Who's the best vocalist? - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Asian Music Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the best vocalist?
Ayumi Hamasaki 37 22.02%
Hikaru Utada 33 19.64%
Koda Kumi 28 16.67%
Namie Amuro 20 11.90%
Mika Nakashima 17 10.12%
Others (please state in the thread) 33 19.64%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st May 2009, 04:18 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

yeah not all the songs are like that~ and some songs without the wails still sound as good as those with the wails

but it all comes down to personal preference
Old 1st May 2009, 04:22 AM
no more words Initiate

^Yeah it does come down to that. I HATE her wailing in Ashita e no Sanka with a passion.

Avatar by: Her Panda Love||Signature by:Lerimantique
Old 1st May 2009, 04:33 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
i agree, i was surprised at how well namie could belt it!

and yeah, utada has gotten rly bad imo. have you seen the lives she did for cbs? what a big fat disappointment
agreed.. I really dont like her voice...
although she can reach very wide range vocal, her vocal is sooooo boring. at least Namie ayu kuu are better because they are awesome in singing while dancing

i think they are the best singers. they can sing very good while dancing and hiro has very high pitch voice
she also very good in singing jazz
Old 1st May 2009, 04:37 AM
Liar Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty4123 View Post
ugh, this is kinda hard. but as much as i love the ones listed, i'll be in the minority and say hitomi shimatani. VERY UNDERRATED

oh, i also wanna add JYONGRI, Yuna Ito ayaka, and Younha, too.

I never quite understood why Hitomi Shimatani isnt as famous as she should be. Her voice and control in her music is incredible and her voice is superbly effortless...Yuna Ito is another great voice...ayaka is amazing...Younha...I have to disagree...not much special about her but she's still young I guess...have yet to hear JYONGRI
Old 1st May 2009, 04:39 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozz View Post
agreed.. I really dont like her voice...
although she can reach very wide range vocal, her vocal is sooooo boring. at least Namie ayu kuu are better because they are awesome in singing while dancing

i think they are the best singers. they can sing very good while dancing and hiro has very high pitch voice
she also very good in singing jazz
dude seriously, why do you hate hikki. I see nothing she could have done to you for you to hate her so much. And it's like...all the time...I don't understand it at all.

And hunny I'm sorry, but those girls are awful in that video.

@kaori: I thought you were a girl for a second...but then I forgot...sorry! I'll go edit.

About alan's wail...I think it's really cool...but I mean...that's like her kinda trademark gimmick thing...which I really don't like because it's keeping her to the same styles of music...and I really wish she could use her vocals in other ways, because she does have nice vocals.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 1st May 2009, 04:48 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
dude seriously, why do you hate hikki. I see nothing she could have done to you for you to hate her so much. And it's like...all the time...I don't understand it at all.

And hunny I'm sorry, but those girls are awful in that video.

@kaori: I thought you were a girl for a second...but then I forgot...sorry! I'll go edit.

About alan's wail...I think it's really cool...but I mean...that's like her kinda trademark gimmick thing...which I really don't like because it's keeping her to the same styles of music...and I really wish she could use her vocals in other ways, because she does have nice vocals.
I dont hate hikki at all.
If i hate her I will not ever listen to her songs. I love some of her songs too but tbh. I just dont like her vocal. it's too boring for me.

and for Alan, her voice is very good although I dont like the way she is yodeling
XD

she has a very good song. she needs more practice to sing. she needs to improve her vibrato. I dont like she sing ashita e no sanka because it's too flat. should be having a vibra
Old 1st May 2009, 08:24 AM
Greatful days Initiate

I don't keep up with Alan but I remember listening to this one song one time that sounded very oriental and the singer was constantly doing this high pitched yell-esque singing in the song. From all of these descriptions of Alan, I'm beginning to think it was her and I didn't like it. And this title being thrown around, "Something something Senka", by Alan looks familiar like it might have been what I heard. I'll have to check up on that. I tried to like that song too but she just wouldn't stop.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 1st May 2009, 08:44 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolongi View Post
^Yeah it does come down to that. I HATE her wailing in Ashita e no Sanka with a passion.
lol Ashita e no Sanka SCARED me on 1st listen @_@

it was only until I heard Sora Uta that I gave her music another chance in which things have turned around for me since then

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 1st May 2009, 08:45 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozz View Post
I dont hate hikki at all.
If i hate her I will not ever listen to her songs. I love some of her songs too but tbh. I just dont like her vocal. it's too boring for me.
totally agree! hikki has some nice songs but they're just..very boring..songs to sleep to. her voice is not as spectacular as people make it out to be. i remember before i listened to her people would go on about how good of a voice she has and when i listened to a couple of her albums i was like "lol wut"

oh but also alans voice is amazing too! lots of japanese singers have really unique and nice voices!
Old 1st May 2009, 09:20 AM
Liar Initiate

I like alan's wails....just although in Ashita e no Sanka it was a bit on the loud side....its haunting...and ethnic sounding. Iunno...just like it. Anyone tried Kanon Wakeshima? Something similar there...I was playing it the other day...and my Dad came in and was like "what is that horrible sound? It sounds like someone dying" and I was just like k...
Old 1st May 2009, 09:23 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

@Cori: listen to Xin Zhan. It's the only alan song I actually really like and listen to. The others bore me. It has no wails

her voice is definitely very oriental though so...you have been warned lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 1st May 2009, 09:36 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

To all those comments about alan's Ashita e no Sanka, that song will always be a "hit or miss" track. Some people will love it, some will hate it. It just depends on their preferance. However, that song showed her true vocal abilities so if you don't like Ashita e no Sanka, then I doubt they'll be any song by alan you might like at all. =/

hmm.. did that make sense?

Last.fm

Old 1st May 2009, 10:16 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua_crystal View Post
To all those comments about alan's Ashita e no Sanka, that song will always be a "hit or miss" track. Some people will love it, some will hate it. It just depends on their preferance. However, that song showed her true vocal abilities so if you don't like Ashita e no Sanka, then I doubt they'll be any song by alan you might like at all. =/

it does for me Alicia

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 1st May 2009, 11:38 AM
no more words Initiate

I love alan
I love Ashita e no Sanka. That track is so epic. I love love love her wails.
there isn't one track i don't like of her.
That girl can sing. for real.

but yeah. you either love her voice or hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
totally agree! hikki has some nice songs but they're just..very boring..songs to sleep to. her voice is not as spectacular as people make it out to be. i remember before i listened to her people would go on about how good of a voice she has and when i listened to a couple of her albums i was like "lol wut"
that's exactly the same reaction i had.
i really tried to like her music. i basically forced myself to listen to her music.
her voice isn't even that bad. she just needs to try different things. all her songs sound the same

Last edited by aloopy; 1st May 2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 1st May 2009, 11:56 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloopy View Post

that's exactly the same reaction i had.
i really tried to like her music. i basically forced myself to listen to her music.
her voice isn't even that bad. she just needs to try different things. all her songs sound the same
Excatly
Agreed with u

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post

oh but also alans voice is amazing too! lots of japanese singers have really unique and nice voices!
me too. I dont see how good her voice is. it's like her as amaze as Mariah carey's voice. but I still love her song esp final distance and beautiful world.. she's very good composer but her voice cant grow on me.
Old 1st May 2009, 11:59 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Koda Kumi without any hesitation.

Old 1st May 2009, 12:41 PM
no more words Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua_crystal View Post

Well that song will always be a miss for me. There are songs I love from her like, Kuon no Kawa, BRAVE, Megumi no Ame, Gunjou no Tani and half of her album that weren't singles.

Avatar by: Her Panda Love||Signature by:Lerimantique
Old 1st May 2009, 01:39 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

wth why is alan not in this list
ok so i voted for others

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITHproud member of ESS
kiss kiss frenchy frenchy | better than the love motion

Old 1st May 2009, 01:52 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Of all those listed, I like Ayu's live vocals the best. Kumi can't really handle the ballads well. Utada is mostly ok but she tends to do loads of annoying things with her voice. Hitomi Shimatani, BoA and ayaka are far better than most of those listed (vocally).

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 1st May 2009, 09:57 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
@Cori: listen to Xin Zhan. It's the only alan song I actually really like and listen to. The others bore me. It has no wails

her voice is definitely very oriental though so...you have been warned lol
That's a pretty song. Reminds me of Tsukiko Amano, whom I love.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?