Beyoncé Runs The World in her 1st Thread - Page 17 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 19th July 2016, 11:52 AM
ćternal Initiate

I wonder when Bey will have a stop tour here in Japan

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 19th July 2017, 06:07 PM
No way to say Initiate

I've never been a fan of Beyonce, but I've just watcher her Grammy 2017 performance (because someone mentioned it in Just the beginning thread) and it's soooo good it's so beautiful. I want to watch it again and again.

now I also learnt more about her relationship with Jay-Z. I just can't understand how he could cheat on her. and it's so great that she forgave him.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto

Last edited by YUKARI; 19th July 2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old 22nd July 2017, 10:17 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
I've never been a fan of Beyonce, but I've just watcher her Grammy 2017 performance (because someone mentioned it in Just the beginning thread) and it's soooo good it's so beautiful. I want to watch it again and again.

now I also learnt more about her relationship with Jay-Z. I just can't understand how he could cheat on her. and it's so great that she forgave him.
I just can't feel shit for their situation. Bey is so self-absorbed and very aggressive about being the main attraction. It's been an issue with her since Bills, Bills, Bills. I would've cheated too, if only because it gets exhausting being around someone who may be talented but often has that talent blown way out of proportion. Bey's good, but she's no Janet, or Madonna, or even Rihanna. She just isn't original; she's a mix of a lot of things other people have already done with her own spin on it. She's like the Apple of musicians. She steals ideas, makes them into something really cool looking, and sells it back to the public. And just like Apple, she wants people to give her credit for the original idea.

Bey is a good performer. But I absolutely can't stand her collaborations... any time she's on stage with another artist, she has to go over them -- steal the show, grab the attention, get the biggest applause. She's done that with Jay, with Shakira, with Lady Gaga -- all artists who've respected and said good things about Bey. But also people Bey will stuff into outfits that make them less attractive (like Gaga in Video Phone), work the video editors to cut down the number of scenes they have in a music video or try to one-up a hallmark of another artist (like when Bey tried to do Shakira better than Shakira in the Beautiful Liar video). She's been notoriously rude to Michelle, and back to Letoya and LaTavia. (No one cares about Farrah, but still...) She deliberately upstaged Coldplay at THEIR half-time show. She ripped off Lana Del Rey for the Formation Tour promotions.

My only good point with her has been the occasional song. I liked Formation. I liked Radio. I liked Halo. I liked Deja Vu. But as an artist, she's just not what I think of when I think of amazing people in music.

All of my points would shift if I saw Bey do just ONE album, ONE tour, you know... ONE song that can't be easily traced back to an idea from someone else. ONE song where she isn't on the songwriting or production credits even though her name in the personnel list only says: "vocals, producer (all tracks), vocal producer (all tracks), executive producer". We know Bey isn't doing all that work. We've seen the BTS videos of her ordering people around in the studio and on stage. She's not laying down sounds herself or mixing her own vocals.

Anyway, I know this is a Bey forum. But I get frustrated with this woman. She's got so much talent, but next to zero originality. And being good at something isn't the same as being a legend.

-> <-
Old 26th July 2017, 01:11 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
I just can't feel shit for their situation. Bey is so self-absorbed and very aggressive about being the main attraction. It's been an issue with her since Bills, Bills, Bills. I would've cheated too, if only because it gets exhausting being around someone who may be talented but often has that talent blown way out of proportion. Bey's good, but she's no Janet, or Madonna, or even Rihanna. She just isn't original; she's a mix of a lot of things other people have already done with her own spin on it. She's like the Apple of musicians. She steals ideas, makes them into something really cool looking, and sells it back to the public. And just like Apple, she wants people to give her credit for the original idea.

Bey is a good performer. But I absolutely can't stand her collaborations... any time she's on stage with another artist, she has to go over them -- steal the show, grab the attention, get the biggest applause. She's done that with Jay, with Shakira, with Lady Gaga -- all artists who've respected and said good things about Bey. But also people Bey will stuff into outfits that make them less attractive (like Gaga in Video Phone), work the video editors to cut down the number of scenes they have in a music video or try to one-up a hallmark of another artist (like when Bey tried to do Shakira better than Shakira in the Beautiful Liar video). She's been notoriously rude to Michelle, and back to Letoya and LaTavia. (No one cares about Farrah, but still...) She deliberately upstaged Coldplay at THEIR half-time show. She ripped off Lana Del Rey for the Formation Tour promotions.

My only good point with her has been the occasional song. I liked Formation. I liked Radio. I liked Halo. I liked Deja Vu. But as an artist, she's just not what I think of when I think of amazing people in music.

All of my points would shift if I saw Bey do just ONE album, ONE tour, you know... ONE song that can't be easily traced back to an idea from someone else. ONE song where she isn't on the songwriting or production credits even though her name in the personnel list only says: "vocals, producer (all tracks), vocal producer (all tracks), executive producer". We know Bey isn't doing all that work. We've seen the BTS videos of her ordering people around in the studio and on stage. She's not laying down sounds herself or mixing her own vocals.

Anyway, I know this is a Bey forum. But I get frustrated with this woman. She's got so much talent, but next to zero originality. And being good at something isn't the same as being a legend.
Who hurt you
Old 26th July 2017, 03:52 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
Who hurt you
Well-- A for effort, I guess.

-> <-
Old 27th July 2017, 11:16 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
Well-- A for effort, I guess.
lol I was just pulling at your strings Not everyone is going to enjoy Beyoncé and that's okay.

Wonder what she has in store for 2018.
Old 27th July 2017, 11:37 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I just don't really get going to a thread dedicated to an artist you dislike to say how much you dislike them...

I wonder if the Formation Tour will get any video release x_x

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 18th June 2018, 10:40 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

she released a joint album with Jay-Z as THE CARTERS! it's called "EVERYTHING IS LOVE"

SUMMER
APESHIT
BOSS
NICE
FRIENDS
HEARD ABOUT US
BLACK EFFECT
LOVEHAPPY

you can buy it on iTunes, Amazon Music, listen on Spotify (premium-only release until July 2) and TIDAL.

they also released a video for "APESHIT":

they also released a standalone single titled "SALUD!" which is only available on TIDAL for now.

the album is really good. my favorites are SUMMER, BOSS, HEARD ABOUT US, BLACK EFFECT and LOVEHAPPY. SALUD! is also very good.

Last edited by hud; 18th June 2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 18th June 2018, 11:04 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Agreed! So in love with the album! <3

Tags
beyonce