[Koda Kumi] The 178th thread - Summer of Love 2015 - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd July 2015, 04:58 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

https://twitter.com/TOWER_Shibuya/st...92870881402880

It's always fun to see different CD stores in Japan having different promo standees inside their stores

I'm sure this will not be the last

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 22nd July 2015, 04:59 AM
fairyland Initiate

The new songs are so perfect for summer! I'm not a huge fan of Ex Tape, but when I'm in my car driving its quite nice. Today was really warm and sunny and this album just made my day!!

Old 22nd July 2015, 11:16 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

2015/07/22
1 13,583 DUGOUT ACCIDENT TF 15/7/22
UNISON SQUARE GARDEN
2 12,423 高桥优 BEST 2009-2015『笑う约束』 WMJ 15/7/22
高桥优
3 11,095 SUMMER of LOVE RZN 15/7/22
幸田来未
4 - DREAMS COME TRUE THE BEST! 私のドリカム UM 15/7/7
DREAMS COME TRUE

Not bad :O

IG | YT | PR

Old 22nd July 2015, 11:27 AM

Toggle Singapore - One night with Koda Kumi

Quote:
Japan’s Queen of Live put on a spectacular performance at her first-ever local solo gig

Koda Kumi has been long regarded as Japan’s Queen of Live – a title bestowed on her for her shining performances with elaborate stages, fancy footwork and amazing vocals. In the midst of performing in the sprawling arenas in Japan as part of her 15th Anniversary Live Tour 2015 ~WALK OF MY LIFE~, she made a short stop at our sunny island last Saturday (Jul 18) for her first-ever local solo gig as a part of her Koda Kumi Asia Live 2015 tour.

Given the massive scale of the venues in which she usually performs in, one couldn’t help but wonder what a stripped down and intimate show would be like – the Shizuoka Ecopa Arena, where she kicked off her current tour, seats 10,000. In comparison, *SCAPE, where she held her local gig, could only fit 700.

Worries that her showmanship would be dampened by the lack of space proved unfounded, for the 32-year-old lived up to her title and delivered with every moment she had on stage. The 20-song set started the ball rolling with heart-pumping tracks such as ‘House Party’ and ‘POP DIVA’ and charmed the fans with a variety of old and new songs, bringing the best of her tracks for the crowd to enjoy.

One of her best displays of her passion for her music was when she invited a lucky female fan on stage to pick a track from a book and proceeded to croon it while the fan was still next to her on stage – something you don’t see at every concert.

With 15 years of experience under her belt, Koda Kumi has constantly evolved and shared at a press conference held a day before her gig that she is now looking to be seen as fellow females as a cool, independent and strong artiste instead of a sex symbol by men. Her confession of never finding herself as sexy also came as a surprise to many – she was widely known for her ero-kakkoii (sexy-cute) image for many years but that seems set to change.

Her maiden local concert might have been a long time coming for fans – and Koda Kumi herself, too. She chuckled that she was enchanted by our little red dot after performing here as part of the 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMAs) and made plans to return but alas, she found out she had a bun in the oven and they had to be shelved. Now a proud mother of a three-year-old boy, she expressed that being able to return was a joy in itself.

Her words rang true the next day at her concert with her parting speech for the local fans, in which emotions ran high. “I’ve been on the receiving end of words such as ‘You’re never going to be able to realise a huge dream like that’ so much so that I’ve had thoughts about quitting (showbiz). I’m sure that everyone here has times where you wonder others think but your life is yours so I hope you won’t be wavered by what others say and think of you,” she declared prior to belting out ‘walk’.

While the show was low on flamboyant theatrics, Koda Kumi made up for it and more with her stunning performances and sincerity – and that’s why she’s the Queen of Live.
http://entertainment.toggle.sg/en/en...enten#cxrecs_s

Other new photos of Kuu from last Fri's press conference that Toggle uploaded

The last 2 shots of her are my fave especially the way her hair is styled

And as for SUMMER of LOVE , I wasn't expecting it to do well . It's strictly for her loyal fanbase that's all I will say

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 22nd July 2015, 12:39 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Nice debut for SoL, now here's to hope it won't melt down during the week

Does anyone know where to look how much her previous albums sold each day on their first week? I never find the daily numbers, only weekly

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 22nd July 2015, 12:54 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Hope it stays stable as well.
With some luck it can sell similar to Beach Mix.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 22nd July 2015, 01:54 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Loooooove HURRICANE!!

And the back covers are gorgeous

Old 22nd July 2015, 02:27 PM
End of the World Initiate

New songs are good but for some reason I'm not enjoying them at all.
Old 22nd July 2015, 03:29 PM
MY STORY Initiate

My damn internet connection didn't let me download those songs today on my laptop (I don't want to download stuff on my ipad since I don't use it for music listening that much) so I didn't listen them yet but tomorrow shit gets real. I swear! >: D

As for SoL's chart success... It's great! I was a bit afraid it will not get into top 3 but it did! I'm happy. Hopefully this doesn't change too much for the next six days so we'll see another successful album for the queen~

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 22nd July 2015, 04:26 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Glad with the sales! Hoping for #5 on the weekly charts with 17-20k. I really wonder what release Kuu will have next after this, especially because these songs won't be on the next album or GH. I hope she does a Tokyo Dome date ala Fantasia in December and releases an all-time best to go with it.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 22nd July 2015, 09:12 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Hmm, we haven't had a Kuumplete yet. It would be a nice release before a possible 15th Anniversary special live like FANTASIA was. And then perform some of those songs on the concert as well as other tracks she has never performed live yet. I'm still praying for Ranhasha, Can't Lose, One night romance and Without Your Love lives. Those songs are amazing~

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 22nd July 2015, 09:16 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Hope it stays stable as well.
With some luck it can sell similar to Beach Mix.
Inst this suppose to be A BEST of some kind and aren't A BEST suppose to sale decent.
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:29 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^no..usually only a very few and siginficant...like A BEST/first things/BEST FICTION/Love Collection pink&mint
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:49 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

I hope we have a 3 single-project, or something like that.

TWICE

Old 23rd July 2015, 02:49 AM
still alone Initiate

Better than I thought for first day! Makes me hopeful for the rest of the week.
Old 23rd July 2015, 03:18 AM

Kojacon Report - Koda Kumi Asia Live 2015 in Singapore [18 July 2015]

Spoiler:
Dubbed as the J-Pop “Queen of Live”, Koda Kumi had just rounded up her Asia tour “KodaKumi Asia Tour 2015” in Singapore on 18 July 2015. The Asia tour was in line with the singer’s 15th anniversary year and was set in Taiwan and Singapore.

Although it was not the first performance in Singapore for the singer herself, this was her first solo concert in Singapore. Having used to perform in big venues such as Saitama Super Arena, the Singapore concert was held in a smaller venue at *SCAPE, The Ground Theatre which had much more intimate setting with the short distance between the fans and Koda Kumi.

The concert opened with an energetic dance performance from 5 dancers. All decked in sunglasses and dark long coats, she joined in with a contrast by wearing a white fur coat and sunglasses attached with a gold thick chain. The singer performed ‘POP DIVA’ and ‘Mercedes’ as it was a perfect match to the first set of costumes.Her powerful vocals were strutted with an excellent hit of low to high range notes.

The audiences’ mood were enlivened with ‘House Party’ and ‘Poppin’love cocktail feat. TEDDA’. In just a moment, the venue turned into a fun party with the cute lively dance moves from Koda Kumi and her dancers. The twirling of towels in the air and the energetic prompts for the audience easily brought everyone together as one.

The concert gradually transited into a more relaxed ambience as Koda Kumi changed into her second costume set for the night. Dressed in gold shimmering dress and matching hair accessory, the singer crooned the popular love ballad, ‘Ai no Uta’ showcasing her vocals versatility.

Accompanied with her strong voice, messages from the lyrics from ‘Sometime Dreams Come True’ and ‘WALK OF MY LIFE’ are conveyed through English translations shown on the screen. One of the highlights from this concert was the special corner where a fan would be selected to come up on stage to join Koda Kumi. The selected fan would be able to request a song from her and had the chance to sit beside the singer. ‘SukiDe SukiDe SukiDe’ was picked and the fan enjoyed a special one to one treatment from the singer herself. -

The tempo of the concert started increasing as Koda Kumi performed ‘Hurricane’ which was set to be released in her “SUMMER of LOVE” album next week. Decked out in body hugging black leather cropped outfit, Koda Kumi showcased her sleek dance moves in sync with the music video playing in the background.

The atmosphere rose once again as ‘real Emotion’ was well-received from the audience as most recognised the song from the popular “Final Fantasy” game. The hyped up atmosphere did not die down with a heavy dance introduction and upbeat songs like ‘TABOO’, ‘BE MY BABY ~LOADED’ followed after one another. The concert ended in a high-powered note with ‘LIFE so GOOD!!’and a deep bow from Koda Kumi and her dancers.

Encore calls were promptly called out from the audience once the lights went off. Koda Kumi did not take long to answer the requested encore call and dived in straight to her popular hit song, ‘Cutie Honey’. The tag along “Honey Flash” phrase was no stranger to everyone in the audience as they joined in sharply. The encore session continued with a special medley which consist of her past hit songs, giving the audience a feel of nostalgic.

Towards the end of the concert, Koda Kumi reflected on her past 14 years with the concept of this tour, “WALK OF MY LIFE”. The singer revealed that she was always brooding over her decisions because she cared about others’ thoughts too much. Upon this 15th anniversary year, she realised it was not about what others think but how people have chosen to live. Her encouraging messages of “be yourself” was deeply conveyed to everyone with the help of English subtitles. Koda Kumi thanked everyone sincerely as she dedicated her final song of the night ‘walk’ to everyone and ended the night with an emotional performance.

http://www.kojaconreport.com/2015/07...-18-july-2015/

Kojacon Report also wrote on last Fri's press conference with even more photos that they took of her

http://www.kojaconreport.com/2015/07...rtant-thing-2/

Old 23rd July 2015, 04:50 AM
from your letter Initiate

i have low expectation, so the sale is good enough. I'm afraid that second day it will drop as much as ever.
Old 23rd July 2015, 05:53 AM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by abestfah View Post
I'm afraid that second day it will drop as much as ever.
I know it has happened in the past.

Thanks again Karen for the Info!!
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:18 AM

SUMMER of LOVE 2nd day on Oricon - #6

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2015-07-22/

Old 23rd July 2015, 12:37 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

HURRICANE PV (LQ):
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ti3iptASqDM

Thanks to Limited_yan on Baidu

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 23rd July 2015 at 12:41 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
a-nation '15, koda kumi, koddess, kxvk, queen of live, summer of love, walk of my life