Any singaporean ayu fans still around? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 9th January 2021, 12:02 AM
Far away Initiate

Any singaporean ayu fans still around?

Pretty random. Just to see if any singaporean fans still around this forum. Ayu is no longer popular here in Singapore for the past 10 years I should say. And I believe younger people won’t know who’s she. As KPOP has long dominated the scene.

But could anyone remember that she’s very much featured in Singapore during 2000-2004. For example, in 2003, ayu’s A ballads album would be featured in our buses interior and exterior, MRT trains etc... I even remember that all her album commercial would be played on our local TV as well. Even our local magazines would feature ayu on the cover time to time. It was the best time to be an ayu fan back then! I wonder if anyone could remember that. It’s rather nostalgic now that 18 years has passed since A ballads album.

Do share your nostalgic moments if you have!!

Last edited by ayu_fantasy; 9th January 2021 at 12:10 AM.
Old 9th January 2021, 02:56 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Do you still remember competitor AYUNITE! forum?
Old 9th January 2021, 05:15 AM
rainy day Initiate

The last Ayu ad I remember seeing on TV was for CDL 10-11. The Wacoal stores here in Singapore did show Ayu's posters during 2008 when she had the endorsement deal with them too.
Old 9th January 2021, 05:19 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Yes I am still around! Hello!

A nostalgic moment was my friends and I singing SEASONS in school during recess while trying to make sense of the romaji lyrics.
Old 9th January 2021, 06:10 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

*raise hand , me

I remembered Dearest used to be played here when Inuyasha was aired here a long time ago alongside with V6's CHANGE THE WORLD

Back then I didn't know who sung those songs but Dearest from time to time would pop up in my head

And talking about magazine covers , I think the last time she was featured on here was Teens magazine which they used the MY STORY promo picture of her

Also I missed MTV Taiwan a lot . When Starhub still had it under their cable channel subscription , I always looked forward to the PVs that MTV Taiwan would played in the morning before I went to school & 1 of them they had on repeat was BLUE BIRD PV !

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 9th January 2021 at 06:13 AM.
Old 9th January 2021, 07:41 AM
Far away Initiate

Wow nice!!! I remembered all her albums are $20 each sold in CD Rama/ Sembawang. Would save up to buy her album as I was in secondary school back then!!

And if you remember, there’s a section on CD Rama, ranking the album sales for that week( something like that). Ayu’s album would sometimes be the best selling in Singapor eg. Rainbow/ A ballads / memorial address. It goes to show she’s quite known in Singapore during that era.

I intro ayu songs and PV to some of my friends who were not into JPOP. They were pretty impressed as her PV visual aspects and quality were ahead of other singers of that time. (Kpop didn’t really exist yet)
Old 9th January 2021, 08:42 AM

Man I missed Sembawang CD store , they had pretty good decent Japanese releases in their selection

Back then it took me a long time to differentiate which releases were imported or local made

Those were the days when local record labels here also made releases of Ayu & also for other JPop artistes as well

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 9th January 2021, 02:25 PM
rainy day Initiate

And browsing HMV, gawking at how expensive the Japan press albums are lmao. Especially when they're right beside the OS press ones. Good times.

I just miss CD shops in general. When I was in Japan, it felt so good to just browse through Tower Records and the likes.
Old 9th January 2021, 03:44 PM

^ Yes . That and also waiting so long before the local presses of Japanese albums were made available no thanks to MDA :s

I also missed HMV Heeren a lot , it was frankly the only reason that Heeren was best known for back in the days

That was before Robinsons moved in Heeren which now they're going to be out sooner or later :s

Old 9th January 2021, 05:00 PM
Far away Initiate

I really missed HMV totally. Do you guys remember on top of heeren there are some shop selling Ayu merchandises?
Old 11th January 2021, 04:45 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Do you still remember competitor AYUNITE! forum?
I was so sad when that closed all of a sudden
Old 11th January 2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy View Post
I really missed HMV totally. Do you guys remember on top of heeren there are some shop selling Ayu merchandises?
I don't know about that cos not only it has been so long but also I mainly frequented HMV Heeren before they moved to 313 Somerset which they sadly shut down after that alongside with the outlet in Marina Square :s

The only other thing I remembered about Heeren before they renovated was the basement where Marche was & also Shokudo

https://www.heeren.com.sg/about/history/

Man so much memories in seeing photos of how Heeren used to be before prior to 2009 :s

I also remembered Tower Records at Suntec but I don't really have that much memories of them selling JPop related items . Somemore back then Suntec was so inaccessible unlike now

Old 11th January 2021, 05:48 PM
Don't look back Initiate

me!
Old 12th January 2021, 02:45 AM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy View Post
Was it Mise xclusive or something like that? 😂🤣😂

Old 13th January 2021, 09:54 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinix View Post
Was it Mise xclusive or something like that? 😂🤣😂
Yes yes!!! It was around 2003-2004 I think