A BEST B/W: End of an era, beginning of...? - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 4th January 2007, 04:26 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fan929 View Post
She's only released 1 best-of album.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kpop_Selection_Album

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_of_Soul

K-Pop Selection may be a Korean compilation, and it may not bear a "best" title, but it was released in Japan, it was a compilation, and I believe it still applies in terms of her overall career.

Old 4th January 2007, 04:31 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by explodingbird View Post
You do realize that

1. She didn't die out after the original A BEST? In fact, although sales have steadily declined, she sold quite strongly for quite a while after. Nor have other artists, in spite of declining sales, retired after their bests? Namie, Ku, Hikki, hitomi... they may have sold lower, true (well, Kuu seems to be selling well compared to her pre-BEST days), but they're still going. BoA put out best-ofs and she's still chugging on. Do As Infinity put out three albums after Do The Best.

2. Ayu herself said in the TalkAsia interview: If she couldn't sing or make music, it would feel like her life is incomplete or over. Well, really, more like "If I don't have music, it's like I die."

I don't see why people jump to these conclusions with little backing evidence and enough contradictory evidence. Do you all enjoy ignoring these things and focusing on the negative side or something? People here are so negative about everything regarding Ayu, that I've seen - the cover sucks, the singles suck, the sales suck, oh my god she's retiring, she's over, the albums might not both hit #1 (so freaking what?!) and so on... I mean, seriously, do you feed off negative energy or something, people?
I agree... I think Ayu has done a damn good job with the last 3 albums... I know alot of ppl complain but Secret has turned out to be my fav album... The only song I complained about was B&D... and it's only good live... I can't stand to listen to the studio version... don't know why

I don't think Ayu will retire... but there is a way to keep music in her life without performing and creating songs... she could focus more on composing for others, writing lyrics for others... maybe even helping younger artists tours and other things...

..::|Do no evil|::..

Old 4th January 2007, 05:43 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

If she does stop singing for some strange reason, I don't think she should write for other people. The person she's writing for might not convey the proper emotion Ayu had intended for the lyrics. :/
Old 4th January 2007, 09:57 AM
poker face Initiate

If the old signs are true this time, she'll surprise everyone with some unexpected act. Hopefully by starting to release trance albums again. xD

In any case, I don't see any reason why she'd quit the business. In fact, I think it's the opposite. For example, in 2006 she released more PVs than any previous year.
Old 4th January 2007, 10:58 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_ready? View Post

hopefully, she'll quit hard-noisy-boring-songs era started from (m)u till now and make a realli good music like some years ago, change the style and escape from these awful tons of classical dresses
I OBJECT THAT LOL
hmmm...sorry to say...But I Think those 'Noisy' Songs are ayu's BEST STYLE ever...Like...have u ever try to sing Bold & Delicious? Happily and dance about? I DID...like TONS of times...and I Realize why ayu LOVES B&D SO MUCH.......the Hard Noisy Boring songs in (m)u...maybe like B&D,STEP you,Ladies Night,alterna,is this LOVE?,those are really nice.....and the songs in Secret are MOSTLY NOISY as well....so I Think nothing wrong with them...those are ayu's REAL STYLE (u can see 'evolution', UNITE!, etc...) Those are NOISY as well....but HITS ! so................Classical Dresses are also fine....she's A WOMAN. classical dresses in ayu's style are really nice...

sorry not to be sarcastic LOL
I'm just not with you.
Old 7th January 2007, 11:58 PM
Trauma Initiate

Im ready for an all english song. We have seen Ayu's english isnt half bad, so she could write the song herself. Im not saying it has to be a single, or even have a pv (unless it is a great song) but I would just like to hear atleast one full english Ayu song. If its a bad song, then well, Ayumi tried something new and it didnt work its not the end of the world. But if the song is good who knows what the future could hold.
Old 8th January 2007, 03:28 AM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

I am a big Ayumi Fan and honestly. I don't want to see her do this but she take a break right now. She put out more albums then any artist I know over the time friend she been an artist. And you can tell by the Japanese culture that they are kind of tired of hearing her. She need that time frame were people would want her to come back with a album. I am here in Japan and alot of people are tired because she is so popular. I think it is one of the reason Koda Kumi is become a big so popular and Ayumi albums are not doing like they used too.

So I say she should take a break and just let people not see her that much. and then after a while not seen then come back with a album.
Old 9th January 2007, 04:49 AM
LIMIT Initiate

actually... I'd prefer Ayumi to stick to singing in only Japanese.. I mean, for me, it's an appeal, it's part of the reason why I buy her music. Something to listen to when I get sick of listening to English songs. I love her lyrics and expressions, but I love the language too.
Old 9th January 2007, 05:04 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio12345678 View Post
So I say she should take a break and just let people not see her that much. and then after a while not seen then come back with a album.
I exactly feel the same thing. But it will be : new A BEST are coming soon and then she will on the road performing in Japan and Asia...
I think (hope) that she won't release a new album at the end of this year, maybe 1 single or not... then she will come back with a brand new song, a new vision and she'll destroy the opponant (I mean Kuu lol)

But... if you try to reflect, you will see that in spite of the last year (with Startin') she never sold a thing during her tour time : there is always the same routine Album - Arena - Spring Sngle !

Last edited by Olw---A; 9th January 2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 9th January 2007, 10:50 PM
from your letter Initiate

I think at this stage in her career, she should consider starting her own label and/or producing for other artists. Not right now. I see at least one more album out of her before this. I always see this as the next step for established artists. Nothing better than finding new talent and giving them some of the same opportunities as you were given (or strived for).

I think she'd be perfect for this. And of course, this leaves room for her to pursue personal interests as well.

Oh and about people complaining all the time. Isn't that basically the norm for all artists? It ain't a new concept. It's as if any sort of criticism towards Ayumi is considered an attack on her character or worth or somethinG. Chiiiillllll!

Last edited by Jayee19; 9th January 2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 4th February 2007, 03:16 AM
Mirror Initiate

she is changing all the time. i hope she will continue to make music, which is the most important thing!
Old 6th February 2007, 07:12 PM
SURREAL Initiate

i wish....

she fix those annoying bad vibra technique

stop waving hand while singing like 'nihon no mariah carey'
(see how the make up artist tease her in PRIDE making clip)

back to her short hair style once in a while

improve her english even more

produce more memorable songs
Old 7th February 2007, 01:59 AM
BEST Initiate

Sad that this came in mind but maybe it's the beginning of Ayu becoming less popular in Japan...
Old 7th February 2007, 09:15 PM
ayu trance Initiate

hmmm... i think... ayu should't expand towards US, though i would loooooooooooove to see her here in the US.... but the US would mess her up and ruin her. Hollywood is full of messed up people. ayu should stay in Japan... stay true to her roots. Also, however she changes, she's always herself. I will always be her fan.
Old 8th February 2007, 06:30 PM
Heartplace Initiate

I want her... I dunno.. To sing more songs and all yeah! ... Well, I want her to sing ballads like before, Secret was the only ballad like the old ones. And I just want her to stay hyper like she is now
About to flow out...

I might tell him of this feeling
When the trees come into bud
And the leaves are freshly green..... again...

Old 9th February 2007, 04:07 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

As much as I would love to see Ayu go international, I don't think the US market is open to japanese artists. I mean, look at Utada Hikaru. She IS American, but her albums haven't done well in the US. =(

avatar and sig made with brushes from celestial-star.net
Old 9th February 2007, 06:42 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayee19 View Post
I think at this stage in her career, she should consider starting her own label and/or producing for other artists. Not right now. I see at least one more album out of her before this. I always see this as the next step for established artists. Nothing better than finding new talent and giving them some of the same opportunities as you were given (or strived for).
This is what I want to see happen also. But I think she should take a break for a while, and then come back with two or three strong albums.