Ayumi Hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ II - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th March 2013, 09:26 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Come on the (miss)understood one with her hands covering her mouth made up for that uber "CHEEESE" one. Ayu's cheeser was unpleasing to the eye and kind of awkward looking, but Namie's Queen of Hip-Poop literally makes me want to throw up.
I don't hate Namie so it doesn't really bother me that much, that album and PLAY are probably her best.
Old 5th March 2013, 09:37 PM
rainy day Initiate

I don't "hate" Namie either; some of her songs are nice to listen to. But, I don't get the same feeling listening to her music. I don't feel emotionally involved. I don't know, it's just like something to listen to.

I have very few absolute favorites by Namie but the following I adore:
Come (first Namie song ever)
White Light
NEW LOOK
the SPEED STAR

Then maybe one point less than those are:
GIRL TALK
No

I have others that aren't bad and I enjoy when listening to, but I am not drawn in by the entire "package" like I am with Ayu and to some extent, Ku.

Anyways, back on topic, after hearing about 2ch it's kind of sad that it's Ayu's 15th Anniversary year and nobody really cares. I guess you know you're a has-been when every chance you get to perform a song to the general public you go with your peak songs. It's like "Hey, remember this song guys!? YEAH!!" and the audience is like "Yes Ayu, we've heard it everywhere in 2001 and we've heard you perform it every year for the past 5 years any chance you get..." When you're promoting your prime instead of your present, that's when you know it's over.

Last edited by Zeke.; 5th March 2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 5th March 2013, 10:04 PM
Far away Initiate

Ayu really needs to take a short break and come out with a bang-on album. LOVE again, as beautiful it is, doesn't have that spark that her peak-era albums did. Maybe bringing back CREA would help

♥♥
Underneath the blue sky&your dazzling smile
--
倖田來未
Old 5th March 2013, 11:06 PM
monochrome Initiate

I'm going to the Yoyogi dates hope i can get nice sits!!!
The meaning and the significance of my existence

Old 6th March 2013, 12:27 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

i don't know who is better, but in the last years, kuu and namie's music videos are way better than ayu's pv's

TWICE

Old 6th March 2013, 01:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I know it'll never happen but i wish she'd do a FULL world tour. Even if she missed Canada and came to NY, I could probably save the money and possibly make it there for a day to see the show.

Btw, is the voting for the songs thing in Japanese? How does it work?
Old 6th March 2013, 10:32 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
i don't know who is better, but in the last years, kuu and namie's music videos are way better than ayu's pv's
You can't compare Ayu & these 2 ! Namie & Koda are dancers so their clips are full of dance behind a cheap background ! Ayu is much more researched sometime it's not well executed but there are a real work with symbolisms etc ... I don't say Ayu is better but the style is completely different ! I much more enjoy Song 4 u than any recent clips of Namie or Koda but all these things are subjective =)

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 6th March 2013, 11:35 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternafan000 View Post
every1 will says this about every album... even if she took a break ppl would STILL say this... no matter wat she ****ing does, unless she invents a time machine and goes back to her peak, people are going to say that she's "lost her spark" from her peak.
thats why! we cant change them. we can only change ourselves to ignore these comments.
Old 6th March 2013, 12:00 PM
Daybreak Initiate

But she really HAS lost her spark. Or she's at least lost her edge. She's done nothing new, innovating or exciting since NEXT LEVEL / RnR Circus. She's been releasing the same album either in mini-form or in full form since Love Songs and her videos have gone downhill since Love Songs as well. I love, absolutely LOVE Ayu but it's so hard to love her so much and keep being disappointed time after time knowing that she has it in her to be so much better and more innovating.

Having said that, SAKURA is one of the best ballads of her career but one song salvage a career does not.
Old 6th March 2013, 12:23 PM
opening Run Initiate

Keiichi_JPU
I have to disagree, she keeps releasing amazing and fresh new songs every single year.
And her PVs have always been bad to my mind.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 6th March 2013, 12:31 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I still get a hard time getting the whole "she is releasing the same album since xxx" when, even she is releasing mostly midtempos, she still is picking different music aesthetics for every album.

Unless people also believe My Story, Secret and Guilty sound the same for being all centered on pop-rock, even if they take different genres of rock as a starting point. ~~'

@mizuki-7

Namie is pretty much re-releasing the same PVs for two decades now... But for some reason people at AHS finds her dancing in front of a car with a bored face very artistc...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 6th March 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 6th March 2013, 03:37 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_JPU View Post
But she really HAS lost her spark. Or she's at least lost her edge. She's done nothing new, innovating or exciting since NEXT LEVEL / RnR Circus. She's been releasing the same album either in mini-form or in full form since Love Songs and her videos have gone downhill since Love Songs as well. I love, absolutely LOVE Ayu but it's so hard to love her so much and keep being disappointed time after time knowing that she has it in her to be so much better and more innovating.
Old 6th March 2013, 05:17 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternafan000 View Post
every1 will says this about every album... even if she took a break ppl would STILL say this... no matter wat she ****ing does, unless she invents a time machine and goes back to her peak, people are going to say that she's "lost her spark" from her peak.
There's always a possibilty for a second peak is there not? Look at Namie, she's been selling over half a million in albums in recent years. There's no doubt that Ayu could probably do the same thing, add on promotions and her already great tours, and u have a chance at a second peak.

♥♥
--
倖田來未
Old 6th March 2013, 05:32 PM
No way to say Initiate

Instead of ayu taking a break, go on hiatus maybe the people that feel like that should take a break from ayu~
Old 6th March 2013, 05:56 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Poor Namie she always comes out on every Ayumi conversation. Keep on selling those albums Namie don't listen to haters.
Old 6th March 2013, 06:12 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_JPU View Post

Having said that, SAKURA is one of the best ballads of her career but one song salvage a career does not.
i have to agree with u. LOVE again was kinda a "blah" album for me. cos most songs are of the same genre. either ballad or medium tempo songs. But let's not forget epics like progress and BRILLANTE!

I know most people dislike Party Queen the album, but i guess the album was meant to be like that. it's a dark album. I hope ppl can look beyond the cheesy album cover and the sucky songs inside the album. at the very least, i like Shake it a lot =x
Old 6th March 2013, 06:19 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru2590 View Post
Poor Namie she always comes out on every Ayumi conversation. Keep on selling those albums Namie don't listen to haters.
Sorry if I came out to seemingly dislike Namie, I like her music and I just thought she'd serve as a good example for 'second peak' artists

♥♥
--
倖田來未
Old 6th March 2013, 06:19 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^^I Party Queen album SOOOOOOO MUCH!!! I play it all the time!!
Old 6th March 2013, 06:25 PM
too late Initiate

^I actually come to like it even more now after some time has passed
The album was ok back then but it seems that I wasn't in right mood for it then even though i ADORE Eyes , smoke, magic the first part of the album was bleh for me
Now it's just perfect,some things have happened and the album just clicked with me
Old 6th March 2013, 06:29 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

@axmish87 Actually at first Eyes Smoke Magic was about one of the few tracks i didnt like, which is a bit odd for me considering i really like that type of music. Heck i love almost every genre of music except for heavy metal, country and western.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, 15th anniversary live, a best live, anniversary, arena tour 2013