[Koda Kumi] The 178th thread - Summer of Love 2015 - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th July 2015, 04:20 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Have fun, Karen! I'm sure it'll be an awesome concert!

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 17th July 2015, 04:24 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Have fun, Karen! I'm sure it'll be an awesome concert!
Thanks ! I probably will not able to sleep well tonight LOL

Let alone I hope I will not get starstuck once Kuu entered the stage but man it will be hard to say

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 17th July 2015, 06:12 PM

J Network Online - What To Expect For Koda Kumi’s First Solo Live In Singapore!

Earlier this evening, two of our reporters from J-Network headed to The Treetop at *scape for Koda Kumi’s media press conference! While the session was a brief 30 minutes long, it did manage to encapsulate Koda Kumi’s overall workings as an artiste and of course, her excitement for her first solo live here!

Emcee and interpreter Miki Noriyuki assisted with translations and gave a brief introduction to Koda Kumi’s flourishing music career, highlighting various interesting facts as well such as the fact that she has had a total concert viewership of over 1.3 million people!

Having recently concluded her Arena tour in Japan and the Taiwanese leg of her Asian tour, Koda Kumi arrived in Singapore with full force! She stepped onto the raised platform, clad in a dark blue tube top, black pencil skirt and her hair dyed in pastel shades.

The first question to come out during the Q&A session was from J-Network itself! Our reporter asked Koda Kumi where she got the ideas and inspiration for her costumes from – and of course, what to expect for the next day’s concert. Koda then answered that she took into account the era of her concert and is also careful to pick something that flatters her body shape to boost her confidence, picking out usually the one-piece suits by herself.

As for tomorrow’s costumes, be prepared for a surprise! Koda told the audience that half her costumes for the next day’s concerts will be carried over from her recent arena tour [Koda Kumi 15th Anniversary Live Tour 2015 supported by Mercedes-Benz] while the other half was created just for the concert on 18 July 2015!

With a more intimate setting compared to the vastness of her arena concerts in Japan, fans will definitely have the opportunity to see her awesome and ever-unique costumes up-close! Do stay tuned to find out more about what the Queen of Live has to offer to Singapore during her concert!

http://jnetworkonline.com/2015/07/17...row/#more-2388

===

Quote:
As for tomorrow’s costumes, be prepared for a surprise! Koda told the audience that half her costumes for the next day’s concerts will be carried over from her recent arena tour [Koda Kumi 15th Anniversary Live Tour 2015 supported by Mercedes-Benz] while the other half was created just for the concert on 18 July 2015!
oh my don't know what to expect now

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 17th July 2015, 07:19 PM
starting over Initiate

Kumi looks fabulous, thanks for the info. new costumes,Can't wait.

Last edited by melissalove; 17th July 2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 17th July 2015, 07:47 PM
Interlude Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
Quote:
oh my don't know what to expect now
I hope that we could see more costumes !!!

★ Visit Please ★
My tumblr | Koda Kumi Mexico FP

Old 17th July 2015, 09:19 PM
no more words Initiate

My album is in shipping process already o.O go cdjapan!!!

~KUMI KODA LOVE~

Old 17th July 2015, 09:23 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Kuu's a-nation goodies are out!

Bigger pics here:
http://sp.shop.mu-mo.net/mumo/list2/?categ_id=201703

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 17th July 2015, 09:39 PM
Who... Initiate

I really like the sunglasses!
Old 17th July 2015, 10:04 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I want the shirt and towel omgggg

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 17th July 2015, 10:44 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Kuu always has the coolest a-nation goods imo.

Ooh, a surprise for Singapore's concert? That's awesome. I wonder what it's gonna be. :3

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 17th July 2015, 10:57 PM
Interlude Initiate

I still hate KLOOP a little bit , but she's an adorable backpack

★ Visit Please ★
My tumblr | Koda Kumi Mexico FP

Last edited by Diva_br; 18th July 2015 at 03:38 AM.
Old 18th July 2015, 01:42 AM
fairyland Initiate

Team Klopp fo' lyfe, ya'll. Want the backpack!!

Old 18th July 2015, 02:27 AM
still alone Initiate

After 2 months waiting finally tonight is the night. Excited much!
Old 18th July 2015, 04:01 AM
rainy day Initiate

Sorry to be a spoil sport but tbh I don't think the costumes would be different from the Taiwan show lol. But who knows, I might be surprised!

I'm SO excited!
Old 18th July 2015, 04:03 AM

FINALLY FINALLY , tonight is the day where all Singaporeans/non Singaporean fans of Kuu been waiting for *_*

Have fun to all who will be going to *SCAPE later on

===

The New Paper Singapore - J-pop sex goddess Koda Kumi: I have low self-esteem

Even the hottest female stars have their moments of insecurity.

Take that from Japanese singer Koda Kumi, widely known as J-pop’s flamboyant sex goddess.

The 32-year-old industry veteran — she is celebrating her 15th year in the music business — might boast a curvaceous to-die-for bod and long, shapely legs, but at her press conference yesterday evening, she brushed away the suggestion that she is an ageless bombshell.

“I have never really thought of myself as sexy,” said the mother of one through a translator.

“Actually, I have low self-esteem and there are some parts of myself that I am not confident about at all.” -

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-new...ow-self-esteem

===

POPCulture Online - Meeting The “Queen of Live” Koda Kumi

I put this under a spoiler cos it's quite a long article :3

Spoiler:
In town for her first solo concert, Japanese singer Koda Kumi took time off her busy schedule to talk with members of the media during the press conference. Kenneth Wong reports from the press conference where the Queen of Live (as she is known thanks to her powerful vocals) shared about her time in Singapore 4 years ago, her costumes for the concert and also about her image as an artist.

Starting off the press conference, Kumi shared about how she will consider about what's popular at the particular point in time when considering the costume for her concert. Other considerations also include what would fit her body shape and also what will look good on her. Thus she would usually pick outfits that are unique in design that others usually would not wear and also those that fits her as an artist. As for the Singapore concert, Kumi shares that half of the costumes are brought in from japan while the other half are specially picked for the concert and hopes her fans will look out for them.

During her stay in Singapore 4 years ago for the Mnet Asian Music Awards, Kumi enjoyed her time here and told her staff that she would like to come back the following year. A year later she got pregnant and thus couldn’t make it (she is currently married to Kenji03 from Back-On and have a 3 year old son). Subsequent years she has received enthusiastic requests for her to come back to Singapore but something else would pop up and she couldn’t make the trip down. Thus it took 4 years before she could come down to perform in her solo concert and she is really looking forward to seeing her fans here.

Moving onto her Summer of Love album, Kumi shared with everyone her selection process for it. To her, summer is the time where she can be free and express herself. Thus the songs selected are those that reflect the image of summer well. Most of the songs selected were also after the year 2006 as that is when she felt her voice as an artist was established.

When asked about how she maintain her popularity over the 15 years in the music industry, Kumi replied that to her, just being herself and being confident of who she is, would the most important thing. There will always be talk going on especially after being in the industry for so long but it is always important to stand by where you intend to be and be yourself no matter what happens.

As for her image being considered sexy, Kumi explained that as someone who has low self-esteem, she uses fashion to help boost her self-esteem and confidence. As age catches up with her, she feels that inner beauty counts more as compared to outer appearances. Thus she wants to focus more on her inner beauty. Kumi hopes that rather than guys calling her sexy, she would be considered a cool figure from the female fans as well. This led to her thinking how her fashion can reflect a cool, strong and independent image of a female instead of just being known as sexy from a guy’s point of view.

*Of which Kenneth commented that he felt she is cool from his point of view as a guy before asking his question. After all, not many singers get to perform the main theme for a famous Japanese RPG game such as the Final Fantasy series.

Ending off the Q&A segment, Kumi shared about her visit to Singapore 4 years ago where she commented that the thing which caught her eye about Singapore was the beauty of this city such as the city lights and the night scape. Singapore also boasts good local food and it didn’t disappoint and was delicious. Another thing that impressed her was the smiles from the people and the staff that she worked with. Even though it was a 8 minute live segment that she was involved with, it felt like a second as time passes very quickly when one is having fun. It was this moment that she really enjoyed herself and felt that she wanted to share this with fans and to come back to Singapore again.

Thank you Koda Kumi for your time and we look forward to your concert!

http://www.popcultureonline.net/meet...ive-koda-kumi/

Another photo from yesterday's press conference uploaded via POPCulture Online's Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/popcultureo...524328/?type=1

Old 18th July 2015, 04:10 AM
SAKURA Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Preview for Kuu pages from Happie Nuts magazine:

Took it from Ozaki Sayokos blog (one of the HN models).
Need full scans, like...now. Absolutely flawless pictures! Kuu's so stunning.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 18th July 2015, 04:44 AM
fairyland Initiate

Thank you for the article, Karen!! Makes me love Kuuchie more.

Old 18th July 2015, 06:06 AM

The Strait Times Singapore - Japanese singer Koda Kumi says she has low self-esteem

It is surprising to hear sexy Japanese pop queen Koda Kumi, known for her provocative dance moves and cleavage-bearing style, say she has low self esteem.

“I have actually never really felt that I am sexy and I do have low self-esteem. There are things about me that I don’t feel so comfortable about, but I use fashion and other things to boost my confidence,” says the singer via a translator at a press conference in Singapore on Friday, ahead of her first solo concert here on Saturday.

And it seems that the 32-year-old, who has been in showbusiness for 15 years, is intent on an image makeover.

Looking sophisticated in an electric blue peplum top and knee-length black skirt, she says: “Rather than have guys call me sexy, I would like to be considered a cool figure by my female fans. I have been thinking how my fashion can reflect that strong and independent female image," she says.

The best-selling artist has sold more than 15 million records in Japan and will be releasing her collection album Summer Of Love in Japan this month.

She is married to vocalist and guitarist Kenji03 from Japanese rock band Back-On, with whom she has a three-year-old son.

At her concert tomorrow, half of her costumes are original pieces that she will be specially wearing for the gig.

On how she picks her outfits, Kumi says: “I take my body shape into consideration and what looks nice on me. I usually take something that is one-piece, one that is unique and not something that many people will wear.”

The singer was last here four years ago to perform at the Mnet Asian Music Awards.

On finally holding her first solo concert here, she says: “I am really excited because it took me 15 years to hold a concert in Singapore and I am looking forward to meeting the fans.”

When asked how she maintains her popularity in the cut-throat entertainment industry, the singer emphasises the importance of staying true to herself.

“Many people will talk and they will say whatever they want, but we can’t stop that. It is important that you maintain your stance and know where you stand and be yourself no matter what.”

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyl...lt-of-low-self

Old 18th July 2015, 06:51 AM
monochrome Initiate

Why is she so adorable?
Old 18th July 2015, 09:08 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

She looks so classy in that outfit! I love it!

Set made by Mary-Tina. Thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
a-nation '15, koda kumi, koddess, kxvk, queen of live, summer of love, walk of my life