[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of ~You were.../BALLAD~ - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th January 2010, 07:49 AM
P.S II Initiate

when we are expressing our disappointment on ayu's sales here, ayu herself is feeling stressed up more and more in every single and album release.

avex has spent so much in promoting ayu's music since (trucks, collaboration with shops, etc), yet ayu's earning value (in the eyes of avex) is dropping seriously.

i dunno avex will spend as much money and effort as like this if ayu's sales is decreasing to a point...
Old 5th January 2010, 08:06 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadashun View Post
when we are expressing our disappointment on ayu's sales here, ayu herself is feeling stressed up more and more in every single and album release.

avex has spent so much in promoting ayu's music since (trucks, collaboration with shops, etc), yet ayu's earning value (in the eyes of avex) is dropping seriously.

i dunno avex will spend as much money and effort as like this if ayu's sales is decreasing to a point...
Imagine how stressed is Koda Kumi then. Ayu's single sales have been the same for years now, so you're not making any sense. If AVEX didn't think it was worth it they'd do to her what they did to Ami and Shimatani, she is still among the best selling AVEX artists lol

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th January 2010, 08:21 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I thought talkin' 2 myself was the best single she had in a while and it's among her lowest selling singles, so after that I pretty much stopped expecting anything

As I said the single is going to outsell the previous one and that itself is something not many female artists in Japan can do right now.
agreed
i don't really care how much she sells, everyone's sales have dropped, it topped at No.1 and stayed a few days, it'll come back to No.1 again later. even if it doesn't not that big a deal.

it's by far outsold S/S, it even outsold R/S on the first day so i'm happy^^
sure, it'd be great if it outsold D/G, but i can live with it as it is.
Old 5th January 2010, 10:04 AM
Banned

As long as her #1-streak never ends, I'm fine. Of course it's a bit sad to see Ayu selling lower and lower (although most artists would kill to sell like this, after all, it does get her #1), we have to remember that she's been at the top for more than a decade. So every #1-hit she gets right now it's purely amazing, no matter what they sell.
Old 5th January 2010, 10:06 AM
TO BE Initiate

*1 *2,569 福山雅治
*2 *2,317 GACKT
*3 *2,192 浜崎あゆみ
Old 5th January 2010, 11:05 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Im not bothered to the sales like others does but overall, im very satisfied for the sales.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 5th January 2010, 11:33 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Good the drops are pretty small and it's not like others are selling much more >.<

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th January 2010, 11:51 AM
Depend on you Initiate

1st week of the new year, nobody gets stellar sales for singles during this period. It's all pretty expected. Fukuyama Masaharu has this massive Taiga drama coming up on NHK so of course pple are going to buy his stuff. NHK even got ANA to plaster a picture of him on a plane as part of promotion. His face is everywhere.

At the rate You were... is selling, Ayu will reach 100k much faster than S/S did. I'm quite satisfied.

Last edited by greenteadrinker; 5th January 2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:01 PM
Lelio Protector

2nd Week

1st Day
Position: #3
Sales: 2,192
Total Sales: 91,967

I really wonder if it's the problem is stocking (since there probably wasn't shipping in the holidays).
The daily sales are pretty consistent but they became so low. >_>
Old 5th January 2010, 12:07 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by miskiq View Post
*1 *2,569 福山雅治
*2 *2,317 GACKT
*3 *2,192 浜崎あゆみ
That's really kind of sad. I love Gackt, but his sales are not good these days so to see Ayu fall even behind that so quickly is disheartening.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:09 PM
Dolls Initiate

^ but still amazing sales...
even better than S/S...^^

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 5th January 2010, 12:10 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
That's really kind of sad. I love Gackt, but his sales are not good these days so to see Ayu fall even behind that so quickly is disheartening.
The difference is less than 150 copies, you're over-reacting a bit...Journey through the Decade did quite well as it had a solid chart life and his Kamen Rider singles seem to be quite stellar even though they generally don't sell that much.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th January 2010, 12:15 PM
walking proud Initiate

^Typically though, Gackt would not even be close to her after such a short period already. Normally you don't see Ayu's single drop to #3 with the #1 being something that's been out for weeks. imo, that's not really a positive thing. Still sales wise I guess its about average but still kinda low imo for one of her winter singles.

Anyways, ayumisrael do you have Gackt's first week sales estimate? I've been looking but haven't seen it posted somewhere.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 5th January 2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:32 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ I'm not saying it's positive, but the same happened with B'z and Sunrise a few months ago, so it's nothing "new". Gackt's numbers should be around 30-35k I guess.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th January 2010, 12:37 PM
no more words Initiate

Who's #1? Fukuyama Masahura or whatever? Isn't his single like a few weeks old already lol?

Tbh, I was expecting alot more.. with all the massive promotion it got and stuff.. but whatever
Old 5th January 2010, 12:41 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
^Typically though, Gackt would not even be close to her after such a short period already. Normally you don't see Ayu's single drop to #3 with the #1 being something that's been out for weeks. imo, that's not really a positive thing. Still sales wise I guess its about average but still kinda low imo for one of her winter singles.

Anyways, ayumisrael do you have Gackt's first week sales estimate? I've been looking but haven't seen it posted somewhere.
He's like fukuyama he needs to sell like 80,000 this week to get the #1 overall and fukuyama a bit more so yeah. At least You were.../BALLAD's #1 is safe.

If there is a battle in this double week it's of fukuyama and Gackt over the #2 spot. =P

Last edited by ayumisrael; 5th January 2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 5th January 2010, 01:20 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloopy View Post
Who's #1? Fukuyama Masahura or whatever? Isn't his single like a few weeks old already lol?

Tbh, I was expecting alot more.. with all the massive promotion it got and stuff.. but whatever
Well that's the thing. The promotion wasn't massive. It was more than S/S but not even close to massive by any standards. Unless you live in central Tokyo, you wouldn't see much of Ayu. Some of my friends living in Tokyo didn't even know about it until I told them the release date.
Old 5th January 2010, 01:32 PM
Who... Initiate

Actually when I saw the sales I thought "Yay! It outsold S/S~LiA~ and R/S, AHSers will be happy! xD"... except more people seem disappointed, haha. I, for one, am satisfied with the sales, and at least she'll probably break 100k with this single, which is really impressive during these times
Old 5th January 2010, 01:52 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Well this single will sell more than 100k so I don't see anything wrong with that^^ Some artists can't reach that number with albums nowadays^^
Old 5th January 2010, 02:14 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
He's like fukuyama he needs to sell like 80,000 this week to get the #1 overall and fukuyama a bit more so yeah. At least You were.../BALLAD's #1 is safe.

If there is a battle in this double week it's of fukuyama and Gackt over the #2 spot. =P
ouch I thought Stay the Ride Alive would do better than Setsugekka but even with a tie-in..only 22k T_T

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, you were.../ballad