New album (January 2023) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th April 2022, 12:53 PM
Love song H-Initiate

New album (January 2023)

"Title Undecided"
on sale 25.01.2023

On January 25, 2023 the 18th original full-length album will come on sale.

This is the first full-length album in six years since "M(A)DE IN JAPAN" released on June 29, 2016, and the first album since "TROUBLE" released on August 15, 2018!

Ayu, who has delivered songs that touch the hearts of many people across generations, now expresses all of her creativity in the format of a “full album”.

=== EDITIONS ========
[CD+2DVD+Goods]
¥12,500 AVZ1-63413/B~C
✦ TeamAyu / mu-mo shop limited edition
✦ Luxury BOX specification
✦ Goods: Special book (80 pages A4 size)
✦ Sumapura music code
✦ TeamAyu's original bonus "undecided (Bonus B)"
‣ DISC-1 - CD
・オヒアの木
・Dreamed a Dream
・23rd Monster
・春よ、来い
・Nonfiction
・Summer Again
・Mask
※12 songs total, order undecided

‣ DISC-2 - DVD
01. オヒアの木 (music video)
02. Dreamed a Dream (music video)
03. 23rd Monster (music video)
04. 春よ、来い (music video)
05. Nonfiction (music video)
06. Summer Again (music video)
07. Mask (music video)
08. オヒアの木 (making clip)
09. Dreamed a Dream (making clip)
10. 23rd Monster (making clip)
11. 春よ、来い (making clip)
12. Nonfiction (making clip)
13. Summer Again (making clip)
14. Mask (making clip)

‣ DISC-3 - DVD a-nation online 2020
00. opening
01. Dreamed a Dream
02. Startin'
03. Jump!
04. GET IN GEAR!
05. vogue
06. Far away
07. SEASONS
08. ayu-mi-x Mega Mix -a-nation 2020-
09. Greatful days ~ glitter ~ independent ~ Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ ~ You & Me
10. BLUE BIRD
11. July 1st

[CD+2Blu-ray+Goods]
¥12,500 AVZ1-63414/B~C
✦ TeamAyu / mu-mo shop limited edition
✦ Luxury BOX specification
✦ Goods: Special book (80 pages A4 size)
✦ Sumapura music code
✦ TeamAyu's original bonus "undecided (Bonus B)"
‣ DISC-1 - CD
‣ DISC-2 - Blu-ray
‣ DISC-3 - Blu-ray a-nation online 2020

[CD+DVD]
¥4,500 AVCD-63410/B
✦ Sumapura music code
✦ TeamAyu's original bonus "undecided (Bonus A)"
‣ DISC-1 - CD
‣ DISC-2 - DVD

[CD+Blu-ray]
¥4,500 AVCD-63411/B
✦ Sumapura music code
‣ DISC-1 - CD
‣ DISC-2 - Blu-ray

[CD]
¥3,200 AVCD-63412
✦ Sumapura music code
‣ DISC-1 - CD

Last edited by Aderianu; 21st November 2022 at 06:20 PM.
Old 7th April 2022, 12:57 PM
Love song H-Initiate

List of the songs not released on any album yet

- Pray for you - we don't know for sure if it's actual song or just instrumental
- Ohia no ki
- Dreamed a dream
- 23rd Monster
- Haru yo koi - was on A Ballads 2, but such things never stopped ayu from releasing same songs on compilations and full albums
- One night carnival - same
- Nonfiction
- My All (Chinese version) - good applicant for bonus track at Chinese version of the album

Last edited by Aderianu; 7th April 2022 at 01:00 PM.
Old 7th April 2022, 02:07 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Ohia no Ki was on A BALLADS 2, as well. I definitely want it on the new album, though. It just feels right.

As for Pray For You, I genuinely think we were all misled by Ayu's post about it. I don't think it's ever gonna be more than that instrumental/choir version we heard.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 7th April 2022 at 02:21 PM.
Old 7th April 2022, 02:39 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
List of the songs not released on any album yet

- Pray for you - we don't know for sure if it's actual song or just instrumental
- Ohia no ki
- Dreamed a dream
- 23rd Monster
- Haru yo koi - was on A Ballads 2, but such things never stopped ayu from releasing same songs on compilations and full albums
- One night carnival - same
- Nonfiction
- My All (Chinese version) - good applicant for bonus track at Chinese version of the album
I think MY ALL is probably going to be cut, if not a second Bonus Track after One Night Carnival. I noticed that she puts all her cover tributes as the final/bonus track since A ONE so this is likely to happen here as well.

春よ、来い will probably be on the album, too. (RAINBOW did not get included in the next album, but it was re-included in the DVD-Audio of RAINBOW if I'm not mistaken - i.e. we've seen precedent of this happening.)

that said, we already have at least seven full songs, so all she needs is one intro and two interludes - voila, original full album! /lh

I do hope we get more than 10 songs, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
As for Pray For You, I genuinely think we were all misled by Ayu's post about it. I don't think it's ever gonna be more than that instrumental/choir version we heard.
from the CDL snippet, it does sound like a full song, which seems to be a mediocre ballad, for my taste, but it certainly seems to be too long and nondescript to be an instrumental-only song. we'll see! I'm very curious about its final version. hope it's not as boring as I expect.

Last edited by Deep snow; 7th April 2022 at 02:42 PM.
Old 7th April 2022, 02:52 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I mean, initially we were all under the impression that she was going sing it at the CDL but since that was cancelled, she uploaded the instrumental as a "treat" / "teaser".
However, she did include the whole song (sung by the choir) in MfL Return, which leads me to believe it was never more than that. If it was going to be a proper Ayu song, then why didn't she sing it there? After all, it seemed very important to her to showcase it during the Music for Life show. It's not like there wasn't enough time to finish it either.

It seems more like it's one of those concert 'filler songs' to me. She's had several full non-Ayu songs as interludes, so this wouldn't be too far off.

You never know with Ayu, but in my opinion it wouldn't really make sense to turn this into a proper song about a year and a half later (after showing an instrumetal & choir version). That would have to be the weirdest roll-out for a song, ever.

One more thing: I actually like the instrumental and wouldn't be opposed to hearing a version with Ayu singing on it – I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 7th April 2022 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Correcting typo #4646
Old 7th April 2022, 04:06 PM
too late Initiate

Unpopular opinion: although I don't want an eight-track album with two new songs only, I don't want a sixteen-track album either (even some of them being interludes). One of my complaints towards MY STORY is its length. I like cohesiveness, but objectivity too. If she delivers a very solid and non-repetitive 16-track album, ok, but I prefer a strong release above all, so if it's 10 tracks with 4 new songs but a superb album, I'll be satisfied.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 7th April 2022, 04:17 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I am happy if we get to have all the past years songs on a same album in HQ and as a proper release, all extra material is bonus. I hope we get 2-3 new songs too, but I don't need 8 new tracks. 16 tracks album won't happen. I expect a similliar content as Love again (a mixed bag of all mini-albums, singles and compilation plus few new songs... I hope they will have the decency to not include any TROUBLE tracks on it)
Old 7th April 2022, 04:20 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^I can't see them including TROUBLE tracks, it wouldn't make sense. LOVE again was an exception, with the EPs being glorified maxi singles (they released anything BUT a proper single at that time, maybe avex hoped to keep the streak alive for longer).

We're gonna get a couple of new songs at the very least.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 7th April 2022 at 04:26 PM.
Old 7th April 2022, 04:37 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Watch her not include any previous released song and give us a completely new full album. Tbh, everything is possible. But i really think we’re getting more than 3 new songs. As much, I can see DaD, Ohia, 23rd, the new one, and Haru yo as bonus. That’s 5, and as a full album it will have at least 10 tracks so...

Guys do you know what would be awesome? A collaboration with Koda kumi. To be honest, I think if we use social media to promote the idea and let them know how much we want it, it might happen. What do you guys think? Anyone up to it?

Last edited by Toniayu123; 7th April 2022 at 04:56 PM.
Old 7th April 2022, 05:07 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
Watch her not include any previous released song and give us a completely new full album. Tbh, everything is possible. But i really think we’re getting more than 3 new songs. As much, I can see DaD, Ohia, 23rd, the new one, and Haru yo as bonus. That’s 5, and as a full album it will have at least 10 tracks so...

Guys do you know what would be awesome? A collaboration with Koda kumi. To be honest, I think if we use social media to promote the idea and let them know how much we want it, it might happen. What do you guys think? Anyone up to it?
A collaboration with them would be nice since they have similiar fanbase but I don't see it happening as they had few opportunities to collaborate together (A nation, tributes album, going to each other's concert) but they never collaborated.
Old 7th April 2022, 05:10 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Now this may be unpopular opinion but I can't picture in my head ayu x kuu collaboration.

I am super excited about the album. There is so much to look forward to, the tracklist announcement, the covers, the first press bonuses and in general different editions. All the songs she has released in recent years give me high hopes for the new material. Ah, the autumn is going to be so great!
Old 7th April 2022, 09:29 PM
poker face Initiate

I must say that I'm more excited about the album tour than the album itself ^^' It's about time we have a tour with a proper theme/vision/new songs again and not another tour with a selection of old songs that she's been doing basically since Just the beginning back in 2017
Old 7th April 2022, 09:50 PM
appears Initiate

Excited for the new album!!
Old 7th April 2022, 11:57 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Now this may be unpopular opinion but I can't picture in my head ayu x kuu collaboration.
At this point I don't think it would be unpopular. Ayu and Kuu have openly hung out and clearly respect each other. At this point the competition era is past, and they're both queens with nothing left to prove just doing the work they want. A collaboration would be great!
Old 8th April 2022, 12:21 AM
poker face Initiate

It wouldn't be reasonable to delay it to autumn since she has already released like 4/5 songs of the album. Maybe she won't include Haruyo and Ohia in the tracklist (I hope so).
Old 8th April 2022, 03:24 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I personally hope it’s not all EDM inspired…

Considering the description mentions R&B for Nonfiction (even though I’d disagree lol, based on the concert at least), and since she sang from your letter, which leans far more to R&B, I’d love love love if she went in that direction for some songs.

I’m boring maybe, but I love easy listening songs lol. Also, she mentioned Komuro who, at one time, made great R&B songs.

Something like Amuro’s Private would be fantastic too. With Ayu’s deeper register now, I think it could be great.

In terms of jacket, I assume it’s related to the picture from the cafe, however if I had my way—it would be great to have a picture with some depth… instead of a flat closeup of her face in an empty studio lol. I miss her “destination” photo shoots.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 8th April 2022 at 03:36 AM.
Old 8th April 2022, 03:40 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

wow we are just two interludes away from a full album. do we need to wait till autumn for it?

let's just hope that MY ALL (Chinese version) has a chance to be showcased LIVE in some Chinese-speaking countries that is not under some lock down.
Old 8th April 2022, 07:23 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Wait for more informaion!
Old 8th April 2022, 07:25 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
wow we are just two interludes away from a full album. do we need to wait till autumn for it?
I don't understand it either. Also why we need to wait until 22 April if song is ready and it will be digital release
Old 8th April 2022, 11:42 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Hopefully because it comes with a video that includes the all-pink shot! We think her weird angle wide eyed insta picture is from that shooting day, meaning the video could have been shot recently and needing editing?

I'm not a fan of the cover in the sense that the picture from the café looked so much better! I would have loved a full body shot for the cover with the wall she has a hand against showing the title!

It might be hopeful thinking but I really want to believe in a 10 tracks, 2 interludes, no Haru yo koi, no One night carnival situation!

Ideally something like:

Trickstar (interlude)
Nonfiction
New song (upbeat)
Dreamed a dream
23rd Monster
Interlude (tasuku)
New song (rock ballad)
Ohia no hi
New song
New song
Closed Thread