Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)! - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 22nd November 2022, 05:49 PM
rainy day Initiate

Days is one of ayus best works, verging on magnum opus.

“Would it be ok for I to remain the same, ever loving you, just in this way?” This song is the embodiment of the encapsulation of a distinct emotion. The pitter-patter of your heart when you sense you’re falling for someone. The way the cadence of the composition and arrangement mirrors that in its verse. The depth you feel you’ve fallen when you realize you’re in love. The way you get that as the song crescendos into the chorus. The altruistic innocence of being purely content with continuing to experience that persons presence in your life, even if not romantically—merely living the “days”.

It never ceases to marvel me, the melding of creative minds that had to come together so perfectly to paint this scene most simply call “a song.”

Last edited by Zeke.; 22nd November 2022 at 06:14 PM.
Old 23rd November 2022, 04:58 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I love Days

It also brings me back to a very specific moment in my life.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 23rd November 2022, 05:12 PM
Who... Initiate

I wonder when will they announce her tour for next year. I bet it's during or after CDL but I'd like to know early.. I've been thinking about trying to finally attend since TROUBLE TOUR 2020 was cancelled.

Are tickets for Anniversary dates usually hard to get on lotteries?
Old 23rd November 2022, 07:30 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by //ABEST View Post
Are tickets for Anniversary dates usually hard to get on lotteries?
If you're a TA member : Not at all! (Got tickets for both concerts of the 21st anniversary)
Next year would be her 25th anniversary, so you can bet there'll be a concert in april to celebrate it
(unless it's a part of her next tour to promote the new album)

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]
Old 24th November 2022, 05:33 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Me and two of my friends all won 3 tickets each for the 31st show. That used to be unheard of… I’m thinking the demand for her tickets has gone down drastically, or they’re starting to give preferential treatment to TA members for how long they’ve been members even for the normal lottery, or a mix of both. (Iirc, a member of 5 years+ has a different selection for the lottery, but I could be wrong. I’m only on my 3rd consecutive year because I let it expire lol).

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 24th November 2022, 06:12 AM
Who... Initiate

Thank you! I remember times when it was hard to get but now we live in a different kinda world
Old 28th November 2022, 11:28 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Still triggered by the fact I lost all 3 lotteries for CDL14-15. But there was no international TA back then (or I was still using mumo method), so glad its easier to get them now.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 29th November 2022, 03:47 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Endless sorrow is one of her absolute best songs.
I always forget how powerful it is.

Old 30th November 2022, 02:40 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Ayu my top played artist of the year on Apple Music (again lol), with 2650 minutes played...I think I need to branch out a bit haha! Anyone else check their Spotify wrapped / Apple Music replay yet?

Edit: Interestingly no Ayu songs in my top 10 though!
Old 30th November 2022, 03:13 PM
ever free Initiate

Apparently I played Summer Again the most and Non-fiction second most
Ayu was top artist, then Sheena Ringo, Tokyo Jihen, ELT and Utada Hikaru
Attached Thumbnails
2B0B42D4-1E69-4BC6-B6E6-BC25BEAF76CF.jpeg  
Old 1st December 2022, 05:05 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

A Classical is soo good album.
Old 2nd December 2022, 11:24 AM
ever free Initiate

I just rewatched Summer Again MV after a while and I still hate it... it's all just vanity shots, relying on the beauty of the costumes and the bodies and the scenery, but nothing to it. Some of the shots of them dancing in a formation on the beach look more like behind the scenes footage, just front on, too much background, they look like a group of people randomly dancing on the beach... the choreo is massive cringe and they are not into it at all. And Ayu's smile is so fake sometimes all her weird OTT hand gestures as well... there's way too many shots of that. I watched a couple of BoA's new MVs the other day and just wow, the amount they pack in, the quality! Even comparing Summer Again to Inspire, where is the mystique? where is the mood? where is the story? It would have been much better to have it like a party scene, even if they were all dressed ridiculously, the theme of the song is that finally we get to have summer again, so what are they doing on the beach? It's not a creepy ritual. It's not a party. It's not anything :/ Well the cave bits are a bit better, but at the end of the day it's still just posing. For how long can they rely on vanity shots? Mask and Non-fiction were at least a lot more interesting.
Old 3rd December 2022, 06:59 PM
poker face Initiate

The only thing about Summer Again MV (and her last concerts) I hate is the choreography...
Old 3rd December 2022, 09:34 PM
Who... Initiate

are you guys still collecting her physical releases? I stopped to do so after Zutto... / Last minute / Walk and sold my whole collection away. There were couple of pieces I regret selling but I kinda grew out of being a collector. I remember there were some singles that were so freaking expensive on Yahoo! Auctions (like unopened A-single) but they seems to get cheaper these days. are people getting over her or are collectors just growing out of it? KPOP on the other hand has exploded in last couple of years but I don't know are they just "younger generation". I know KPOP is extremely popular nowadays but I feel like collecting KPOP stuff shares same energy as I use to have back in the day with ayu
Old 4th December 2022, 12:36 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^ I agree with you on that, and to add, I am not a collector, and it is not practical for me, besides all of her music is available online. My priorities changed in life I don't have much time anymore, but I understand when someone is passionate and inspired by someone. I think with years people change their interests or do not prioritize them as they use to. I have similar feelings about KPOP, it really looks and sounds good I just don't have enough focus to be devoted anymore.
Old 4th December 2022, 06:33 AM
Initiate

I don’t know if this has been shared before, but I just located the record from which the song Duty sampled the gregorian chant

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?l...&feature=share
Old 4th December 2022, 01:35 PM
SCAR Initiate

I was never a collector of physical releases, only owning few CDs like Memorial address, A BEST 15th anniversary, CAROLS, MY STORY and GUILTY...
I was however a huge digital collector, got rid of everything but for a different reason ?
I noticed the fandom stopped sharing some files, so since I'll always be missing some, might as well stop collecting them in the first place... No regret, felt better actually to get rid of the pression to own everything, and just enjoy what she's doing.

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]
Old 5th December 2022, 07:33 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I actually can’t believe I used to buy every version of every release lol.

Although, if there was a real effort put into promoting her releases, I might be more excited to purchase them. It was the whole build up that really made it an experience for me. Once she stopped magazine and tv promo, my excitement kind of took a nosedive…

Old 6th December 2022, 12:56 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I still enjoy collecting, but these days I just can't afford it. The next album will probably be this first one I won't buy for a while (but I am planning to eventually). I've never been consistent with buying her DVDs, compilations and singles though
Old 10th December 2022, 07:03 PM
YOU Initiate

I have most of her singles and the older albums. Also I love photobooks, I wish she would do another one.
I am not buying so much anymore and most of the time second hand not new releases. Because I use spotify I dont have the need to buy new music releases phisical immediately when they come out (not just with Ayus music releases but in general)