[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of ~You were.../BALLAD~ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th January 2010, 01:24 AM
Trauma Initiate

so llooooowwww...real lowwww... beyond my prediction..
Old 5th January 2010, 02:34 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain-kawaii123 View Post
The comments about downloading~

I think that downloading will become less and less, so the sales will go up... This is because I heard that in Japan, they are making it illegal to post any links to songs on the internet unless you are sharing with friends. Already 3 people have been arrested on account of this....

Can anyone confirm this? Like, did anyone else hear the same thing?

But in regard to the sales, I'm kinda disappointed, but hopefully, they will go up!!! Waaaay up!!!
They were talking about legal downloads, which aren't going anywhere.
Old 5th January 2010, 02:44 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Why? Her sales don't just drop, they are quite stellar and she even manages to outsell her singles released up to 3 years ago
I just expected too much of this single, I guess. I mean, I think it's a GREAT single, and I really wanted it to do amazing, especially compared to her last few. It also scares me that her sales are still dropping and everything... But it's bound to happen. And yeah, she's still a bigger seller than pretty much everybody (not counting boybands, of course X_X), so I'm proud of her. Just thought it would get over 100K the first week.
Old 5th January 2010, 02:52 AM
End roll Initiate

Location: At the forbidden place where I am waiting to fly away
It seems that Y/B cant pass the 100k mark in first week...such a pity...

Despite Its Brightness

It Is A Gloomy Sky...

Old 5th January 2010, 03:01 AM
ourselves Initiate

I'm not as disappointed in the sales. It's still a number 1 single, so it's all good in my book.

My travel blog
Old 5th January 2010, 03:19 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzette View Post
Anyway, Maybe if the Japanese came off their prices just a bit, and maybe made like a Standard CD press that was like 500Y/700Y, no gimmicks, just the plain CD, maybe that would bring out more buyers. Cause I know for along time when I was unable to watch the DVDs, I just bought CD Onlys.

I think CD Only's should be about 700Y, then CD/DVD's maybe 1,300Y. 1,000/1,800 is just way too much since you can go to Itunes Japan and buy the main 2 singles for just 200Y each digitally. When you put it that way of course it attracts people to digital, it's cheaper, and who doesn't like saving money?

~~~~~ How could anyone not mention Junko? Ai no mama de is a legendary song. But it makes me sad that somebody as legendary as Ayumi Hamasaki can't sell 500,000 anymore, A person with a fanbase that probably out weighs Junko's by millions. It really makes me sad. I realize Junko was a one hit wonder, and her other songs haven't matched it in sales by any means. So I guess one can't compare Junko Akimoto to Ayumi Hamasaki. But I wish success stories like that still happened in Japan.
I don't even buy physical singles but I definitely would if they were cheaper and I agree with everything you said about that.

-- What I find amazing about Junko Akimoto is that she's in her 60s yet her single was the 3rd best selling single of 2009!! She's the Japanese Susan Boyle but while I of course wish Ayu could have top 10 yearly singles again, she's still more or less consistent in the sense that she doesn't have singles that actually bomb selling 10K or something like other very talented musicians that went through a high prime and dropped flat.

We also have to remember, including myself, that other artists don't do so amazing singles-wise either. Take GreeeeN for example; they've had amazing sales with Kiseki for example and their albums sell very well but other well known songs like Setsuna and the bulk of their singles haven't even sold 100K.

Basically, I mentioned other artists for comparison with their popularity and sales and I've come to the conclusion that sales =/= popularity.
de tu puņo y letra
Old 5th January 2010, 03:21 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Each year the sales down & down !!!!
Why ????

TWICE

Old 5th January 2010, 04:01 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

wow the sales..and it didnt stay for a whole week. i really liked this single.. T__T but hey shes still at the top.
Please watch over me.
Old 5th January 2010, 04:48 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ I actually consider that the more disappointing thing. It wasn't able to hold the number 1 spot for the whole week even though Fukuyama's single was released way back on the 16th. The drops of the sales seem even more severe than usual.
Old 5th January 2010, 06:38 AM
no more words Initiate

I do find it quite disheartening that even a country as technologically advanced as Japan still doesn't count downloads in their charts. Although when that day happens, I'm sure Ayu's #1 streak will be even harder to maintain because of the fluctuating popularity of some artists that peak over Ayu's constant (popularity).

I'm not disappointed based on the fact that physical sales are going down worldwide, but like many others here, I expected a little more from this single.
Old 5th January 2010, 06:49 AM
independent Initiate

It's still gonna get number one right?

Old 5th January 2010, 06:52 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
^ I actually consider that the more disappointing thing. It wasn't able to hold the number 1 spot for the whole week even though Fukuyama's single was released way back on the 16th. The drops of the sales seem even more severe than usual.
You can prolly blame the drops and inconsistency on the holidays, I mean when did she sell 10k two days in a row and then drop to 3k. Sunrise wasn't able to hold the number one spot for the whole week either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
I just expected too much of this single, I guess. I mean, I think it's a GREAT single, and I really wanted it to do amazing, especially compared to her last few. It also scares me that her sales are still dropping and everything... But it's bound to happen. And yeah, she's still a bigger seller than pretty much everybody (not counting boybands, of course X_X), so I'm proud of her. Just thought it would get over 100K the first week.
I thought talkin' 2 myself was the best single she had in a while and it's among her lowest selling singles, so after that I pretty much stopped expecting anything

As I said the single is going to outsell the previous one and that itself is something not many female artists in Japan can do right now.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th January 2010, 06:58 AM
Will Initiate

gosh why did this epic single has low selling n it wasnt number 1 anymore..

I AM ESSITED! Taeyeon Thank you miroro

code:exoaffxtionnanaseven

Old 5th January 2010, 07:00 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
You can prolly blame the drops and inconsistency on the holidays, I mean when did she sell 10k two days in a row and then drop to 3k. Sunrise wasn't able to hold the number one spot for the whole week either...
Oh I think for sure its the holidays. But the holidays are going to effect the other artists sales too and even still Ayu wasn't able to remain at number 1 throughout the week.
Old 5th January 2010, 07:27 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Should I be happy or sad? Honestly, sales are starting to not get to me. But of course, as much as everything else, I want her to KEEP her #1 streak no matter wad. Sales can flop on the whole but the #1 thing is kinda like an achievement.

I think it's doing ok considering so many holidays. But damn I thought CDL would help since they sold there too. There are some major holidays still coming up in Japan isnt it?

seriously, is the ringtone thing even helping?
Old 5th January 2010, 07:30 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Gosh
im not disapointed for the sales because my prediction is lower than this
80k for 1st week is alright for her this time with this average single
i thoght the first week would be 75k like s/s and 1st+2nd week = 110
that would be great
Old 5th January 2010, 07:33 AM
Dolls Initiate

I was expecting the total sales to be in between s/s and r/s...so I am satisfied with the sales so far. This single does deserve higher sales but oh well what can you do. I finally received my copies in the mail...love the packaging!
Old 5th January 2010, 07:37 AM
ourselves Initiate

i'm quite dissappointed...i loveee this single very much,it's great for me.but the japanese fans should appreciate this more,they should continue to support Ayu.she's a legendary for me

but she still at the #1 rite,if so it'd be really ok and i hope for the second week this single will sell more,go Ayu
Old 5th January 2010, 07:45 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

poo , all I know's that You were ... / BALLAD will definitely outsell Sunrise / Sunset in the long run

sales are just secondary to me , what matters's that the single will get #1 eventually at the end which I know that will happen

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 5th January 2010, 07:46 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

On another hand why is Fukuyama beating her atm? Well his single isn't even available as a full track on Recochoku, but just as a ringtone, kinda the same what B'z did with Ichibu to Zenbu/DIVE...which kinda doesn't leave people too many options.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, you were.../ballad