[CHARTS + SALES] Mirrorcle World - ORICON STYLE Thread II - Page 22 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th April 2008, 09:43 PM
austin. ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv ~Venus~ View Post
You must be thinkin' of someone else becoz I never said that Ayumi didn't deserve #1 spot.
Sorry then, the way you were acting really seemed like it.

Quote:
Yea, I admit that i did want her to lose her streak though....but if that happened.....i would've hated for the outcome of her fans. *thinks of dozens of ayu fans jumping of bridges to their death*
Well, did you not want Ayu to get the #1 before or after the "magic"? I'm hoping it was after. People wouldn't really jump off bridges, would they?

Quote:
Anyway, I don't dislike Ayumi and I didn't even know that being against her this one time was disrespecting her...and her fans. I see comedy in all of this though. Even though we have to different opinions, I really believe that you guys shouldn't doubt the AVEX M-A-G-I-C!
Umm, it's okay that you were against her, this once, but do you not think that always posting your "Omg avex cheated" stuff is quite offending - especially to those crazy Ayu fans, you might convince them to jump of a bridge.

I hope you don't hate me.

Last edited by austin. ♥; 14th April 2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 14th April 2008, 09:45 PM
BLUE BIRD Protector

Quote:
^Not you too Halla?! It works people, it works!

Distance vs A BEST anyone?!

@task: ....because its not against AHS rules to dislike her. j/k Like I said numerous of time, I don't see nothing wrong with people disliking Ayu on an Ayumi forum. This forum is widely diverse with different artists. You have ayu fans who are slowly but surely getting bored of her on here and might have a disliking of her at times.
Seems like a glorious waste of time when you could just be talking about Utada instead.

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 14th April 2008, 09:51 PM
kanariya Protector

Quote:
^Not you too Halla?! It works people, it works!

Distance vs A BEST anyone?!

@task: ....because its not against AHS rules to dislike her. j/k Like I said numerous of time, there is nothing wrong with people disliking Ayu on an Ayumi forum. This forum is widely diverse with different artists. You have ayu fans who are slowly but surely getting bored of her on here and might have a disliking of her at times.
why are you trying to spin this into a Ayu vs Hikki thing?

and I for one feel that if it's a bit redundant to belong to a forum decicated to an artist you dislike, seems like a huge waste of everybodys time. I don't mean you necessarily need to like an artist to belong to fan community dedicated to the artist, but at the very least you should feel indifferent about that artist.
Old 14th April 2008, 09:56 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halla View Post
your bias is showing

a drastic rise on weekind is not ~magic~, it's the day most people in japan have off & they go shopping or whatever. I bet lot of people wanting to buy the single had no chance to buy it earlier than saturday (everybody who is in school has half the day off) or sunday (the only free day for majority of japanese).

and it's just plain silly to think that Avex would risk Ayu's credibility by fiddling with the charts. especially now since the legendary streak was lost ages ago on singles with Daybreak and now with albums on GUILTY.
Well I have to agree with Luv this time. I'm not saying the sales pattern is always correct, but if you just look at oricon's number everyday and compare the sales pattern (for every top 3), you shall see the abnormal increase for MW during Sat and Sun. Yes Japanese shop on weekends, and most of the time the cds' indexes tends to be higher during those two days. But increasing like from 5K to 12K during Sat, and another boost to 17K on Sun is totally against the sales trend. Even some Japanese blogs are surprised about these increases. If the local people have that expression, it means these numbers ain't usual.

Again I think MW deserves to be No. 1. I just wanna point out that avex could do something to boost up the sales. And dun think that I dun like ayu blah blah blah because I wrote something above. I have been her fan since 1999 and she's one of my top 3 idols on Earth.

Last edited by bluegie; 14th April 2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 14th April 2008, 09:58 PM
walking proud Initiate

As much as I love Ayumi, I think Avex pretty much gave her this #1. Sorry, but I think it's true. It really doesn't matter that she has concerts on the weekend - I've never seen her sales rise so much just because of that. Not only that, but they incredibly rose even higher on Sunday. Just doesn't seem believable for me.

I want Ayu to keep her #1 streak like anyone else, but I'd like it to be done fairly. If it's time for it to end, it's time for it to end, you know?
Old 14th April 2008, 10:00 PM
TO BE Initiate

Ohh yay~ This was actually bothering me during the day...wondering if she got number 1~

I really hope the sales are constant in the following weeks.

Old 14th April 2008, 10:00 PM
poker face Initiate

141k for Shuchishin, too close. lol
Next week, shu will beat ayu.
Old 14th April 2008, 10:02 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

This is the Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai right??
I agree it's a lame waste of time to be on a forum dedicated mostly to an artist one doesn't like.
Why do people waste their times?

Also, when will they finally put the weekly out so people can simmer down about it already?
Old 14th April 2008, 10:06 PM
Lelio Protector

Is there any proof of the avex magic though? I agree that their sudden promotion 2 days ago helped a lot but besides that there's no proof for anything else.
You can't go all abnormal rising in sales and use that as a fact of the "Avex mocus pocus", and again why didn't they do a magic for Daybreak single as well? =P

The whole "avex mocus" thingy is yet to be proven, extremely high rising in sales isn't really a proof. The sudden promotion most likely helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepaul View Post
141k for Shuchishin, too close. lol
Next week, shu will beat ayu.
After ayu got her #1 I don't think that many people give a damn what will happen in MW's positions next (well just hope for no big drops in sales) =P lol

Anyway this single made ayu's popularity grow as in 2006's ayu's popularity, this single will outsell any of her recent 2 years singles except for BLUE BIRD!

Last edited by ayumisrael; 14th April 2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 14th April 2008, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin. ♥ View Post
Sorry then, the way you were acting really seemed like it.
Yea, I have been a ayu fan jerk (liking ayu but making fun of her at the same time) lately. I just not fun to make fun of Kuu anymore. I don't see why we can't crack joke on Ayu and her hardcore fans. Immature? Not really. Funny? yes! lol

Quote:
Well, did you not want Ayu to get the #1 before or after the "magic"? I'm hoping it was after. People wouldn't really jump off bridges, would they?
This might sound silly but I really don't know. I don't remember. *stratches head* I think I said I don't care for Ayu charting and records because I'm not into her like that. Sreiously, I have totally forgotten. I wasn't until today when I said I was cheering for Shu(?) to win. I did read that some of the posters post here and they were saying that they would be sad and despressed and disappointed....that was coming from people who claim that they don't care for her sale/records/etc. Saying stuff like that will make silly people like me think that way.

Quote:
Umm, it's okay that you were against her, this once, but do you not think that always posting your "Omg avex cheated" stuff is quite offending - especially to those crazy Ayu fans, you might convince them to jump of a bridge. That's your opinion and that's great, but maybe you could've have said it just the once?

I hope you don't hate me.
Err.....I could never hate u even of I wanted to. lol I have crazy people like Fanny and Kristel breathing down my neck. XD No, serious. I could never hate you. lol

As for offense, how can it be offesive by me saying that AVEX used its magic to boost ayumi's sales? It's not like I'm bashing Ayumi or anything. If anything, I'm bashing AVEX and 80% of Ayu fans dislike AVEX themselves especially since Kuu has become the queen bee of AVEX. lol I did say that Ayumi was boring but that was only like one time.

You should see what most fans say about Hikki. "Oh, she's a dyke. She's so boring. Her music is crap. She's in luv in with a bear. (Okay, I think that's funny though.) She has been so lazy lately. She this, she that!" It's not even coming from other artists fans but its mainly from the Ayu fans. I think most of the people who said that don't in like Hikki in gerenal but only likes her if its a Kuu vs Hikki thing which we don't see too much of. I just look at it this way though, its what I should expect from them because this is an Ayumi forum. Its ashame that I have expect them to say that but hey, there's nothing I can do about that.

@Halla: Oops! I am aren't I? Well....Feel Fine vs Free & Easy anyone?

Last edited by Luv ~Venus~; 14th April 2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 14th April 2008, 10:16 PM
monochrome Initiate

Honestly, I never have been in a forum whose artist's fans are talking that bad about their "favourite" artist...

She's doing great, she deserves it!

Old 14th April 2008, 10:16 PM

Ahh Daybreak was different ayumisrael. Back then the no. 1 streak wasn't even established yet. There was just 6 consecutive no. 1s (from evolution to Dearest). I can tell you that at that point avex didn't consider about the no. 1 streak concept back then. If so, they would not release a recut single. Don't forget avex just set it as another so called "valuable 300K limited edition", when back in those days, 300K wasn't even a big number at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halla View Post
and it's just plain silly to think that Avex would risk Ayu's credibility by fiddling with the charts. especially now since the legendary streak was lost ages ago on singles with Daybreak and now with albums on GUILTY.
You do know that the no. 1 streak starts at Free & Easy rite? People just said that if Daybreak wasn't there, she would have a longer streak.

Last edited by bluegie; 14th April 2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 14th April 2008, 10:26 PM
TO BE Initiate

Why didn't Axex do something to make sure GUILTY was number 1 then? The gap between her and Kobukuro wasn't that big.

How exactly would Axex do that anyway....pay off people in oricon to change the numbers? Sorry but not even Ayumi is worth that much <__<. I don't think any record company would go through all that trouble just for a #1.

Old 14th April 2008, 10:30 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
Ahh Daybreak was different ayumisrael. Back then the no. 1 streak wasn't even established yet. There was just 6 consecutive no. 1s (from evolution to Dearest). I can tell you that at that point avex didn't consider about the no. 1 streak concept back then. If so, they would not release a recut single. Don't forget avex just set it as another so called "valuable 300K limited edition", when back in those days, 300K wasn't even a big number at all.

You do know that the no. 1 streak starts at Free & Easy rite? People just said that if Daybreak wasn't there, she would have a longer streak.
I see, I didn't know about charts and sales back then (not even about ayu, just about kumi lol) I understand. I started to know the sales and charting 2 years after I got into ayu =P

I still don't see though the "avex magic". Except for the sudden high promotion and gifts of course which are real but besides that nothing (and without the use of abnormal rising in sales as a "proof"). I really wouldn't deny (neither mind it since I'm happy for MW's #1) it if it was real, but where is the proof they actually did anything else?

Last edited by ayumisrael; 14th April 2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 14th April 2008, 10:32 PM
Trauma Initiate

this is getting fun... for ayu fans #1 is something.
with this number a change to get no.1 80%, so cross your finger.
Old 14th April 2008, 10:37 PM

@ ayumisrael: I dun have anything against "avex magic" or not. Personally I believe avex did (well at least to those mega gifts at the concert halls), but I also respect the opposite way (no magic). After all these are just speculations, and probly the real thing is something we never imagine of.

And I think it's time to stop debating about the magical thing. We should now open the champagne and celebrate her 30th No. 1 After all, most of us post in AHS (especially in ayu's section) because we love ayu. I dun think it's a bad idea to lead us into quarrels just because there are two different beliefs of why MW being no. 1 in the end.... So..

Omedetou for Mirrorcle World being Weekly No. 1!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bluegie; 14th April 2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 14th April 2008, 10:38 PM
winding road Initiate

Seriously, you sound like sore haters. Ayumi got her #1, just leave it there. Avex pulled a few marketing strings, and it payed off. Big deal. Go Ayumi!!!
Old 14th April 2008, 10:41 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Rainbow View Post
Honestly, I never have been in a forum whose artist's fans are talking that bad about their "favourite" artist...

She's doing great, she deserves it!
dont worry ^^ its just not here but in other ayu forums, the so called fans are always bad tallking their favorite artist(ayu)...it just makes me wonder if i'm in a ayumi hamasaki forum

once again congrants to Ayu!!! even if she was to get no.2 ^^ i would still be a fan
Old 14th April 2008, 10:41 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I dun have anything against "avex magic" or not. Personally I believe avex did (well at least to those mega gifts at the concert halls), but I also respect the opposite way (no magic). After all these are just speculations, and probly the real thing is something we never imagine of.

And I think it's time to stop debating about the magical thing. We should now open the champagne and celebrate her 30th No. 1
That's the exact attitude!

*Opening a champagne* pluck!
Old 14th April 2008, 10:42 PM

Ehh... ayu_fan are you talking about me??
Closed Thread