New album (January 2023) - Page 23 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th November 2022, 04:49 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
They can add ugly visual effects
That would be so hot, iconic, and makes me speechless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
They didn't do the recording because they couldn't do it, it was A CHOICE. I'm sad because I wanted to watch it, but is that so difficult to understand the choice of making a show that is intended to be an experience destination only to the live audience? I mean, we have a gazillion of her concerts properly recorded and released and/or broadcasted, I'm perfectly fine with the idea of two or three shows made exclusively for a live audience formed only with her fanclub members.
No way they could not record it. I work with production house and they can find out any solution in any situation. It is the matter of TA team and avex. If they want to develop a better product, they need to invest the money and team. Not just gossiping, staying in the 2000s thinking to make money. Do they know that Avex is going to graveyard because of these old school thinking? Probably not. I can't relate.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 25th November 2022, 05:39 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
That would be so hot, iconic, and makes me speechless.

No way they could not record it. I work with production house and they can find out any solution in any situation. It is the matter of TA team and avex. If they want to develop a better product, they need to invest the money and team. Not just gossiping, staying in the 2000s thinking to make money. Do they know that Avex is going to graveyard because of these old school thinking? Probably not. I can't relate.
I think you misunderstand, what was being said is that the reason it wasn’t recorded is because they didn’t want to record it. They made the decision to leave the experience to the moment. It wasn’t that they couldn’t find a way, it was part of the appeal of the show and it’s specialness. It was meant to be fleeting. Here and then gone. Forever.
Old 25th November 2022, 09:13 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I think you misunderstand, what was being said is that the reason it wasn’t recorded is because they didn’t want to record it. They made the decision to leave the experience to the moment. It wasn’t that they couldn’t find a way, it was part of the appeal of the show and it’s specialness. It was meant to be fleeting. Here and then gone. Forever.
ah ok. Yes i was misunderstood.

Anyway, sad to see they do it in that way tho.

Old 25th November 2022, 12:54 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Im really enjoying this actually! I think her voice sounds good and she looks great! Less cross-eyed than lady couple of concerts, loved the vogue-far away-seasons section, and the euro mega mix!!! Obviously it’s always samishii to not have the audience clapping etc tho
Old 25th November 2022, 01:30 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

If anyone is interested in taking it, here is a poll for fans to vote for their favourite original song of this era so far
Old 25th November 2022, 02:10 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYia View Post
Do we? I have a pretty HD version, maybe from JPS (unless it's not full, it's 52min)
They broadcasted part of the concert (Sky PerfecTV, only 30 minutes), but the full version was recorded from V LIVE by kaled kalil. The quality of the video is good, but there are some missing frames (maybe because it was a screen record).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Again... They chose not to record, it wasn't a technical issue. They intentionally not recorded it with professional cameras because it was an experience destinated only for the crowd who attended the concert. Both TA Summer parties were marketed like that, it wasn't an afterthought.

They even recorded many other shows of her that weren't released in DVD/Blu-ray, so I guess it wasn't a budget issue.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 25th November 2022 at 02:16 PM.
Old 26th November 2022, 06:20 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Poor ayu not satisfied how the song turning out again
Old 26th November 2022, 07:10 PM
poker face Initiate

I'm really curious about these new songs. It seem she's having a lot of TROUBLE during her creative process (for 4 or 5 songs only...).
Old 26th November 2022, 08:59 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
I'm really curious about these new songs. It seem she's having a lot of TROUBLE during her creative process (for 4 or 5 songs only...).
She's almost deaf, it demands a lot more from her to produce songs (considering she usually produces her own releases).

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 26th November 2022 at 09:08 PM.
Old 27th November 2022, 12:57 AM
Initiate

Plot twist: final new songs turn out to be bad indeed
Old 27th November 2022, 09:32 AM
Initiate

It's so sad because it seems she doesn't take pleasure creating new songs, it seems like hell to her... Maybe she needs a real break from music ?
Old 27th November 2022, 10:24 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post
If anyone is interested in taking it, here is a poll for fans to vote for their favourite original song of this era so far
Thank you to everyone who voted - the poll was closed after 24 hours and had the following results.

1. Nonfiction (19 votes)
2. MASK (18 votes)
3. 23rd Monster (16 votes)
4. TIE: Dreamed a Dream & Summer Again (12 votes each)
5. オヒアの木 (4 votes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeReSu View Post
It's so sad because it seems she doesn't take pleasure creating new songs, it seems like hell to her... Maybe she needs a real break from music ?
It really has seemed difficult for her. In her last TA Blog, she mentioned that she doesn't think she can "work like this again for a while", so it seems she is not planning to return to her previous schedule after the 18th album is released. I hope she can refocus on things that bring her joy in 2023.
Old 27th November 2022, 07:16 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

She got fed up with the music industry, and expectations, imagine doing one thing constantly over 20 years. Priorities changes when children come into the picture. She is just not inspired anymore, it is understandable. We are lucky that we are getting new music from her, really. I wish her all the best in whatever she decided is good for her. If hiatus is the solution, then do that.
Old 28th November 2022, 03:48 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post

Thank you to everyone who voted - the poll was closed after 24 hours and had the following results.

1. Nonfiction (19 votes)
2. MASK (18 votes)
3. 23rd Monster (16 votes)
4. TIE: Dreamed a Dream & Summer Again (12 votes each)
5. オヒアの木 (4 votes)

It really has seemed difficult for her. In her last TA Blog, she mentioned that she doesn't think she can "work like this again for a while", so it seems she is not planning to return to her previous schedule after the 18th album is released. I hope she can refocus on things that bring her joy in 2023.
probably it is time to release A BEST 3 - FINAL - next year.

Old 28th November 2022, 07:07 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
She got fed up with the music industry, and expectations, imagine doing one thing constantly over 20 years. Priorities changes when children come into the picture. She is just not inspired anymore, it is understandable. We are lucky that we are getting new music from her, really. I wish her all the best in whatever she decided is good for her. If hiatus is the solution, then do that.
Seriously that's what most people who work do ... doing the same thing for 20 years or more. As for expectations, there are not much ... she is not a big star anymore. And nobody forced her to go on. She could have stopped a while ago like Namie did. And given the fact that she has been unable to release good music for more than 10 years, I really think she should have. Since 2008 nothing good comes from her musically.
Old 28th November 2022, 02:34 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Maybe, but some jobs are creative, some repetitive, some more and some less intense. Feeling burnout is quite common. Ayu is not only a singer but also a performer and she has been delivering the latter greatly in recent years. As for the music, it's highly subjective and if you ask me there has been plenty of good music in the last 10 years. I'm feeling thankful she has delivered really nice singles this year and after the album release, and the tour cause I'm sure she's preparing one, if she needs another break - fine, but maybe she won't take it - we will see
Old 28th November 2022, 03:34 PM
Who... Initiate

This is going off-topic but I think there is a difference in her lives as well. It's not as passionate as it use to be and she is not taking as much contact with audience as she use to do couple of years ago

I think it changed drastically after Promised Land. Was it the babies, Timmy leaving or COVID, which made her stop doing her job for awhile and maybe she got a taste of life off-stage, but she really is giving a totally different vibe than couple of years ago. I think she use to do everything for her fans but I think that changed after she became a mother. We are not her babies anymore since she got her own family. I'm not saying this bad way, I love that for her. Nothing lasts forever and as she said i M "beginnings comes randomly yet endings have a reason" or something like that

It's hard to let go and accept the reality
Old 28th November 2022, 04:37 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I love her unconditionnally but I cannot take her complaints too seriously. I can get that she isn't into work or passionnate, but she has been allowed so much freedom in her work and she has been in charge of most of her career decisions for the past ten years. Maybe her label is pushing her to release an album after 6 years, but is it that bad? Many artists would be dropped by the label for not releasing material in such a long gap.
Old 28th November 2022, 06:37 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I believe that is not the first time ayu struggles with writing. We don't know how she felt when working on the I am... for example.
Old 28th November 2022, 11:45 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
Don't forget, there is also a possibility that she can put TRICKSTAR and Praying for you, which could be 2 full songs or interludes.
I don't think we've had any precedent for a concert interlude being included in a subsequent album, so anything can happen but oh my fucking god I totally forgot about Pray for you!

I'm hoping so hard that it's not included because the instrumental from CDL(?) sounds so violently bland. I know that the song might be improved/sound different once the vocals are included but blah, I'm not excited about this plain ass song.

having said that, I'm pretty sure she'll include Pray for you, soooo we're probably down to just two genuinely new songs for this album lmao
Closed Thread

Tags
new album, new release