Asian music "what's on your mind" thread III - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 25th December 2018, 01:25 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

And they're setting a record with it being the largest tour ever with 50 dates and an audience of 2,37 million attendees. They always sell out and it's hard to get tickets (apparently their FC has 2 million members), so I don't think this is going to change this time.
Congrats to them!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 25th December 2018, 01:28 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
And they're setting a record with it being the largest tour ever with 50 dates and an audience of 2,37 million attendees. They always sell out and it's hard to get tickets (apparently their FC has 2 million members), so I don't think this is going to change this time.
Congrats to them!
Yeah that's so crazy to know so , @_@

My sister's friend already joined ARASHI's fanclub yesterday lmao . She want to go at least once next year maybe either in Sapporo or Fukuoka cos these 2 seem to be slightly easier if not more out of the way to go , unlike the other 3

But ARASHI fans are so dedicated so you never know D:

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 27th December 2018, 10:17 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Here's the first streaming chart of Oricon (12/10 - 12/16):

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/st/w/2018-12-24/

01. Konya kono mama -Aimyon - 1,539,441 streams
02. Marygold - Aimyon - 853,150 streams
03. YES or YES - TWICE - 839,524 streams

First combined single chart (12/10 - 12/16]:

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/cos/w/2018-12-24/

01. Stand by you - SKE48 - 234,898 points
02. Akai Wana (who loves it?)/ADAMAS - LiSA - 45,398 points
03. BRAVE JEWEL - Roselia - 39,996 points

First combined album chart (12/10 - 12/16):

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/coa/w/2018-12-24/

01. ANTI ANTI GENERATION - RADWIMPS - 91,435 points
02. THANX!!!!!!! Neo Best of DA PUMP - DA PUMP - 51,794 ponints
03. 111=1 (Power Of Destiny):Wanna One - Wanna One - 49,707 points

Oricon also displays in the combined chart, how the releases got their points - physical, digital or streaming. E.g. LiSA's new single isn't available for streaming (yet). Aimyon is really big in streaming, but not with actual sales.

For comparison here's the streamig chart from Billboard Japan for (almost) the same week:

Numbers are higher, but Billboard is counting more services.
Oricon counts Apple Music、AWA、KKBOX 、LINE MUSIC、recochoku.
Billboard counts the following:

So it's still not an all-embracing chart, but the first combined one and a step in the right direction.
Thanks for sharing this, this is some really interesting stuff! But I'm left wondering why the Oricon and Billboard streaming charts look so different. Why does Oricon count fewer services is they make that much of a difference (almost 800k difference between the Oricon and Billboard number for the same #1 song)? But seems like a step in the right direction anyway.

---

Speaking of streaming, do many people here stream their music? I've been using Spotify more this year and I've been fascinated with their year-end summary of my listening habits. These are apparently my top 10 Asian songs. Seems pretty accurate though not entirely exhaustive. And really serves as a reminder of all the songs I was hyperfixated on over the year.

1. Suiyoubi no Campanella - Itoshii Monotachi e / The Sand Castle
2. iri - Corner
3. BoA - RECOLLECTION
4. negoto - Suichuu Toshi
5. Sheena Ringo - more
6. INSHOW-HA - Woman
7. ACIDMAN - Sekitou
8. miwa - Hikari e
9. Faint★Star - Hoozuki
10. Suiyoubi no Campanella - Kiiro no Uta / A Cat Called Yellow
Old 28th December 2018, 02:25 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacku View Post
Thanks for sharing this, this is some really interesting stuff! But I'm left wondering why the Oricon and Billboard streaming charts look so different. Why does Oricon count fewer services is they make that much of a difference (almost 800k difference between the Oricon and Billboard number for the same #1 song)? But seems like a step in the right direction anyway.
Oricon is only counting paid accounts and I suppose they only count the most popular services.
E.g. the Amazon music service is widely used by Japanese - but only the "free" model that's incoporated in an Amazon Prime account. Which is most likely the reason why Oricon isn't counting it.
I'd prefer they would count everything from every service, but maybe they gonna expand it in the future.
Streaming is still growing in Japan.

And yes, I use Spotify, but only the free version so no idea how my statistics look like.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 28th December 2018, 08:33 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Thanks for the explanation, Corvina. I'd prefer them counting everything too, this selectiveness seems a little pedantic and impractical.

negoto announced that they will disband after a final tour next summer. I've been following them for many years and thought that they were hitting new artistic peaks just last year, so this is a sad announcement to see. I hope they'll still release some new sweet music before calling it quits.

In happier news, iri announced a new album release for March! Excited for that and NakamuraEmi's album coming in February.
Old 28th December 2018, 09:22 PM

ACE OF SPADES are resuming activities in 2019 after a 6 years break o_o

And I'm very surprised they have not released an album after such a long hiatus but better late than never

This also in a way is sad cos it has been almost 6 years since my sister left the EXILE fandom & she was a very big EXILE fan and the 1st concert she went to see in Japan was EXILE at Kyocera Dome Osaka where she got lost inside the venue , xD

That was before HIRO decided to retire from the public spotlight :s

Also , this year's Johnny Countdown concert goods went on sale today and I'm very surprised KinKi Kids & TOKIO had no Uchiwa made available

And it's so bittersweet that it's the last Tackey & Tsubasa Uchiwa made available for the Johnny Countdown

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 8th January 2019, 03:05 PM

At long last Matsushita Yuya is back with new solo material in 6 years !

That's so crazy to know but I still love his music after all these years . Really hope his comeback album will be good

Old 9th January 2019, 08:05 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Why couldn’t the last minute of Blackpink’s Forever Young been a full separate song! It sounds awesome and for me, doesn’t fit with the rest of the song as a whole.

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 13th January 2019, 10:25 AM

Just announced a few mins ago on LINE Live , flumpool are making a comeback this year

So happy about this especially after frontman Ryuuta been plagued with vocal issues for years

1st is Matsushita Yuya , now is flumpool who're coming back . I hope the next artiste will be abingdon boys school ;__;

Old 16th January 2019, 05:19 AM
Two of us Initiate

Just saw Ariyasu Momoka is making her return to music after an abrupt graduation/retirement a year ago.
Old 16th January 2019, 11:51 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Yanawaraba (Okinawa female duo from Ishigaki island) is making a comeback!!!

http://www.ya-na.net/
Old 16th January 2019, 02:25 PM

New flumpool single in May , woo can't wait

Old 17th January 2019, 11:13 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
Universal uploaded the full In This Place~Futari no Kizuna on their YouTube account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8hNPvJlarc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
^ Wait, what? Geoblocked??? This is a Universal artist, and not Sony...so why are they doing a full blanket geoblock? We're more familiar with the Sony geoblocks, so why is this happening to a Universal artist? (And isn't Universal owned by Comcast?)

Or is it some YouTube Premium stuff that is causing the blocking???

Spoiler:
This might be somewhat off-topic, but I'm not sure if it's related to some recent YouTube Premium business?

https://old.reddit.com/r/jpop/commen...g_on_avexs_yt/
https://old.reddit.com/r/japanesemus...s_up_with_the/
https://onehallyu.com/topic/96-the-j...#entry29118080
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I probably should stop posting such things in the near future , especially since you don't listen to Aoyama in the 1st place

For the record , Hilcrhyme recently has the same problem too . I cannot watch Atarimae PV without using a VPN

At times if not most times , you make a mountain out of a molehill
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkAYuko View Post

Anybody here can download this MV from youtube in HD? it's region locked
Quote:
Yeah, avex uploaded a whole bunch of (old) videos for different artists (also two live vids for Ayu).
But all of those are for the Premium Music option from youtube. Seems to be something they wanna push for 2019.
This seriously needs to be pointed out - YouTube Music Premium, which just recently rolled out to Japan, is now causing 'geoblock' or 'paywall' issues on J-pop music videos, especially 'full versions' of it. This could be very serious in the long run, and this could affect not just Avex - but other labels around Japan, especially big ones like Sony or Universal...
Old 17th January 2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
This seriously needs to be pointed out - YouTube Music Premium, which just recently rolled out to Japan, is now causing 'geoblock' or 'paywall' issues on J-pop music videos, especially 'full versions' of it. This could be very serious in the long run, and this could affect not just Avex - but other labels around Japan, especially big ones like Sony or Universal...
You probably am the only 1 in the forum over worry about such things for nothing

Personally I don't see this as a big deal . Almost 10 years ago when Johnny & Associates start to roll out short PV versions of Johnnys PVs on music shows , that's 1 way of getting fans to buy their physical releases as up to now , Johnnys' material are not available for legal purchase or legal streaming , yet

Then subsequently other record labels do the same thing as well

And now with YouTube Music Premium , it's more or less the same thing . If you don't want to pay $ to watch whoever artistes' videos are uploaded online , then just buy the artiste's release , simple as that

Granted that Japan is the world's 2nd music market but USA is still the biggest overall

This basically means Sony Japan & Universal Japan stand to lose out a lot of $ in limiting their artistes' videos for viewing within Japan solely

Last edited by KarenPang; 17th January 2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 19th January 2019, 11:06 PM

It was interesting to see Little Glee Monster covered Golden Bomber's Memeshikute on Fri's MUSIC STATION 2 hours special episode

And to say their rendition is very different from the original , it's an understatement

Also for Backstreet Boys & V6 to be in the same age range , mind blown & for Nick Carter to say that each group can trade members made me LOL

Old 26th January 2019, 07:11 PM

GACKT wrote on his Instagram yesterday & he scolded YOSHIKI for being late

Lmao that's so hilarious , I guess punctuality is not YOSHIKI's strength

Old 27th January 2019, 02:32 PM

Announced a few mins ago on their fanclub site , ARASHI will go on hiatus from end of 2020 onwards :O

I'm not surprised in a way , ARASHI has been working so hard the past 20 years or more so it's about time for them to go on a well deserved break

Damn this means 5x20 concert tickets will now be even more harder to get than ever before

Old 9th February 2019, 05:05 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I've read some comments again about why J-Pop isn't as appealing anymore and they say it's because it got so stale, boybands and idols reigning and no really interesting newcomers except anime singers and mellow singer-songwriters like Aimyon.
And while I think this might be true for the overall mainstream market, I couldn't disagree more with newcomers.
From the top of my head there are a bunch of new artists I came to love - Taichi Mukai, Chanmina, FAKY and eill to name them.

Really excited for Chanmina's first physicial single release btw.
The covers are awesome!

Glad to have her, cause she's bascially a new Kuu/Namie, except she's more of a rapper while also having a great singing voice.
A strong female figure Japan just needs more of right now imo.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 10th February 2019, 02:07 AM
I am... Initiate

^ if she has a similar style to kuu and namie, I will definitely check her out!
Old 10th February 2019, 11:03 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

You should!
Her best release yet was the Chocolate mini-album (My Name and Green Light ).
Pain Is Beauty is her last digital single and a good song, too.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」