"Feel the love" short ver. PV - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2013, 11:18 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Not what I expected but it felt uplifting and fun. Now I want to start running to this song!

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 27th November 2013, 11:22 AM
P.S II Initiate

^
^okay you make me like the PV more, if it's really like what you said.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:24 AM
rainy day Initiate

This is the first time Ayu has done something new PV wise in ages. Everyone should be loving this.

Seriously, this is quite refreshing and better than all the PVs from the past 3-4 years combined.

I guess people want more of the same dull shit, with different shots and angles with little to no scenery changes of ayu picking her nose and touching her face.

Last edited by Zeke.; 27th November 2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:25 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Love the pv. Totally different from what she did before. It's fresh, funny & colourful. For me the messages behind this pv are:
1) if you work hard you'll be able to reach your goal
2) If you accept yourself, you'll look great & beautiful in the eyes of others.
=> to accept yourself isn't as easy as you can think. It can take a lot of time & work to be able to do it. (it's why we see the girl runs and does sport during several days)

I don't think the message is : lose weight to be accepted by guys, girls. If it was that, we'll see the fat girl becomes thin. But here, the guys sees her differently....as a different person from what she was at the beginning (before she accepted herself as she is). It's why she turns into Ayu & she didn't slim down.

For me, this pv gets an international message too. The look of others on some people are formed by our societies (for example you never see fat people as model for a fashion magazine). The society want us to be as its wants, for example, thin. For me, Ayu denounce that. It's why she amplifies her acting at the end to look ridiculous...she wants us to laugh about that & wants us to stop to think that these things are the right thing to do or the most important things to do, to feel good about yourself. The first step is to accept yourself as you are & not to mould youself according to society's standarts.

Well, I don't know if what I wrote is really clear! Sorry >.<
What you said is fine~ I think it would clear things up for anyone who had issue with the video imo.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:26 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Love the pv. Totally different from what she did before. It's fresh, funny & colourful. For me the messages behind this pv are:
=> to accept yourself isn't as easy as you can think. It can take a lot of time & work to be able to do it. (it's why we see the girl runs and does sport during several days)

I don't think the message is : lose weight to be accepted by guys, girls. If it was that, we'll see the fat girl becomes thin. But here, the guys sees her differently....as a different person from what she was at the beginning (before she accepted herself as she is). It's why she turns into Ayu & she didn't slim down.

For me, this pv gets an international message too. The look of others on some people are formed by our societies (for example you never see fat people as model for a fashion magazine). The society want us to be as its wants, for example, thin. For me, Ayu denounce that. It's why she amplifies her acting at the end to look ridiculous...she wants us to laugh about that & wants us to stop to think that these things are the right thing to do or the most important things to do, to feel good about yourself. The first step is to accept yourself as you are & not to mould youself according to society's standarts.

Thank you, words of wisdom.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:26 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:

This almost made me cry, you made an amazing interpretation of the PVs message and I'm taking it as my "headcanon". Several of Ayu's song lyrics (and some of her PVs) have been about accepting yourself, gaining confidence, and going against stereotypes and strict societal roles so I definitely don't think that Ayu meant "fat people don't get their man!!1!" with this PV, more the opposite.
This is one of the best Ayu PVs ever, in my opinion, it truly conveys a message, fits with the song, and lifts my spirits.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:31 AM
P.S II Initiate

After thinking a little about it I got it in the same way as Yoake ^^ I'm glad other people see the same as me.

I think the PV is too funny, I like how DJ Hello Kitty is everywhere but is not the main character xD

Old 27th November 2013, 11:34 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorcle Monster View Post
Dont know if it was funny or absolutely cheap and ridiculous
kinda agree cannot decide too lol BUT it was fun to watch, and um if the message is what it is then i can forgive the lack of everythign else there lol

Last edited by BlackSilence; 27th November 2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:36 AM
Two of us Initiate

I agree with Yoake. Plus, I want to enjoy such funny PV as long as I can before Avex decided to take back the full PV. I really surprised. Thank you, avex! XD
Old 27th November 2013, 11:40 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Making GIFs now.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:41 AM
Far away Initiate

Does the message mean that " guys will only take a second look at you ONLY if you are slim and beautiful?"

At the last part, when the fat girl is running after James Ellis, he seem to ignore her.
And then came the slimer and beautiful ayu, he seemed to stunned and mesmerised and eventually accepted her hug. Lol

Last edited by ayu_fantasy; 27th November 2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:43 AM
Two of us Initiate

This PV is very early and made me quite disappointing !
I 'd rather It would be uploaded in the middle of December, The effect on the single will be better !
I feel disappointed because Ayu didn't appear so much in the PV. Moreover I don't like sexy Ayu in the pink dress. I think Ayu in TV is super cute because of her outfit and her style of hair. I wish she would be better with the other style hair and more beautiful dress.
The PV got 7/10 (in my opinion )
Old 27th November 2013, 11:48 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:

thank you! this is what Ayu tries to convey.

The bold part: now that you mentioned it I can understand it, so when the girl is running towards the guy in the park, she bumped into the other guy whos holding the balloons ( which I think hes Masashi Muto xD) the detached from his hand and the camera shows the balloons in the sky, meanwhile the girl fell on the ground, now they switched it to Ayu as the guy saw that girl fell before,and here when the guy saw the girls as "Ayu" a new girl whos confident with herself and more charming, thats why Ayu being silly and over cute like that,to immitate the girl's character,and I love it

just dont need to view this PV too serious
Old 27th November 2013, 11:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy View Post
Does the message mean that " guys will only take a second look at you ONLY if you are slim and beautiful?"

At the last part, when the fat girl is running after James Ellis, he seem to ignore her.
And then came the slimer and beautiful ayu, he seemed to stunned and mesmerised and eventually accepted her hug. Lol
Yeah, the first look was a little weird... I think he wasn't supposed to have really known what was going on, haha. But the first look makes it look like he was thinking "who is the girl wtf" or something.

One of my favorite parts of the video. And my other favorite part of the video, hahahaha.

OUTTA MY WAY I NEED TO GET THIS SINGLE

Last edited by truehappiness; 27th November 2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:51 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy View Post

Maybe you can rewatch it

like I said:

Quote:
The bold part: now that you mentioned it I can understand it, so when the girl is running towards the guy in the park, she bumped into the other guy whos holding the balloons ( which I think hes Masashi Muto xD) the detached from his hand and the camera shows the balloons in the sky, meanwhile the girl fell on the ground, now they switched it to Ayu as the guy saw that girl fell before,and here when the guy saw the girls as "Ayu" a new girl whos confident with herself and more charming, thats why Ayu being silly and over cute like that,to immitate the girl's character,and I love it
Old 27th November 2013, 11:53 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
I disagree because she did become thin lol She turned into a sexy Ayu, who's supposed to be the symbol of beauty. If she wanted to become thin because of herself, she wouldn't have started to exercise because of him, which is obvious from the beginning. If they wanted to convey what you're saying here, the PV would have turned out completely different at the end.

Quote:
The society want us to be as its wants, for example, thin. For me, Ayu denounce that. It's why she amplifies her acting at the end to look ridiculous...she wants us to laugh about that & wants us to stop to think that these things are the right thing to do or the most important things to do, to feel good about yourself. The first step is to accept yourself as you are & not to mould youself according to society's standarts.
I don't think she was trying to be that deep, because she doesn't look ridiculous to me, but sexy and I'm sure that was the goal Nothing wrong with being sexy though.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:55 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maemi View Post
I disagree because she did become thin lol She turned into a sexy Ayu, who's supposed to be the symbol of beauty. If she wanted to become thin because of herself, she wouldn't have started to exercise because of him, which is obvious from the beginning. If they wanted to convey what you're saying here, the PV would have turned out completely different at the end.
She wanted to exercise because she liked that guy, but eventually she became more comfortable with herself the way she is, which is why we saw her get made up in the black and white dress which is soon changed out of in the daytime.

I think they just stuck Ayu in there because it's pretty shocking, not because it means "look, you have to be skinny to be liked!" because I'm pretty sure Ayu doesn't believe that.
Old 27th November 2013, 12:01 PM
CAROLS Initiate

I just think they wanted the PV to look funny and silly, and Ayu was too lazy to become the obese and the silly one lol Unfortunately, as I see, there are a lot of fans who are not entertained lol

Let's be frank, the physical appearance IS important. Otherwise, Ayu wouldn't be so sexy, and that hunk would be making out with that chubby girl instead.
Old 27th November 2013, 12:07 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I LOVED THE PV lol so funny.

after watching this pv and reading some comments makes me feel that some people want ayu to top all the pvs shes ever done whether it is the most serious thing ever. today lol random, but i was watching j. k. rowling's interview of how her phenomenal phase of book writing is over for harry potter and she will be starting a new phase that she has no thought of topping over the success she's had with harry potter. This really reminded me of ayu, i feel that she has started a new phase in her musical career and that she may not want to top over her previous major successes in which many wanted her to do. I feel everyone is going way crazy on ayu's musical and pv direction , she is an artist and definitely has the right to experiment and have fun

This is just my opinion, just wanted to throw it in here
Old 27th November 2013, 12:11 PM
still alone Initiate

I think in the end the girl is still fat but she has that "ayu" confidence. If you know what I mean
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, feel the love, video