[Koda Kumi] The 184th Thread - 59th single 『Shhh!』 & LIVE TOUR 2016 ~Best Single Collection~ - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2016, 01:12 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^sorry we posted at the same time. Yes, and it was her first album after the best-of not to forget.
Old 12th June 2016, 02:39 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Thanks for the explanation on that monster album term. It does make sense to me a lot more now.

Speaking of Black Cherry, it was definitely the final strike that made me her fan lol. Back when I started to listen to her music, it had just been announced and I had already gotten in love with BEST ~second session~ but I didn't call myself her fan yet. I was more into Ayu at the time but Black Cherry and Kingdom's singles were enough to make me realize that Kuu is my #1 J-Pop artist~ Gosh, some Ayu stans in another forum got so butthurt over this in 2008... :'D

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 12th June 2016, 02:57 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I have a lot of great memories on Black Cherry as when I 1st got into Japanese music , it was around the time when that album was released

Also Black Cherry was the 1st Kuu album I listened/bought as well . I think what made it THE album in Kuu's discography was due to the reasons that Baernash singled out

From the singles to the concept to the covers , Black Cherry pretty much nailed it . That's until JAPONESQUE suppressed that (in my opinion)

Also I remembered I was really captivated by each of the covers of the album and I wanted to buy all 3 editions just for them solely , what memories heh

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 12th June 2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12th June 2016, 05:25 PM
End of the World Initiate

"Black Cherry" opened new chapter - that's for sure - and IMO it was her best album out of previously released. I'm just listening to it right now
So many good songs: Ningyo Hime, Yume no Uta, Koi no Tsubomi, WON'T BE LONG, JUICY, Cherry Girl, I'll be there and Unmei. INTRODUCTION was great as well - I'm so happy it was released later as full song.
BTW will we ever get studio version of Trick (TRICK intro)?

Last edited by Baernash; 12th June 2016 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12th June 2016, 09:32 PM
Voyage Initiate

Black Cherry actually had the opposite effect on me. After Second Session, which is one of my favourite albums from her and I have so much nostalgia for it, I was very disappointed by BC and actually dropped out of the fandom for a bit... Glad I am back in now obviously!
Old 13th June 2016, 12:02 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Black Cherry is for sure my favorite album.

That was a really exciting time in her career (for me at least) and I have a lot of memories. 4 hot wave in particular.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 13th June 2016, 04:23 AM
independent Initiate

grow into one was my very first Kumi's album, it's a real gem and so very much underrated. Every single song on it is perfect. Period. My God, I can never get enough of it. It's just so perfect in every way and the flow of the album is so perfect too. It has converted me into Kumi's fan right away. My dad got it for me almost as soon as it came out along with affection. Man, I still remember how happy I was when I got my hands on my first Koda Kumi albums. 13 years ago. OMG so loooong ago.
affection is one amazing album too, so underrated as well. If only someone would let me listen to TAKE BACK single back when it came out in 2000 I know that I would have become a fan right after, I can't believe that it wasn't a hit - this song is frigging awesome!

btw does anyone know what does the special first press edition of Premium Night "Love & Songs" Blu-ray looks like? CD Japan says special packaging but what does it look like? I'm trying to hunt down myself a copy on yahoo auctions Japan but it's hard to do when you don't know what it looks like.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 13th June 2016, 05:32 AM
rainy day Initiate

It's essentially just silver foil stamped text on the cover instead of just white. Nothing super fancy.
Old 13th June 2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
That was a really exciting time in her career (for me at least) and I have a lot of memories. 4 hot wave in particular.
"4 hot wave" brings a lot of memories. It's one of my favourite singles of her (I'm highly rating all of her summer singles except "HOTEL").

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALfromHELLSING View Post
grow into one was my very first Kumi's album, it's a real gem and so very much underrated. Every single song on it is perfect.
It was my very first album too. I wasn't skipping any tracks on the album while listening - that just proves how great it was.
Old 13th June 2016, 06:26 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Frankly most of Kuu's Summer singles are great but yeah 4 hot wave set a really high standard at that time when it was released & even up to now , it's still tops

HOTEL is under rated . I think it takes a lot to appreciate it as it's not the typical Summer song that Kuu brings , something that she herself said before

For me I like that HOTEL was something different

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 13th June 2016, 06:48 AM
Interlude Initiate

is there a demo version and/or instrumental version of
"Introduction ~WALK OF MY LIFE~"?

I love this track so much but it is painfully short...
Old 13th June 2016, 02:22 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I love HOTEL very much. I was actually getting annoyed with the usual urban/pop/rock/dance pattern so HOTEL was a perfect change. My favorite summer single 4 hot wave (lol, surprisingly). I also think Gossip Candy and 4 TIMES are almost as goid as that one.

~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 13th June 2016, 09:40 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
grow into one was my very first Kumi's album
Yes, so much Kumi and FFX2 nostalgia!

4 Times is my favourite Summer single!
Old 14th June 2016, 01:58 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

If only kuu were releasing an ero-kakkoii summer single. le sigh. I want songs like, SHAKE IT, JUICY, Candy, POP DIVA, and TABOO. I really miss those types of songs from her.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 14th June 2016, 02:23 PM

^ I miss them too but it looks like WOML started a new chapter in her career.
Old 14th June 2016, 03:51 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
If only kuu were releasing an ero-kakkoii summer single. le sigh. I want songs like, SHAKE IT, JUICY, Candy, POP DIVA, and TABOO. I really miss those types of songs from her.

Hm, HURRICANE? Or Like It?
I'd call both erokakkoii.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 14th June 2016, 05:54 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Yeah, HURRICANE and Like It are so ero-kakkoii that I find it funny when people say they're not.

~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Last edited by Minttulatte; 14th June 2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old 14th June 2016, 06:29 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
Black Cherry actually had the opposite effect on me. After Second Session, which is one of my favourite albums from her and I have so much nostalgia for it, I was very disappointed by BC and actually dropped out of the fandom for a bit... Glad I am back in now obviously!
me too.
Best -ss- era is the best fpr me. I still rememeber the excitement of getting new covers, what the theme and PV be like, make a picture out of 12 singles, puzzles they sold at that time....great
My first album was Secret, I still love it so much, my another fav is grow into one
Old 15th June 2016, 12:00 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Yeah, HURRICANE and Like It are so ero-kakkoii that I find it funny when people say they're not.
Needs more humping of people/objects (jk)

tumblr

Old 15th June 2016, 01:32 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I dont consider both songs ero-kokkoii either, they are just dance songs. last time she did something ero-kakkoii imo was Love Me Back (with the pop style) and TOUCH DOWN (with the urban style)

IG | YT | PR

Closed Thread

Tags
倖田來未, koda kumi, koddess, live tour 2016, queen of live