Terminal (recut single) in stores 2014.10.01 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th July 2014, 10:16 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
Means that a song that has previously been released on album will be made a single
It was already clearing up to me when reading all the comments here.
But whatever, anyway, thank you so much!
Old 27th July 2014, 06:53 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Among all the stupid posts I've read this is by far the dumbest one of all. I would buy it, so that's settled. Angel already had a PV and Pray had it's digital release. A disastrous plan? Why because YOU wouldn't buy it...
I'm really surprised that Connected is such a loved song on this forum. (Hell, it's in my top 5) Then we have Terminal which tons of people really seem to hate. I feel like people got their hopes up really high after Connected and had their expectations crushed when they didn't get a song they instantly loved as much as Connected.
Old 27th July 2014, 07:32 PM
rainy day Initiate

Trance has really changed since the time Connected was released.
Old 27th July 2014, 07:59 PM
Because of You Initiate

i actually enjoyed Connected, for some reason. And that kinda music is really not my cup of tea. But it somehow had me in it's hand for quite a while, i really like the song. It doesn't go on forever having totally pointless gaps of music that make me fall asleep, I think i could come to like terminal but i just find it way too long and wayy to boring sound-wise. I still think it's the worst on the album. It just drags on and on. While i do enjoy the vocals of Ayu in it, the music just makes me sleepy, which doesn't make me wanna listen to it at all.

Frankly though? As much as i enjoy Angel or any other song, i don't think any of them is a decent go for a single. They all sound way too weak in my ears.

She can do whatever she wants really, I am sure this in an "era" she will get over with. So i am waiting for that.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 27th July 2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 27th July 2014, 08:04 PM
appears Initiate

^So do you think you'd like it more if it had maybe a 3 or 4 minute radio edit, and sounded a bit more "sharp" so it doesn't put you to sleep?
Old 27th July 2014, 08:18 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
I'm really surprised that Connected is such a loved song on this forum. (Hell, it's in my top 5) Then we have Terminal which tons of people really seem to hate. I feel like people got their hopes up really high after Connected and had their expectations crushed when they didn't get a song they instantly loved as much as Connected.
Me too
I personally don't like Connected that much (her voice is so annoying) but I simply love the epic Terminal!!
Old 27th July 2014, 08:19 PM
Heartplace Initiate

I don't like Terminal much because it's sooo flaaat... It's alright, but it needed so much more oomph to catch me. It needed to be more dynamic.
Old 27th July 2014, 08:37 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
^So do you think you'd like it more if it had maybe a 3 or 4 minute radio edit, and sounded a bit more "sharp" so it doesn't put you to sleep?
I think that's what most people need lol. It's the instrumental parts that get them and if you're not used to or don't like it, it can be boring. I like it though.

I also like connected. Is there an extended version of that by the way?

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 27th July 2014, 08:46 PM
appears Initiate

^Yeah on the vinyl there's "Connected (Ferry Corsten's Extended 12'' Mix)" which is the same thing as "Connected (Extended)" on Ferry Corsten's CD album "The Very Best of Ferry Corsten". It's 6 minutes and 35 seconds long. The vinyl ripped file that's been floating around for a long time is only 192, and since it was released on CD I've been trying to find 320kbps of it.
Old 27th July 2014, 09:16 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I thought Terminal was the song most loved from Colours, here, and Angel the hated one. I've been away from this forum for too much, I guess lol.

Btw I'm happy because Terminal it's my favorite and if it means remixes I'm extremely happy

Old 27th July 2014, 11:45 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeyomi View Post
I thought Terminal was the song most loved from Colours, here, and Angel the hated one. I've been away from this forum for too much, I guess lol.

Btw I'm happy because Terminal it's my favorite and if it means remixes I'm extremely happy
I thought that too haha, Angel must have grown on a lot of people!
Old 27th July 2014, 11:50 PM
Heartplace Initiate

I want a new trance album I relistened to ayu trance 4 today and was so disappointed bc it was all old material like poker face, vogue etc.
Old 28th July 2014, 12:01 AM
appears Initiate

I really didn't like trance 4. Her first 3 had really memorable songs that blew me away like M (Above & Beyond Mix), Hanabi (Lange remix), appears (Armin van Buuren's Sunset Dub), Real me (Megara vs DJ Lee remix), and Connected (Talla 2XLC remix). Ayu trance 4 had a bunch of okay songs, but none I would really call "amazing". The only remixes that I thought were okay were Far away, Rule, Days, poker face, and monochrome.

Last edited by orangeakira; 28th July 2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 28th July 2014, 12:29 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

I guess the biggest reason for me to have enjoyed ayu trance 4 was the instrumental tracks tbh

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 28th July 2014, 02:35 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Trance in general is predestinated to be mainly instrumental, even if it is vocal trance. I get what disturbs people when listening to "Terminal". I for one, as a fan of excessive, instrumental trance sessions, totally fell in love with "Terminal" from the very beginning.
Old 28th July 2014, 04:55 AM
Paper Doll Protector

Neato completo. It's not my favorite Colours song simply due to the lyrics kind of bothering me but the song itself is very powerful, dark, and beautiful in its own way, so I think it's a good one for her to release.

As someone who loves almost every style Ayumi Hamasaki has gone for, I personally believe that this style suits her best. I love rock Ayu, "classical" Ayu, pop Ayu, and every other style she's done, but techno/trance is just perfect for her.
Old 28th July 2014, 05:24 AM
immature Initiate

YES LOT OF REMIXES PLS

Instagram: Jalives

How tired I am of this unbearable distance between us. How I long for the toll of the recess bell. Have you forgotten me? Grown mindless of me? Tell me I am not writing into an abyss or that is what will become of my heart...
Old 28th July 2014, 06:03 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia View Post
It's not my favorite Colours song simply due to the lyrics kind of bothering me
That's a new one.
Old 28th July 2014, 11:08 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
I think i could listen to that, i just need a bit more or richness in the arrangement, something interesting in it.And yeah much shorter. The intro just drags on and on. 30 seconds for an intro is already way too much for me, and this one, being so bare in arrangement has over a minute, that's enough to put me to sleep lol. Not to mention the rest of the gaps are way too long as well and they are quite repetetive. If they took out 2 minutes of pointless music in it i think i could come to enjoy it much more. I know i've been saying it's a bad song and it still is to me, but i don't hate it as much right now lol I like the darkness of it and the melody (not the arangement). I just feel like i need a bit more life in it. It's a bit dead arangement-wise. But i think if they cut if off a bit i could put it to the level of XOXO. It wouldn't be my favorite but it would be at least decent somewhat for me ears lol

Last edited by BlackSilence; 28th July 2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 28th July 2014, 12:20 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

If you guys look on the poll, Terminal is still one of the favourites on this forum:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...=120199&page=3

Not that I mind if it changed. It still is my favourite (and Angel my least), no matter what everybody thinks
If that single really comes true and it's great content wise, it will probably be the firsst single I'd buy from Ayu since a long time.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Closed Thread