Your Love Songs reviews!!! - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 19th December 2010, 02:07 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chu-lips View Post
hahahah..
everybody praised this album alot when the preview leaked,,
then complaining it to hell when full album leaked...
that's it,,,
always do the same thing on this forum,,
complaining,,,complaining,,complaining
lol,,,,
i enjoy this album,,

tough it's a weak album in my opinion,,
but it isnt that bad,,,
Some people just aren't gonna like it, hon.

There's literally nothing Ayu can do about that. Which is why I'm glad she doesn't care.
Old 19th December 2010, 02:23 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

strangely, I think this is my 2nd favorite album..... or maybe even first.
Seriously.
It has WONDERFUL flow.
The song transitions are great! (which is rare)
And she's trying styles she has never tried before!!!! "Like a Doll" has an R&B feel, and a lot of the songs have this cold piano tone.
I love it.
The songs aren't the typical Ayu song, in my opinion. I'm actually listening to the arrangement and the instruments as well as her voice, not just the beat... it's very good in that way.
I'll come back and write a song-by-song review later, once I give it a few more listens!
But the verdict is that she caught me off guard. Finally the versatile, changing, evolving Ayu.
AND NOT REHASHED.

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 19th December 2010, 02:33 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chu-lips View Post
hahahah..
everybody praised this album alot when the preview leaked,,
then complaining it to hell when full album leaked...
that's it,,,
always do the same thing on this forum,,
complaining,,,complaining,,complaining
lol,,,,
i enjoy this album,,

tough it's a weak album in my opinion,,
but it isnt that bad,,,
haha bare with it dude~
it'll always be happen~~ not just with ayu i guess haha..
so just enjoy what u like..
coz i am!
Old 19th December 2010, 02:35 AM
glitter Initiate

its true though, people just come here to complain, 99% of the time.

I'm not gonna download and wait for my copy the reviews so far are interesting though
Old 19th December 2010, 02:50 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I don't get why people are so surprised, there's always going to be people who like it, and people who dont

I like the album, but I can most definitely see why people wouldnt like it.

And also, I think the type of album this is is a lot different from any album done since...idk...2003? lol

Definitely going to have people not used to it as well.

I think the previews...made the songs sound better than they are...but that's just because...element of, you dont know whats going to happen in the rest of the song.

BUT, I mean, I think the songs are great, so idk...just depends on what you like I guess.

Oh and yeah, Album tracks > Single tracks

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 19th December 2010, 02:53 AM
Liar Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Rainbow View Post
RAINBOW was better than I am...
Love songs is better than RnR Circus

As simple as that.
QFT

This album is really great!! Much much much better than RnRC! I'm so happy that Ayu put out this great work!!

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 19th December 2010, 02:54 AM
until that Day… Initiate

haha people won't get any satisfaction from any of ayu's releases~~
they are either getting bored with ayu or just,... i don't really know~~

anyway, i really love the way ayu sang differently in each of the tracks..
we got to hear ayu's cute vocal..got the strong n bold vocal.. love it!
Old 19th December 2010, 03:00 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

anyone else a little surprised at how high her voice is in a lot of these songs? sometimes it reminds me of her LOVEppears voice, but I do think it's stronger now. It's kind of stupid of me, but over the years I kind of got the idea that ayu's voice just wasn't able to get that high anymore lol.
Old 19th December 2010, 03:14 AM
End of the World Initiate

All the album tracks sound like they should be in a RPG!! That is how I would summarise this album. It's her best since Secret for me. It's lacking that "perfection sheen", it's got that awkward messy feel of her older music. The songs also don't have such a clear structure on here! So many surprises. I love it. It's such a cohesive album in music and theme, nothing feels odd or out of place. It's great! It's not her best, but it's up there with her best for me so on my first listen.

Love song - 10/10, I love this song. It has everything I love in an Ayu song. Amazing.
crossroad - 10/10, loved it since the single. See above.
MOON - 7/10, didn't like it much on the single, still don't like it much. Works well here.
sending mail - 10/10, I love it! It's so... fresh sounding. I love the beginning of each verse, it sounds so... awesome? Chorus is so catchy too. I like how it all fills like everything is going on and on ontop of each other and is all confusing and chaotic. It's like all the unsent mail is just piling and piling up on her~ ♥
Last angel - 10/10, love it. Are we noticing a trend here?
insomnia - 4/5, This makes me think of dungeon crawling in Persona 3. I think this whole album feels very RPG actually, guess that's why I love it. Captures the feeling of insomnia perfectly. That nervous, edgy emotion. I knocked a point off as it doesn't really go anywhere and... I will skip haha
like a doll - 9.5/10, adorable beginning!! Kyaa! I'm so glad that musically this isn't Marionette ~part II~. It makes me think of music boxes and frilly little dolls in dresses and pink~ I...I...I LOVE IT. All these songs have an amazing beginnings to their verses.
Aria - 4/5, more songs I want to hear in a RPG. This is town music. You know, that cute little country village and then you run into one of those big hills with flowers blowing and general happiness.
blossom - 8/10, really really like this one. This is definitely the "remnant from the old album" song alongside MOON, it DOES fit, it just feels...so different. I guess this and MOON involve typical Ayu guitar at some point, that's missing in the other songs. Make sense? It works here though, it's got that happiness that Aria had.
Thank U - 8/10, I like it, it's the laid back not overly emotional version of MY ALL and its friends. It's got that same feeling as NEXT LEVEL, just not so forced and formulaic, sans the la la la's I feel it will grow on me
Sweet season 2/10 - I tried so hard to like it more. I've listened to this song in full twice - once with the PV, and once with the single. I will not try again. I can't make it through the whole song. It just... annoys me for some unknown reason. One day I may be able to like it, but...ugh no.
overture 4/5, lol more video game music. Love it.
do it again - 8/10, Ayu, we know your English is better than it is in this song!! MY least favourite of the new songs. It feels kinda...repetitive? I don't know.
November - 9.5/10, I LOVE THE BEGINNING. I LOVE THE MUSIC. I WANT AN INSTRUMENTAL OF THIS RIGHT NOW. I love that...whatever it is around 2:07 that goes until 2:25, it's at the beginning too. It's so...so... just love it. Rest is just great, not LOVE LOVE. Haha This will be a grower.
Virgin Road - 10/10, EPIC NON WINTER BALLAD. YES. I'll play it at my wedding Ayu!! Haha. Or not.
SEVEN DAYS WAR 10/10 - Unbelievably happy this made the album. I love love love it. Live version is awesome.

9/10 one of her best albums!!

Last edited by relmy; 19th December 2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 19th December 2010, 03:16 AM
Liar Initiate

oh wow I love how she sings November!! Her voice is totally awesome in it! So much emotion!

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 19th December 2010, 03:20 AM
GAME Initiate

Did anybody notice the eerie scream/howl right before the final chorus in 'November'?
Old 19th December 2010, 03:23 AM
glitter Initiate

isn't November one of Mannie's favorites? lol I can't remember which ones he said he liked best x)
Old 19th December 2010, 03:25 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

finally, a new ayu album!! it feels so long since RocknRoll Circus

1. Love Song - i love this song! its so good, i love the chorus melody so much, its like past ayumi. simple but nice. im not a big fan of the bridge however because of the temporary key change - 9/10

2. crossroad - not my favourite song, its just ok. sounds very old like a song from 1980-1990.. - 6/10

3. moon - worst song on the album.. i hate the chorus so much, its so noisy and badly arranged. shes trying too hard to be sad and angry - 3/10

4. sending mail - so SO good!!!! i love how fast it is and how challenging it sounds, i love this new style of music ayu uses in sending mail and last angel - 9/10

5. last angel - love the arrangements so much, good song! reminds me of until that day but more melodic - 8/10

6. insomnia - very cute but too simple and sounds like its made by someone who just learned how to use music software - 6/10

7. like a doll - new style of music again!!! omg im so glad she finally is changing her sound for real! this, sending mail and last angel sound like theyre from the same family. very good song too! - 8/10

8. aria - very nice music, i love it so much - 9/10

9. blossom - starts off amazing for a few seconds then all the old sounding instruments come and make the song sound like its from 1995-2005... - 6/10

10. Thank U - its very cute but too repetitive and too long for my liking and the beats make it less special, i really love the la la la parts - 7/10

11. sweet season - i like this song a lot it reminds me of the memorial address album for some reason - 8/10

12. overture - so pretty!!!!! - 10/10

13. do it again - this is a very moody pop/rock song that sounds like it will fit better in rocknroll circus, its still a great song though. its very strong, memorable and sounds very ayu - 8/10

14. November - a pleasant pop song, im not in love with it, but towards the end it does pick up and turns much mroe interesting - 7/10

15. Virgin Road - one of the best ayu songs ever, its such a beautiful ballad, its like all of alan's best ballads mixed together by ayu!! - 10/10

16. seven days war - a bit boring and i dont like the arrangements, they sound extremely cheap and old - 5/10

overall - Moon crossroad and blossom ruin the album. love songs is her best work in so many years, i love shes taking chances and trying out new things, but songs like moon are just ayu rehashing old sounds.. those three tracks doesnt show progression in her music..

her new music however, is AMAZING and easily some of her most creative and best work to date!!

i wish she never released moon/blossom and crossroad singles, because they held her back. if she took a break in that time and then build up promo for her first triple-A maxi single L, the single could have been a very big success and the album will do super well because of it.

now i think the album will struggle to do 250k, and thats so sad since its one of her best work to date!

Last edited by rainydayumi; 19th December 2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 19th December 2010, 03:26 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
anyone else a little surprised at how high her voice is in a lot of these songs? sometimes it reminds me of her LOVEppears voice, but I do think it's stronger now. It's kind of stupid of me, but over the years I kind of got the idea that ayu's voice just wasn't able to get that high anymore lol.
oh yes! talking about high-pitch!
i'm surprised that she still has that kind of high-pitch..like in "Thank U".. that's so HIGH!! n i love the current high-pitch vocal coz it's not just randomly high pitch, she just got it in the right technique, i guess?
Old 19th December 2010, 03:31 AM
Initiate

I actually think this album is her best in years. I've liked all of her releases so far, but everything from Secret up to RnRC (which I REALLY liked) did not feel as honed, polished, focused, and INTENSE as this. Not all the way through, at least. Not even GUILTY! The track list flows, the interludes aren't just slapdash thrown in useless features of music -- they're intricate and curious, they stand out and yet act as bridges between songs. I'm more than halfway through the album and I have yet to find my attention straying for a moment.

Whatever it is that Ayu's done with Love songs, she hit on something golden and this song is so refreshing. Her discography needed this ******* album.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 19th December 2010, 03:35 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
isn't November one of Mannie's favorites? lol I can't remember which ones he said he liked best x)
I think he said "November" and "sending mail"
tbh I think she wrote the lyrics to November while having Mannie in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
oh yes! talking about high-pitch!
i'm surprised that she still has that kind of high-pitch..like in "Thank U".. that's so HIGH!! n i love the current high-pitch vocal coz it's not just randomly high pitch, she just got it in the right technique, i guess?
yeah I agree. it's high but not so much that it hurts my ears like it used to.
Old 19th December 2010, 03:37 AM
until that Day… Initiate

it's also my very first time to ever like the interludes in an album so much!
and i can't believe i'm looping this whole album over and over again now.. everything just flows so perfectly where i could never really do it with the previous albums, except for RnRC though..

aww November, there's little romance between ayu and mannie in a month time in LA..how sweet~~
Old 19th December 2010, 03:41 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I love this album which is an epic though the style is totally different than ever. Album tracks, the fluence of song and ayu's voice give me a lot of suprise. Also each new album songs is amazing~~~OMG!!!!ayu is best!!!!!! thank ayu give us this X'mas gift

Love song 10/10

Sending Mail 9.5/10

Like a Doll 9.5/10

THANK U 9/10

do it again 10/10

Novermber 10/10
Old 19th December 2010, 04:18 AM
Initiate

I also just noticed something -- this may be one of the first Ayu albums to AVOID having those summer/winter trope songs. And you know what? THE ALBUM IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT THEM.

Does that mean I don't like summer songs and winter ballads? Of course not. I love those songs. But the fact that their absence doesn't take anything away from the enjoyment of the album says to me that Ayu is (1) taking a risk, creatively, by not throwing them in and (2) is probably happy to do without them, after all these years.

MOON / blossom may have been released in the summer, but neither track really feel like a summer song to me. Nor did any of the songs on L, not even Sweet Season. Maybe if you want to get technical, Sweet Season could have been her belated summer song, but it doesn't feel like the poppy, dance-y kind that all the summer song predecessors have been, you know? There's definitely a pattern with summer songs, and this year Ayu did without them. In fact, this entire album makes me think of a warm, spring breeze... which is a fascinating feeling to conjure up in every single song, considering this album is an Xmas gift to us fans, and it's being released in the cold cold cold wintertime :3 (for us in the northern hemisphere lol)

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 19th December 2010, 04:31 AM
ayu trance Initiate

What's most impressive to me about this album is that while recording songs that sound unlike anything she's done in the past, they're still 100% Ayu and that feeling never wavers through the album. I also like the fact that she regressed a bit in her vocal style, but with a more mature feel. She sings in higher keys without it being grating.

For the people who don't like Sweet Season so much, I recommend you read this scanlation provided by the one and only Misa-chan and then listen to the song while reading the lyrics! It definitely changed my perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post

Last edited by do it again; 19th December 2010 at 04:36 AM.

Tags
love songs