2020 Europe tour details - DIR EN GREY "TOUR20 This Way to Self-Destruction" - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 23rd June 2019, 06:02 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

2020 Europe tour details - DIR EN GREY "TOUR20 This Way to Self-Destruction"

Don't know if there's any DIR EN GREY fans here but they'll be doing a Europe tour next year

25th Jan - Glavclub -Moscow / Russia-
26th Jan - Aurora Club -St. Petersburg / Russia-
28th Jan - The Circus -Helsinki / Finland-
29th Jan - Technikum -Munich / Germany-
31st Jan - FZW -Dortmund / Germany-

1st Feb - Astra Kulturhaus -Berlin / Germany-
3rd Feb - Concert Center A2 -Wrocław / Poland-
5th Feb - Islington Assembly Hall -London / UK-
7th Feb - Le Rocher de Palmer -Bordeaux / France-
8th Feb - Elysée Montmartre -Paris / France-

https://twitter.com/DIRENGREY_web/st...10858161074176
http://direngrey.co.jp/news/3758/

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 23rd June 2019, 11:26 PM

Too bad their fans suck so much. Don't really enjoy their concerts anymore since their fans always behave like complete assholes and I'm constantly trying not to get kicked or beaten or whatever. Doesn't help that I'm only 158 cm either... y_y
Old 24th June 2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Too bad their fans suck so much. Don't really enjoy their concerts anymore since their fans always behave like complete assholes and I'm constantly trying not to get kicked or beaten or whatever. Doesn't help that I'm only 158 cm either... y_y
Oh no I'm sorry to hear that D:

And yeah I know what you mean . I'm tall but I also get pushed/shoved inside the venue & last time I was inside Zepp Namba , there was a girl shorter than me and she was behind me holding onto my waist in trying to get a better view

That was annoying & didn't help the girl's fingernails are like long manicure ones that Catwoman has

Despite this I don't think that should stop you from attending DIR EN GREY tour next year cos there's no telling whether will they head back to Europe again

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 24th June 2019, 01:16 PM

I saw them twice last year in Tokyo, so missing them in Germany is ok. I would have to pay around 200€ for ticket, transportation, hotel/hostel etc. and this is too much money for a concert I'm not sure if I would enjoy it or not. Besides, I'm not even sure if I would have ther money either way lol
Old 24th June 2019, 01:39 PM

Understood & sorry I thought you have not watched DIR EN GREY in concert before

Earlier what you said about DIR EN GREY fans' behaviour during concerts , is it both times when you saw them last year or was it when they toured Europe previously ?

Sometimes certain people's elitist style behaviour in a fandom can drive others away which really pissed me off especially when the artiste themselves ain't the ones at fault to begin with

Old 26th June 2019, 03:26 PM

Oh no need to apologise at all! I'm sorry if my reply came across a little harsh. I really just wanted to explain why it isn't that bad to miss them this time.

First time I saw them live was way back in 2005, when they toured outside of Asia for the first time and came to Berlin. I also saw them in 2006, 2008 and I think in 2011 or something. 4 times in total in Germany and 2 times last year in Tokyo.

In general the Visual Kei scene changed here in Germany. Especially regarding bands who play metal. Back then it was a very nice scene, over 90 % women. Since a few years now more and more men, who are from the "normal" metal scene, go to concerts of Japanese bands who play metal. They bring their macho culture with them and behave like they would at any other metal concert. I have to say I have a strong hate for the metal scene and its men. The reason why I started listening to jrock in the first place was that men made it perfectly clear that as a woman who likes rock/metal you are just a toy to fuck for them. So I got into jrock/visual kei and always loved that it were mostly women and a few men who had no problem with behaving like normal human beings.
This is why I really hate that men from the metal scene now go to concerts of Japanese bands. They bring all the shit with them I tried to escape and it's always a handfull of them who are moshing and kicking and are destroying the concert for a lot of the women there.
For example, I went to a Nocturnal Bloodlust concert a few years ago here in Hamburg. It was a very very small hall. Maybe 100 people? So there was no room at all to escape when again a handfull of guys started moshing. At the end everyone was trying to get a spot at the wall or even went outside the room standing on the stairs.

In Japan it wasn't any better. LOTS of metal guys there. After the first concert I cried. I went a second time because I knew that the hall was all seating anyway, this one I enhoyed!
Old 26th June 2019, 05:59 PM

Wow that's amazing you've seen DIR EN GREY many times , be it in Japan and/or outside of Japan

That would explain why this time round if you're not going to attend their concert next year , you're ok not to attend it

A lot of people will not know this but for concerts that're held in Live House venue/s & depending on the music genre , there's always a tendency it will turn into a mosh pit session

That's why the 1st time I went to see BREAKERZ performed , I was unprepared in so many ways cos you don't see that mosh pit motion going on in a video release

Only when I was there physically in the venue , I was genuinely scared for my life & doesn't help that a Live House venue do not have seats , except if you're on the 2nd floor that have seats

It does suck that other people in the fandom can make or break your experience in supporting whoever and if you're downright unlucky , that's enough to turn you off big time

But sadly in any fandom , such people exist ._.

Old 27th June 2019, 10:03 AM

I mean, there is a difference between a moshpit and a moshpit. I also saw MUCC many times, also in Zepp Tokyo. Zepp Tokyo is big enough that you don't have to participate in it if you don't want to. Also, since it's like 99 % women, it's very tame. I'm not bothered of this kind of moshpit at all. But when it comes to the point where men kick (!!!) on purpose and actually try (!!!) to kick people outside the pit and also do it in halls were there is no room to escape, it's very shitty and destroys the experience for everyone else. This started somewhere around 2011 and I've seen teenage girls starting to cry and getting seriously hurt, since they were standing in the front rows, a few times now
I'm just glad I saw them before all of this started.
Old 27th June 2019, 10:14 AM

^ Ok that's just unacceptable behaviour . Not only that , it's dangerous & I would be fearful for my life if I experience something like that in a concert

Last thing you want to expect in attending a concert is seeing other people get hurt or god forbid , someone dying

Attending a concert is a happy occasion . Things like these just soured your mood drastically

Also don't know about Zepp Tokyo but when I was inside Zepp Namba , in the 1st floor they had built in barriers which was good in a way as those who're way at the back , they cannot push their way through the front cos the barriers prevent that from happening

Old 4th July 2019, 09:19 PM

^same for Zepp Tokyo, I really like it as a location!
Old 10th February 2020, 06:08 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I went to the Bordeaux show last friday. It was my very first time seeing them live after 11 years of listening to them and it was an incredible experience. Everyone in the crowd behaved well, I even thought that the crowd wasn't loud/energetic enough at times lol
I only regret the fact thay the setlist was just the whole The Insulated World album and the latest single The World of Mercy. The only old songs they added were Merciless Cult + Wake. I think that Merciless Cult was the song that got the best response from the public when it started playing, showing how important it is to play old songs :/
It really shook me to see them live, especially Kyo, I still can't believe I saw them really, it felt like a dream lol

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm