New single 'オヒアの木' composed by Kazuhito Kikuchi out now! - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 5th July 2020, 06:13 AM
Don't look back Initiate

The more I listen to the song..the more I feel that her vocals add so much more, especially after reading the lyrics.

She sings carefully, in a very very controlled way. And it feels like at the beginning of her pregnancy, she was cautious, wary and maybe had lots of uncertainty.

But as the song progressed, she sounded stronger and as a fellow AHSmember said, she sounded "mature" vocally and very confident in the way she came across. I think it also signifies how after the birth of her son, and seeing him, it just made her stronger moving forward.

It's such a beautiful song when it all comes together. No way could this be some experimental ballad. It was just what it had to be. This woman could sing offpitch live and whatever but her voice. HER VOICE still carries so much emotion in what she sings and it comes across here more than ever.
Old 5th July 2020, 07:45 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I'm so happy that single will have physical release!
And I like that it's so special! It's just a letter to her baby included into other release, called Promised Land by the way. Isn't it cool? Nice that it's not directly on sale, it will ruin all the romance and tenderness of the song.
Old 5th July 2020, 08:29 AM
Who... Initiate

that bag is very much inspired by Virgil's collection for LOUIS VUITTON last summer which bags ayu actually has
Spoiler:

Old 5th July 2020, 08:55 AM
Two of us Initiate

OMG, I’m so glad it will have a physical edition. What a lovely idea! It makes this release very special IMO. Super happy about this. Thank you Ayu <3
Old 5th July 2020, 10:11 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

This song is so precious, I love the way it opens with a reserved sounding cutesy/shy tone and then as it progresses, Ayu's voice seems to become warmer and, I dunno how to explain it, "freer"?

I sort of feel a mix of beloved and Zutto's chorus but it also sounds like a kind of sequel to The Way I Am. At this stage there's inevitable similarities in the songs she releases but I loved hearing it. Ayu seems like a really proud mother, I hope she maintains that happiness with her baby for a long time

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 5th July 2020, 10:35 AM
YOU Initiate

I really liked the song when I was first listening to it yesterday and now with knowing the lyrics I like it even more...
Like others said before. So wonderful lyrics, a really heartwarming song! I am happy she released this.
Old 5th July 2020, 11:49 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

She’s doing really well on YouTube views too! Over 230k in less than a day...god I wish she would ride this wave and blow our minds with Colours 2.0 lol
Old 5th July 2020, 01:15 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan View Post
god I wish she would ride this wave and blow our minds with Colours 2.0 lol
If it involves some trashy music video like Girls just wanna have fun, I'm all for it.
Old 5th July 2020, 04:16 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I like the song but thie is a grower, I need more time to appreciate it more.

However, I think releasing this song as a "comeback" right after the drama ends isn't the best choice imo. To me, this is such a huge wasted opportunity. I think that aeternal should have been released instead because aeternal's lyrics scream Max/Ayu relationship to me lol

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 5th July 2020, 05:59 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
I like the song but thie is a grower, I need more time to appreciate it more.

However, I think releasing this song as a "comeback" right after the drama ends isn't the best choice imo. To me, this is such a huge wasted opportunity. I think that aeternal should have been released instead because aeternal's lyrics scream Max/Ayu relationship to me lol
Avex could put ayu on music station and have her sing aeternal + ohia no ki
Old 5th July 2020, 06:04 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Piano version
Old 5th July 2020, 06:54 PM
appears Initiate

I think some are reading too much into the song. It's very much a Kazuhito composition, and it definitely sounds like an idea from A ONE that was maybe too similar to Walk and Anything For You to include on the album. So, I don't think she's singing cautiously as an art form, or that this was intended to be a big comeback. I think it's just a tie-in thing, a way of wrapping up the television series about her career.

The lyrics are definitely new, but some of it reads too like lyrics she's held onto for some time. Anyone remember when Ayu used to do this? IIRC, some of the songs on (miss)understood were ideas she had during the MY STORY era, but just hadn't found their right time and place. And I know Secret was a song she'd held onto for some time. She'd wanted to do something Enka for awhile, and it just happened to come together at the last minute for the album. This feels like a mix of writing styles from A ONE and however she's approaching writing now. She's evolved a lot, from the more quirky and pop-inspired writing on songs like Startin' and RULE/Sparkle, to the more difficult to describe ideas on projects like A ONE. These lyrics read more like MIJ/TROUBLE were one-off projects, and like Ayu personally wanted to keep the more mature and elegant writing style that she had during A ONE and sixxxxxx.

Anyway, I'm impressed with the lyrics. Definitely something fresh for her to sing about. And even if the composition and production sound very same ol', same ol', the message and theme seems more purposeful. I can only describe it as sounding *not* like Ayu is obsessed with love (AGAIN... sorry, I had to roll with the pun here.) Instead, it seems replaced with an Ayu who is confident that "love" is what makes the experiences she has with others meaningful. That it's not some thing she can go hunting for, but is instead something she's learned to tap into as a woman, a mother, and a veteran of her line of work. She sounds like she's grown past a lot of insecurity. And that is, at least for me, the best part of this song.

I am very curious if she has been recording a lot more than just this song lately because she's posted about work and being very busy, which is odd for someone who just canceled months of tour dates. She's also been unusually lowkey on social media, which in the past has been the pattern for her during the 2-3 months she'd record. Ayu is a workaholic. Always has been, probably always will be. And it's been four years since MIJ. She's grown as a person, matured. I think the angst of MIJ and feeling trapped by the industry could be behind her. She's looked so much more self-assured in her photos, both on tour and on social media. So, I feel like she's in a good position to write about new things, like motherhood and self-reflection and hope, more now than even one year ago. I'm now super curious to see if Ayu does put out a new album in the near future, and what it could (or will) sound like.

-> <-
Old 5th July 2020, 07:28 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
I hope she riding this wind and at least trying back to the music scene once again. Hopefully collaborate with a new arranger.
Agree. Would like to see a new arranger for her songs. I have a feeling ayu has a really good friendship with Yuta Nakano. He's been responsible for a large selection of her songs since talkin 2 myself
Old 5th July 2020, 09:47 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Hey this is not the 50 tracks special album feat the one-eyed lady form the TV drama I was waiting for!
Okay I really didn't expect new music haha. She surprised me and all of us! I almost couldn't believe it when I saw the instagram story.

When it comes down to the song, I really like the lyrics, it's a fresh topic for her and it's a welcome change. It's lovely. I'm so happy for her.
I was worried by her voice the first minute, but it definitely went better as the song progressed. It's gentle and sweet as it should.
As other people said the arrangements are really dated and she's already been there like a hundred time. To be honest I was already bored by this kind of song coming from her 10 years ago... imagine now haha. But the thing that annoys me most is how cheap the arrangements sound. It doesn't seem to include any real instrument and it really shows. It's so flat and bland. I wish they would put more money into this special song and be more demanding... I've never understood all those orchestral type songs with fake instruments. It's a big no for me.
But at this point I'm just really glad she's finally released a new song. Even if normally I would definitely skip it to listen to something more creative, interesting, something that draws me to it.

I'll try to enjoy it more, because in the end it's a nice surprise after all those times...

Last edited by hidekirby; 5th July 2020 at 09:53 PM.
Old 5th July 2020, 10:05 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Still can't get into it. But I never been the biggest fan of Who and I#m aways slipping the dreadful 5+ minutes of beloved.
To me, this is not classic ayu. Seems like people have other ideas when it comes to what makes her, but whatever this is is not part of how I would describe her sound.

I also agree very much with the post above this.
Old 5th July 2020, 10:12 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Reminder what songs Kazuhito Kikuchi composed for ayu

As if..., Depend on you
immature, WHATEVER, appears, Who...
vogue, Far away*, SURREAL
About You, Replace
HEAVEN
Beautiful Fighters
* + D.A.I
Old 5th July 2020, 10:16 PM
Daybreak Guardian

I love the song and I like it even more after reading the lyrics
Old 5th July 2020, 10:48 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

#1 on Recochoku and #5 on iTunes Japan!

https://recochoku.jp/ranking/single/...ate=4410101045
Old 5th July 2020, 10:59 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2010 View Post
#1 on Recochoku and #5 on iTunes Japan!

https://recochoku.jp/ranking/single/...ate=4410101045
Yay I was waiting for the Recochoku position. We are the QUEENS managed to reach the 3rd position back then, so this is very nice!
Old 6th July 2020, 12:08 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

Finally after 2 years we have a new song from Ayu!!!! Plus the lyrics!

So touching I wanna cry!!

Also Masa did mentioned in his social media earlier this year that Ayu is recording something. I hope we'll see a new album soon! Trouble has been 2 years ago!

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!

Last edited by mimika; 6th July 2020 at 12:13 AM.

Tags
オヒアの木, kazuhito kikuchi, ohia no ki, ohianoki