[Charts & Rankings] A COMPLETE ~All Singles~ Oricon 2nd Thread - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2008, 12:00 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelLegend View Post
I never heard of that holiday, how old would someone have to be in order to be respectable?
The word aged typically implies an "older" generation - i.e., the elderly. I find it interesting that the third Monday of September is always this holiday for Japan while in the US the first Saturday of September is always Grandparents Day!

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 16th September 2008, 02:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Gotta get this off my chest, but daaaaang.

People need to shut up about BEST FICTION / other best albums in here. It basically causes people to react, which then causes the instigators to react, and it's like an endless loop of crap.
Old 16th September 2008, 02:36 AM
Rule Protector

^Well, you're the first one to mention BEST FICTION in this thread, so if anything, you just started the chain reaction...
Old 16th September 2008, 02:50 AM
Banned

Congrats to ayu on her first week sales. Very impressive. Even if she didn't beat the "kween uff heep-papu" (just for you Truehappiness), she still achieved a goal she hasn't achieved in a while. I have to agree with peger (1st time for everything) that she might be short of a million tho. AC totally surpassed my expectations for it's 1st week but oh well. :embrassed She might clear a 100k this week but 200k.....maybe!

Last edited by Luv ~Venus~; 16th September 2008 at 03:02 AM.
Old 16th September 2008, 03:28 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

First Week 54W!!!
浜崎あゆみ、究極ベストは売上54万枚で首位スタート
年でデビュー10周年を迎えた人気歌手・浜崎あゆみの最新ベストアルバム『A COMPLETE ~ALL SINGLES~』が発売1週目で53.9万枚を売上げ、9/22付週間アルバムランキングで初登場首位を獲得。通算14作目のアルバム首位獲得となった。 
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/rankmusic/58159/
Old 16th September 2008, 03:30 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

ok i do not understand any of that..so for now, google translate!
Quote:
Ayumi Hamasaki, the ultimate sales of 540,000 copies is the best start in the lead
10-year anniversary of her debut celebrated its best popular singers Ayumi Hamasaki's latest album, A COMPLETE ~ ALL SINGLES ~, was released in the first week sales of 539,000 copies, 9 / 22 weeks with a debut album rankings for the lead to win . The first 14 albums in her career and earned the top spot.
great way for a 10th anniversary!
Old 16th September 2008, 03:37 AM
And Then Initiate

its a shame how she falls so fast =S if she was a tad more consistent im sure everyone would be rejoicing over her inevitable 1 million A COMPLETE album
Old 16th September 2008, 04:11 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwiz View Post
50k index for last day please! Anyway im quite pleased with AC passing the 500k mark =)
I thought sales for the week are counted up to sunday? Normally releases are on tuesday so weekly sales for new releases are short of one day in the total. At least that's what someone posted in the Guilty sales thread. But i would like a 50k index for monday lol!! Riozz also posted that 1st week sales for A Complete are quite similar to Memorial Address so if it charts like MA, it may hit 1 million. Unlikely since her sales drop faster these days but that's something to think about.
Old 16th September 2008, 04:18 AM
Dolls Initiate

^ Uhhuh, i posted that BEFORE realizing something hahaha. MA's second week is around 300k and i doubt AC can maintain high sales to hit 300k on the second week =s I hope that AC will have a much longer chart life than GUILTY, and hopefully ABEST2.
Old 16th September 2008, 04:25 AM
ever free Initiate

^ I keep my fingers crossed at that^^
Old 16th September 2008, 04:43 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Good first week sales, I think. I think I might actually buy the super-expensive version from my local store.
Old 16th September 2008, 04:55 AM
from your letter Initiate

doing very well, it sure will outsell AB2.
Old 16th September 2008, 05:23 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwiz View Post
^ Uhhuh, i posted that BEFORE realizing something hahaha. MA's second week is around 300k and i doubt AC can maintain high sales to hit 300k on the second week =s I hope that AC will have a much longer chart life than GUILTY, and hopefully ABEST2.
MY STORY's 2nd week was only 194k, and it still hit the one million mark. So, here's to Ayu for some nice sales for this week!

AND she finally has some TV performances lined up .
Old 16th September 2008, 05:52 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InoriNoUta View Post
Really?! Wow, that's amazing

You know, AC really IS worth the rank. The more I listen to it - and the more I realize just how much went into polishing up the songs and the various nuances and differences in said songs - the more I see that it's really a nice gift and pristine effort.
Umm, they didn't "polish up" any songs on the CD, so I don't know what you're talking about...

Wonderful set by MeyMey
2nd banner by xLitax

Old 16th September 2008, 06:14 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemorialAddress08 View Post
Umm, they didn't "polish up" any songs on the CD, so I don't know what you're talking about...
about remastering i guess...

Old 16th September 2008, 06:45 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemorialAddress08 View Post
They DID polish the songs, but they didn't shove it in our faces like they did for A BEST 2 (bad side effect of the polishing is that stuff like M's guitar solo went MIA, but a good one is that MW/t2m are now a lot less loud and sound clearer. WHOO!).
Old 16th September 2008, 07:29 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Gotta get this off my chest, but daaaaang.

People need to shut up about BEST FICTION / other best albums in here. It basically causes people to react, which then causes the instigators to react, and it's like an endless loop of crap.
Well, sometimes I agree that you shouldn't compare the releases of other artists, but at the same time sometimes it can be used as a good barometer of both artists relative popularity at the moment. Without the comparison of singles and albums, people wouldn't really know where their favorite artist actually stands and whether 500,000 or 200,000 or 1 million etc is considered good sales or bad sales - without comparisons, they are just vaguely defined numbers. Ultimately though, yes, it probably would be calmer if people just simply stopped caring about sales - but I doubt that will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
^Well, you're the first one to mention BEST FICTION in this thread, so if anything, you just started the chain reaction...
lol.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 16th September 2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 16th September 2008, 07:33 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think that even if people weren't so worked up on sales, things still wouldn't be too calm because then people would be attempting to compare popularity and other factors (without the use of sales).. like how it was before we had daily ORICON numbers.

"OH ______ IS BETTER BECAUSE SHE DANCES BETTER / WRITES BETTTER LYRICS / BETTER CONCERTS"

"OH NO YOU DIDNT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
Well, this thread and the other thread are essentially two parts of a whole, so.. yeah. And that was all over the other one so... uh, not my fault for ending up in the newer thread. -lol-

(And obviously someone would've probably mentioned it sooner or later anyway. lol.)

Anyway, it's stopped somewhat, for now, so thank goodness. Good job on Ayu for selling well (close to Memorial address' sales)~

Last edited by truehappiness; 16th September 2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 16th September 2008, 07:43 AM
Two of us Initiate

the sales are great!!! go ayu!!! next month i will order my copy, haven't the money yet..... *cry*
Old 16th September 2008, 08:44 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkAYuko View Post

Suggestion to Riozz: that nikki number is distracting, I think you should put it somewhere else, is not even that important now.
Fixed

btw totaal first week sales is higher than estimated..yuhhhu.. I'm glad it sold very welll