[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Feel the love / Merry-go-round Single~ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 6th January 2014, 06:05 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

yeah, it had a huge jump on saturday ^^
Old 6th January 2014, 06:06 AM
still alone Initiate

why the huge jump on the 5th? :O

set made my me

Old 6th January 2014, 06:11 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

well, it was mainly caused by the fall of others haha
Old 6th January 2014, 08:34 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
^ Maybe because people got tired or confused because of that gigantic title? LOL

I would say the position doesn't matter, but I do like to see my favorite artists selling well, because obviously that's good for them.

For me it doesn't matter at all if the artists are in or out of top 5/10/20/30/etc for me to like them or not, one of my all time top favorite artists is constantly out of top 20 in oricon and I don't care about that, but still I'm always hoping for them to sell well, because sales are important for an artist to keep active, so I always hope they can do well in that sense. I couldn't care less about the position in the rankings, but the numbers do matter in a way... That's how I see it.
Yea, I do agree on that... And i also think, it is quite fun to see all those rankings, and how ayu fare against all those competitors... Haha...

Anyhow, I think that those rankings might also help ayu in some ways, in terms of promoting and marketing herself... I rmb that I was attracted to ayu is during her A Best era, where the TV will keep showing her ads, and in a very damn cool way... Like first saying "3 more days" etc... Then after like when A Best album starting to cool down, there is even an ads thanking the fans, and stating that this album got first in various countries...

Slowly, I started growing interest and research on ayu, and has been her fans since today... ^^
Old 6th January 2014, 08:54 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Well, she didn't do so bad for a single she doesn't really care about.
I'm sure if she had been to some music shows and all, the single would have sold easily 50k in the first week and the second week would have been smoother.

But oh, well... that didn't happen.

I really don't understand why she neglects her music career so much these days. Doesn't she like to go out and perform? Yeah, she might be over that, doing whatever she wants and releasing when she wants and bla bla bla... but still, I can't help but imagine her being angry at her rank because something with her name on it didn't sell what it used to.

Anyway, let's hope Pray (or whatever the next release is) does better. If she wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
There is still hope for solo artists! it seems that AKB's peak is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
But NMB48 and SKE48 sales decreased too, and they released their respective studio albums. Even if AKB48 released an album on 2013 that's +1 million copies at most, then 2013 is still worse than 2012 and 2011!
The album they're releasing now would have made up for that. If they had released it a month before their numbers would have been pretty consistent with 2011 and 2012. What's 150k copies when we're talking about MILLIONS?

The sister groups are just a way to keep local fanbases. HKT has only released 2 singles and their debut one broke some records for girl groups with those 200k. In a couple of years they'll be in the 350/400k range with the others.

Still, you cannot compare a group like AKB to any other.
If Ayumi wants to go to Music Station by bus, she only needs to pay 10 bucks.
If AKB wants to go to Music Station by bus, they have to pay 200.
They need to sell in this range (and even so, the producer is always saying that he loses money whenever they have a big concert lol) or else they're not profitable.
Old 6th January 2014, 03:24 PM
Because of You Initiate

i think Ayu might have just accepted the fact that she won't sell as much as she used to. I mean eventually every legend falls down to the average level when it comes to sales. It's a cimmon thing in the industry. Yeah you can get back up like Namie did, but it's temporary as well. Tho i'd love to see what would happen if Ayu had so much promo going on like Namie does.
Old 6th January 2014, 08:22 PM
End roll Initiate

Ayu said in like 2004? that her era was over so yeah, I think she's over it lol. She just loves making music, not selling a butt load or being the 'trendy' thing.
Old 6th January 2014, 09:21 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

As long as she is happy I'm happy too. It doesn't seem like there's any pressure on her from avex regarding the sales, so it's ok.
Old 7th January 2014, 10:35 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

2nd Week

7th Day

Position: #32

2nd Week
Position: #16
Official Sales: 4,704
Official Total Sales: 35,089

Last edited by brener; 7th January 2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 7th January 2014, 10:58 AM
Replace Initiate

I feel like she doesn't want it anymore
I'd rather she became the producer/manager or the member of avex board
better than not paying attention to the career and status and image and the number of her haters just keep going up
Old 7th January 2014, 10:59 AM
from your letter Initiate

whoa 35K is quite good i guess? hopefully she'll do better for the next release. Thanks for the info, brener
Old 7th January 2014, 12:28 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

yeah, I thought it would sell between 2 and 3k, so 4k is awesome!
Old 7th January 2014, 01:27 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Pretty good 2nd week numbers. Hopefully the single will get close to 40k in the end.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 7th January 2014, 01:29 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I'm afraid it will stop charting at 39,999 lol
Old 7th January 2014, 01:30 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

35K for the single and soloist these days is really good!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 7th January 2014, 02:55 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami View Post
Ayu said in like 2004? that her era was over so yeah, I think she's over it lol. She just loves making music, not selling a butt load or being the 'trendy' thing.
yep, it's also in duty's lyrics:

Everyone is convinced
that that "thing" they're searching
for is in the future.
But how many people have realized
that "it" is actually in the past?
I can't even guess.

I saw the end of an era
with my own eyes.
But I didn't want to know
that it's my turn next.

If, after simplifying it
a bit more, you think that "it"
merely connects and arranges memories,
then wouldn't everyone
already have "it?"
I want you to realize that.

I saw the end of an era
with my own eyes.
And in truth, I actually
do know that it's my turn next.

You'll find me, won't you?
I'm betting that
you'll find me.

I saw the end of an era
with my own eyes.
But I didn't want to know
that it's my turn next.

yes ayu, we will find you. WHO CARES. I'll be forever supporting this girl, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
i think Ayu might have just accepted the fact that she won't sell as much as she used to. I mean eventually every legend falls down to the average level when it comes to sales. It's a cimmon thing in the industry. Yeah you can get back up like Namie did, but it's temporary as well. Tho i'd love to see what would happen if Ayu had so much promo going on like Namie does.
I'd love to see how she'd do with promo too, but I'm afraid that too much promo going on would have the opposite effect. Given that she is currently "hated" in Japan, or rather, that she has a bad reputation, maybe seeing her all over the place would reinforce the negative feelings about her. It's not that people simply forgot about her and they have to be reminded: they do remember her too well and chose to hate her for the moment being XD if you see the various comments on every news regarding her they know practically everything about her, even the position of her latest album/single or their figures. I guess that because the trend has become to bash her nowadays, everyone follows this trend without really knowing the reason: basically "namie is trendy, let's love her!!" "ayu is old stuff, let's hate her" XD they'd justify everything wrong namie (but also many popular artists) do and praise very highly their successes, but still bash ayu even when she does nothing wrong and playing indifferent when she achieves something. Idk if I explained myself well..
Old 7th January 2014, 03:09 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Second week was better than I expected, yay!

Hoping it can reach 40k in the next few weeks

Old 7th January 2014, 06:03 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ View Post
I'd love to see how she'd do with promo too, but I'm afraid that too much promo going on would have the opposite effect. Given that she is currently "hated" in Japan, or rather, that she has a bad reputation, maybe seeing her all over the place would reinforce the negative feelings about her. It's not that people simply forgot about her and they have to be reminded: they do remember her too well and chose to hate her for the moment being XD if you see the various comments on every news regarding her they know practically everything about her, even the position of her latest album/single or their figures. I guess that because the trend has become to bash her nowadays, everyone follows this trend without really knowing the reason: basically "namie is trendy, let's love her!!" "ayu is old stuff, let's hate her" XD they'd justify everything wrong namie (but also many popular artists) do and praise very highly their successes, but still bash ayu even when she does nothing wrong and playing indifferent when she achieves something. Idk if I explained myself well..
This is SO true!
Actually, it's pretty flattering for Ayu. I'm not even mad or anything, 'cause she's always on everybody's mouth and she's the yardstick for everything and everyone. Not everyone can drop in sales with the legend status like her.
Anyway, I'm happy the second week was fine enough. This single seems steady.

Hello new me...

Old 7th January 2014, 08:02 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
This is SO true!
Actually, it's pretty flattering for Ayu. I'm not even mad or anything, 'cause she's always on everybody's mouth and she's the yardstick for everything and everyone. Not everyone can drop in sales with the legend status like her.
Anyway, I'm happy the second week was fine enough. This single seems steady.
Exactly, what kills is indifference and they are FAR from being indifferent. Plus I have this belief that who takes his/her precious time to comment so vehemently are probably, most of the time, haters, for people who still love and support her probably are busier listening to her music rather than bashing her on the internet. She STILL sold 35k copies, this means that there are 35.000 people inside and outside Japan who think this is valuable enough to be acquired, plus many people who probably download illegally and so on. So yeah, she's far from over imo.
Haters are only jealous, probably.
At the end of the day, they're the ones who sit at their PCs writing words of hate towards people who don't even recognise their existence,
while ayu can laugh it off in her jacuzzi. See my point~

edit: while doing naughty things with her smexy americajin toyboy

Last edited by tsumekaze_; 7th January 2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 7th January 2014, 08:12 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ View Post
actually taht has crossed my mind as well. i think it might turn into an other "she's desperate" theory and would give her bad feedback. I kinda see that pattern here as well what's on the wave lets love them and well what's old lets give em bad time... so yeah at this point i guess this is a better approach, still tho i don't think a few more live performances and few more promo posters around the country would hurt her badly.

Tags
feel the love, merry-go-round, oricon