Can Ayu write a sexually themed song? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 16th January 2010, 05:42 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Hm, it's somewhat unrelated, but I think sex/relationships are part of that category of information that Ayu keeps private. "Private is private! If I tell you, it won't be a secret anymore!" and so on. It seems like one of the big reasons why it seems so weird seeing Ayu be so suggestively erotic during recent tours with the male dancers (and sometimes the female dancers).

It's a bit surprising though at her age that most interviewers avoid asking her questions involving her love life. Perhaps it's one of those things that has on some sort of restricted question list.
Old 16th January 2010, 12:49 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I think if Ayu sang something sexual, it would be hinted, but not all out and more about the circumstances than the act itself...as exampkle I would point out a less intense form of Nana Mizukis Etsuraku Camellia

http://sziur18.wordpress.com/2009/06...s-translation/ (lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RebisfWgows (song)

It hints sex, but has a main theme of forbidden love which is fairly similar to GREEN maybe.

Just like Ayu she was someone you'd never expect to sing about sex, but it turned out amazingly well.
Old 16th January 2010, 01:20 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

She could, but probably wouldn't. I love when she's sexual in her live performances though, like my name's WOMEN, until that Day..., 1LOVE, and identity - it's just the perfect amount of sexy. If she ever wrote a song about sex, I'm sure it would be tasteful and not trashy.
Old 16th January 2010, 01:36 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by non3ko View Post
douggn

Even if it may not be her, reflecting on it, she could make it her own if she were to do a sexy song. She writes beautifully and I'm sure she could use symbolism or be as vague as she wants without making it sleazy. It'd be a good challenge, and an amazing feat to see her pull it off. I'd still go nuts though. I think before she gives up music when she's like 80 or something she should do at least one sexual song just to say she's written about everything. Because she nearly has.

I just thought of how cute it'd be to see Ayu as a senior citizen singing in her chipmunk voice! Cute!

I agree with this!! But thinking of a 80 year old Ayu doing the EnergizE performance is just weird to me xD
Old 16th January 2010, 02:00 PM
until that Day… Initiate

i doubt that Ayu would ever write about sexually themed song..
it's kind of not suitable with her image, even though she can sometimes look sexy but still in the elegant way..
she's an inspirational singer with her lyric, so if she ever write about sexual experience, that will be... wow weird haha..
i prefer her to sing such cute songs like EnergizE more than sexual ones whahaa ;D
Old 16th January 2010, 03:24 PM
immature Initiate

what's your definition of sexual? what's ayu's definition of sexual? no one will have a clear idea of it.

even if she can write such songs, she'll probably sing the song and censored the lyrics. i mean she would not let the lyrics be printed out on the album booklet and less likely to perform it live.

i still prefer her to write lyrics of her usual style and perform it with tinge of sexiness here and there. it will look much more tasty! =p
Old 16th January 2010, 04:02 PM
Dolls Initiate

oh...
i hope she would never do that... XD

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 16th January 2010, 04:54 PM
Who... Initiate

Lmao I think I kinda started this discussion... But okay, where should I start. Imo, she's never been very virginal lol, I don't know what makes some people think that. Is this the same person we're talking about? So many of her lives and PVs are sexual in some way; costumes, movements, whatever it is. Because of you, 1 LOVE, Sparkle, Mirrorcle World, Ladies Night PVs are the most obvious I guess. Even if the song/PV isn't really related to sex in any way she often has little hints and for example suggestive clothing. But the main point is, she does it in a classy and "read between the lines" way.

I don't think she ever would, and I personally hope that she never ever will make a total smut song. I'm not sure what you exactly mean by wanting her to do a sexual song. A song that just is about sex, no matter if it's in a gentle and only hinted way, or an all-over-your-face dirty song..?

But I definitely think that if she were to write a song about doing it, it wouldn't be obvious. She has always written in a way that can have many meanings, hasn't she? In a way that can be interperated in many ways. There are songs in her discography that could be about sex, but she has written them in a way that one can think she's written about love, life overall or whatever it is. Sparkle definitely, and I always thought Boys & Girls had something like that to it too lol. Dolls, ourselves and STEP you could also be interperated that way in my opinion.

I probably had something more to say but I forgot so here's my opinion for now.

BRILLIANCE

Last edited by Not~Yet; 16th January 2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 16th January 2010, 06:18 PM
Because of You Initiate

i hope she wont do that. i dont like sexual themes anyway... i mean,
everyone should have their intimacy at home, but not on the street.
i dont care whats ayu's fav sex position.
Old 16th January 2010, 08:46 PM
sending mail Initiate

Personally I wouldn't want her to go in that direction. I mean, I know she already has, but they weren't explicit explicit, like Kumi's. I don't ever want her to write something overly sexy, it's just not her, IMO.

Old 17th January 2010, 02:32 AM
until that Day… Initiate

^
exactly! that's what i'm saying..
it's so not Ayu haha lol
i can't imagine Ayu could come out by singing songs like Kumi's (not Kumi's bad), but i guess that every artist should just stick with their own originalities..
Old 17th January 2010, 02:35 AM
Because of You Initiate

Yeah but she gives her idea to someone else.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 17th January 2010, 08:46 AM
Replace Initiate

Whenever ayu tries to do anything sexual, it just comes across as really dorky XD

She comes across as sexy when she's not really trying that hard, to be honest. The only time I can think of a time where she TRIED to be sexy and it actually worked was the female part of that WE-MEN shoot. Every other time she's been sexy, it's been accidental.

So if she ever did a song about sex, I just feel like it would come across as... well, dorky! XD!!
Old 17th January 2010, 10:35 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUta View Post
Personally I wouldn't want her to go in that direction. I mean, I know she already has, but they weren't explicit explicit, like Kumi's. I don't ever want her to write something overly sexy, it's just not her, IMO.
Yeah, I'd seriously think she's become a sellout if she started did something Namie/Kuu level stuff, most people probably would.. She does her own thing which is mostly focusing on human mind in her lyrics and that's what I like. Of course I can't predict if the outcome would be good or bad after all, but yeah it wouldn't seem like her at all.

BRILLIANCE

Old 17th January 2010, 10:53 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Most people here are acting as sex (or speaking or singing about it) is something bad or disgusting. o.O
I don't get that, sex is a part of human life and it can be absolutely wonderful.
There are so many ways to write and sing about sex as well. It doesn't have to be explicit or dirty or anything.
So yeah, I think Ayu could do it if she wants to. But I don't think she would, cause it's not part of her image and most Japanese surely would be taken aback by it. Just because it's not the Ayu they know.

But I do believe that Ayu could write about something new for her. Pressure for example or Workaholics or something like that, she has enough own experience with that assuming that she's one as well.
Or the wish to have own children or something different. There are still some things she could write about and she would be able to include her own feelings again like in the past.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 17th January 2010, 03:22 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by non3ko View Post
douggn
I thought Sparkle was well received. I didn't know, it wasn't that risque. *cough* latex. I see Koda as hot not sexy. Sexy is more like Namie.

gothicayu
I would go into cardiac arrest. Shake it was just too hot~
She'd most likely use Shuya as the main guy in the video.
I couldn't imagine her backup singers Peco and Yoko dancing in the video though...

hpg23
LOL

Crystal_Ageha
The wacoal ad was too much for my brain to process at the time. It was sexy, but awkward. >.<

It's interesting how colorful the responses are in this thread. Her sexual imagery in PVs and live performances are still on the cuter side of the spectrum for me. I think it's in the way she presents herself. It could just be my own warped view of her. I'd sooner associate myself with sexiness than I would her! Looks can be deceiving ya know. She could have her own personal hidden Madonna inside for all we know. lol. I've never seen her do any type of booty shaking, but she did innocently bend over for Shuya on her Identity performance at NL. lol

Even if it may not be her, reflecting on it, she could make it her own if she were to do a sexy song. She writes beautifully and I'm sure she could use symbolism or be as vague as she wants without making it sleazy. It'd be a good challenge, and an amazing feat to see her pull it off. I'd still go nuts though. I think before she gives up music when she's like 80 or something she should do at least one sexual song just to say she's written about everything. Because she nearly has.

I just thought of how cute it'd be to see Ayu as a senior citizen singing in her chipmunk voice! Cute!
Her bending over for shuya in identity performances is kinda weird.... It's quite unlike ayu... More of koda kumi.

Wacoal or sparkle are still alright.... But it's pretty unlike for ayu to go so sexual like koda kumi or madonna etc, base on her personality, she won't really do that i guess.
Old 17th January 2010, 03:30 PM
forgiveness Initiate

I dont understand how she has no problem being sexual on stage with her dancers but she cant be in her lyrics. she can also be sexy in her music videos if she wants to (1 love, sparkle (if that counts lol), my name's women, talkin' 2 myself (tough fierce ***** sexy))

Normally I would think that it wouldn't fit her to sing anything provocative. It wouldn't fit her, you know, leave it to kumi and her clear heels to handle the song. But with 11 studio albums of love love love love, pain pain pain, relationships, relationships, death death death. It's getting old and repetative. She's singing the same concepts over and over but with different lyrics.

I say yes to a sexual song if it means mixing something up and giving us something new that she hasn't done before. Besides, one song? that's not going to kill her. She's had 10 years and over 10 albums to do it and nothing so far.

She's 30+ the cutsey crap needs to end....now...
Old 17th January 2010, 03:36 PM
count down Initiate

She could do sex like Ai Otsuka. Very subtle and indirect lyrics. ^^

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 17th January 2010, 04:21 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I would've flipped if she ever do something like this.

She can do it, but I don't think its her style of music.

Remember, sex sells!
Old 17th January 2010, 04:54 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Most people here are acting as sex (or speaking or singing about it) is something bad or disgusting. o.O
I don't get that, sex is a part of human life and it can be absolutely wonderful.
There are so many ways to write and sing about sex as well. It doesn't have to be explicit or dirty or anything..
This is the problem when most people around are virgin xD *running for my life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
She could do sex like Ai Otsuka. Very subtle and indirect lyrics. ^^
The first part of u post is funny depending on how people understand it xD
But, yeah, Ai Otsuka has wonderful sex themed lyrics... One x Time is very sweet for example^^

-
About "sex sells" Ayu knows that... she is selling sex since LOVEppears era, even if she never sang about it...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, sexual, song