is my Secret CD a fake? :\ - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 7th January 2014, 08:22 PM
YOU Initiate

is my Secret CD a fake? :\

hey guys! I'm from the UK so I get all my ayu albums online, I was wondering, I bought Secret recently and had a look at the disc, it didn't have the usual 'AVCD' number on the bottom, does this mean it's a fake? I thought all her albums had this number on.

The album itself has a SM hologram on the front cover and came with the obi, plus lyrics in Chinese in a little book, so it does all look very genuine, but the disc threw me off!

It sounds great, but I'm just worried now, can anyone reassure me?
Old 7th January 2014, 08:41 PM
SCAR Initiate

can you post a photo of both the disc and the front/back cover?
Old 7th January 2014, 08:54 PM
YOU Initiate

my cd looks like these:

http://mlm-s1-p.mlstatic.com/ayumi-h...8_102013-F.jpg except the NOT for distribution in Japan statement is on the left-hand side in a box

http://img0048.popscreencdn.com/1059...j-pop-ebay.jpg like that, hologram in same place

http://images.coveralia.com/audio/a/...-Secret-CD.jpg disc is like that but with the 'NOT for distribution...' in a box in the lower half of the cd, in the middle

thanks so much for your help
Old 7th January 2014, 09:56 PM
SCAR Initiate

Is it the taiwanese version? where did you buy it from? it looks original but I'm not sure...
Old 7th January 2014, 10:15 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The line on the bottom seems to indicate that you got a Taiwan/HK/Korean version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AYUMI-HAMASA...-/121118090356
Old 7th January 2014, 10:25 PM
End of the World Initiate

Maybe is a chinese version but is rare :S
Old 7th January 2014, 10:36 PM
YOU Initiate

The SM hologram indicates it's the official Korean edition. The Korean version usually has the following text printed on the back cover:

"2006 AVEX INC. MARKETED BY S.M. ENTERTAINMENT CO., LTD. MANUFACTURED BY YBM SEOUL RECORD CO.,LT. DISTRUBUTED BY S.M. ENTERTAINMENT CO., LTD." etc.

if so, it's not a fake copy. I bought my copy of A Ballads in Seoul and it has the SM hologram sticker and everything as well.
Old 7th January 2014, 10:45 PM
YOU Initiate

according to the internet, I have the Hong Kong version the release number is SMJTCD159

though it says it's released from both avex trax and SM entertainment, who I know are mostly associated with k-pop groups, it does have the SM hologram which I think is proof it's the real deal, but still seems a bit odd, shouldn't avex trax asia have released it?

also...the song 'until that Day...' has a very sudden cut-off ending, I've looked on youtube and this seems to be the case for the song all the time, is it same with yours guys?
Old 7th January 2014, 10:48 PM
YOU Initiate

ah thanks Thomas, on the back cover of mine it says: 2006 avex trax entertainment inc. marketed and distributed by sm entertainment co ltd. manufactured by jeil records co ltd

then says about the rights etc.

I've never heard of 'Jeil Records' before...do I have a rare version of the album? I feel quite pleased now lol
Old 7th January 2014, 10:54 PM
YOU Initiate

^Jeil Records is a Korean Record Label. It's not rare though.
Old 7th January 2014, 10:56 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
^Jeil Records is a Korean company as well. It's not rare though.
awww burst my bubble! haha

thanks for your help though Thomas, lovely profile pic!

thanks everyone I can now enjoy Secret
Old 7th January 2014, 10:57 PM
Replace Initiate

Edit: I TOOK TOO LONG TO POST THIS ;_;

Yours is definitely the Korean version.

Back cover for reference:

SM is in charge of DISTRIBUTION in Korea, not PUBLICATION. Avex is still the publisher for these releases no matter where they're released - this is why both Avex and SM's logos are on there. SM already had their marketing & distribution channels in Korea by the time Avex CDs started being released there, so Avex is using them to actually get the music in stores in Korea. This is pretty common practice when dealing with international music releases.

And yes, "until that Day..." has a rather abrupt end. Her vocals do end AFTER the music does - "sono hi made" is said but the "de" syllable is after the music stops. So as long as it ends that way, it's probably fine.
Old 7th January 2014, 11:01 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
Edit: I TOOK TOO LONG TO POST THIS ;_;

Yours is definitely the Korean version.

Back cover for reference:

SM is in charge of DISTRIBUTION in Korea, not PUBLICATION. Avex is still the publisher for these releases no matter where they're released - this is why both Avex and SM's logos are on there. SM already had their marketing & distribution channels in Korea by the time Avex CDs started being released there, so Avex is using them to actually get the music in stores in Korea. This is pretty common practice when dealing with international music releases.

And yes, "until that Day..." has a rather abrupt end. Her vocals do end AFTER the music does - "sono hi made" is said but the "de" syllable is after the music stops. So as long as it ends that way, it's probably fine.
yes! that's my CD!!

thanks for the info on utD too! I really like that song, shame the ending is a bit abrupt.

my faves so far are Startin', JEWEL, and until that Day... 1 LOVE is growing on me too!