Ayu & Tomoya's break up - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 17th January 2017, 01:11 PM
TO BE Initiate

Ayu & Tomoya's break up

I've tried searching AHS and googling but I've found no confirmed reason for their break up... — until a friend of mine who just so happens to be a TOKIO fan mentioned an interview he had read in which Ayu said BEFORE the break up, that she viewed (and always has?), Tomoya more like a little brother than a lover, thus breaking his heart, as he was already considering proposing to her (according to Nagase's stepfather), yet I can't find this said interview or heard about it or really any other reasons besides "abortion" or/and "cheating".

I was wondering if anyone here had any clue what I'm talking about or is it like general knowledge and I'm just a Bad&Ignorant Fan™?
Old 17th January 2017, 02:19 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I tried to search "Nagase" and you know what? A half of twitter threads has his mentions... people can't get over him

I think your point is right. If I remember right, Ayu saw him only as friend

news and TA post translation, can't find anything else
http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61605
http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61580
Old 17th January 2017, 06:14 PM
ever free Initiate

Yeah, that's basically what I remember. They were still close but Ayu said something along the lines that she views him more as family than a romantic partner

Old 17th January 2017, 11:02 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
At the same age of 28, Ayumi and Nagase met up in 1993 during a drama's shooting.
Wow... didn't knew about it! So basically they are the Britney and Justin from Japan lol

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 19th January 2017, 03:47 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

I think Ayu wanted an excuse to not get married because she's already married to her career. Nagase said he wanted a family. And Ayu's just not into that kind of life.
Old 29th August 2017, 10:53 AM
I am... Initiate

Well, her feelings changed. Together When... is about that. They thought they found an "unchanging thing" (true love), but saw it changing and kind of drifted apart. But since then her outlook on the matter changed. I think you should read the lyrics of the following songs:
Together When..., LOVE'n'HATE, You were..., WHY...
that should give you a better understanding.

I have a feeling, though, that perhaps their respective companies had their play in all that as well, especially his. Johnny's have to keep their relationships kind of secret and can't marry when they want to. I always thought that the elderly man giving away Tomoya's puppet to the boy in the Together When... PV kind of hinted at that, but I might be overinterpreting. I'm not saying they broke up because of his company, but that their interference might have led to some frustrations?
Until she doesn't tell us herself, and she likely won't, we can only go from what we have, though.

And everyone saying that it was because she didn't want to get married is making stuff up. Nothing ever hinted at that, on the contrary. You only have to look at CAROLS and You were... to know that. Or the pair tattoo they had.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 29th August 2017, 11:48 AM
TO BE Initiate

But after a few years, she married. And very fast. So, what has changed?
Tomoya said that they were very different and that they wanted different things. Anyway, I'm sorry they broke up. Ayumi was very happy when she was with him. When they broke up, she changed.
Old 29th August 2017, 12:59 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

It's hard to say why the 2 of them break up but sometimes when you're with someone for so long , somewhere along the line things will bound to change

Let alone Nagase is a Johnny so it's even worst that he's unable to comment on his personal life so publicly as Johnnys have a reputation to maintain in public whether they like it or not

If Nagase was a comedian or talento , it will be different as they're more open about their private life to a certain extent unlike Johnnys

Johnnys also do not tend to settle down so young , only if it's a shotgun marriage . If not , they will only get married when they're in their late 30s if not early - mid 40s , kinda a big price for paying in being an idol

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 29th August 2017, 09:19 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKathy View Post
But after a few years, she married. And very fast. So, what has changed?
Tomoya said that they were very different and that they wanted different things. Anyway, I'm sorry they broke up. Ayumi was very happy when she was with him. When they broke up, she changed.
Difficult to say, really. We also have to keep in mind that every reason they give us might not be the truth or at least not the whole truth, because it's their private life after all.

I think maybe if not for the fact that Tomoya is a Johnny's they would've married. Perhaps even pretty fast.
November has a part talking about looking deeply into someone's eyes and if one feels something then to not let go of that hand. She never downright said it, it's only implied, but I think she regretted (regrets) breaking up with Tomoya. And so as to not regret again she decided to get married really fast on the next occasion. "It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of emotions" she said back then.

In a way I liked Ayu when she was with Tomoya best. It's really like that that she usually makes the best music when she's happily in love.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」