering crap like SNSD and AKB48 and other idol groups -- whether they're imported from Korea or homegrown in Japan -- sell so well and really don't have anything worthwhile to commend them... I mean, it's not like they're important or GOOD musicians. They're wind up dolls. That doesn't mean people can't like them, and I'm not saying anything against those who do, but look -- if things like THAT sell well, doesn't it suggest that high sales are never a reflection on what's GOOD but instead on what's POPULAR?

I'd rather Ayu put out music that's worthy of respect and my admiration and I think, after all her years in the business, she's probably more concerned about that than how well she lines the company's pocket. If that even ever meant anything to her in the first place...

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 22nd December 2010, 02:44 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ yeah I agree, considering what sells it makes sense Ayu doesn't sell so well anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I honestly wonder what makes them so popular still... It's obvious it's not the music. Not because they make bad music or anything but as someone mentioned quality doesn't matter on the charts. I know why Arashi is popular, but these three? Maybe B'z makes sense....

Anyway, I find no harm in hoping as long as you can deal with the reality. The reality is unless something big happens, her sales are not going to go up. But this album definitely deserves higher sales... But "deserve" got nothing to do with it.
I tried both B'z and Mr.Children and even though I like rock music, B'z is just meeh and Mr.Children bores me o death, so yeah I have no idea why people like them, nor do I know why they like arashi either tbh

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 22nd December 2010, 02:45 PM
Initiate

Arashi are idols. Idols always sell lol.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 22nd December 2010, 02:48 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

it's hard to believe the fact...but it is the fact...
all i can do is still have faith on ayu and japanese that will buy this album later...
and hoping for the same sales at least like RnRC

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, dream on, love songs, oricon