[Official Message] Winter single "Zutto... / Last minute / Walk" 2014.12.24 in stores II - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th December 2014, 05:30 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
See the problem is with the fact that they are being categorized as "not great but not bad." That's practically everything she's released lately. ALWAYS "well it's subtle and an enjoyable song to play for unwinding" etc. I'm so sick of that. I have enough of those type of tracks. And honestly, I listen to those type of tracks very often. But, those type of songs used to be the odd ones out. Now, the power tracks have become the rare gems. Ballads do not have to be boring. Her strong suit for me bad always been her ability to create a ballad that sounded completely birthed - something that seemed as if it were just meant to be that way. Songs that had a clear rise and fall, give and take, and thorough building of the energy. Look at walking proud. The song is a ballad no doubt, but something about it makes me forget it is a ballad because it's so LUSH. Moments as well and No way to say. All of those songs. That's what she's missing.

So no, Ayu is not "back", because she hasn't been able to deliver this feeling or capture that sound since pre-Love songs. As much as I love Love songs, none of the tracks made an impression like that initially. So even those tracks lack that "powerful from the get-go feeling". She's always fucking dancing around the shore-line and never fully dives in. BITCH I WANT TO FUCKING SWIM IN THE OCEAN SO QUIT FUCKING AROUND WITH ME.

++++++++++1111111111

For some reason, I can't fathom she actually likes these songs? There's just zero passion and it feels like she's just playing it safe to pander to Japan lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I wonder how many of the people complaining about the mixing actually knows what mixing is...
It must be rocket science only your advanced brain can understand. Why don't you enlighten us?

I'm so amused some of you are still SO pressed about people having differing opinions that you all need to make insulting judgments about others' taste and knowledge lol. I thought most of us were adults? Why can't we all just agree to grow out of that phase?
Old 16th December 2014, 05:36 PM
Love song H-Initiate

1400x1400
Old 16th December 2014, 05:55 PM
everlasting dream Initiate

I'm trying to transcribe the lyrics by ear. Last Minute is giving me trouble >.>

Any suggestions for the missing parts?

[1:59]
yoru ???? asa ni tokete kokoro nakushita
sayonara mo ienai hodo
subete wa subete shimaitai

[2:15]
saigo no egao nante oboete ta kurai wa
nee ??????? kiete
aisaretai to negau atashi ga dare no koto mo
aisenai (koto ni?) ???????

Spoiler:

夜???朝に溶けて心亡くした
さよならも言えないほど
全ては全てしまいたい

最後の笑顔なんて覚えてたくらいは
ねえ?????消えて
愛されたいと願う私が誰のことも
愛せない????

Last edited by tenshi no hane; 16th December 2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 16th December 2014, 06:08 PM
SCAR Initiate

^ it's not much help but I hear something like "kuchi ni kiete" for the second part. Also, I believe it's "Hodo ni" instead of "Koto ni" and MAYBE the sentence ends with a kitto. the music is just too loud...
Old 16th December 2014, 06:08 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Aw, I think I actually like Walk the most now on second listen--Last minute's good, but the instruments get overwhelming at points. All's good though!

Old 16th December 2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ View Post
^ it's not much help but I hear something like "kuchi ni kiete" for the second part. Also, I believe it's "Hodo ni" instead of "Koto ni" and MAYBE the sentence ends with a kitto. the music is just too loud...
Thanks. Yeah, I'm wavering between 'koto ni' and 'hodo ni'.
Old 16th December 2014, 06:14 PM
Prologue Initiate

I'm in love with the songs~ especially Last Minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
I'm trying to transcribe the lyrics by ear. Last Minute is giving me trouble >.>

Any suggestions for the missing parts?

[1:59]
yoru ???? asa ni tokete kokoro nakushita
sayonara mo ienai hodo
subete wa subete shimaitai

nee ??????? kiete
aisenai (koto ni?) ???????

Spoiler:

夜???朝に溶けて心亡くした
さよならも言えないほど
全ては全てしまいたい

最後の笑顔なんて覚えてたくらいは
ねえ?????消えて
愛されたいと願う私が誰のことも
愛せない????
The 'yoru' part is hard to hear haha (捲くれ[る] maybe?). This is what i got from the 2nd part
[2:15] "nee utteru (or 'nemutteru') furi wo shite'ru uchi ni kiete" (?)
"aisenai koto ni anata wa ????"

Last edited by A Loon; 16th December 2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 16th December 2014, 06:27 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I've just listened to single and I'd like to say that Last minute is OMFG WHATISTHIS AAA GIMMEMORE GIMMEGIMMEGIMME *bleeding* awesome!!!1111111oneoneone

Overall, I'm so pleased with this release! I'm not fond of Zutto... that much yet, but Last minute and Walk are absolutely beautiful.
Old 16th December 2014, 06:31 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Listened all full songs.... Walk > Last minute > Zutto... But they are amazing!
Old 16th December 2014, 06:35 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Last minutes was great, at first I think it gonna be like Curtain Call, she sing with only one instrument. When the beat gets up suddenly, I was like 'holly crap!' then it turns out to be the Ayu medium pop I know, which is not that special. It's like that Return Road... which I less like.
Walk was rather boring with that LA LA LA thingy, the instruments though was powerful.
Zutto... was nice and yes, her voice surely like back in the old days. I like the instrument part after second chorus, powerful.
Well, I need to listen to this single more to love it. And I'm pretty sure it won't take long.

Last edited by Refix; 16th December 2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 16th December 2014, 06:36 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I like all of the songs too! I have mixed feelings about Last Minute because at first listen i thought it was a little messy but i really like Zutto... and Walk although not being the "woah woah" songs everyone expected them to be

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 16th December 2014, 06:48 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Pleasantly surprised with the single overall!

Zutto... has a very familiar and old school Ayu sound to it reminiscent of MY STORY and (Miss)understood that i enjoy. But thankfully not in the tiresome way of most of LOVE Again's ballads, which never really captured the magic of her old stuff. The pre-chorus up until the "Zutto, Zutto" part is pretty bland, but i really like everything else here! Great track.

Last Minute is definitely the stand out song on this single, it's everything i love in a Ayu track. I haven't gotten this much emotion from her in a long ass time and i agree with the people saying that it's very Memorial Address part 2

But damn, whoever mixed it needs to be fired.. The transition from the piano to the rock bit is anything but smooth, it sounds horrific and actually throws me off a bit.

Walk gave me hope for a new BALLAD upon hearing that glorious intro, but then it all feel down like a house of cards. Typical run of the mill ballad in the vein of Meaning of Love and most of LOVE Again. Just no thank you.

Zutto.. > Last Minute > Walk

DeviantArt | Coverlandia | Flickr | Tumblr

I’m the only one giving my all
and I suppose that’s how it must be..
i’ll push through the smoke and be buried in noise

Old 16th December 2014, 06:55 PM
Because of You Initiate

f...it Ayu delivered it for me with Last Minute. I always knew it's not time to give up on her like i gave up on GACKT. She did it.

I hadn't felt this kind of thing for any of her songs for a good while now. even Melody that i adore to death didn't do it for me then.

I love how rough the guitars are, i love how rough it sounds. The mess as some of you described, makes perfect sense to me. It's called Last minute for a reason. If it was too polished i think i wouldn't like it as much. Now it's so unpredictable with these pauses and vocals. I like how it just gets in your face with the guitars after the soft piano. As if like you just realized that this is the last minute for something and everything just goes kaboom in your head and you don't know what to do, you just get confused and scared and everythign else. It's such a wave of different things, it's brilliant! GIMME MORE OF THIS REAL STUFF, Ayu~!

In fact i have to say they all are pretty good, better than anythign she's been poping out till this.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 16th December 2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 16th December 2014, 07:08 PM
YOU Initiate

I am so happy with this single. Walk and Zutto... are beautiful. Last minute, if i had to be honest, is my least favorite of the three but I still LOVE it. I understand that a lot of people on here may not like the song, and that is okay. People are allowed their own opinions. However, what I do not like to see is people saying that Ayu or her team is not putting time into the music. Also, people are upset with ayu because it is not exactly the type of style that you want to hear... but it is her music, so naturally it's going to be what she wants it to be. She clearly is very happy with this release and this sound overall, which makes me happy.
Old 16th December 2014, 07:10 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
See the problem is with the fact that they are being categorized as "not great but not bad." That's practically everything she's released lately. ALWAYS "well it's subtle and an enjoyable song to play for unwinding" etc. I'm so sick of that. I have enough of those type of tracks. And honestly, I listen to those type of tracks very often. But, those type of songs used to be the odd ones out. Now, the power tracks have become the rare gems. Ballads do not have to be boring. Her strong suit for me bad always been her ability to create a ballad that sounded completely birthed - something that seemed as if it were just meant to be that way. Songs that had a clear rise and fall, give and take, and thorough building of the energy. Look at walking proud. The song is a ballad no doubt, but something about it makes me forget it is a ballad because it's so LUSH. Moments as well and No way to say. All of those songs. That's what she's missing.

So no, Ayu is not "back", because she hasn't been able to deliver this feeling or capture that sound since pre-Love songs. As much as I love Love songs, none of the tracks made an impression like that initially. So even those tracks lack that "powerful from the get-go feeling". She's always fucking dancing around the shore-line and never fully dives in. BITCH I WANT TO FUCKING SWIM IN THE OCEAN SO QUIT FUCKING AROUND WITH ME.

This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
I'm pretty much with Zeke on this. Ayu's ballads for the last few years have been "acceptable" rather than "fantastic" and honestly I can't differentiate between them in my mind for the most part.
...and this.
Old 16th December 2014, 07:15 PM
Lelio Protector

So far sounds great. I really love the 3 previews. That feeling.
I actually think that these are her best ballads in some years now.

Not bad? No great? nope. They are beautiful. They crap on any ballad since You were.../BALLAD and maybe further. imo.

I WANT PVs though =(

Last edited by ayumisrael; 16th December 2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 16th December 2014, 07:15 PM
UNITE! Initiate

After listening to the full songs in HQ, I must say I'm now loving Zutto...
Her voice is really pretty in it and it's a simple and traditional ayu ballad.
Walk is among the lines of SAKURA to me. <3
Old 16th December 2014, 07:16 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I feel that i have listening this song for ...years?
i was doing my things in the computer while i was listening this songs
and in a minute i forgot what i was listening
first single that doesn't call my atention at all.
Old 16th December 2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Loon View Post
The 'yoru' part is hard to hear haha (捲くれ[る] maybe?). This is what i got from the 2nd part
[2:15] "nee utteru (or 'nemutteru') furi wo shite'ru uchi ni kiete" (?)
"aisenai koto ni anata wa ????"
Thanks! She keeps saying 'nee' in every song that I didn't notice it was 'nemutte'

I now hear 'hanareba' in the last line.

nemutte ru furi wo shite ru uchi ni kiete
aisenai (koto ni anata wa / koto ni hanareba? kitto?) ???????
Old 16th December 2014, 07:24 PM
Lelio Protector

Also after reading the lyrics (thank you tenshi no hane) they are astonishing.
I have to admit I really dig Walk, a lot.

I really really want PVs for these.

My last.fm account will say in a few months my appreciation/favoring order for the single lol
I really like the 3 songs right now, and we didn't hear the full stuff yet.

(and tenshi no hane, I wonder if you got my PM a month ago =P)
Closed Thread

Tags
kunio tago, last minute, tetsuya komuro, tetsuya yukumi, walk, zutto...