[News] LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition- - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 4th September 2019, 08:29 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Every other popstar who is lucky enought to actually have a 20th anniversary celebration releases a 20th edition of a iconic release. Fandom: Oh, that's nice! They are showing off their legacy.

Ayumi Hamasaki releases a 20th anniversary edition of one of her most iconic albums.
Fandom: *drama*

I... just... can't... lol.

Also, nobody is pointing a gun over anyone's head and forcing to buy this. It's clearly a collector item that could pretty much just be ignored by anyone not interested on it.
garoto deixa as pessoas expressarem as opiniões delas sem ficar zombando delas. eu hein. maioria dos re-releases tem PELO MENOS demos da era de bonus

I'm sure the remastering will make the album a lot more enjoyable, but some people don't care about it, some can't even hear differences. so a re-recording, some kind of demo, would make this a lot more appealing to a lot of us

Last edited by hud; 4th September 2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 4th September 2019, 11:31 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud View Post
garoto deixa as pessoas expressarem as opiniões delas sem ficar zombando delas. eu hein. maioria dos re-releases tem PELO MENOS demos da era de bonus

I'm sure the remastering will make the album a lot more enjoyable, but some people don't care about it, some can't even hear differences. so a re-recording, some kind of demo, would make this a lot more appealing to a lot of us
It's a forum were you put your opinion in public. If you can't handle people disagreeing about your opinioj, doesn't post it. And several of those celebratory re-releases have only a remaster as the nee feature, so this is not uncommon practice.

IMO is way better to have a remaster instead of gimmicky bonus tracks and shitty re-recordings that are almost always worst than the original tracks.

No mais, vai catar coquinho.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 5th September 2019, 12:10 AM
poker face Initiate

Honestly, I‘m more excited about this re-release than about anything Ayu‘s released over the last 6 years. LOVEppears was my first Ayu-album and with the remastering and the nice packaging I‘m already sold.
Old 5th September 2019, 01:26 AM
Curtain call Initiate

I don’t have this album so heck yes!
I do hope that the album packaging is vertical as well.

It would be so awesome if she recreated the cover too.
Old 5th September 2019, 01:38 AM
Voyage Initiate

It's nice she's doing a 20th anniversary edition of Loveppears but...controversially I don't really rate this album even if there are a lot of tracks I really enjoy on it lol. I hope this does well for her. It's a good release for collectors.

I wouldn't mind if Avex put a remix album our way.
Old 5th September 2019, 01:57 AM
Initiate

To me remastering an album to release into the same format is so pointless. If it was for a mora high res release, it would make more sense. This is like a game company remastering a game to release for the same console... I know the remastering process is probably gonna make the songs have some what of a crispier sound, but the same limitations of a CD are still gonna apply.

I understand the celebration behind this release, and I already own the original so it's not something for me.

Calling a bonus track / old demo a gimmick for a release like this is... a choice. Lol specially since it's from the artist who always had something extra to offer (many hidden tracks and other things).

Last edited by kaled kalil; 5th September 2019 at 05:13 AM.
Old 5th September 2019, 02:16 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
To me remastering an album to release into the same format is so pointless. If it was for a mora high res release, it would make more sense. This is like a game company remastering a game to release for the same console... I know the remastering process is probably make the songs have some what of a crispier sound, but the same limitations of a CD are still gonna apply.

I understand the celebration behind this release, and I already own the original so it's not something for me.

Calling a bonus track / old demo a gimmick for a release like this is... a choice. Lol specially since it's from the artist who always had something extra to offer (many hidden tracks and other things).
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a High Resolution version tho.
Old 5th September 2019, 02:53 AM
No way to say Initiate

She should re-record the songs with her beautiful experienced voice.
Old 5th September 2019, 03:27 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I too wish there was a vinyl press of this remastered album, but there isn't. It is still a nice content and a very affordable price for a box (compared to Trouble or made in Japan Tour who cost more than the double)
Old 5th September 2019, 03:45 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Yup. A totally common thing. Suzanne Vega did a tour last year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of her Solitude Standing album and the 25th anniversary of 99 F. Tori Amos has had her old albums re-packaged/remastered, Alanis Morissette and many others too.

I’ve ordered my copy~
I have no problem with people re-releasing works to celebrate a milestone such as this. But most artists use that re-release to include unreleased works. Just look at what Alanis did for the anniversary edition of Jagged Little Pill.

Nothing in this release is unavailable elsewhere, so I see this as a missed opportunity.
Old 5th September 2019, 03:47 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Don’t @ me AHS; I never got around to buying the original press so I’m all over this.

I preordered the 4-disc set from Amazon.jp and it says there’s a vendor-exclusive greeting card attached? yay.
Old 5th September 2019, 03:54 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
It's a forum were you put your opinion in public. If you can't handle people disagreeing about your opinioj, doesn't post it. And several of those celebratory re-releases have only a remaster as the nee feature, so this is not uncommon practice.

IMO is way better to have a remaster instead of gimmicky bonus tracks and shitty re-recordings that are almost always worst than the original tracks.

No mais, vai catar coquinho.
nossa, muito maduro da sua parte essa última frase. lol

it's not about only disagreeing, it's about how every time you make us sound like whining babies and yeah, that happens sometimes, but not like you make it sound. it's super normal for re-releases to have a "gimmicky" bonus, more normal than having nothing. this "drama" you're talking about making it sound only Ayufans do - it happened last month with Xtina's debut re-release, for example. her fans weren't satisfied AT ALL.

anyway if I can I'll obviously buy this, but please quit this "if you're not going buy then shut up!!1!!" narrative. every fan has their right to complain about something the artist do that they don't agree.

Last edited by hud; 5th September 2019 at 03:58 AM.
Old 5th September 2019, 05:59 AM
Far away Initiate

I'm super excited for this! I hope the remasters shine some new light on this iconic album.

I'm sort of happy that it's not re-sung since it can be hit or miss. I liked all the resung tracks on A BEST but only liked A Song for XX on A BALLADS.
Old 5th September 2019, 06:21 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud View Post
nossa, muito maduro da sua parte essa última frase. lol

it's not about only disagreeing, it's about how every time you make us sound like whining babies and yeah, that happens sometimes, but not like you make it sound. it's super normal for re-releases to have a "gimmicky" bonus, more normal than having nothing. this "drama" you're talking about making it sound only Ayufans do - it happened last month with Xtina's debut re-release, for example. her fans weren't satisfied AT ALL.

anyway if I can I'll obviously buy this, but please quit this "if you're not going buy then shut up!!1!!" narrative. every fan has their right to complain about something the artist do that they don't agree.
Você vestiu uma carapuça que nem era pra vc. A questão nem é achar o lançamento ruim, é o bando de gente que começa os papos de irrelevância, de preguiça, de desleixo, sempre que ela faz qualquer coisa.

Not liking something isn't drama... "Oh well, I guess she will never release something new anymore because she is a has been milking her past" is drama. Not liking something is totally ok.

Old 5th September 2019, 06:38 AM
too late Initiate

@hud @Andrenekoi

kkk amadas??? UFC perde os talentos

It's not a release made for me at all, I really want her releasing new stuff, but it's really great see they showing off her legacy, sometimes people forget her actual impact in the industry.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 5th September 2019, 06:39 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
To me remastering an album to release into the same format is so pointless. If it was for a mora high res release, it would make more sense. This is like a game company remastering a game to release for the same console... I know the remastering process is probably gonna make the songs have some what of a crispier sound, but the same limitations of a CD are still gonna apply.

Considering the pace of her releases at the time and the lenght of her albums during thar era and amount of different mixes on the singles, I wouldn't be surprised if it just doesn't have much more stuff from that period to release.

Old 5th September 2019, 06:59 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I can't wait for this release. Someone mentioned on Twitter that the "paper shopper" bonus from TA may be a bag that people got when buying LOVEppears in 1999.
Old 5th September 2019, 07:06 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:

"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 5th September 2019, 07:36 AM
Initiate

@Andrenekoi Nah, I don't believe it's the only material she had from that time. Wasn't Love again basically made with old songs? I know they are two very different projects, but what I'm saying is that even when she was "past" her prime, she had things in storage from some other time.

Even raw demos would be good, since the lyrics could be different. Well, even LOVE ~since 1999~ would be something to look forward since not everyone has the original LOVE ~Destiny~ single.

Whatever, as I said this is not something for me. I'm happy for those who can finally have a copy of it, because it is a pretty good album.

On a side note, I wonder why they are not using the "Black Ayu" for promoting this release, since it is tie-in with appears... Well, I guess it would be too much controversy for today's standards.
Old 5th September 2019, 10:06 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
What is it?.. Google shows me simple paper bag
If that's all, I better buy it at CDJapan
A shopper is indeed a bag ^^

Tags
appears, ayumi hamasaki, loveppears