What kind of contest would you enter? Take 6 - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: What kind of AHS contest will you enter?
Art/graphic design: electronic media [e.g. photoshop] 83 42.78%
Art/graphic design: traditional media [e.g. drawing, painting, sculpture, etc] 43 22.16%
Flash animation 10 5.15%
Food. 22 11.34%
Game programming. [e.g. Java, Flash, etc. Please specify.] 8 4.12%
Karaoke: Japanese. 78 40.21%
Karaoke: any other language. 49 25.26%
Manga. 25 12.89%
Music performance [e.g. piano, violin, etc] 27 13.92%
Photography 54 27.84%
Poll based contests [e.g. Tournament] 21 10.82%
Remix: mashup 10 5.15%
Remix: non-stop mix 10 5.15%
Remix: original 19 9.79%
Video. 34 17.53%
Writing: Essay 25 12.89%
Writing: Fan fiction 35 18.04%
Writing: Poetry, Lyrics 57 29.38%
Writing: Script, Screenplay 18 9.28%
Other. Please specify. 5 2.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 9th September 2010, 02:18 AM
No way to say Initiate

There's lots and lots of graphic contests...have we traditional artists been forgotten? I'm just joking~ But a contest for traditional art would be awesome
Old 9th September 2010, 03:29 AM
Daybreak Initiate

^Ikr? XD Come on, AHS throw us a bone. Do we need to sign a petition or do a head count of everyone that most certainly WILL participate in such a contest? (although... that is what this thread is kinda for... XD We need more votes!).

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 9th September 2010, 04:25 AM
No way to say Initiate

^ Lol, our peeps will sign our petition, yes? :^D C'mon, 42 more people!!! Graphic artists are beating us!!
Old 9th September 2010, 04:32 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I think we would need permission from the mods to do that sort of thing, lol. I seriously would start a thread like that though. XD

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Old 9th September 2010, 04:43 AM
No way to say Initiate

^ Lol, it would be awesome!
Old 22nd September 2010, 03:13 AM
Replace Initiate

All of these contests are creative ones... what about contests that are based more on knowledge of ayu? She's got a huge body of work, it would be a fun challenge, I think, and the results would arguably be more fair because answers can be verified. Boajjang, for example, has done song and PV identification contests - it would be impossible to google the answers, but they're 100% easy to verify.

Any thoughts on doing something like that?
Old 22nd September 2010, 04:51 AM
Liar Initiate

ooo like have part of a screencap from a PV but that's really hard to tell what it's from
or a small riff from a song?
I think that would be fun...

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 22nd September 2010, 07:05 PM
Replace Initiate

Exactly! The BoA contest was REALLY hard, and really fun... the PV screencaps all had a photoshop filter or two applied to them so even if you knew the PV you might have a hard time IDing it. It was REALLY cool.

And there was one tori amos fansite game back in the day... well two that were really interesting. One was one called the tori Puzzle Box, where tons of items that were references to Tori song titles were in a box, and you had to guess the song reference. For example, a paper envelope with a tornado on it labeled "just add water", which also had a photo of actress Tallulah Bankhead on it. That was "Talula (the tornado mix)", get it? XD

The other one was a sound clip game - every week there were three tiny TINY (like one or two notes) clips of tori's songs and people would guess what the songs were. It was challenging, but if you really knew the songs well it was totally doable! But only one or two people would get all three of them right each week, so it was certainly a challenge. I got them all right 3 or 4 times. But if AHS had a similar setup, with like clips of 10 to 30 songs, it could really be challenging and fun.

^_^

Last edited by Delirium-Zer0; 22nd September 2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 22nd September 2010, 07:59 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma Matsuri View Post
I think we would need permission from the mods to do that sort of thing, lol. I seriously would start a thread like that though. XD
AHS Awards didn't need permission. I guess if you want to ask mods for permission they wouldn't mind, but just make it clear it's not an official AHS competition and no real prize will be given.
Plus, count my vote. Drawing art? I'd be in it to win it.

Last edited by koumori; 22nd September 2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Extra info.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:46 AM
Initiate

Actually I would love to see an ayu portrait traditonal medium contest
Old 24th September 2010, 07:57 AM
Daybreak Initiate

@Delirium-Zero: Great point you bought up. A trivia/brain teaser contest is definitely needed to balance things out. Plus, they are quite fun mostly because more people can participate. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post

AHS Awards didn't need permission. I guess if you want to ask mods for permission they wouldn't mind, but just make it clear it's not an official AHS competition and no real prize will be given.
Plus, count my vote. Drawing art? I'd be in it to win it.
Oh that's right, the AHS awards thread(s) are yours lol. Neat. I'm honestly considering going through with it now.

lilchan's comment gave me an idea too, if there were a Drawing Contest I think separate categories would be needed. One for portrait, manga/anime, and a straight freestyle... all traditional and all the artists would be able to enter one or all of the categories if they wanted. The only obstacle though is not only how many would be willing to participate but how many are actually able to when it's all said and done. Before going through the trouble of creating rules/graphics/deadlines/etc. I wanna know if we'll have a decent competition first. I think we'll need at least 10-15 participants to make this work... or it can just be me, you, and Captain K in a 'vicious' three-way showdown (which I'm actually OK with) LOL.

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Old 24th September 2010, 04:53 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma Matsuri View Post
Oh that's right, the AHS awards thread(s) are yours lol. Neat. I'm honestly considering going through with it now.

lilchan's comment gave me an idea too, if there were a Drawing Contest I think separate categories would be needed. One for portrait, manga/anime, and a straight freestyle... all traditional and all the artists would be able to enter one or all of the categories if they wanted. The only obstacle though is not only how many would be willing to participate but how many are actually able to when it's all said and done. Before going through the trouble of creating rules/graphics/deadlines/etc. I wanna know if we'll have a decent competition first. I think we'll need at least 10-15 participants to make this work... or it can just be me, you, and Captain K in a 'vicious' three-way showdown (which I'm actually OK with) LOL.
I'd be more than happy to help, I'm pretty good at organising now. It's pretty simple once you've got the basic rules. (: And I'm sure if you made a thread in the Graphics area (or Chatroom, either which) asking how many would be interested, like I did with the AHS Awards, it'd both tell you how many would enter and also advertise it for votes But I'd do in like November/December, when the other competitions have ended
Old 24th September 2010, 06:57 PM
Initiate

^I WOULD ENTER! *flexes fingers*

manga style seems cute<3
Old 24th September 2010, 08:03 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchan View Post
^I WOULD ENTER! *flexes fingers*

manga style seems cute<3
I'll beat you all! >]

..probably not, but it'd be so fun to draw competitively again~ And to see everyone else's drawings would be so fun
Old 24th September 2010, 08:21 PM
Daybreak Initiate

^^Awesome! So that's four people... 6 to go, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post

I'd be more than happy to help, I'm pretty good at organising now. It's pretty simple once you've got the basic rules. (: And I'm sure if you made a thread in the Graphics area (or Chatroom, either which) asking how many would be interested, like I did with the AHS Awards, it'd both tell you how many would enter and also advertise it for votes But I'd do in like November/December, when the other competitions have ended
Oh thank you. Gonna definitely need some assistance since I'm a huge procrastinator that likes to plan things thoroughly but never actually do them. Thanks for the tip forgot about all the other contests lol. The "interest" thread could be made in Oct to give people time to prepare, give suggestions and such then have the actual competition in Nov with a Dec deadline. Yeah, that sounds good lol.

I'm *pretty* sure I can manage with the graphics myself unless I'm feeling extremely lazy () but I'll need help with coming up with the rules like if PS can be used... don't want any misunderstandings or ill will towards the winners. Also, will need help with advertising and calculating how voting will be done.

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Old 24th September 2010, 09:37 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

^ Well I can help with ideas if you need them, just ask I can say the AHS Awards have gone pretty smoothly considering the many votes, so I'm sure I can be of some assistance Drawing is my passion, I'd be honoured to be able to take part. <3
Old 24th September 2010, 11:41 PM
No way to say Initiate

Same here!!! I love drawing...I'd love to help in any way I can!!!
Old 25th September 2010, 04:31 AM
Initiate

I can just imagine it...I would just need it to be grayscale. because coloring isn't my best friend

I was working with oil pastels today, and after an hour, I had to rip my work in half literally because I hated it. I don't see anything wrong with PS just as long as it isn't used explicitly(just to brighten/darken the scan), because I know scanners don't always scan well.

shoot, I am getting too excited for this.
Old 25th September 2010, 05:07 AM
Daybreak Initiate

^No, it's good you're excited! XD You have a good point there. I was thinking of ruling out PS completely but I think as long as it's used to correct/polish a scan, it should be fine. And don't feel bad, color has never been kind to me either.

Thanks for offering all the help guys! Because I'm sure I'm gonna need it, lol.

I'm not sure what to do about Drawing Tablet users though since technically they are drawing by hand but not with a traditional media plus they have to use drawing software... what do you guys think?

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Old 25th September 2010, 09:50 AM
Over Initiate

karaoke japanese,photography, video ,writing fan fiction, writing poetry lyrics, other : drawing

thanks ownsarai

Closed Thread

Tags
contest