[Koda Kumi] The 201st Thread - 20th Anniversary Countdown - - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd January 2020, 04:01 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I want Kuu to throw Ayu a bangin’ post-baby baby shower
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:37 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ I can actually picture her doing so lol Wouldn't be surprised if that already happened

Happy new year, folks! Can't wait for the first 20th anniv announcements Hopefully we won't have to wait until the "encore" dates of reLIVE for that hahaha

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 3rd January 2020, 12:17 AM
BEST Initiate

^ I hope we’ll get a new Driving Hit‘s this spring... I love these albums so much <3

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 3rd January 2020, 07:57 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

New Years Card and the new FC magazine are out:

Hope the global FC uploads it soon.

(the fan here says that this woman really makes the fans important, aw)

---------------------------------------------------

You remember Kuu mentioning the country wide radio comments she recorded at avex' headquarters?
They strangely didn't make an official announcement about it on her site or anything, but they apparently started airing in December already and going on since then.
Cause the radio programmes airing them are making posts about airing those comments on Twitter.
Like this one just yesterday:
https://twitter.com/rkb_wannabz/stat...47565981650945
This is a cute post about such a Kuu comment from December:

This radio reporter was shedding happy tears about it, cause Kuu's song supported her in hard times.
Guess they gonna air them through her whole anniversary year.

-----------------------------------------------

Aoi Shouta also has his own radio programme and in the last episode of 2019 he spoke about his encounter with Kuu and about his grandmother:
https://www.excite.co.jp/news/articl...Fm_URO4y6An9D/
To summarize what he spoke about:
Meeting and collaborating with Kuu was one of his most impressive moments of 2019.
He always loved playing computer games and his grandmother watched over him when he was young. One of this games was FF X-2 and it was the way he discovered Kuu's music. 1000 no Kotoba was a song his grandmother loved, too, when she heard it while he was playing the game back then (so he was singing the song at that national tournament where he then won the grand prix). His beloved grandmother died about a year ago, but he couldn't really feel the sadness of loosing her till now.
But then the FNS Uta Matsuri came and Kuu hugged him on stage. He tried his best while the camera was on him not to cry, but the tears were heavily falling in the light of his wish coming true (meeting and performing with Kuu) when he left the stage with Kuu. And Kuu was saying to him "This was great. Your grandmother is definitely watching (right now)". So when he was back at home this night, brushing his teeth and looking into the mirror, he thought about his grandmother for the first time after her death and then he cried about her death for the very first time.

Short sidenote - Aoi Shouta and Kuu are in different record companies and I guess it's quite hard to arrange something not being in the same. E.g. all performances and pics he did with other artists at FNS Uta Matsuri this night were from his own record company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
^ I can actually picture her doing so lol Wouldn't be surprised if that already happened
Me too, haha. There's always so much happening we don' know of.
They're always only showing us what they wanna us know.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 3rd January 2020, 08:07 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Aoi Shouta also has his own radio programme and in the last episode of 2019 he spoke about his encounter with Kuu and about his grandmother:
https://www.excite.co.jp/news/articl...Fm_URO4y6An9D/
To summarize what he spoke about:
Meeting and collaborating with Kuu was one of his most impressive moments of 2019.
He always loved playing computer games and his grandmother watched over him when he was young. One of this games was FF X-2 and it was the way he discovered Kuu's music. 1000 no Kotoba was a song his grandmother loved, too, when she heard it while he was playing the game back then (so he was singing the song at that national tournament where he then won the grand prix). His beloved grandmother died about a year ago, but he couldn't really feel the sadness of loosing her till now.
But then the FNS Uta Matsuri came and Kuu hugged him on stage. He tried his best while the camera was on him not to cry, but the tears were heavily falling in the light of his wish coming true (meeting and performing with Kuu) when he left the stage with Kuu. And Kuu was saying to him "This was great. Your grandmother is definitely watching (right now)". So when he was back at home this night, brushing his teeth and looking into the mirror, he thought about his grandmother for the first time after her death and then he cried about her death for the very first time.
This is a very touching and beautiful story.
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:07 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Wow, indeed that was touching. And now you can imagine how he felt while sharing a stage with her, I would have passed out lol Also, so sweet Kuu shared those words with him, she truly is an inspiring and kind person

Old 4th January 2020, 03:25 AM
Initiate

Shouta's story was very touching indeed, that's very sweet.

Talking about Ayumi's situation now, it made me want for her to be part of Bokura no Jidai that happened with Tomiko Van and hitomi, where they had all three moms talking about life and motherhood. Maybe it happens someday. I still wish we had it subbed.

Last edited by kaled kalil; 4th January 2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old 4th January 2020, 12:33 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

The New Year's card is a poster flyer with photos from re(LIVE) tour!

Photos from mercari.

Lies was just uploaded:

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 4th January 2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 4th January 2020, 08:20 PM
Who... Initiate

ughh I always loved both the song and the PV for Lies
Old 4th January 2020, 09:11 PM
independent Initiate

Happy New Year to all, may 2020 be awesome to you people.

I hope you got better by now, Corvina and thanks for sharing the wallpapers from the Japanese FC & Play Room. Global FC didn't get Christmas or NY wallpapers like we used to. I won't be surprised if they shutdown GFC in the coming years, her Global Fanbase is quite small and probably only 25% are the members of the FC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskinillusion View Post
Okay, so I know this is random but... with the uploading of some of her old PVs recently, I was reminded of the Cherry Girl drama she shot during Black Cherry that was packaged with the album. Well, back in the day, I tried to watch it, but not knowing Japanese, I really had no clue what was going on so I gave up. So, seeing the Cherry Girl PV made me remember the drama and I watched it with English subs and I have so many questions!!! Mainly, my issue with it is this: why did the two opposing parties plan together to kill Kuu's trio of private investigators?! How did they even know they existed and how were they a threat to them?? I just don't understand the reasoning behind the plot... They staged all this stuff to hire these girls just so they could kill them foooor what reason exactly? Please enlighten me someone!
I think it's just how it is, it just doesn't make much sense and it was more fan service type of a movie for Kuu fans rather than her attempt at being an actress. That's probably also why it never got a standalone release.

Some people here seem to be very excited about the possible upcoming all-time BEST album. Can someone explain to me why? Not trying to be an ass, just curious. I converted all of the Kuueen's best albums into playlists otherwise I'd have 3 exact versions of 「hands」when playing music on shuffle. I do keep her BEST albums in my iTunes library for collection purposes but don't actually play the duplicated tracks. I also already created the playlist of all her singles and as soon as the new one comes out I just add it there. If she releases an all-time best single collection we are likely going to get the same tracks with the same arrangement again. I'd rather she released an album about her path/career which tells a story as WOML did.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 4th January 2020, 09:46 PM
As if.. Initiate

An all-time BEST for me would represent the journey. It's both a monument and a testament to her grit, work ethic, and vision. We wouldn't be just getting music. There would definitely be a detailed booklet and unseen photos from her archives. To not release a BEST this year would be foolish. Ayumi missed a big opportunity in both the 2017 lead up and 2018 celebration .

Looking at the physical 6 disc copy of Mai Kuraki's 20th anniversary release was impressive. It was handled with care, and turned out quite well. I would prefer Kumi take that approach with her release. It's going to be tricky, since Kumi has numerous singles with more than one A-side.
Old 5th January 2020, 01:08 AM
Initiate

^ I wouldn't call Mai's compilation "impressive". Besides the remaster, which is something most people don't really care, it has all singles and that's it. Also, it was 20,000 yen for a 4 CDs + 2 DVDs, not even a blu-ray version was available.

Impressive was Seiko's The Voice of a Queen, which had all her singles in physical CD format, and it was worthy for the die hard fans since most of her 80s singles were released in LP format, and now are on CD with instrumentals that weren't available before. The price was insane, but for the content it was understandable.

I can see the milestone of a compilation for all 20 years and how important it might be, but unless it has actual interesting content, I'm not getting it.

Last edited by kaled kalil; 5th January 2020 at 01:10 AM.
Old 5th January 2020, 03:54 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

B'z's COMPLETE SINGLE BOX were also amazing in the way they were done

http://bz-vermillion.com/news/170629.html

Both B’z COMPLETE SINGLE BOX Black & Trailer Versions are not cheap but the way Being marketed and created them let alone the content on what you get , it was real epic

Somemore , B'z only started to release CD + DVD versions of their albums and singles in 2009 which's considered late as they've been in the business since 1988

I don't know if Kuu would consider to do something like this but it would make a statement in celebration of her 20th anniversary this year

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 5th January 2020 at 03:58 AM.
Old 5th January 2020, 07:56 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Thanks, ALfromHELLSING, by now I'm so far healthy again.

If I'd like an upcoming best depends on what would be on it. All PVs and/or rare material included?
Hell, yes, I'd be hyped.
Otherwise I wouldn't care much.
But I do see it as a good opportunity for the general public. She's never going to release a physical single again and a 20th anniversary is a milestone not everybody reaches (even Kuu wasn't sure she would).
So an All Time Single Best makes sense, as casual listeners and the public, who are not following her, have not much clue what she all did since her peak and like that they have it combined.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 5th January 2020, 01:30 PM
Initiate

@KarenPang The truck is so cool! For someone like me who collected all Kumi's singles (except the FC exclusives), it wouldn't be much of a treat a release with all the singles physically, but it definitely is something cool and over the top.

They could also do what they did in 2011, release old concerts in blu-ray. Or do like Akina Nakamori's 35th anniversary, where they broadcast her old concerts in fullHD.

They have the footage, in 2015 they did the 15th Anniversary Live History and the Secret Live was clearly recorded in HD for most of the angles. The upscale for Black Cherry and TRICK were nicely done, also the fact that we finally had Dream Music Park.

Her team really pushes for the Queen of Live title, so I really hope they utilizes her live catalog properly.

I'm not even gonna bother anymore with the a-nation old performances, at this point everything is all lost like bandai's Sailor Moon masters. lol

Last edited by kaled kalil; 5th January 2020 at 01:34 PM.
Old 5th January 2020, 05:52 PM
BEST Initiate

^ I still need to see JUICY from a-nation/rhythm nation 2006

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 5th January 2020, 08:04 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Does someone know the name of the guy in the Lies PV? Easily he's the most handsome man that Kuu had as a love interest in her videos imo

Regarding the all time best, tbqh I'd love an expensive really complete box but I don't think I could afford it. So if she settles now for something like Finally, with three discs and a video dvd/bd I'd be over the moon already.

Old 5th January 2020, 08:51 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^I think the name is mentioned at the beginning of you or someday or so?
Old 5th January 2020, 09:05 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Does someone know the name of the guy in the Lies PV? Easily he's the most handsome man that Kuu had as a love interest in her videos imo
His name is Shogen Itokazu.

If were speaking about actors... When Kuu played her part in the Rika drama, she played with Ryohei Otani,the male main actor, and she said that some time in the future he has to play in one of her PVs.
Here in her Instagram post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B47qpBxA...d=rb6irmlt6m0d

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 6th January 2020, 10:20 AM
Interlude Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
I never understood the Shake It Up PV XD
I concur. I have rewatched it recently and it boogles the mind how random it is. yet there are multiple sets and effects to make it seem there is a story??

(2 kuus surveilling a third kuu in a sewing studio, immediate fanservice dancing; all happening in a picture in a museum of sorts again looked at by yet another kumi and of course the first kumi pulling strings from her face?)

can anybody please try interprete this PV?
Closed Thread

Tags
ero-kakkoii, koda kumi, queen of live