[Koda Kumi] re(LIVE) her re(CORD) in her 199th Thread! - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th August 2019, 11:07 AM
As if.. Initiate

So apparently Ami formerly of DREAM and E-girls has recorded a cover of Koi no Tsubomi. It also has a drama tie-in. Ami has followed Kumi on Instagram, since she launched it last year. She's definitely a fangirl.

https://m.egfamily-m.jp/news/detail?news_id=20020
Old 6th August 2019, 04:53 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
^Japanese walls are out of paper tho :/
Anyways, any type of violence in a relationship is bad, remember that kids.
Sorry, but I have to ask, was this directed at me? Because there is a difference between true domestic violence and abuse VS an argument between a mature couple. I say that because you said, “violence of any kind”, when there is something mild like what Kuu did, or how I smack my husband when he’s being cheeky. I have to ask, because my parents were truly in a abusive relationship, so I don’t like it when the issue is trivialized by being lumped with lesser and innocent offences.

wednesday's child is full of woe

Old 6th August 2019, 07:22 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^no, it wasn't directed at you, no worries.
I just have seen a lot of relationships where it often isn't as harmless at it seems - which does not mean that it is drastic either. But smacking a phone into the wall is kinda over the top for me.
Old 6th August 2019, 07:33 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I recommend you to watch the episode and hear the story for yourself.
She also talks about how they learned to end big arguments e.g. in that instance. Or how they have a relationship "to not save up" between each other, where talking together first is the key (which then leads to that story).
I've even seen some comments from non-fans on social media being positively surprised how mature she got.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 6th August 2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 6th August 2019, 08:00 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Just watched the TV episode, I honestly love her lol She’s so funny.
Btw, can’t wait for the tour goods omg
Old 6th August 2019, 08:14 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
^no, it wasn't directed at you, no worries.
I just have seen a lot of relationships where it often isn't as harmless at it seems - which does not mean that it is drastic either. But smacking a phone into the wall is kinda over the top for me.
True, I asked my husband what he thought of the situation and he said that what I do he just finds cute and funny, but he agreed that Kuu’s situation sounded a little drastic.

But, I don’t think Kuu was in the wrong, because I feel like it’s something one would need to be there to understand.

Old 6th August 2019, 08:49 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^No no, I don't think so either. i just can't think of a situation where I would get so angry that i would throw my phone (well, she got the money)

Anyways, I can only say it again: she seems to be on a pretty good streak without even promoting actively that much.
Old 6th August 2019, 08:52 PM
As if.. Initiate

I hesitated in posting this, but this forum can sometimes be so frustrating.

Once again, I see the fans of a certain artist be dismissive of Kumi. Whenever there is drama with their fave, I can always expected a snide and snobby dig at Kumi.

You'd think after nearly 15 years I'd be used to this nonsense, but it's disheartening nonetheless.
Old 6th August 2019, 09:06 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
. i just can't think of a situation where I would get so angry that i would throw my phone (well, she got the money)
I did it once. Screen broken, lesson learned.
Old 6th August 2019, 09:54 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
I did it once. Screen broken, lesson learned.
I did it too. long time ago. my phone broke into two pieces (slide phone). no good idea...

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 7th August 2019, 03:48 AM
Initiate

@lovethatkuu&ayu They are just going as insane as the artist they love so much. I would recommend not to take them serious at all. The only thing I have to say is that I respect more and more the legacy that Kumi has.

Won fair and square (well, second place lol) a competition and got her record deal without any other reason. Seems to have a very good and healthy personal and professional life. Has a husband and son who completes her, as she always talks about. And one of the most important things as an artist: still has the passion for her craft.

About the mobile thing, as long it wasn't throw in his direction, I guess it's fine. lol It's quite a natural thing to want to break things when you are angry, but it's important to find the balance between breaking things or just hiding your feelings and crying alone.
Old 7th August 2019, 06:54 AM
appears Initiate

There are certainly times I've been like, "OMG kuu is bein' a thot!" But hands down, she is so respectable as an artist even when she's dancing around in panties. The sheer amount of work that she puts into her career and performances is breathtaking. She has a great personal life. I hate that her husband is dripping with attractiveness, but damn if she doesn't deserve to have someone that sexy. She's just been so on her ish for years and years, even when pregnant. Don't like everything she's ever done, but I can always count on it to be hard work nonetheless.

My only wish for her legacy is that she be remembered for being so damn intelligent. She's really right up there with Utada in terms of intelligence. She knows so much and does so much of the work herself because she knows it's about the journey. It'd be wonderful to someday have a big Oprah-style interview with Kuu, where we get more deep insight into how she approaches things. For a girl who won a record competition, she literally knocks so many other artists on their rear when it comes to work ethic.

-> <-
Old 7th August 2019, 09:03 AM
I am... Initiate

I’ve noticed and have been thinking of that recently, too.
Not just on this forum but the internet in general.
I don’t like how people use one woman to put down another.
Old 7th August 2019, 12:58 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
I’ve noticed and have been thinking of that recently, too.
Not just on this forum but the internet in general.
I don’t like how people use one woman to put down another.
I noticed this happening more with female artists than with male ones. What’s up with that??

Old 7th August 2019, 04:12 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^more gay fans who want their queen to be on top ....

I can't wait for the goods. I hope she announces them soon.
Old 7th August 2019, 04:52 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
The only thing I have to say is that I respect more and more the legacy that Kumi has.

Won fair and square (well, second place lol) a competition and got her record deal without any other reason. Seems to have a very good and healthy personal and professional life. Has a husband and son who completes her, as she always talks about. And one of the most important things as an artist: still has the passion for her craft.
wow you're so right on pitting women against each other with these comments, doing the exact same thing as they did.

Last edited by hud; 7th August 2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 7th August 2019, 07:30 PM
Initiate

^ How am I comparing when I'm only taking about Kumi? Maybe in your twisted mind I'm comparing, but idc.

@wednesday I guess it starts with the media putting women against each other, just like Ayu x Utada back in the day, so it just creates this non existing rivalry. Here in Brazil even for tv hosts for kids shows were compared and put against each other, from back in the 80/90s. lol

Last edited by kaled kalil; 8th August 2019 at 12:58 AM.
Old 7th August 2019, 07:58 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

lmao.
Old 7th August 2019, 10:23 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I don't think it's a gays-only thing, female rivalry has always been praised. Like poeple don't says things like "Imagine Dragons is the new Coldplay" as much as there's always a "new Lady Gaga" or whatever everytime a new female singer gets the spotlight. Look at Nicki, who instantly was everywhere and now it's Cardi, they never got to share it and the media presses the newer upon the older one every single time. I haven't watched it but I think Ryan Murphy's Feud deals a lot with that.

But well at the end of the day I'm listening and stanning both and they both are rich af so we're not the ones on the loser side lol

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 7th August 2019, 11:42 PM
Initiate

Anyway. To be back in topic, here is a "demo" version of Heartless. The lyrics are actually great and the voice... Awesome.

-EDIT

The singer is the composer of the song, she's in the credits. The song is quite old, from 2009. Shanna is also in the credits of Can We Go Back, also from 2009, so this could be one of the cases of a song that Kumi had in her catalog way before releasing. At the same time is hard to be sure since her voice changed from that time and Heartless sounds like it is with her current "technique".

Last edited by kaled kalil; 7th August 2019 at 11:57 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, queen of live