Terminal (recut single) in stores 2014.10.01 - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th September 2014, 07:31 PM
SEASONS Initiate

its even easier.

Old 18th September 2014, 08:31 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
isn't mixing (like what she did for M, still alone, and her other CREA tracks) technically the same as remixing?
In a way, yes. But Ayu was never that musically experienced to begin with. She used to compose her songs and every once in a while arrange them. Composing is just when you come up with the melody you sing to. Arranging is when you decide what instruments to use, and where they go in the song. Didn't she say a long time ago that when she composes her songs she actually just hums the melody? Besides, the last Crea thing she did was Will back in 2005. It's been 9 years, whatever experience she had I'm sure is pretty rusty.

I'm not sure if she plays any instruments, or can read sheet music, but I have a feeling that if you gave her a vocal track and sat her in front of a sound mixing board and told her to make a remix, she really wouldn't know what she was doing.

_____
Actually going back and looking through her stuff on eneabba, I realized that her "Crea" career was pretty short lived. The first thing she did was M which was released December of 2000, and the last thing she did was Will which was released September of 2005. That's less than 5 years. Actually 99% of everything "Crea" did was from 2001-2004. M was the only song she did in 2000, and Will was the last and only song she did in 2005. So if we really wanted to cut it down, we can say her Crea stuff was only really 3 years long.

I have a feeling it was just a "Drizzly" type of one time thing that she's not going to attempt again. The bulk of her self composed/arranged songs were around the I am.../RAINBOW era which is around the time A Best was released. It was the highest point in her career. She was most hands on at that point. It only made sense for her to have a crucial part in music releases around that time.

Last edited by orangeakira; 18th September 2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 19th September 2014, 01:25 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

mhhh I got an e-mail from mu-mo regarding the XOXO plug-air, can someone translate this for me, the online translation is confusing me o.o
Quote:
本メールはmu-moショップにて下記対象商品を含むご注文のお客様にお送りしております。
この度はmu-moショップをご利用頂き誠にありがとうございます。

ご注文頂きました【対象商品】につきまして、読み込み時の不具合により、一部の端末でPlugAirをご利 用頂けない事が判明いたしました。
お客様にご迷惑をおかけする事となり、誠に申し訳ございません。
I think itīs either that they cancel my order or they want to tell me that the plug-air does not work in my country, but I am not sure ._.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 19th September 2014, 01:44 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
In a way, yes. But Ayu was never that musically experienced to begin with. She used to compose her songs and every once in a while arrange them. Composing is just when you come up with the melody you sing to. Arranging is when you decide what instruments to use, and where they go in the song. Didn't she say a long time ago that when she composes her songs she actually just hums the melody? Besides, the last Crea thing she did was Will back in 2005. It's been 9 years, whatever experience she had I'm sure is pretty rusty.

I'm not sure if she plays any instruments, or can read sheet music, but I have a feeling that if you gave her a vocal track and sat her in front of a sound mixing board and told her to make a remix, she really wouldn't know what she was doing.

_____
Actually going back and looking through her stuff on eneabba, I realized that her "Crea" career was pretty short lived. The first thing she did was M which was released December of 2000, and the last thing she did was Will which was released September of 2005. That's less than 5 years. Actually 99% of everything "Crea" did was from 2001-2004. M was the only song she did in 2000, and Will was the last and only song she did in 2005. So if we really wanted to cut it down, we can say her Crea stuff was only really 3 years long.

I have a feeling it was just a "Drizzly" type of one time thing that she's not going to attempt again. The bulk of her self composed/arranged songs were around the I am.../RAINBOW era which is around the time A Best was released. It was the highest point in her career. She was most hands on at that point. It only made sense for her to have a crucial part in music releases around that time.
Actually the only song she ever arranged was Wonderland from MY STORY... It's a pretty good interlude, but music-wise it's not much of a complex arrangment... Just the music-box melody and some laughs and thunders...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 19th September 2014, 08:14 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post

_____

Thanks for explaining!

Despite how excited I am for the single...there really could be more content. Numerous more remixes, Terminal + Connected from PS like someone suggested. A PV. Ugh...untapped potential.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 19th September 2014, 10:12 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Actually the only song she ever arranged was Wonderland from MY STORY... It's a pretty good interlude, but music-wise it's not much of a complex arrangment... Just the music-box melody and some laughs and thunders...
oh yeah you're right. Well then that cuts her music experience back even more. I forgot that she only ever composed that one interlude.

So in recap. From 2001-2004 (with one song in 2000, and one song in 2005) she composed a bunch of her songs which just involved her humming the melody and probably having someone transcribe it to sheet music.

I never really thought about it before. Damn. Talking about it more and more makes me realize how uninvolved she is in the music making process.
Old 20th September 2014, 12:28 AM

If I remember correctly Ayu said in an interview that back then, before composing M, she buyed a keyboard and composed the melody on it. I'm pretty sure she's able to read sheet music and to transcribe her compositions to sheet music as well. It's not that difficult after all. And being able to read sheet music would be an important skill when recording vocals in a studio, so...
Old 20th September 2014, 01:17 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^Oh I've never heard that ^_^ thx

This single will sell 12,000 copies

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 20th September 2014, 01:18 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Actually, I think Ayu is a really good music producer. She isn't involved technically with music composition and arranging, but the direction of the songs and some details are like that due of her vision of making music.

She's not virtuous music-wise because she's not a musician, but I think she need some credit in terms of creation.

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 20th September 2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 20th September 2014, 02:52 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
If I remember correctly Ayu said in an interview that back then, before composing M, she buyed a keyboard and composed the melody on it. I'm pretty sure she's able to read sheet music and to transcribe her compositions to sheet music as well. It's not that difficult after all. And being able to read sheet music would be an important skill when recording vocals in a studio, so...
Ayu also said even back then that she lacked even "basic knowledge" about writing music... I can't read sheet music for crap, despite having taken classes - I'm too slow to follow it properly. Maybe it's not that difficult for some people but I just have no aptitude for it. But if I know the melody I can sing by ear very well. TONS of musicians - even legendary ones - can't or couldn't read music, and did their best work by ear. I'm pretty sure ayu is one of the "by ear" types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
mhhh I got an e-mail from mu-mo regarding the XOXO plug-air, can someone translate this for me, the online translation is confusing me o.o

I think itīs either that they cancel my order or they want to tell me that the plug-air does not work in my country, but I am not sure ._.
It looks like there's some defect or flaw with the plugair in your order? It doesn't seem to say what they're doing about it, like if they're cancelling it or sending it to you anyway. =\

Last edited by Delirium-Zer0; 20th September 2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 20th September 2014, 03:11 PM

Lacking "basic knowledge" about writing music has nothing to do with being able reading sheet music. Just because you can read sheet music doesn't mean you're able to compose on your own. Even composing on your own and "basic knowledge" about writing music are two different things. You can compose your own melodies without knowing anything about proper compositions - that's basically the case for Ayu. The melodies Ayu composed back then are clearly written by someone who has zero knowledge about how to write music in the first place. Someone who would have learned it would never compose the melodies Ayu did. I guess that's what I, and many others, love about her compositions, that they are so imperfect from a musical point of view but yet not that simple.
Giving Ayu zero credit for knowing how to read sheet music is a bit ignorant and Ayu would make a fool of herself if she didn't learned it in the past 16 years. And like I said, it's an important skill when recording vocals.

Edit: even if Ayu was the "by ear" type, the fact that she had problems with her hearing since dome tour and therefore since 2001 would make it unavoidable for her to know how to read sheet music. Because of her hearing problems and the loss of her hearing a few years later she would have never been able to rely on her hearing alone when recording.
And that "TONS" of musicians couldn't read sheet music is an exaggeration and the ones who claimed not being able to read sheet music were able to read chords for guitars and played the guitar very well. Even those legendary ones had to rely on some "tools" regarding music. The idea people are able to compose without knowing nothing at all about music is a myth.

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 20th September 2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 20th September 2014, 04:07 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

She also said on a interview she didn't use the keyboard much and after that composed by recording her humming the melody... So, she is a good creative producer, but for sure doesn't have that much of a technical knowlegment.

Old 20th September 2014, 05:15 PM

My point was that it's for sure that she is able to read sheet music. It's not relevant how many times she used the keyboard or was just recording herself humming the melody. Humming 7/4's title is somekind of a "joke". The "Humming" part is a references that she was just humming the melody but the "7/4" is the actual "joke" behind it. People who looked into the sheet music of the song and are able to read it know what I mean. Ayu tried to be funny here. She wouldn't be able to make such a "joke" with the title of the song when she woudn't be able to read sheet music - in this case the title of the song would be only "Humming".

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 20th September 2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 20th September 2014, 05:17 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ Oh gosh, I'm so happy this title at last makes sense for me

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 20th September 2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
^ Oh gosh, I'm so happy this title at last makes sense for me
Haha xD I'm happy I was able to solve the mystery for you.
Old 20th September 2014, 09:13 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

I can't understand a word, LOL !!

TWICE

Old 20th September 2014, 10:28 PM
appears Initiate

New Thread: http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120719