Rate the new songs! - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 6th July 2014, 05:30 AM
Two of us Initiate

Feel the love - 2/5 I never really liked this song from the beginning, still don't. I think the execution of the EDM genre here is very amateurish. The repetition of "Feel the love" is also not very pleasant.

XOXO - 3/5 Sounds like a cutesy Ayumi song but with an EDM twist. Kinda like the modern day glitter or Beautiful Fighters. I enjoyed it, but I see myself getting bored of it.

What is forever love - 4/5 I was thrilled when I first heard that DAISHI DANCE would be involved in this album, although I did not expect this song from him I think it's a beautiful song. It has a nostalgic feel to it and the way Ayu & Naoya's voices blend is perfect. Great Duet.

Hello new me - 2./5 ...Why? The song is very lackluster, typical ayu mid-tempo, not bad, just not good enough. I get why her and her team put this song in here though, because it was a top 10 (hit?) on digital charts and because it was a theme song for a drama, but it just throws you off. I don't think I'll be listening to this

Pray - 3/5 Another digital single with mediocre success which is probably why it's here. Awkwardly placed after Hello new me in an EDM album. Slightly better than Hello new me, but also very typical ayu ballad.

Terminal 5/5 PERFECT SONG TO ADD after that SNOOZE fest. Saving grace, I mean up until this I was like "where's the EDM ayu" Great dance song, this is how you do it.

Angel - 4/5 ...I actually really liked this, I'm not as bothered by her singing as much as others. I think she does a good job here.

Merry-go-round - 3.5/5 I hated this when it first came out, I was disappointed since I loved m-flo and always wanted them to collaborate. Surprisingly it grew on me so much with time. I can now fully listen to the song without cringing.

Lelio - 5/5 This song though! another saving grace for the album. Just excellent, I don't need to elaborate.

NOW & 4EVA - 2/5 This song along with pray belong in ayu's 2004 discography. It's ok but it just sounds dated...a part of me feels like it was recorded a while back but was used to fill space in this album :/

Overall I give this album a 3.5/5 had a lot of potential to be a cohesive EDM album, but 3 songs pretty much killed the mood of this album.

Last edited by monochrome99; 6th July 2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old 13th April 2015, 06:12 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
Feel The Love - 9/10 (for that nostalgic trash value)
Merry Go Round - 9/10
Lelio - 9/10
Pray - 5/10
Hello New Me - 6/10
Angel - 7/10
Terminal - 9/10
xoxo - 8/10
what is forever love - 7/10
now and 4eva - 7/10
Time for a true reevaluation after listening to the album a lot

FTL- 10/10
MGR- 9/10
Lelio- 10/10
HNM- 6/10
Angel- 6/10
Terminal- 10/10
Xoxo - 10/10
WIFL- 7/10
NA4E- 7/10

I think this will be the permanent standing.
Whoops, forgot pray. I wonder why.
Old 13th April 2015, 05:51 PM
As if.. Initiate

Feel The Love - 10/10
Merry Go Round - 7/10
Lelio - 10/10
Pray - 9/10
Hello New Me - 4/10
Angel - 6/10
Terminal - 9/10
xoxo - 9/10
what is forever love - 9/10
now and 4eva - 10/10

I liked the Album from the beginning. It's something different and I like this style. Could listen to it all day long. Hello new me is boring but the rest awesome

Tags
angel, lelio, terminal, what is forever love, xoxo