[Koda Kumi] The 175th classy Koda Kumi thread! - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th April 2015, 02:07 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
I don't think it's that obvious that there will be no DH7. It might still be coming, but they're releasing it later. AND there's also a possibility that Beach Mix 2 is on the way in place of DH7. When it comes to Kuu, it's not always easy to say what's gonna happen next. Like Beach Mix was a pleasant surprise that people weren't really expecting. I know I wasn't, and that's why I ended up becoming really excited over it. So I'd say that anything can happen.
True. Remixes aren't my thing but I'd take "Beach Mix 2" over "Driving Hit's 7" any day.

Old 4th April 2015, 02:37 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminute View Post
I hope you're right, I've never been a fan of the "Driving Hit's" series. After one listen I'm done.
But why would you actively hope she doesn't release one just because you're not a fan of the series? It's not really the sort of release that affects anything else or takes time out of her single/album release schedule. If you're not a fan of them, you can easily ignore them. It just seems like a weird thing to be glad about lol
Old 4th April 2015, 03:01 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

TOUR STARTS TODAY CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SETLIST

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 4th April 2015, 03:36 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
But why would you actively hope she doesn't release one just because you're not a fan of the series? It's not really the sort of release that affects anything else or takes time out of her single/album release schedule. If you're not a fan of them, you can easily ignore them. It just seems like a weird thing to be glad about lol
I don't think it's weird at all. I mean, I adore her but this particular series I don't fancy. Therefore I, personally, wish she wouldn't keep releasing them.
But don't get me wrong, it's not that I'd be extremely happy if she doesn't release it. If she does release DH7 (which I don't really see why not), it's not like I'm gonna be pissed or anything, I just wouldn't listen to it more than once and that's it (what I've been doing with every DH release).
But of course, as a fan I don't like the idea of not enjoying one of her releases, so it's naturally for me to not want her to release this sort of material I don't enjoy. That doesn't mean I "actively" want her to stop releasing them, because I am aware a lot of people enjoy these releases.

... I guess a tiny selfish bit of me wants her to stop with the series though lol

Old 4th April 2015, 03:49 AM
rainy day Initiate

I like DH cause there's always the chance she can redeem herself with alternate and improved versions of songs that I just cannot stomach in their original form. I love DH simply for the fact that there are many songs in which I had absolutely no interest in that ended up flooring me with rearrangements. Usually the Ku songs I love in original form I dislike the DH versions of, but songs I hate in original form end up becoming something enjoyable at least. So it's like receiving new material for me.
Old 4th April 2015, 04:22 AM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I like DH cause there's always the chance she can redeem herself with alternate and improved versions of songs that I just cannot stomach in their original form. I love DH simply for the fact that there are many songs in which I had absolutely no interest in that ended up flooring me with rearrangements. Usually the Ku songs I love in original form I dislike the DH versions of, but songs I hate in original form end up becoming something enjoyable at least. So it's like receiving new material for me.
This this this this. Sometimes even songs I do like turn out better, like Bounce!

Old 4th April 2015, 06:16 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
Sometimes even songs I do like turn out better, like Bounce!
The Bounce remix on DH3 was fantastic.

Kumi is the current queen of remixes, for me at least. There are several releases from her I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, but she remains my most listened artist because of her Driving Hit's albums.
Old 4th April 2015, 09:53 AM
monochrome Initiate

I just tried looking for Bounce on YouTube and instead found Bounce X Shake It Up mix that I'm bobbing my head to.
Old 4th April 2015, 10:21 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
I felt the same way when I heard the first half of the album. Now when the second half came in, I was very impressed. The second half along with like it and dancing in the rain shouldve been the whole album. That's what I did in my iPod. But, I get why your disappointed.

TOTALLY! I swear I was almost giving up on listening to the album because by "Gimme U" I was so disappointed I couldn't take it. Then "you can keep up with me" and the following ones came up and I was like "OMG WHY ISN'T THIS THE WHOLE ALBUM IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS." (except for Life so good and sometimes dreams come true)
From the first part I liked only Dance in the rain, basically. I guess I just want an album with cool songs like Piece in the puzzle and sexy club bangers à la taboo, universe, VIP, KO-SO KO-SO.

Hoping for a DH announcement as well. I started listening to kuu basically for her remixes!
Old 4th April 2015, 10:54 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

At first listen i said i was disappointed with this album but i completely changed my mind, there isn't any song i feel like skipping when i listen to it, well part of it might be because they're all so short so you don't have to wait long until the next one starts. But i really enjoy all of the songs, some way more than others of course. I think she did a good job.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 4th April 2015, 12:54 PM
I am... Initiate

Hi guys! I'm actually pretty terrible at live reports and remembering set lists but I'll just post some info about today's show, until you can probably get a more concise report, lol.

Spoiler:
First of all, the goods line was the longest I've seen, so because of that I missed the first 2 songs. I got inside right as she came on stage. I looked up and saw her in a car in the air, but I was so overwhelmed with trying to find my seat that I don't know what was going on. When I got to my seat and calmed myself she was performing house party.

Small info:
-The movies during costume changes were about Kuu choosing her image. She was in this futuristic factory. She first selected a rock image. I had thought she'd do rock songs but then she performed hands. On later movies, she was picking her past images, they showed some past tours. But, she decided to create a new image and chose to fuse all of her of images together.

- the beginning of walk of my life, she played the intro on the piano.
-in dance in the rain, she did a bit of a tissue dance, like ayu at the premium showcase
-beginning of fake tongue, she played the drums, in the middle, she played the guitar!
- when the chose a member of the audience to come on stage, the fan was handed an invitation. On stage, she sat on a couch next to Kuu, who handed her a book of songs for her to pick. The girl picked futari de and Kuu sang that.

Since you know she performed songs from the new album, I'll list the ones not off the new one that I remember:
Shake it up
But
DDD
Hands
Futari de
Hot stuff
Gentle words
Be my baby
Freaky
Ningyo-hime
Taboo
Bring it on
Loaded
Walk
(There's more that I fail to remember)

The encore was a medley of lady go, wind, poppin love cocktail, some others I don't remember because she was on a moving part of the stage in the audience aisles and I was distracted by her butt in front of my face.

There's more details and songs that I can't remember right now, everything's a blur. Sorry!

Last edited by Xianghua; 4th April 2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 4th April 2015, 02:16 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Let me ask you something in the spoiler...

Spoiler:

Kuu playing piano, drums AND guitar? Already in love with the tour Thanks for the info! Buy hoe much did she play of each instrument? JAPONESQUE Tour had a drums solo but I felt it was so short lol

I hope the tissue dance is more complex than the one did for Ningyo Hime during second session tour, that one was a bit meh imo

Last edited by Gustavopc; 4th April 2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 4th April 2015, 02:21 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

She's playing instruments? OMG she really is finally free. Next we're gonna get an acoustic album. Sleigh a bit Kumi.
Old 4th April 2015, 02:36 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Let me ask you something in the spoiler...

Spoiler:

Kuu playing piano, drums AND guitar? Already in love with the tour Thanks for the info! Buy hoe much did she play of each instrument? JAPONESQUE Tour had a drums solo but I felt it was so short lol

I hope the tissue dance is more complex than the one did for Ningyo Hime during second session tour, that one was a bit meh imo

Spoiler:

You're welcome!She played rather short as well. Only the intro to WOML, and then her band took over. For the drums, I'm guessing about 30 seconds. The guitar she played a bit, and then later on some more but it was also brief. Not a full solo, lol.

I haven't seen second session tour, but this tissue dance seemed simple. She spun around mostly. It was still graceful though
Old 4th April 2015, 02:37 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Setlist from kiのtrumpet @baidu

Spoiler:

M1 You can keep up with me
M2 Mercedes
M3 House Party
M4 メドレー
BUT
Shake It Up
D.D.D. feat.SOULHEAD
M5 Introduction~WALK OF MY LIFE~
M6 Lippy
M7 hands
M8 Sometime Dreams Come True
M9 WALK OF MY LIFE
M10 ふたりで
M11 メドレー
Gentle Words
Gimme U
M12 Dance In The Rain                             
M13 PIECE IN THE PUZZLE
M14 Fake Tongue
M15 Like It  
M16 メドレー
人鱼姫
FREAKY
M17 バンド绍介
M18 メドレー
TABOO
HOT STUFF feat. KM-MARKIT
M19 BRING IT ON
M20 メドレー
BE MY BABY
LOADED
M21 LIFE so GOOD!!
EN1 メドレー
Lady Go!
WIND
I'll be there
Butterfly
LALALALALA
Poppin Love Cocktail
EN2 walk

Old 4th April 2015, 02:41 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Full setlist:
01. You can keep up with me
02. Mercedes
03. HOUSE PARTY
04. BUT-Shake It Up-DDD
05. Intro~WALK OF MY LIFE~
06. Lippy
07. hands
08. Sometimes Dreams Come True
09. WALK OF MY LIFE
10. Futari de...
11. Gentle Words -Gimme U
12. Dance In The Rain
13. PIECE IN THE PUZZLE
14. Fake Tongue
15. Like It
16. Ningyo Hime - FREAKY
Band Introduction
17. TABOO - Hot Stuff
18. Bring It On
19. Be My Baby - LOADED
20. LIFE so GOOD!!
Encore
21. Lady Go! - WIND -I'll be there - Butterfly - Lalalalala - Poppin' Love Cocktail
22. walk

I can't wait to watch it live!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 4th April 2015, 02:56 PM
Dolls Initiate

Thanks for the setlists

I'm glad all the songs I don't like are in one place, I'll just watch from hands and won't have to skip much (that's if I still don't like them after seeing it live, sometimes live performance makes me change my mind).
Old 4th April 2015, 02:57 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I just realized there's no Ai no uta and Cutie Honey tHE LORD HEARD OUR PRAYERS

Old 4th April 2015, 03:10 PM
As if.. Initiate

I was hoping more "older" songs and ballads, but I'm sure I'm the only one :'D
Old 4th April 2015, 03:22 PM
As if.. Initiate

OMG, I loved the setlist!!!

Closed Thread

Tags